HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-05-2010, 05:02 PM   #15616

main station is taipei main station...
den go over to the bus interchange wic is opp the railway station building n take bus back to airport
most of the bus like hohsin,aloha,kuokuang,freego all will go airport...just take any1 will do
there r directions/map leading u to the bus interchange
diff bus got diff fares n diff time taken to reach airport...so depend on wic 1 u want
bro how long will the take to reach the airport ah?
Old 23-05-2010, 03:38 AM   #15617

I have planed up a day trip to yehliu, jiu fen etc. with the help from fellow podders but have added in some other places to visit. Would really appreciate any comments about the route I have planned!!

And also can someone advise whether that is too many places to visit in one day??

and lastly, do I need to book the train tix in advanced? or I can get it on the stop on that day?

Sorry for asking so many qns!! thanks thanks

Taipei > Yeliu > Keelung > jiu fen >Rueifang Station > Shifen Station > Shifen Waterfalls > Shifen Station > Rueifang Station > Taipei

Taipei > Yeliu
Take Guo Kuang bus from the Taipei Intercity Bus Terminal. Alight at Yehliu stop near the road T-junction. Walk into the side road for about 15 to 20 mins.

Yeliu > Keelung
From Yehliu, walk to where you earlier alighted and cross the road to the bus stop outside the convenience store. Take a Keelung or Tamsui bus heading to “Keelung”. Alight at terminal stop -- Keelung bus station

Keelung > jiu fen
From the staggered bus stop in front of Keelung Railway Station board a Keelung bus to Jiufen.

jiu fen >Rueifang Station
From Jiufen, take a Keelung or Jinguashih bus to Rueifang Train Station stop. At Rueifang train station, take a local (DRC) train on the Pingsi branch line for Shifen Station.

Shifen Station > Shifen Waterfalls
From Shifen Station, walk about 25 mins to 30 mins towards Dahua Station following the railway track line passing through Shifen old street, a restaurant building and cross a suspension bridge to reach Shifen waterfalls.

Shifen Station > Rueifang Station > Taipei
To return, walk back to Shifen Station, take local (DRC) trains to Rueifang Station and transfer trains heading to Taipei Main Station
Old 23-05-2010, 08:24 AM   #15618
Arch-Supremacy Member

bro how long will the take to reach the airport ah?
abt 30hr to45min should reach
if u scared,leave earlier n relax at the airport
Old 23-05-2010, 08:26 AM   #15619
Arch-Supremacy Member

I have planed up a day trip to yehliu, jiu fen etc. with the help from fellow podders but have added in some other places to visit. Would really appreciate any comments about the route I have planned!!

And also can someone advise whether that is too many places to visit in one day??

and lastly, do I need to book the train tix in advanced? or I can get it on the stop on that day?

Sorry for asking so many qns!! thanks thanks

Taipei > Yeliu > Keelung > jiu fen >Rueifang Station > Shifen Station > Shifen Waterfalls > Shifen Station > Rueifang Station > Taipei

Taipei > Yeliu
Take Guo Kuang bus from the Taipei Intercity Bus Terminal. Alight at Yehliu stop near the road T-junction. Walk into the side road for about 15 to 20 mins.

Yeliu > Keelung
From Yehliu, walk to where you earlier alighted and cross the road to the bus stop outside the convenience store. Take a Keelung or Tamsui bus heading to “Keelung”. Alight at terminal stop -- Keelung bus station

Keelung > jiu fen
From the staggered bus stop in front of Keelung Railway Station board a Keelung bus to Jiufen.

From Jiufen, take a Keelung or Jinguashih bus to Rueifang Train Station stop. At Rueifang train station, take a local (DRC) train on the Pingsi branch line for Shifen Station.

From Shifen Station, walk about 25 mins to 30 mins towards Dahua Station following the railway track line passing through Shifen old street, a restaurant building and cross a suspension bridge to reach Shifen waterfalls.

