HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2005, 03:43 PM   #1666
Great Supremacy Member

Sorry, I mean Wufenpu. Is Wufenpu open after 4.30pm?
yes...wu fen pu only opens at 4.30pm..
Old 08-07-2005, 03:46 PM   #1667

i agree, HuaXi street nothing...dun waste time..

WuFenPu is wholesale mkt selling clothes...go there after 4.30pm..can have dinner at Rao He night mkt which is nearbt. Take taxi..very cheap nia.
HuaXi night market got nothing to eat meh???

Old 08-07-2005, 03:51 PM   #1668

Ur Saturday will be very rush...Alot of travelling time wasted...Not viable jus to go Keelung for their night market coz the journey is kinda long ... Perhaps ya wanna fine tune this day alittle bit? Btw any particular reason for not keen on Jiufen/Yeliu?[/QUOTE]

What is there to do at Jiufen and Yeliu?[/QUOTE]

This a picture of yeliu which my fwen took...Those from the website is been airbrushed and stuff...What u see in this pic is what u get there...

Basically Yeliu is a scenic area where there are lotsa beautiful rocks..Sry the pic abit e BIG...

Last edited by coldbloood; 08-07-2005 at 04:06 PM..
Old 08-07-2005, 03:56 PM   #1669
Arch-Supremacy Member

Snakes

I don't dare to drink snake blood and 'she dan'.
Old 08-07-2005, 04:00 PM   #1670

Ur Saturday will be very rush...Alot of travelling time wasted...Not viable jus to go Keelung for their night market coz the journey is kinda long ... Perhaps ya wanna fine tune this day alittle bit? Btw any particular reason for not keen on Jiufen/Yeliu?[/QUOTE]

What is there to do at Jiufen and Yeliu?[/QUOTE]

This is the flight of stairs which is part of Jiufen....Jiufen mainly is shop for their local delights and food products ... Eg. Their BBQ EEL,BBQ meat, their Smelly toufu taste good,their pineapple tarts, cheese taiyanping, their different kinds of flavors of mua chee...etc etc etc ... lotsa things to try ... shldnt give a miss
Old 08-07-2005, 04:01 PM   #1671
Great Supremacy Member

I'll be taking the train to Beitou and there's a shuttle bus to Xinbeitou. May go direct to Xinbeitou. Depends on the day itself.

I think my first day (14 July) is kinda wasted. Spending one whole day up north. But it seems like a waste of time to go for hotspring, return to city then to Tamsui. How long will the journey take (by mrt) from Taipei Main Station to Beitou?
go XinBeitou then DamSui direct...
Old 08-07-2005, 04:02 PM   #1672
Great Supremacy Member

its not that nothing to eat but if u wanna better and mire varieties..go Shilin!!
Old 08-07-2005, 04:07 PM   #1673

Another picture of Yeliu taken from my fwen's camera

This is the rock formation which looks like a queen's head... Very famous

Last edited by coldbloood; 08-07-2005 at 04:39 PM..
Old 08-07-2005, 04:11 PM   #1674

I have made slight changes to the itinerary.
How to tell taxi driver I want to go Ding Tai Feng. What's the exact name of the road/place?
Arh the address is in my Itinerary which i emailed you ... Did u receive it?
Old 08-07-2005, 04:18 PM   #1675
Arch-Supremacy Member

Arh the address is in my Itinerary which i emailed you ... Did u receive it?
Yup yup...sorry, I think I saw it. I have to go back and check!
Old 08-07-2005, 04:23 PM   #1676

I'll be taking the train to Beitou and there's a shuttle bus to Xinbeitou. May go direct to Xinbeitou. Depends on the day itself.

I think my first day (14 July) is kinda wasted. Spending one whole day up north. But it seems like a waste of time to go for hotspring, return to city then to Tamsui. How long will the journey take (by mrt) from Taipei Main Station to Beitou?
Depends on the day, walk to Xinbeitou.Out of Beitou Station, go right and walk straight down the main road to the circle, turn left and walk straight up to Xinbeitou. Look at shops along the way. If you take the MRT Blue line from Ximen or Longshan, no need to change train (About 30 mins) to Beitou.

From Tian Mu to Danshui you just take bus 224 to Shipai MRT and then onto Danshui, no need to go Taipei Main Station. Same when you go from Beitou to Tainmu. Get of at Shipai then take a bus - 224. Hey, At the Shipai station, when you exit, right side, across the road is a famous "Chung Yu Pin " Shop (it's got another name, I call it Chung Yu Pin), very tasty, try it.
Are you going to Tian Mu to eat the NiuRo Shien Ping?? Still tastes good.

