HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2004, 03:01 PM   #166
Arch-Supremacy Member
 
usjag_18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 11,469
Originally posted by catzilla
Oh btw OT a little bit, wanted to buy a digicam, would it be cheaper to buy in taiwan or at the coming comex
Why buy there? What if there's problem with the digital cam? Unless U got international warranty, but from what I noe, only laptops and PCs got such warranty, the others U have to pay a lot of money.

Moreover, why go there when U can get in SG? So odd.


Rgds,
O'
usjag_18 is offline  
Old 09-08-2004, 10:52 PM   #167
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 852
hahah went browsing through some travel guides at kino, found that only taipei and kaosiung have budget hotels, other places (more to the rural side) only have camping grounds (wonder what is that)

Scarely end up seek lodging in a temple!!!
__________________
[SIZE=1]

[/SIZE]
catzilla is offline  
Old 10-08-2004, 04:34 PM   #168
Supremacy Member
 
Coolsmurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Posts: 9,466
Originally posted by catzilla
hahah went browsing through some travel guides at kino, found that only taipei and kaosiung have budget hotels, other places (more to the rural side) only have camping grounds (wonder what is that)

Scarely end up seek lodging in a temple!!!
set up a tent? :laugh:
Coolsmurf is offline  
Old 13-08-2004, 05:20 PM   #169
Master Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 3,045
just came back from taipei on the 12aug....typhoon was coming...(now i think is gone)....plane got delay because of that.........

the wind is horrible ...so strong...anyway the trip was fun....luckily the typhoon was only coming on my last day there.....didnt spoilt my trip at all.
jlpk007 is offline  
Old 13-08-2004, 10:03 PM   #170
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 852
Anybody know of any website that got maps of taiwa, so that I can plan my route for the trip.

Such as from taipei to hualien
or taipei then hsinchu then hualien.
__________________
[SIZE=1]

[/SIZE]
catzilla is offline  
Old 13-08-2004, 10:52 PM   #171
Arch-Supremacy Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 10,814
Originally posted by catzilla
Anybody know of any website that got maps of taiwa, so that I can plan my route for the trip.

Such as from taipei to hualien
or taipei then hsinchu then hualien.
maybe can check this site...

http://www.taiwan-map.com/

but got others too but i lost the links...
__________________
"camcount" freeze, till Dec 2011
lpkor is offline  
Old 13-08-2004, 11:15 PM   #172
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 852
oh read from some website that i need to apply for a visa before going there, is that true???

If true, how should i go about doing it???
__________________
[SIZE=1]

[/SIZE]
catzilla is offline  
Old 14-08-2004, 07:52 AM   #173
Arch-Supremacy Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Posts: 18,550
Originally posted by catzilla
oh read from some website that i need to apply for a visa before going there, is that true???

If true, how should i go about doing it???
No need to apply if less than 14 days.
If more can apply on the spot in taiwan CKS airport. FOC!!

Correct me if i am wrong since policy always change.
History is offline  
Old 14-08-2004, 08:41 AM   #174
Supremacy Member
 
Coolsmurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Posts: 9,466
Originally posted by jlpk007
just came back from taipei on the 12aug....typhoon was coming...(now i think is gone)....plane got delay because of that.........

the wind is horrible ...so strong...anyway the trip was fun....luckily the typhoon was only coming on my last day there.....didnt spoilt my trip at all.
this is fate la, anyway u didnt meet it so lucky...so felt strong winds right?
Coolsmurf is offline  
Old 14-08-2004, 12:19 PM   #175
Arch-Supremacy Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 10,814
Originally posted by Coolsmurf


this is fate la, anyway u didnt meet it so lucky...so felt strong winds right?
haha... like me met the typhoon min do li ...
__________________
"camcount" freeze, till Dec 2011
lpkor is offline  
Old 15-08-2004, 06:36 PM   #176
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 852
anyone know what is the weather is taiwan for the last quarter of the year?

Their weather website states that it is btw 28 - 34.

same as Singapore leh.

wondering is it summer, autum or winter?????
__________________
[SIZE=1]

[/SIZE]
catzilla is offline  
Old 18-08-2004, 11:02 PM   #177
Master Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Posts: 2,986
Originally posted by catzilla
anyone know what is the weather is taiwan for the last quarter of the year?

Their weather website states that it is btw 28 - 34.

same as Singapore leh.

wondering is it summer, autum or winter?????
autum. Temp should be lower than tat lah
__________________
[SIZE=1][/SIZE]
chipmunk is offline  
Old 19-08-2004, 12:47 PM   #178
Supremacy Member
 
Coolsmurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Posts: 9,466
shld be a tad cooler
Coolsmurf is offline  
Old 26-08-2004, 02:06 AM   #179
Member
 
neoaix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 151
now go Taiwan sure kana flood & typhoon... so better avoid now.. Me will be there in Dec... Winter!!!

Was there in May... Summer!!!

Heh...

Hotels are cheap over there... Around S$80 per day... but not those 5 star one lah... those budget ones lor... heh...

I lived at the one near xi men ding.. so i can shop there every day...

Basically Taipei shd be easy cuz their MRT are like Singapore ones...

Tai chung one no mrt... so have to ask around lor.. walk + cab...
but there a bit dangerous... too late better dun go out...
neoaix is offline  
Old 26-08-2004, 12:19 PM   #180
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 324
sickening.... me gg 2 weeks later leh cos oredi bought the air tix

Go there n c how they re-construct Taipei....:confused:
Beyondgal is offline  
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On