To return, walk back to Shifen Station, take local (DRC) trains to Rueifang Station and transfer trains heading to Taipei Main Station
ok la,can b done in 1 day,tic can b pruchase on the day itself
Old 23-05-2010, 03:19 PM   #15620

hi guys. Need help on my tw trip. I will have 6 and a half days in taipei.
Will be going to danshui,wufenpu, their orchard area is it 中孝敦化,shilin night market.

Other than these few places, where else do you think i can go to ? any suggestions?
Old 23-05-2010, 06:25 PM   #15621
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi guys. Need help on my tw trip. I will have 6 and a half days in taipei.
Will be going to danshui,wufenpu, their orchard area is it 中孝敦化,shilin night market.

Other than these few places, where else do you think i can go to ? any suggestions?
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/sh....php?t=2649017
Old 23-05-2010, 10:12 PM   #15622

Hows the weather in Taiwan in Nov-Dec?

Got short sleeve shirts? or all long sleeves?
Old 23-05-2010, 10:23 PM   #15623

sidetrack abit, from taipei i understand can hire Mr Lu to bring us to Hualien and tai ru ge after i train to Hualien. May i know do we need to spend alot on such a day trip? or mostly is scenery. Need any entrance fees etc?
Old 23-05-2010, 10:29 PM   #15624
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hows the weather in Taiwan in Nov-Dec?

Got short sleeve shirts? or all long sleeves?
cool to cold weather
mostly long sleeves n winter clothes..summer clothes go to find
Old 23-05-2010, 10:34 PM   #15625
Arch-Supremacy Member

sidetrack abit, from taipei i understand can hire Mr Lu to bring us to Hualien and tai ru ge after i train to Hualien. May i know do we need to spend alot on such a day trip? or mostly is scenery. Need any entrance fees etc?
no entrance fees...
there r mani attraction place within taroko...
depend on how much time u wanna spend on 1 location
but to stroll n drag abit...taroko usually can b finish ard 3/4 day or 1 day
there r many trails so,if u wan to walk,the time spend will b longer
if u just alight n take some pics,den shorter time is needed
accordingly to the minsu (i stay),the boss told mi some trail can take up to 2-3hr..to n fro...this mean one trail only
there r at least 2-3 trail in taroko
Old 23-05-2010, 11:28 PM   #15626

Thanks fireworks! will consider going over for a day trip and return to taipei after that.
Old 25-05-2010, 12:17 AM   #15627

Rueifang Station

Shifen Station > Rueifang Station >
This section - get the train schedule correctly,or, you might have to wait around if you miss the connection.
If you get to Shifen too late, you might not get to the Waterfall to see anything.
I'd do Taipei by bus>Yeliou by bus>Keelung by train to >Rueifang by train to >Shifen by train to >Rueifang by bus to >Jioufen by bus to >Taipei.
Old 25-05-2010, 12:28 AM   #15628

its at neihu area
have to change a train at zhong xiao station to get here
wahlau any cheaper alternatives to get to taoyuan airport ah?
Hi
What time your flight,Are you carrying big luggage?? You staying in City Lake Hotel??
Take the MRT Direct to Domestic Songshan Airport Stop. From there Take KuoKuang bus to TTIA- No Worries.
If you are coming into Taipei from TTIA-Take Kuokuang bus to Songshan Airport stop and MRT to Hotel-Very economical.

Are you coming in for a Trade show-Computex next week??
Or
Are you already back in S'pore?

Last edited by nuttyazn; 25-05-2010 at 12:36 AM..
Old 25-05-2010, 07:43 AM   #15629

Taipei > Yeliu

Yeliu > Keelung

Keelung > jiu fen

I would like to ask if after jiu fen i wan to go to pingxi to light sky lantern is it the same route? which station should i drop off?
Old 25-05-2010, 07:45 AM   #15630

Any good recommendation for hot spring near to xin bei tou mrt station?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.