[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 9

wongkc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Driver will never stay in the same hotel as you or us. They will stay in their driver hotel/minus. So your luggage will be left in the car in a much ulu place, so best to take out and keep with you or in hotel luggage storage room.

Hmm... yah i think put in hotel luggage room better...

from what i know... my hotels at SML and Cingjing dun have lifts... the rest should be no problem...

wongkc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It was my worst nightmare changing 5 hotels during my last oct trip...with young kids
Most 1 night nia except 2 nights at hualien and 4 nights at taipei
If couple trip still ok la

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

i got 6 large luggages + stroller... and i am the only guy in the group... i think i jialat liaoz... hahaa

AlwaysHardAlwaysReady

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any place to go for my Nov trip ? Will be staying at Taipei..

Need ideas for local food and places to go..(not very interested in those museum)..

We prefer exploring or hiking.. nice outdoor scenic location

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i got 6 large luggages + stroller... and i am the only guy in the group... i think i jialat liaoz... hahaa

Good for you to exercise :s13:
Your driver will drive you to the hotel reception, can ask him to help unload luggage, hotel bellboy will take over from there. You can tip him after 11 days.
For hotel at SML and Cingjing, their reception will be very near to the drive way, so same as hotel in other places. But pack a separate bag, to bring to your hotel room, leave the rest in the storage room. Back pack the best, after use, you can flatten in, then put in your luggage. (Back pack also good for flight, can put jacket, power bank etc).

Last edited:

wongkc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good for you to exercise :s13:
Your driver will drive you to the hotel reception, can ask him to help unload luggage, hotel bellboy will take over from there. You can tip him after 11 days.
For hotel at SML and Cingjing, their reception will be very near to the drive way, so same as hotel in other places. But pack a separate bag, to bring to your hotel room, leave the rest in the storage room. Back pack the best, after use, you can flatten in, then put in your luggage. (Back pack also good for flight, can put jacket, power bank etc).

ok lah... exercise a bit... since i think will eat a lot of junk food there...

how to estimate the tip?

yah... already gave instructions to my travel group to prepare a small haversack or bag for those 1night stay...

KingOfSbw

Master Member
Reaction score
Same here la as in i am the only middle age men
The other is elder
The other is 1yr+
My mini bus driver is a strong uncle so he helped alot on the luggages i jus assist haha
When at CJ, the mingsu send a truck over to the carpark to fetch us
The rest stop in front of the hotel except taipei, stop at the alley and we walked about 2min to reach the hotel lo bby

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

how to estimate the tip?

yah... already gave instructions to my travel group to prepare a small haversack or bag for those 1night stay...

I think few hundreds ntd will do. If you do SML and Cinjing continuing then need bag for 2 nights.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm... yah i think put in hotel luggage room better...

from what i know... my hotels at SML and Cingjing dun have lifts... the rest should be no problem...

Only this two places should be quite okay.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Then you jio more family members join lor.
6 large luggages, i do not think the driver will 见死不救

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

how to estimate the tip?

Remember to ask your fella travelers to tip you too!:s13:

warboy85

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nw taoyuan depature use e gate? mine dun have depature stamp, only got arrival.

any issue when u go taiwan again?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.