Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 9

Like Tree108Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2019, 01:11 PM   #1186
Arch-Supremacy Member

My booking is a midnight flight

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI 5A using GAGT
You don't have much to worry if you are checking in tonight.

By the time you arrive in Taoyuan tomorrow morning, Lekima would be in the Philippines sea.
Old 09-08-2019, 01:59 PM   #1187
Master Member

Cancelled means not rescheduled , have to re-book by ourselves?
Depending on what is your Airline arrangement. Like CI cancelled and ask passenger opt for refund nia
ApeTruelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 12:15 AM   #1188

For me i would try to plan it as below.
But not sure is it better anot..
lols

Day 1 - Taoyuan (late afternoon), stay at Taichung

Day 2 - Head to Green Green Grassland (see sheep, step on their poo; what else to do there?), stay for a night CingJing

Day 3 -farm tour (strawberry??) (Miaoli), Flying Cow (Miaoli), stay at Leofoo Resort

Day 4 - Head to Leofoo Theme Park, HSR from HsinChu to taipei, stay at taipei

Day 5 - Back to Taipei (Jiufen, Shifen), stay at Taipei

Day 6 - Taipei (nothing yet, any suggestion?)

Day 7 - Taipei (nothing yet, any suggestion?)

Day 8 - Taipei (final shopping/sight seeing, etc) > Taoyuan (around noon) > Back home

My opinion:
Day 1 - Taoyuan (late afternoon), stay in Taoyuan
Day 2 - Head to Leofoo Theme Park, stay at Leofoo Resort or stay a night in Flying Cow
Day 3 - after flying cow stay a night in cingjing
Day 4 - Green Green Grassland, skywalk etc. evening stay in Taichung
Day 5 - late afternoon take HSR from Taichung to Taipei.
Day 6 - Taipei free
Day 7 - Jiufen, Shifen
Day 8 - back home

Thank you both for this!

Just to share - we spoke with a driver and he does not seem keen with Cingjing, especially staying a night at Cingjing. He seems to suggest that it is rather costly to stay at Cingjing; traffic can be heavy; not much night activity (unlike Taichung); temperature will get cold at night (10+ degree C) which might be a problem for my little one (3 yo).

Also for the strawberry farm visit, he also told us it is the beginning of the season and the strawberry fruit might not be fully grown/ready for picking. In another words, we might be disappointed with the strawberry farm visit. (BTW, we will be in TW during the first weekend of Dec 2019). Maybe we'll switch to Xinfeng farm? I read that the fruit season is ending in Dec, not sure if there are any left for us then...

This is the revised draft plan, with some input from the driver:

Day 1 - Taoyuan (late afternoon), stay at XMD
Day 2 - Head to Leofoo Theme Park, stay at Taichung
Day 3 - Xinfeng farm / Lavender cottage / Puli town (paper mill, 18 c chocolate), stay at Lu-Shan
Day 4 - Head to Green Green Grassland, skywalk etc, head back to XMD (after lunch)
Day 5 - Jiufen, Shifen
Day 6 - Taipei free
Day 7 - Taipei free
Day 8 - Go home
zznais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 04:27 AM   #1189
Master Member

If is just a 6D5N, is it logical to plan itinerary out of taipei ? I mean to visit places out of taipei and back to Taipei..or just stay in taipei alone?
dangerdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 07:59 AM   #1190
High Supremacy Member

If is just a 6D5N, is it logical to plan itinerary out of taipei ? I mean to visit places out of taipei and back to Taipei..or just stay in taipei alone?
Well depends on budget.
A day trip out to yilan, luodong, taichung or hsinchu is possible too without burning a hole in the pocket.
Do you knw that jiufen and shifen is already considered out of Taipei city?
Andrew833 likes this.
calkel20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 08:00 AM   #1191
High Supremacy Member

Thank you both for this!

Just to share - we spoke with a driver and he does not seem keen with Cingjing, especially staying a night at Cingjing. He seems to suggest that it is rather costly to stay at Cingjing; traffic can be heavy; not much night activity (unlike Taichung); temperature will get cold at night (10+ degree C) which might be a problem for my little one (3 yo).

Also for the strawberry farm visit, he also told us it is the beginning of the season and the strawberry fruit might not be fully grown/ready for picking. In another words, we might be disappointed with the strawberry farm visit. (BTW, we will be in TW during the first weekend of Dec 2019). Maybe we'll switch to Xinfeng farm? I read that the fruit season is ending in Dec, not sure if there are any left for us then...

Day 3 - Xinfeng farm / Lavender cottage / Puli town (paper mill, 18 c chocolate), stay at Lu-Shan
Day 4 - Head to Green Green Grassland, skywalk etc, head back to XMD (after lunch)
Day 5 - Jiufen, Shifen
Day 6 - Taipei free
Day 7 - Taipei free
Day 8 - Go home
Day 3 stay cingjing ba.
Morning still can go watch sunrise on Day 4 if weather is good.
Beginning of Dec is rather good weather.
Not to worry too much on that.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:21 AM   #1192
Supremacy Member

Thank you both for this!

