HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Any food recommendation to try in Taipei

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2019, 06:18 PM   #1

Any food recommendation to try in Taipei

We will flying to Taipei in mid Nov.. we are more into makan 美食 instead of sightseeing. Care to intro what the food die die must go try.. appreciate the advise
impact94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 07:23 AM   #2

We will flying to Taipei in mid Nov.. we are more into makan 美食 instead of sightseeing. Care to intro what the food die die must go try.. appreciate the advise
Taipei places to eat:
Roast Beijing Duck (advanced reservation): Taoran Ting Restaurant
Beef Noodle: Lin Dong Fang Beef Noodle
Beef Noodle: Lao Shan Dong Beef Noodle
Unadon (grilled eel rice): Hizenya
Seafood Buffet: Hi-Lai Harbour Seafood Buffet, Dunhua SOGO Store (best deal in town)
Black pepper green onion cake: Raohe night market.
Mango shaved ice : Yong Kang street.
Xiaolongbao: Taipei 101 Din Tai Fung,

All of these restaurants are close to Taipei MRT stations. For private transportation service, you can search this forum, Recommended Cad Driver. Those prefer English-speaking tour guide and drivers Mori can be really helpful. His Whatsapp:+886 931 626577.
goyamata1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 12:13 AM   #3

Taipei places to eat:
Roast Beijing Duck (advanced reservation): Taoran Ting Restaurant
Beef Noodle: Lin Dong Fang Beef Noodle
Beef Noodle: Lao Shan Dong Beef Noodle
Unadon (grilled eel rice): Hizenya
Seafood Buffet: Hi-Lai Harbour Seafood Buffet, Dunhua SOGO Store (best deal in town)
Black pepper green onion cake: Raohe night market.
Mango shaved ice : Yong Kang street.
Xiaolongbao: Taipei 101 Din Tai Fung,

All of these restaurants are close to Taipei MRT stations. For private transportation service, you can search this forum, Recommended Cad Driver. Those prefer English-speaking tour guide and drivers Mori can be really helpful. His Whatsapp:+886 931 626577.
Thanks for the reply.. will go google those names u had mention
Old 12-10-2019, 12:17 AM   #4

By the way, does Hi Lai Habour Seafood buffet need advance booking?
Old 12-10-2019, 07:51 AM   #5

By the way, does Hi Lai Habour Seafood buffet need advance booking?
Weekend and Chinese New Year time are better to make a reservation in advance.
goyamata1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 08:15 AM   #6

yo bro, here are some of my must-go when you are in taipei:

1) MA LA STEAMBOAT HOTPOT (马辣)- one of the best ever i have ever had. good soup, wide selection of meat and ingredients. hagen das freeflow, drinks free flow, even have beer also, got dessert table too i think. sure you eat until food coma. per pax is around 30+ sgd if i don't rmb wrongly. you can google and call in for reservation.

2) Jin Feng (金峰魯肉飯)- braised meat rice. this is where the locals go and its definitely one of the better luroufan i have had. google and you find that alot of ppl have gone before and you can read from there.

Other places I will let you go explore and share here. I personally enjoy the breakfast shops all around taiwan. Those neighbourhoods one are friendly and economical and those abit more uptown in cafes one are very tastefully done up and still not bad. I have come across one or two that still toast their bread over charcoal and they are all sibei good.
heroblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 08:18 AM   #7

Wink

yo bro, here are some of my must-go when you are in taipei:

1) MA LA STEAMBOAT HOTPOT (马辣)- one of the best ever i have ever had. good soup, wide selection of meat and ingredients. hagen das freeflow, drinks free flow, even have beer also, got dessert table too i think. sure you eat until food coma. per pax is around 30+ sgd if i don't rmb wrongly. you can google and call in for reservation.

2) Jin Feng (金峰魯肉飯)- braised meat rice. this is where the locals go and its definitely one of the better luroufan i have had. google and you find that alot of ppl have gone before and you can read from there.

Other places I will let you go explore and share here. I personally enjoy the breakfast shops all around taiwan. Those neighbourhoods one are friendly and economical and those abit more uptown in cafes one are very tastefully done up and still not bad. I have come across one or two that still toast their bread over charcoal and they are all sibei good.
oh and one more thing, if you don't have anything to do at night, you can consider hailing a cab and drive up to yangmingshan. they have alot of cafes that overlook the city. quite the scenery at night. you google this also can find alot of recommendations.
heroblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 10:59 AM   #8

There are many food snacks for you to try at Taipei train station, can buy back as souvenir also. Do check the expiry date before buying from the shops!
b4zabeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 01:26 PM   #9

马辣 buffet is pretty good (advisable to make reservations though) so is Lin dong fang beef noodles

For me, I would skip DTF, it's nothing you can't get in Singapore and not worth the queue
Duncallmebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2019, 10:40 PM   #10

Thanks all for the reply.. I guess i just need to do some homework when come to arrange makan.. I saw someone recommend 上引水產 also.. Now kind of stuck in between the buffet or this 上引水產
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.