HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-06-2005, 07:39 PM   #1486
High Supremacy Member

hey guys ... the following is my plan for my taipei trip nxt coming thurs...

Day 1 (Thurs)
-reach airport at 5.15pm
-leave for rainbow hotel via a vehicle arranged by rainbowhotel
-reach hotel at 7pm(latest)
-leave for shihlin market after administrative work at 730pm

Day 2 (Fri)
-leave hotel at 8am for Yehliu/Keelung
-leave keelung at ard 2pm for danshui
-reach danshui at 4pm and spend the rest of my day there

Day 3 (Sat)
-leave hotel at 830am and head to lungshan temple/CKS Memorial Museum
-leave CKS Museum at 1130am for ding tai feng in guting
-leave guting at ard 1pm for Wufenpu
-leave Wufenpu at ard 5pm for ZhongHsiaoDongLu
-after that OTOT go back Hsimending

Day 4 (Sun)
-leave hotel at 830am for National Palace Museum
-11plus leave for guanghua market/Taipei Mainstation Undergrd Shopping Malls
-late noon till evening return to hsimending to shop

Day 5 (Mon)
-OTOT shopping
-leave for airport at 3pm cos flight is ard 6pm

Isit possible?& oso is there a directy transport from keelung to danshui?My fwens are really
keen on going to keelung on the expense of going to wenquan...

Really need ur help guys...this is e 1st time im going to taipei...
Any comments will be well received!
Thx!
From my personal point of view i think visiting those museum is a waste of time (no offence). Why dun u go Juifen and if possible hualien(toroko)?? and also go beitou to soak their hot spring(not much ppl) in the morning then go dansui
in the afternoon and evening(they are in the same mrt line).. I assure u will go back shilin night market more then one night (must try their mango ice and hao tai che pai).. go ximending once enough liaoz since u stay rainbow

bro if u really want to visit those museum i suggest u take tour packadge better..

Last edited by Nakedtoes; 24-06-2005 at 07:55 PM..
Old 24-06-2005, 07:41 PM   #1487
High Supremacy Member

Personally I think JiuFen is definitely worth gg. I just came back from TW. Jiufen scenary is beautiful & coz it's raining, the weather is great. Very cooling, we spent some time at the teahouse, looking into the sea while waiting for the rain to stop. The food is very nice too!! (But fried rice a bit oily. But seafood soup is yummy~)...but one section of the street stinks smelly toufu (almost suffocated there). If I have the time, I would love to sit there & wait for the night scene (shld b as nice^^) It's one of the places where I will definitely revisit next time!

As for ShiFen, I didnt managed to go there. We followed the directions given by the locals & waited for the bus at the bus stop. But the buses refused to stop & we dont dare to take the taxis. So we climbed our way back to the street. so didnt managed to get to Shi Fen nor the goldmine area. Goldmine area, (based on the locals intro, can see Jap style houses, waterfall, goldmine "musuem").

yeah jiufen is a must go.. many nice food there (BIG FISHBALL, TAIWAN super thin BBQ meat, cheese flavour TAI YAN PIN )... but the teahouse with beutiful senery the drink all very ex.. almost same cost as STARBUCK.. but very nice view lor can play card That time i go i nv go shifen because we have already lugged bags and bags of food stuff liaoz so we go back hotel to put back stuff first.

Last edited by Nakedtoes; 24-06-2005 at 07:44 PM..
Old 24-06-2005, 07:52 PM   #1488
High Supremacy Member

Hi Nakedtoes, can you send the file to me too (hydrui@yahoo.com.sg)?
I just came back from my trip to taiwan (first time there), really regreted for not doing enough homework (walked like hell to find the places) & my friends are not very helpful (they did no homework @ all & one of them have no sense of directions). We were there for 5 days but I really feel that I didnt achieve as much as you guys.....I really hope to have a better trip next time =~~(

Really appreciate your help...Thanks!
Send!!!.. first day i also got lost there.. really blur.. until the last few day me and my friend still lost in taipei.. especially their taipei railway cum mrt station cum linkway shoping.. farking big.. Take note of their mrt line and plan yr travel
Old 24-06-2005, 09:18 PM   #1489

Hey nakedtoes...
Got what ya mean...Going to the 2 museums reason being majority of us r majoring in History : )
Btw...Isit possible for me to stick with the plan on Day 2? Going to keelung then after that return to
Danshui?

Thx!
Old 25-06-2005, 01:14 AM   #1490

I remember finding one direct bus from Keelung to Danshui (coz I was trying to save time, kill Yeliu+JiuFen+Keelung+Danshui). But I can remember where I save the file. Perhaps you can try finding e buses...i'lll try to search my drive...
Hey Hydrui,
manage to find 2 direct buses from Keelung to Danshui. Its called Danshui Bus & Keelung Bus. Yeah i trying to squeeze too... It is advisable?Like maybe u can elaborate on the specific day which ya went to these 4 places?

