HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2010, 09:50 AM   #15766
Arch-Supremacy Member

I need some recommendation in hua lien for sight seeing.

13th July reach hua lien ard 5pm <-- plan to rest in hotel then at night eat n go market,.. any night market in hua lien?

14th July will be touring hua lien from morning to ard 3pm. before heading back to taipei... any recommendation for sight seeing?

Thks
Old 07-07-2010, 09:57 AM   #15767
Arch-Supremacy Member

I need some recommendation in hua lien for sight seeing.

13th July reach hua lien ard 5pm <-- plan to rest in hotel then at night eat n go market,.. any night market in hua lien?

14th July will be touring hua lien from morning to ard 3pm. before heading back to taipei... any recommendation for sight seeing?

Thks
u wont haf enough time for touring taroko unless u not going
short timing tour can go 7 stars lake or clear water cliff
hualien only got 1 nan bin night market(can play fireworks)
Old 07-07-2010, 11:02 AM   #15768

Hi guys, A newbie in Taiwan and i'm in the process of planning my first trip for 2 during this nov or dec (dates not settled yet but its a 9 days trip) and thanks to firework's 'cheatsheet' I managed to plan a draft itinerary but I still need some advice.

basically the tour process is like this

Taipei > Alishan > Sun Moon Lake > Hualien > Taipei

I got a few questions here,

1) Alishan forest railway stopped operating right? so if need to go must take the chiayi bus. But I dont see any bus to alishan one leh..i check my bus from here
http://wwm.cibus.com.tw/modules/tiny...php?id=4#place

2) What is the best way to travel from alishan to sml? I was thinking detouring all the way back to Chiayi HSR then take HSR to Taichung den take the bus to SML. Am I right?

3) Is it worth spending a night at SML? I planned to go straight down to the Hualien minsu (forgot the name, but the one they say can see sunrise from the room de) after SML. Is it too tiring and xiong?

4) Who is the best cabbie/tour guide to book for the Taroko Gorge, hopefully a comprehensive and complete tour of the place? And how long in advance I must call and book? First time in Taiwan so dont know the roads, cannot drive and me is dunno how to cycle

5) Why monday cannot visit WuFenPu? I read it in firework's guide but nvr explain y..i curious

Thank you for reading guys and looking forward to the replies
Old 07-07-2010, 11:11 AM   #15769

@geniver82 - Mondays-The people at WFP stock up their buyers for the rest of the week so the are busy to attend to solo buyers.

Bus to Alishan: http://210.241.117.131/younker_new/t...traffic_en.htm
There are plenty of private buses that pick up from outside the station. They are pretty good as they make a few scenic stops along the way (Not available with Govt - city Bus)

@myben5 and whoever is in Taipei now: drink a lot of water my friends, it is a scorching week.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:16 AM   #15770
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi guys, A newbie in Taiwan and i'm in the process of planning my first trip for 2 during this nov or dec (dates not settled yet but its a 9 days trip) and thanks to firework's 'cheatsheet' I managed to plan a draft itinerary but I still need some advice.

basically the tour process is like this

Taipei > Alishan > Sun Moon Lake > Hualien > Taipei

I got a few questions here,

1) Alishan forest railway stopped operating right? so if need to go must take the chiayi bus. But I dont see any bus to alishan one leh..i check my bus from here
http://wwm.cibus.com.tw/modules/tiny...php?id=4#place

2) What is the best way to travel from alishan to sml? I was thinking detouring all the way back to Chiayi HSR then take HSR to Taichung den take the bus to SML. Am I right?

3) Is it worth spending a night at SML? I planned to go straight down to the Hualien minsu (forgot the name, but the one they say can see sunrise from the room de) after SML. Is it too tiring and xiong?

