HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 9

Like Tree108Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2020, 09:16 AM   #1891
Master Member

First time visit their lantern festival really so much better then our chun dao 😆😆😆
ApeTruelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 10:22 AM   #1892
Banned

How's the condition there now? We have a trip in 2 weeks. Still monitoring the condition whether to go or not. No refund for cancelling though since it is scoot airline.
i also having my trip in 2 weeks time

anyways scoot *should* probably will refund us the air ticks money if the flight were to cancel under unforeseen circumstances.

i tried call scoot hotline 20 mins still nobody attend to me.
MrSloggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 10:25 AM   #1893
Banned

Taiwan is managing much better then Singapore... Problem is whether they will ban us anot is the main concern?? We wouldn't know
if kena ban then i am gonna postpone my trip to end march.

initially my trip was end feb.
Old 12-02-2020, 10:27 AM   #1894
Supremacy Member

anyways scoot *should* probably will refund us the air ticks money if the flight were to cancel under unforeseen circumstances.

I call them in Malaysia, 15 mins still busy.
Ask my sis in Sg to call them, after 45 mins still busy
Andrew833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 10:27 AM   #1895
Banned

If we were already in the country for a few days, and they decided to execute the 14 days LOA/home quarantine, does it apply to us? Or just those new entry?
if i am not wrong... applicable for those new entry ba
Old 12-02-2020, 10:28 AM   #1896
Banned

their facebook messenger no use one.
autobot.
only way to reach them is through phone call.
Old 12-02-2020, 01:30 PM   #1897

if im not wrong, scoot offers full refund for tickets to taiwan. check their website for latest.

https://www.flyscoot.com/en/announce...onia-situation
orange_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 03:05 PM   #1898
Master Member

if kena ban then i am gonna postpone my trip to end march.

initially my trip was end feb.
I don't think the thing will blow over by end March. Soonest will be second half of the year.
beast78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 03:45 PM   #1899
Banned

I don't think the thing will blow over by end March. Soonest will be second half of the year.
second half thats like july isnt it ?
Old 12-02-2020, 04:18 PM   #1900

How's the condition there now? We have a trip in 2 weeks. Still monitoring the condition whether to go or not. No refund for cancelling though since it is scoot airline.
Not there yet, my trip is next week. Just checking, just incase the new law kicks in when we are there.
Old 12-02-2020, 04:51 PM   #1901

YEa, same experience, nobody pick up..

Yea.. i put speakerphone and just let it ring itself while i do myu own stuff. 1 hr also nobody pick up. Lol

if im not wrong, scoot offers full refund for tickets to taiwan. check their website for latest.

https://www.flyscoot.com/en/announce...onia-situation
Ahh thanks. Currently only for customers affected by entry restrictions.

Therefore i guess only valid for most of us when Taiwan officially start a travel ban for all singapore flights.
Now if we cancel/postpone the trip ownselves due to safety/health concerns as well as concerns for being quarantined in taiwan upon landing will have to bear the whole cost without refunds i guess..
The_Red_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 04:52 PM   #1902

Not there yet, my trip is next week. Just checking, just incase the new law kicks in when we are there.
Yea same. We still want to go for the taiwan trip, just getting prepared mentally in case the travel ban happens before or during our flight. If really super Suay, then will be like those unfortunate taiwanese stuck in philiphines now when the travel ban happens during their flight.

Last edited by The_Red_X; 12-02-2020 at 05:27 PM..
The_Red_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 05:24 PM   #1903
Arch-Supremacy Member

any idea if there already they announce singaporeans ban or need quarantine will be affected not?
Old 12-02-2020, 05:46 PM   #1904

If we were already in the country for a few days, and they decided to execute the 14 days LOA/home quarantine, does it apply to us? Or just those new entry?
I assume you meant in Taiwan for a few days already and Taiwan decided to execute the 14 days self quarantine. Execute the 14 days self quarantine to who? To the people living in Taiwan or to visitors visiting Taiwan? Kinda oxymoron to self quarantine visitors arriving in Taiwan as it will defeat whatever purpose they have to visit the country, isn't it? Might as well ban the visitors from entry (might as well put them on a turnaround flight to wherever they came from or deny them boarding in the first instance)?
eleutheromania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 05:48 PM   #1905
Banned

I assume you meant in Taiwan for a few days already and Taiwan decided to execute the 14 days self quarantine. Execute the 14 days self quarantine to who? To the people living in Taiwan or to visitors visiting Taiwan? Kinda oxymoron to self quarantine visitors arriving in Taiwan as it will defeat whatever purpose they have to visit the country, isn't it? Might as well ban the visitors from entry (might as well put them on a turnaround flight to wherever they came from or deny them boarding in the first instance)?
precisely. It's like going to the country just to self quarantine yourself and come back? lol
so lets say if you're in taiwan for few days and the started the 14 days quarantine, that only applicable for new entry not existing entry,
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.