Like Tree840Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2019, 09:35 AM   #8986
Great Supremacy Member

calkel waifu frm tw

Happy New Year Everybody, this year huat till too much money to spend
Old 07-02-2019, 01:04 PM   #8987

Hi we are going to Taiwan for 10D9N in March. Plan to self-drive and visit Hualien and Taitung. Can suggest itinerary? TIA
Old 07-02-2019, 02:10 PM   #8988
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi we are going to Taiwan for 10D9N in March. Plan to self-drive and visit Hualien and Taitung. Can suggest itinerary? TIA
Land in taipei or kaohsiung? Going home from taipei or kaohsiung?
Old 07-02-2019, 02:25 PM   #8989

Land in taipei or kaohsiung? Going home from taipei or kaohsiung?
Apologies for the lack of information. Will be landing and departing from Taipei. This is my 2nd trip to Taiwan. Previously went to Kenting, Kaohsiung and Tainan, which was back in 2015.

This time, plan to self-drive. Was thinking take car after landing at Taipei around 3PM-4PM, then head to Keelung, Hualien and Taitung. Then return car at Taitung and take train back to Taipei, plan for 3/4 days at Taipei.

Or would it be better to do the other way round? Take train direct from Taipei to Taitung and take car at Taitung, and return at Taipei.
Old 07-02-2019, 09:44 PM   #8990
High Supremacy Member

Apologies for the lack of information. Will be landing and departing from Taipei. This is my 2nd trip to Taiwan. Previously went to Kenting, Kaohsiung and Tainan, which was back in 2015.

This time, plan to self-drive. Was thinking take car after landing at Taipei around 3PM-4PM, then head to Keelung, Hualien and Taitung. Then return car at Taitung and take train back to Taipei, plan for 3/4 days at Taipei.

Or would it be better to do the other way round? Take train direct from Taipei to Taitung and take car at Taitung, and return at Taipei.
NO difference to me , since self drive means loads of personal time.
Old 07-02-2019, 09:45 PM   #8991
High Supremacy Member

calkel waifu frm tw

Happy New Year Everybody, this year huat till too much money to spend
HUat ah!
GoTaiwan for CNy means waifu is TWMM?
瞎咪 logic
Old 08-02-2019, 10:17 AM   #8992
Arch-Supremacy Member

you probably want to consider which is more convenient or less stress for you.

imo, i'd drive first and take the train back to taipei. bitter first sweet later, as the chinese sayings go.
Old 08-02-2019, 11:17 AM   #8993
High Supremacy Member

imo, i'd drive first and take the train back to taipei. bitter first sweet later, as the chinese sayings go.
Either way like you said.
But scary part is to brinbg so many loots back to Taipei via train.
Old 08-02-2019, 03:51 PM   #8994

If I drive first, I will be at Hualien on weekends, is Taroko crowded then? Would you recommend exploring Taroko on weekdays instead?
Old 08-02-2019, 03:57 PM   #8995

That's a valid consideration as well. May be more relaxing taking the train without the extra weight haha.

But if I want to take the train to taitung on the day of my arrival, I would have to commute to Taipei right? Don't see any train option from Taoyuan on Thursday evening.

I'm budgeting about 6-7 days to explore places outside of Taipei i.e. drive Taipei-Taitung or drive Taitung-Taipei, is that too much? What are the recommended places of interest between Taipei and Taitung?
Old 08-02-2019, 11:46 PM   #8996
High Supremacy Member

That's a valid consideration as well. May be more relaxing taking the train without the extra weight haha.

But if I want to take the train to taitung on the day of my arrival, I would have to commute to Taipei right? Don't see any train option from Taoyuan on Thursday evening.

I'm budgeting about 6-7 days to explore places outside of Taipei i.e. drive Taipei-Taitung or drive Taitung-Taipei, is that too much? What are the recommended places of interest between Taipei and Taitung?
Ideally fly into kaohsiung n proceed.
In any case, like such, will have to get tickets from taipei to taitung.
Can pm me to grab tickets.
Hear from you soon.
Old 10-02-2019, 12:17 PM   #8997
Arch-Supremacy Member

Does one require international license to drive in tw? My wife only has a Malaysian license.

Sent from Samsung SM-J730GM using GAGT
Old 10-02-2019, 01:57 PM   #8998
Master Member

Anyone know where to find some ktv fun in taichung other than 金钱豹?
Old 10-02-2019, 02:31 PM   #8999
Arch-Supremacy Member

i dun buy things, so not a big consideration. even if i buy, it should go into the luggages, so no differences whether take train or drive.

If I drive first, I will be at Hualien on weekends, is Taroko crowded then? Would you recommend exploring Taroko on weekdays instead?
without the chinese tourists crowd now, i believe no difference between weekdays and weekends. just avoid the taiwan holiday period as it will be jam everywhere.
Old 10-02-2019, 02:32 PM   #9000
Arch-Supremacy Member

Does one require international license to drive in tw? My wife only has a Malaysian license.

Sent from Samsung SM-J730GM using GAGT
yes need international driving license.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.