4) Who is the best cabbie/tour guide to book for the Taroko Gorge, hopefully a comprehensive and complete tour of the place? And how long in advance I must call and book? First time in Taiwan so dont know the roads, cannot drive and me is dunno how to cycle

5) Why monday cannot visit WuFenPu? I read it in firework's guide but nvr explain y..i curious

Thank you for reading guys and looking forward to the replies
1)there is a alishan line wic took u from chaiyi to alishan
2)since u r goin SML after alishan,from chaiyi take train to nantou den from nantou take SML line to SML
3)if u wan to go hualien from SML(impossible,no cab will bring u there)
the best way is to go cingjing (1night) den from cingjing go hualien
there r cab from cingjing to hualien
4)i got write monday cant go wufenpu meh?i oso forget liao
monday is more for those traders to sell goods,hence the shop owners might not b able to enterain u..usually is not tat advisable to go..nut still can go
Old 07-07-2010, 11:37 AM   #15771

Thanks nuttyazn and firework for the quick reply..

so i can still take the alishan forest train right?

den how about Taroko? Contact Mr Looi issit? If he not free I still can look for who?
Finding a transport for Taroko abit headache
Old 07-07-2010, 11:51 AM   #15772
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks nuttyazn and firework for the quick reply..

so i can still take the alishan forest train right?

den how about Taroko? Contact Mr Looi issit? If he not free I still can look for who?
Finding a transport for Taroko abit headache
can n cannot
forest train only alishan to SheMu to zhushan station is working
forthis part,u can take
from chaiyi to alishan..can only take coach up or u drive ur way up or u ask the hotel/minsu ppl come down chaiyi n fetch u
look for lang tao sha minsu..... www.hl-sea
they do taroko guide oso
Old 07-07-2010, 01:26 PM   #15773

Thanks..hmm cannot go hualien directly from SML den how about the other way round? Any transport from hualien to SML?

sorry for noobness..really nvr plan for a trip before, somemore first time go taiwan, pls bear with me.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:08 PM   #15774
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks..hmm cannot go hualien directly from SML den how about the other way round? Any transport from hualien to SML?

sorry for noobness..really nvr plan for a trip before, somemore first time go taiwan, pls bear with me.
no way....still the same....got to stay overnight at cingjing
the distance from SML to hualien is too far liao
no cab will drive thru wan unless u drive ur own
usually ppl stay over night at cingjing
cos cingjing is the so-call mid point in between them
so cab will bring u to cingjing only
from cingjing,u got to take another cab
Old 07-07-2010, 02:26 PM   #15775

no way....still the same....got to stay overnight at cingjing
the distance from SML to hualien is too far liao
no cab will drive thru wan unless u drive ur own
usually ppl stay over night at cingjing
cos cingjing is the so-call mid point in between them
so cab will bring u to cingjing only
from cingjing,u got to take another cab
Ahh I see...hmm den how about I go Hualien den to Alishan. Cuz in Alishan there are homestay that provides tour to Alishan and SML as well.In Alishan maybe stay 3D2N then I can leave for taipei from alishan? Is this a good idea? or too tiring?
Old 07-07-2010, 02:41 PM   #15776
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ahh I see...hmm den how about I go Hualien den to Alishan. Cuz in Alishan there are homestay that provides tour to Alishan and SML as well.In Alishan maybe stay 3D2N then I can leave for taipei from alishan? Is this a good idea? or too tiring?
u mean go hualien den alishan den taipei?
if tat the case,might well u go hualien den taipei den alishan
cos when u take train,u must bypass taipei 1st
unless like as mention earlier,u bk cab go cingjing den from cingjing go alishan
Old 07-07-2010, 02:46 PM   #15777

u mean go hualien den alishan den taipei?
if tat the case,might well u go hualien den taipei den alishan
cos when u take train,u must bypass taipei 1st
unless like as mention earlier,u bk cab go cingjing den from cingjing go alishan
den alishan go back taoyuan? lol..i tot i want to end my last 2 days at taipei. Den maybe I take your advice, stay one night at cingjing. But cingjing got wat to do ah?
Old 07-07-2010, 02:50 PM   #15778
Arch-Supremacy Member

den alishan go back taoyuan? lol..i tot i want to end my last 2 days at taipei. Den maybe I take your advice, stay one night at cingjing. But cingjing got wat to do ah?
cingjing got sheep shearing show,fruit farm...cool weather @ 1500m above sea lvl
Old 07-07-2010, 02:59 PM   #15779

cingjing got sheep shearing show,fruit farm...cool weather @ 1500m above sea lvl
Wah..not bad leh. Okok I will reshuffle my planning. Fireworks thanks alot for your time to answer my questions. Appreciated it!
Old 07-07-2010, 03:20 PM   #15780

By the way 1 more question, how long it takes from sml to chingjing by cab? and roughly how much will the cab fare be?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.