HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 9

Like Tree77Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-08-2019, 01:08 PM   #1276
Supremacy Member

Hello! Next month 12-18th sept. If I were to stay in Taipei throughout the trip will it be too boring?
For me, 7 days, I can go many places liao so why stay in Taipei.
Andrew833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 01:10 PM   #1277
Supremacy Member

i stayed there early this year, never eat their free stuff. haha... tea egg comes out and gone quickly.
You have to know the timing I come out my room, take 2 egg and a few snack, slowly eat inside my room.
Old 14-08-2019, 04:43 PM   #1278
Arch-Supremacy Member

For me, 7 days, I can go many places liao so why stay in Taipei.
True. But i hate to carry luggage and change hotel every 2-3 days. maybe can do day trips to other places outside taipei

Actually it is possible to day trips to kinmen or penghu islands. just take first flight out of songshan airport and last flight back.
figo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 05:39 PM   #1279
Master Member

i stayed there early this year, never eat their free stuff. haha... tea egg comes out and gone quickly.
U come out at 10+ issit?
Few occasion i went at 9am still many
Anyway i go for snacks n soft drinks more haa

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT
KingOfSbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 05:46 PM   #1280
Supremacy Member

U come out at 10+ issit?

I think start at 9am.
Old 14-08-2019, 05:47 PM   #1281
Supremacy Member

True. But i hate to carry luggage and change hotel every 2-3 days. maybe can do day trips to other places outside taipei

Actually it is possible to day trips to kinmen or penghu islands. just take first flight out of songshan airport and last flight back.
Possible but very tiring, unless you hire driver then can do day trip to Miaoli, yilan, taichung etc..
Old 14-08-2019, 05:50 PM   #1282

Come, experience Taiwanís most exciting, safe and professional day tour.
Whats So Good About It⁉

Complimentary Transfer
Insurance Coverage
Satisfaction Guaranteed
⏱️ Time 09:00-21:00

Line: easymatch999
WeChat: Easymatch999
WhatsAPP: +886903234201

Taipei, Taiwan
+886 903234201
Jianlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 09:28 PM   #1283
Master Member

Yeah, I agreed w you! Dislike carrying luggage and change hotel every few other days too, super tiring that’s why was thinking of sticking w Taipei thru out. But, someone point out abt doing day trip which was great idea!!

Curioustranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 09:40 PM   #1284
High Supremacy Member

Not possible.
U need a few days to explore the islands.
Old 14-08-2019, 09:43 PM   #1285
High Supremacy Member

Hello!! So kind of you!! Aww thank you thank you so much, Iíve alrdy ss-ed! David is purely based in Taipei or?? How much he charged?
U kid me not...
SS??!?!?
Old 14-08-2019, 09:44 PM   #1286
High Supremacy Member

Yeah, I agreed w you! Dislike carrying luggage and change hotel every few other days too, super tiring thatís why was thinking of sticking w Taipei thru out. But, someone point out abt doing day trip which was great idea!!
Taiwan is well connected by rail system.
So it's generally okay to keep bulk of stuff in taipei, and move out for a day or two with day pack.
Old 15-08-2019, 07:37 AM   #1287
Supremacy Member

U come out at 10+ issit?

for the few days i stayed there, i only tried one morning, around 9+. 1 plate of tea eggs was served and everyone grab. i being civil decided to move on. haha...
twosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2019, 07:46 AM   #1288

What is the price for booking the cab for 1 day trip fro JiuFen? Going there in Oct'19.
For 6 day 5 night trip, any iterinary to share for Taipei Trip especially must go place?
What is the best location to stay in Taipei? I am looking to stay around Xi Meng Ting and hotel such as Via or Just Sleep. Any suggestion on Hotel? PM me. Thanks in advance
What is the price for booking the cab for 1 day trip fro JiuFen?
Here's a taipei driver contact. I feel that he is experienced and good. Andy(阿偉 Ah Wei)
Whatsapp:+886986669990 /Line ID:0986669990

Going there in Oct'19.
For 6 day 5 night trip, any iterinary to share for Taipei Trip especially must go place?

Here are some places that you can go. Because I'm planning my trip to taiwan next year, so these are my KIV places. Maybe you can filter some places out from this list..
Beitou,yeliou,yangmingshan,shilin night market
Jiufen,shifen,hepingdao park,yingyanghai ,keelung night market, xiangshan(taipei101),wufenpu,ximending,maokong,yongkang street,taipei underground shopping,raohe night market ,ningxia night market

What is the best location to stay in Taipei? I am looking to stay around Xi Meng Ting and hotel such as Via or Just Sleep. Any suggestion on Hotel?
For my last trip, I stayed at midtown Richardson. Its is located at a very convenient location. But the lift could be very congested during morning breakfast timing, check in/out timing and at night when everyone is heading back to hotel because they have many rooms.
I saw this hotel online(planning to stay there for my trip next year), taisugar hotel which is also located at the stretch between ximending and taipei station. The price I feel is acceptable too. But I can't promise it's a good hotel or not. It's just a suggestion. The location is not bad because its walking distance to taipei station and ximending is just opposite the hotel.

I hope this could help you in your itinerary planning for your trip!
Enjoy!!!
339IQEUX933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2019, 10:20 AM   #1289

You can try making a reservation for Starbucks at Taipei 101. The minimal charge is NT$200. Time limit is 90 minutes.

Can consider going to Yangmingshan and/or Bali + Danshui. After which, evening can head to the Shilin Night Market. I don't fancy Shilin Night Market. Suggesting this only cos it's in the vicinity.
I would like to ask:

1) for those whom went to Yangmingshan, is doing it by public transport back and forth possible?
firsttimebuyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2019, 10:37 AM   #1290

Thanks for the information.
PALS888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.