If you still want to make Keelung, Take a bus opposite Singkong Mitsukoshi , same station to take bus to CKS: http://crazy_azn1.tripod.com/taiwan/id10.html Or go by Train. I was told that there are buses near the Railway station in Keelung - 24 hrs - to Taipei City.
Old 08-07-2005, 04:29 PM   #1677

Ding Tai Fung website:
http://www.dintaifung.com.tw/
Dian Shuei Lou website:
http://www.dslfood.com.tw/

Hey for Changing of the guards, The Martyrs' Shrine:
Built in Ming dynasty style to commemorate those who died in China's wars over the centuries. The formal changing of the guard attracts an interesting crowd of onlookers.
http://www.goamcan.com/photos/dscn5378.html
To get there, MRT to Yuanshan(On the way to Beitou) Exit gate 1, Cross the road diagonally to the Soccer Stadium bus stop and then take - 287,247, 21 and red 2 (More frequent ) to MS. about 5 stops.
Old 08-07-2005, 04:48 PM   #1678

Hey dilp,

Noe ya having a headache now about planning e trip ... haha same here b4 i went taipei... lotsa info and stuff ... confusing rite?well tip is jus keep it simple but fullfilling...since ya have only 5 days...try to keep ur plan within taipei...some places ya may not have e time to go,its ok...its better to have lotsa time and space in btw the trip than squeezing too many places in e trip and everyone gets so tired...ya wun be able to njoy much...try to minimize the time wasted in getting lost thus it is better to have an idea about how to get to the particular places you want b4 leaving for taiwan...though taipei is quite accessible with MTRs and buses everywhere... it is better to be safe than sorry

Last edited by coldbloood; 08-07-2005 at 04:58 PM..
Old 08-07-2005, 05:05 PM   #1679
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hey dilp,

Noe ya having a headache now about planning e trip ... haha same here b4 i went taipei... lotsa info and stuff ... confusing rite?well tip is jus keep it simple but fullfilling...since ya have only 5 days...try to keep ur plan within taipei...some places ya may not have e time to go,its ok...its better to have lotsa time and space in btw the trip than squeezing too many places in e trip and everyone gets so tired...ya wun be able to njoy much...try to minimize the time wasted in getting lost thus it is better to have an idea about how to get to the particular places you want b4 leaving for taiwan...though taipei is quite accessible with MTRs and buses everywhere... it is better to be safe than sorry
No lah, not much of a headache. Getting around is not a problem for me cos I've lived there back in 2000. Just that I want to be able to go to my favourite shopping places
and also have time for my bf to sightseeing (he doesn't really shop much!!!) I don't want to give him a chance to complain that we are spending most of the time shopping! Just hope that I can squeeze in enough time to visit friends, sightseeing and shopping!
Old 08-07-2005, 05:52 PM   #1680
High Supremacy Member

This is my itinerary. Any suggestions?

By the way, go Lungshan Temple is to see see look look only right? I can actually see the temple at night also right? If can, then I will put Lungshan Temple and Huaxi Jie in the night 'segment'.

13 July – Wednesday
1.15pm – Arrives Taipei!!!
2.30pm – Check-in Hotel
3.00pm – Taipei Metro Station + Xin Guang San Yue + Guang Hua + Sung Chiang (will take MRT from Taipei Metro to Zhongxiaoxinsheng)
7.30pm – Dinner with friend at Zhongxiao Dunhua

14 July – Thursday
Wake up by 8.00am
9.30am – Arrive at Beitou
Hot Spring (about 2 hours)
Hot Spring Museum (about ½ an hour)
Walk around Beitou
12.30pm – Depart for Tienmu + Lunch
3.00pm – Take MRT to Danshui
Shopping, walking around, look at Scenary – Lao Jie
Go to Yu Ren Ma Tuo (take bus Red 26)
7.00pm – Watch Lover’s Bridge light up
7.30pm – Depart for Shilin Night Market + Dinner

15 July – Friday
Wake up by 8.45am – Buy unlimited MRT pass
9.00am – Breakfast at Guting (Ding Tai Feng)
10.00am – CKS Memorial Hall – Take Photo
10.45am – Lungshan Temple – Optional
11.15am – Ximending + lunch
3.00pm – Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall – Take Photo
3.20pm – Taipei 101 + New York New York + Warner + Wufenpu + Raohe
7.30pm – Huaxi Jie (look at snakes) – Optional
8.00pm – Shilin Night Market, OR
7.30pm – Ximending until about 10pm then head to Shilin Night Market
8.00pm – Shilin Night Market

16 July – Saturday
Wake up by 7.00am
7.30am – Take MRT to Hsin Dian, take bus from Hsin Dian to Wulai, OR Take bus
from Taipei Railway Station
9.00am – Arrives Wulai for sightseeing
Cable Car + Yunxian Park
12.30pm – Depart Wulai to Taipei
2.00pm – Arrive Taipei Metro + Lunch
3.30pm – Head to Keelung
10.00pm – Return to Taipei (Bus Ticket approximately NTDD45)

17 July – Sunday
9.00am – Breakfast at Taipei Metro + last minute shopping!!!
11.45am – Depart for airport
2.20pm – Flight back to Singapore
why wait until friday then buy mrt pass??
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.