Anybody who have tried that before can give me feedback too!
Thx!
Old 25-06-2005, 01:45 AM   #1491
Great Supremacy Member

Hey Hydrui,
manage to find 2 direct buses from Keelung to Danshui. Its called Danshui Bus & Keelung Bus. Yeah i trying to squeeze too... It is advisable?Like maybe u can elaborate on the specific day which ya went to these 4 places?

Thx!
i think yeliu + jiufen + keelung for a day is a better plan...

there's a bus from Jiufen to Keelung...takes u abt 40 mins..
rch Keelung in the late afternonn/evening then proceed to their Miao Kou Jie to makan their seafood

Old 25-06-2005, 11:26 AM   #1492

i think yeliu + jiufen + keelung for a day is a better plan...

there's a bus from Jiufen to Keelung...takes u abt 40 mins..
rch Keelung in the late afternonn/evening then proceed to their Miao Kou Jie to makan their seafood

Ok ... Thx! Still have a few questions...

1) Btw if i take the guoguang bus from taipei city hall, does it actually stops at jiufen or keelung or yehliu 1sT? Any recommendations for which of these 3 places to go 1st?

2) Does the MRT Stn provides detail maps of the specific STN i am at?

3) Shldi give zhongsiao donglu/Taipei Main Stn Metro mall a miss?

4) Regarding Wufenpu, i'm kinda confused. Some say it is closed on wkends,some say it is closed on mondays or fridays ... if im going on a sat ... will there be a problem?
Sry for the many questions...
Thx!

Last edited by coldbloood; 25-06-2005 at 01:49 PM..
Old 26-06-2005, 12:10 AM   #1493

yeah jiufen is a must go.. many nice food there (BIG FISHBALL, TAIWAN super thin BBQ meat, cheese flavour TAI YAN PIN )... but the teahouse with beutiful senery the drink all very ex.. almost same cost as STARBUCK.. but very nice view lor can play card That time i go i nv go shifen because we have already lugged bags and bags of food stuff liaoz so we go back hotel to put back stuff first.
Oh my...I must have stamps over my eyes...never see the Tai Yan Pin (I searched high & low...still cnt find, was so worried coz my sis wanted me to bring 3 boxes home...ended up buying from the airport NT300 ea. so ex!!)

If you drink those freshly brewed tea, can refill hot water. 3 of us order "Qi Li Xiang" cost around NT200 (quality tea, so ard S$10.75/3=S$3.60 ea), so not too ex....

Last edited by hydrui; 26-06-2005 at 12:33 AM..
Old 26-06-2005, 12:21 AM   #1494

Send!!!.. first day i also got lost there.. really blur.. until the last few day me and my friend still lost in taipei.. especially their taipei railway cum mrt station cum linkway shoping.. farking big.. Take note of their mrt line and plan yr travel
Thanks alot!!!!

First day there, was raining mad and our hotel is so far frm Ximending Station...3 of us shared 1 umbrella...running around like 3 blind mice....

Ya, compared to Zhongxiao mrt station underground shopping mall, Taipei main station's one is really SUPER big...I think we oni covered Station Front Underground Mall...and part of the newly opened mall....as for the "real" Taipei Main Station Undergrd Mall, we gave up & went to find their book street....

Ya, think safer to go along the mrt line....if lost, still got the tourist info counter around at the major plcs...(heng*) But think next time will still be slightly lost....(coz too many small streets not drawn on the map).
Old 26-06-2005, 12:30 AM   #1495

Hey Hydrui,

Thx!
Paiseh...I didnt managed to go to all 4 places mentioned (oni covered 2). My friends were so worried that we'll be caught in the rain (though we bought umbrellas) so in the end didn't go....

I went to Day2: Jiufen+WuFenPu+Taipei CityHall (Taipei101, Warner, NewYorkNewYork, e mega dept store)+Ximending, Day3: Beitou+Danshui+ShiLin. Day3 is super waste of time. Went to Danshui too early, ended up having to wait for the Lover Bridge to light up...(around 7pm den sky become dark enough)
Old 26-06-2005, 12:57 AM   #1496

1) Btw if i take the guoguang bus from taipei city hall, does it actually stops at jiufen or keelung or yehliu 1sT? Any recommendations for which of these 3 places to go 1st?

