HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

6D/5N Taipei and Taichung

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-06-2018, 11:07 AM   #31
Supremacy Member

actually 2 night should be more than enough for taichung if your main objective is to visit attraction site as you can pretty much clear all their famous attraction site within one day if u book a driver. All this places u listed can go on your own as it is within the main city so just cab around can liao so an itinerary of one full day with a driver and another full day of free and easy will be good enough

but if you are mainly going there for the food and shopping then 4 will be good, i normally spend 4D3N there each time.

as for those attraction out of the main city i would recommend the following
-Gaomei wetland
-Xinshe Castle
-Xinshe Hua hai

there are also some which the local driver will recommend but i personally dont really like this places but you can google them and maybe u will like it
-Rainbow Village
-lavender cottage
-carton king
I went to all of them except Gaomei Wetland.

Gaomei Wetland and Lavender Cottage will take up quite a fare bit of time due to long travelling duration to and fro the attractions even with driver as they are located quite far away from Taichung city.
xRenol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2018, 02:40 PM   #32

I intend to take the railway train from taichung to Taipei so have booked Chance Hotel and Kiwi express (free cancellation for both). 1st choice was City Inn but fully booked. Any reviews on these 2 hotels which I've booked?

Won't stay in Fengjia as I seldom buy much clothes in Taiwan. Will buy lots of masks, skincare and cosmetics products though.
i nv stay in these 2 hotels but is close proximity to the railway station. Cityinn taichung is a all rounder. Hope u will enjoy there too.
peanut_pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2018, 03:27 PM   #33
High Supremacy Member

i nv stay in these 2 hotels but is close proximity to the railway station. Cityinn taichung is a all rounder. Hope u will enjoy there too.
I love their breakfast selection.
Service is ichiban.
calkel20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2018, 04:46 PM   #34

I love their breakfast selection.
Service is ichiban.
yes bro!! bery the good!
peanut_pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2018, 05:55 PM   #35

Actually, only you (and your wife?) can answer this question. Nobody here can answer it for you. If I were to answer it, I would say it's too short.

It all depends on what your travel objective is.

Whenever I go to Taiwan, I would plan for 10 nights. My objective is not so much as sight seeing or shopping. I go there light and return light, so I travel on no frills budget airlines. The only thing which might become heavier is me, due to eating a bit more than my usual amounts. Maybe 1/2 kg more, maybe not.

For me, a trip to Taiwan is just a getaway, a time to relax, to soak in a different environment, and eat local...not just the night market snacks but even the "mixed rice" there. No need to rush from place to place....take my own sweet time, jalan here jalan there, as though I were a local.

Oh! I even spent one whole afternoon at an Eslite bookshop reading...
My husband no preference. He is only into food and enjoy the weather. Already paid the tickets so will spend 3D/2N each in taichung and Taipei.
pchltws likes this.
TLCTLC88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2018, 09:42 PM   #36

I'm doing a 3d2n trip to taichung for my upcoming trip. More of 1.5days since I will head to taipei on day 3 morning. Will be staying around Fengjia NM. My plan is first day evening: yizhong street.
Second day: intend to hire a driver for a full day tour around taichung /xinshe area to visit the tourist attractions: rainbow village, miyahara ice cream, lavender cottage, xinshe farms etc. This is my first time in tai chung, and after doing some research, hiring a driver looks like most convenient way to travel. What is the current market rate for a full day tour for 2 pax? Any recommendations are welcome.
sparkle21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 01:23 AM   #37

I'm doing a 3d2n trip to taichung for my upcoming trip. More of 1.5days since I will head to taipei on day 3 morning. Will be staying around Fengjia NM. My plan is first day evening: yizhong street.
Second day: intend to hire a driver for a full day tour around taichung /xinshe area to visit the tourist attractions: rainbow village, miyahara ice cream, lavender cottage, xinshe farms etc. This is my first time in tai chung, and after doing some research, hiring a driver looks like most convenient way to travel. What is the current market rate for a full day tour for 2 pax? Any recommendations are welcome.
I think the rate is about 3500nt for a full day tour. I have hired Simon (+886 986 712 971) before, young chap and very friendly. Helped me alot with my itinerary and clean spacious car. You can contact him via WhatsApp or check out his Facebook page:

facebook.com/taiwan.twee.taxi/
Taeyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 09:01 AM   #38
High Supremacy Member

Usually budget 3.8-4k ntd safe price.
Any other also can.
Or find our inhouse recommendation lor.
His review buey pai.
calkel20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 11:48 AM   #39

you can try this driver, Johnson

https://www.facebook.com/Taichung-Ta...6568744277356/

he is very fluent in eng and his car is clean. he didnt charge me extra when the time over run by any hour. he even brought us to his condo to play the arcade basketball game when one of my friend told him he like to play that lol

So far used his service, once with my uni friend and another time with my parent, all of us had really good review for his service. u can read his facebook review to see for yourself
Stealth_PL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 03:00 PM   #40

Price leh?
pchltws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 09:38 AM   #41

Any good recommendation for Taichung day trip?
Peugeot5353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 09:39 AM   #42

Any good recommendation for hotel in TaiChung?
Peugeot5353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 04:20 AM   #43

Budget? 3 stars abv is quite alright. See feedback.
nwy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 06:41 PM   #44

Talking

Beacon Hotel near Fengjia Night Market
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.