[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 9

Irenicus

Master Member
Reaction score
Do you mean your route is Taichung > Cingjing > Taichung > Taipei?
Cingjing farm I didn't see any luggage storage area. HSR not sure.
It's best to leave yr luggage to yr hotel, go Cingjing farm early, come back to hotel for checkout. After check out can ask hotel/ minsu to send you to HSR.

You can also take afternoon bus direct to Taipei.

Thks everyone for your helpful replies. My route will be Taichung > Cingjing > Taichung > Taipei

Our luggage will be quite bulky as I'm travelling with another senior family member so we don't intend to lug them around Cingjing.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Taiwan experts, are there any luggage storage facilities at Cingjing Farm or Taichung HSR station? Or is it better to leave my luggage with the Taichung hotel, then retrieve it after coming back from Cingjing?
Because for my 3rd day in Taichung, I intend to go to Cingjing and head to Taipei on the same day. Thks.
Suggest u just book a driver
Save yourself the hassle and rush
It will be okay as long as really not too many luggages

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thks everyone for your helpful replies. My route will be Taichung > Cingjing > Taichung > Taipei

Our luggage will be quite bulky as I'm travelling with another senior family member so we don't intend to lug them around Cingjing.

Since you going back to Taichung for a night or 2. Before you go cingjing, check out hotel, leave your luggage with the hotel. Get it back when you do check in.
In this case you need to have 2 luggage so that you can split.

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just went kaoshiong. Their food taste not bad. Not as heavy on flavour from sauce but more of the natural flavour. Din tai fung same std as SG. But tim ho wan there better. I noticed their bread or flour based taste better. Their milk n bubble tea. also taste better as tw local sourced milk. Sugar tiger much better than SG

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can try their gold class movies seats. Cheaper than SG with free drink or food.

wongkc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

if i am staying 1 night at CingJing, next day enough time to cover Taroko National Park (mostly sightseeing, no hiking coz got elderly) then go back Taipei... or should i stay at Hualien for 1 night next day then go back Taipei?

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

if i am staying 1 night at CingJing, next day enough time to cover Taroko National Park (mostly sightseeing, no hiking coz got elderly) then go back Taipei... or should i stay at Hualien for 1 night next day then go back Taipei?

How are you going to Taroko National Park from cingjing? By hiring driver?
Cingjing will wasted if you only spend half a day there, next morning go Hualien. With elderly why rush, spend more time in 1 place than spend more time in travelling.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I will do hualien a day
Stay hualien
Then to yilan/ New Taipei city before back to hotel.
Works best.

wongkc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How are you going to Taroko National Park from cingjing? By hiring driver?
Cingjing will wasted if you only spend half a day there, next morning go Hualien. With elderly why rush, spend more time in 1 place than spend more time in travelling.

Yes will be hiring driver...

Will be coming from SML... Yah i think should stay 1 more night at CingJing... so if from CingJing to Taroko... got enough time to cover Taroko and go back to Taipei? Or should i stay at Hualien for 1 night then next day back to Taipei? From Hualien to Taipei any interesting attractions i should stop by?

btw any recommendations for accommodations at CingJing? good mountain view that can catch sunset/sunrise? or hotspring?

Thanks

wongkc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will do hualien a day
Stay hualien
Then to yilan/ New Taipei city before back to hotel.
Works best.

yah i think should stay Hualien 1 night oso too... thinking of dropping by either JiaoXi or Wulai for 1 night to do hotspring first before back to Taipei... which area hotspring better for overnight stay?

Thanks

bthw85

Reaction score
yah i think should stay Hualien 1 night oso too... thinking of dropping by either JiaoXi or Wulai for 1 night to do hotspring first before back to Taipei... which area hotspring better for overnight stay?

Thanks

for me i will choose JiaoXi ba..
Wulai can be done as a day trip from taipei

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes will be hiring driver...

Will be coming from SML... Yah i think should stay 1 more night at CingJing... so if from CingJing to Taroko... got enough time to cover Taroko and go back to Taipei? Or should i stay at Hualien for 1 night then next day back to Taipei? From Hualien to Taipei any interesting attractions i should stop by?

btw any recommendations for accommodations at CingJing? good mountain view that can catch sunset/sunrise? or hotspring?

Thanks

I thought you already done planning?
Yes, it's best to stay 2 nights in cingjing then next morning go Hualien (taroko). Where you want to stay a night depend on what you want, Jiaoxi hotel for hotspring or Hualien hotel to see some Hualien attraction.
Hualien to Taipei is very far so you can't stop too many places, try goggle attractions in yilan (jiaoxi).

Cingjing hotel, you can check out Star Villa. I stay there once, minsu location very good and friendly. Good mountain view yes, catch sunset/sunrise not sure. You can catch sunrise at hehuanshan near cingjing but must wake up very early.

wongkc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I thought you already done planning?
Yes, it's best to stay 2 nights in cingjing then next morning go Hualien (taroko). Where you want to stay a night depend on what you want, Jiaoxi hotel for hotspring or Hualien hotel to see some Hualien attraction.
Hualien to Taipei is very far so you can't stop too many places, try goggle attractions in yilan (jiaoxi).

Cingjing hotel, you can check out Star Villa. I stay there once, minsu location very good and friendly. Good mountain view yes, catch sunset/sunrise not sure. You can catch sunrise at hehuanshan near cingjing but must wake up very early.

Not done planning yet... still refining the itinerary... but more or less fixed on the dates for air tickets... should be 15days... will be booking air tickets soon... follow by hotels... then look for drivers... hoping to find one that can stay with us throughout but I think due to the long duration quite hard... maybe need to get a few drivers for different locations...

Thanks for the suggestions will check out star villa later...

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not done planning yet... still refining the itinerary... but more or less fixed on the dates for air tickets... should be 15days... will be booking air tickets soon... follow by hotels... then look for drivers... hoping to find one that can stay with us throughout but I think due to the long duration quite hard... maybe need to get a few drivers for different locations...

Thanks for the suggestions will check out star villa later...

When you travelling? If next year, try SQ now got promo $398 and above.

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lols..i think ur choice will be the same as mine ba..

Yea, that's why I said you well said lol. Jiaoxi to wulai again on the same day is very funny.
For me, jiaoxi will go for lux hotspring hotel (done). Wulai, will try nature hotspring in the open (haven't try it yet)

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea, that's why I said you well said lol. Jiaoxi to wulai again on the same day is very funny.
For me, jiaoxi will go for lux hotspring hotel (done). Wulai, will try nature hotspring in the open (haven't try it yet)

Suao has another one good hot and cold spring called RSL.
But quite steep pricing

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.