Day 5 - Jiufen, Shifen
Day 6 - Taipei free
Day 7 - Taipei free
Day 8 - Go home
What the driver say is for his advantage, cos staying a night in cingjing is expensive for him. Fruit farm, you can call or email them. I wanted to go Neihu (Taipei) strawberry farm, call up, owner said he is going out so will be close. Taichung, my book taxi driver try to contact a farm for us to go also not available. So it's not a confirm thing.

Your plan look ok to me. I will not stay in Lu-Shan, prefer cingjing.

Last edited by Andrew833; 10-08-2019 at 09:23 AM..
Andrew833 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 12:17 PM   #1193
High Supremacy Member

What the driver say is for his advantage, cos staying a night in cingjing is expensive for him. Fruit farm, you can call or email them. I wanted to go Neihu (Taipei) strawberry farm, call up, owner said he is going out so will be close. Taichung, my book taxi driver try to contact a farm for us to go also not available. So it's not a confirm thing.

Your plan look ok to me. I will not stay in Lu-Shan, prefer cingjing.
I WIll say hehuanshan.
Damn shiok!
Old 10-08-2019, 12:44 PM   #1194
Supremacy Member

I WIll say hehuanshan.
Damn shiok!
I know I know, next time bah
Andrew833 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 01:22 PM   #1195

I have just made Jetstar booking on 8 days trip to Taiwan in end Nov to early Dec. Will touch down at Toayuan airport. Initially wanted to book Scoot to fly to Kaohsiung, but the air ticket is too exp.

This will be my 2nd time touring Taiwan with my family, I would like to cover Alishan and Taroko park during the 1st 5 days, and the last 3 days stay at Taipei. Any suggestions?

During my 1st trip, I have covered sun moon lake, jiu feng, shi fen and yilan, will not be repeating these places.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by BTSonic; 10-08-2019 at 01:27 PM..
BTSonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 01:26 PM   #1196

Initially plan to go straight to Alishan fr Toayuan airport, but after some research on the internet, the route that goes to Alishan fr Taoyuan involve a lot of changing trains and/or buses. I have 2 elderly in my group, and with all the luggages, i guess it is not very feasible. Should i stay 1 night in Taipei first then travel out to Alishan the following day? Or shld i engage a driver to bring the group up to Alishan immediately after we reach taoyuan airport?

My group has 9 pple, include kids and elderly.
Old 10-08-2019, 01:43 PM   #1197
High Supremacy Member

Initially plan to go straight to Alishan fr Toayuan airport, but after some research on the internet, the route that goes to Alishan fr Taoyuan involve a lot of changing trains and/or buses. I have 2 elderly in my group, and with all the luggages, i guess it is not very feasible. Should i stay 1 night in Taipei first then travel out to Alishan the following day? Or shld i engage a driver to bring the group up to Alishan immediately after we reach taoyuan airport?

My group has 9 pple, include kids and elderly.
9 can book a bus liao.
What time do you arrive?
Old 10-08-2019, 01:46 PM   #1198
High Supremacy Member

I have just made Jetstar booking on 8 days trip to Taiwan in end Nov to early Dec. Will touch down at Toayuan airport. Initially wanted to book Scoot to fly to Kaohsiung, but the air ticket is too exp.

This will be my 2nd time touring Taiwan with my family, I would like to cover Alishan and Taroko park during the 1st 5 days, and the last 3 days stay at Taipei. Any suggestions?

During my 1st trip, I have covered sun moon lake, jiu feng, shi fen and yilan, will not be repeating these places.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.
FRom alishan to taroko is a ling way, still need to go to sun moon lake.
BTSonic likes this.
Old 10-08-2019, 01:54 PM   #1199

FRom alishan to taroko is a ling way, still need to go to sun moon lake.
Visited Sun Moon Lake 2 yrs ago, any other interesting places in between that i can visit?

I read somewhere in the forum b4 that at taoyuan there r some private tour tt we can sign up, anyone know anything abt this? I dont mind signing up a 5 days private tour that can bring my grp to Alishan and Taroko and some other places then back to Taipei. Anyone know whether any website that offer such private tour? Thanks.
Old 10-08-2019, 02:07 PM   #1200
High Supremacy Member

Visited Sun Moon Lake 2 yrs ago, any other interesting places in between that i can visit?

I read somewhere in the forum b4 that at taoyuan there r some private tour tt we can sign up, anyone know anything abt this? I dont mind signing up a 5 days private tour that can bring my grp to Alishan and Taroko and some other places then back to Taipei. Anyone know whether any website that offer such private tour? Thanks.
Can do.
I think if you can do alishan, then cingjing then taroko then yilan lor.

I recommend THE TAICHUNG DRIVER from fb.
He has a link here as well.

Last edited by calkel20; 10-08-2019 at 02:09 PM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.