HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 9

Like Tree105Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2020, 05:50 PM   #1906

Ahh thanks. Currently only for customers affected by entry restrictions.

Therefore i guess only valid for most of us when Taiwan officially start a travel ban for all singapore flights.
Now if we cancel/postpone the trip ownselves due to safety/health concerns as well as concerns for being quarantined in taiwan upon landing will have to bear the whole cost without refunds i guess..
if u cancel now you def won't be able to get any refunds.

best is to wait for them to impose travel ban on SG and the airline "most" probably will give refund base on the recent SG travel Ban on China flights.
MrSloggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 09:03 PM   #1907

if im not wrong, scoot offers full refund for tickets to taiwan. check their website for latest.

https://www.flyscoot.com/en/announce...onia-situation
The refund for this is only applicable for customer who is affected by their change of summer holidays.
kevinleong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 10:53 PM   #1908

The refund for this is only applicable for customer who is affected by their change of summer holidays.
So let’s wait Taiwan impose travel ban on sg then get full refund
Old 13-02-2020, 06:39 AM   #1909

I actually booked a surprise trip for my wife bday on the 27-29 feb. not sure if I have problem or not... but my parent is already there for about 3 days. So far nothing
botakbotak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2020, 08:09 AM   #1910
Master Member

I actually booked a surprise trip for my wife bday on the 27-29 feb. not sure if I have problem or not... but my parent is already there for about 3 days. So far nothing
Taiwan most likely will ban SG just how soon nia. The next few days will be the start of sakura season. Better to do backup plan for now

Last edited by ApeTruelove; 13-02-2020 at 08:11 AM..
ApeTruelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2020, 10:55 AM   #1911

Taiwan most likely will ban SG just how soon nia. The next few days will be the start of sakura season. Better to do backup plan for now
i always believe it's a matter of time

now our figure is 50 isn't it ?
Old 13-02-2020, 11:26 AM   #1912
Supremacy Member

My thinking when I was in Malaysia (just started my holiday trip), my parent call to ask me cancel trip. Malaysia got less cases than sg, so should I skip sg
Tw got less cases than sg, why not? But if can cancel or postpone, I will do that, for family concern.
Andrew833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2020, 11:29 AM   #1913

Taiwan ban residents from China, HK and Macau cos of political reasons. Cos it's China! Taiwan will not ban the other countries cos they are not China!
twosix likes this.
eleutheromania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2020, 02:33 PM   #1914
Arch-Supremacy Member

if sg goes into red alert, if not, taiwan will not ban singapore imo. they have not banned taiwanese from visiting sg yet. they asked their citizens to be vigilant when visiting sg though, not ban.
twosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2020, 02:34 PM   #1915
Arch-Supremacy Member

quote for future reference.
twosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2020, 02:40 PM   #1916

I booked a non-refundable flight ticket with SIA back in December. Supposed to be going to Taiwan on March, but my parents no longer interested with the whole coronavirus situation. I already cancelled all my hotel bookings, and since nothing has been deducted yet, I don't need to bother about refunds.

But my flight, that's the tricky part. I already purchased a travel insurance early Jan, and they said I can only claim for my flight if there is a travel advisory from MFA. Any one know if I can get SIA to refund since this is a unforeseen circumstances, or if I can reschedule the flight?
beta_sheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2020, 02:48 PM   #1917
Arch-Supremacy Member

if sg goes into red alert, if not, taiwan will not ban singapore imo. they have not banned taiwanese from visiting sg yet. they asked their citizens to be vigilant when visiting sg though, not ban.
Hk was at alert 2 when they got banned. Sg is also now at alert 2 while hk promoted to alert 3. Just see how many unknown clusters in sg before we also get banned nia

Sent from OnePlus HD1900 using GAGT
deathscthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2020, 02:49 PM   #1918
Arch-Supremacy Member

I booked a non-refundable flight ticket with SIA back in December. Supposed to be going to Taiwan on March, but my parents no longer interested with the whole coronavirus situation. I already cancelled all my hotel bookings, and since nothing has been deducted yet, I don't need to bother about refunds.

But my flight, that's the tricky part. I already purchased a travel insurance early Jan, and they said I can only claim for my flight if there is a travel advisory from MFA. Any one know if I can get SIA to refund since this is a unforeseen circumstances, or if I can reschedule the flight?
Try calling SIA, my ticket they cancelled to open ticket use by Nov

Sent from OnePlus HD1900 using GAGT
deathscthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2020, 03:42 PM   #1919
Master Member

Taiwan ban residents from China, HK and Macau cos of political reasons. Cos it's China! Taiwan will not ban the other countries cos they are not China!
So are you saying that if somehow any country the condition got worse as long is not from China will not get ban?????
ApeTruelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2020, 04:00 PM   #1920
Supremacy Member

If your flight ticket is brought in promo price, good luck to you. I tried before just to change flight back date also cannot.
Andrew833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.