4) Regarding Wufenpu, i'm kinda confused. Some say it is closed on wkends,some say it is closed on mondays or fridays ... if im going on a sat ... will there be a problem?
Thx!
1) Not sure about buses...I didnt went to Yeliu before...perhaps gg in the morning is better. At JiuFen, k take a rest at the teahouse/foodstall like the stall tat sells fishball (popular food stall) & enjoy e scenary....den to Keelung.

2) MRT Stn has a detailed map but no available copy....(which is a pity). Perhaps, you can take pix of it or...plan using the detailed map on their website.
http://home.trtc.com.tw/EINFO/eresult.asp?number=bl6
An example of the map available at Taipei's MRT stn. This map is much useful than tourist map....but didn't see hardcopy around...

3) Zhongsiao donglu not much to see. I went there on thurs, not much locals shopping around there....at least not as much as Taipei Main Stn...

4) Wufenpu -- I went there on Fri around 7pm. Dun think Sat is a problem....go after 4.30pm....
Old 26-06-2005, 01:10 AM   #1497
Supremacy Member

Why no typhoon? Around mid june, I already see advertisements preparing the citizens for typhoon season...and the rain there during mid june already flooded quite a no. of places....
some creative pple even drove a speed boat to school!! (saw that pver the news)

Just came back a few hours ago after a 6 day trip..

The flooding is in southern taiwan.

Taipei & the surrounding area were as hot as S'pore with occasional drizzle.
The last 2 days were cloudy so it was cooler.

The typhoon season is coming soon .
Old 26-06-2005, 01:14 AM   #1498
Supremacy Member

Thx!
2) Don't worry.

3) I was at Donglu yesterday morning.Sogo + the usual shops..........
Taipei main station no harm just walk walk lah........

4) I was there on last Monday afternoon.
Old 26-06-2005, 01:55 AM   #1499

Thx guys for the info!
Below is my so called "finalised" itinerary

Taipei Trip 30th June 2005 – 4th July 2005

Day 1 Thurs
1710 Reached CKS Airport
1800 Leave for Rainbow Hotel
1900 Reached Hotel. Check-in, unload luggage.
1945 Leave hotel for Shihlin Market
2015 Reached Shilin night market & have dinner cum supper.
2300 Nightlife

Day 2 Fri

0800 Leave for Yehliu/Jiufen/Keelung => Spend the whole day there
(Which place shld i go 1st? Any recommended sequence?isit better to go
Yehliu-Jiufen-Keelung or Jiufen-Yehliu-Keelung or perhaps give Yehliu a miss?)
2100 Leave for Taipei

Day 3 Sat

0800 Breakfast
0900 Leave for Longshan Temple
0930 Reach Longshan Temple
1015 Leave for CKS Memorial Hall
1045 Reached CKS Memorial Hall
1130 Leave for lunch at Guting (Ting Tai Feng)
1300 Leave for Taipei City Hall
1345 Reach Taipei City Hall
1600 Leave for Wufenpu
1630 Reach Wufenpu
1930 Head back to Hsimending

Day 4 Sun

0800 Breakfast
0900 Leave for National Palace Museum
1000 Reach National Palace Museum
1200 Leave for Taipei Main STN Metro Mall
1300 Reach Taipei Main STN Metro Mall
1600 Leave for Danshui
1700 Reached Danshui & have dinner cum supper there.

Day 5 Mon (last day)

0900 Breakfast cum OTOT shopping
1130 Hotel check-out
1230 OTOT shopping
1500 Head back to CKS Airport

Any comments?Kinda make some changes after some feedback from the bros here...
Anyday which is too rush or perhaps too much time allocated for one particular event?
Actually the main issue is the Keelung part...Im still unclear which sequence shld i stick to.
Taking a train there would be better?Or a bus?

Thx!Really wanna make full use of the 5days i had...

Last edited by coldbloood; 26-06-2005 at 02:04 AM..
Old 26-06-2005, 10:49 AM   #1500
Great Supremacy Member

Thx!
sorry for late reply...

1) IIRC, there's a ke yun from taipei to jiufen and guo guang ke yun from taipei to keelung. (I took the guo guang ke yun from keelung back to taipei) Yeliu not sure tho as i originally wanted to go but ended up can't aqueeze time in. So i went to jiufen then to keelung.. If u really want to go to yeliu..maybe go taipei manin station counter to ask first b4 proceeding to jufen. Can try to ask hotel too..Keelung is in btw Yeliu and Jiufen

2) Unfortunately no, but they have big map of places near the specific MRT station pasted on the wall of the station. Look at it when rch station.
Alt, look at http://home.trtc.com.tw/EHOME/default.asp

3) Can go walk walk see see lor...

4) I went there ard on a monday 5pm...its open..maybe go late afternoons...
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.