HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2005, 01:01 PM   #1816

Hi,

Correct, We have holiday today.. I am busy looking fo Free Receipe Ebooks online. I just posted a few links in the Books section here. I dont mind Typhoon holidays as long as there is Power. Without power, no TV, PC isnotreally holiday

I hope Qinzheng checks with the Airlines on the situation. It has really been pouring all night long. Rain is really heavy with strong gusts of wind!!
hows the weather in taipei now
Old 05-08-2005, 04:03 PM   #1817

Hi
Still raining heavily but it is passing.We are still under the influence of the typhoon. Already 850mm rain in Taipei city but inMiaoli and Hsinchu!!! 1400 mm of rain over 12 hrs.Mumbai with 942mm thought the had a record!! We get this with every typhoon.

Taipei City is okay, not too much flooding as things have been improving every year. No floods inmy area and it used to flood every year.
Qinzheng, have a safe flight.
Old 05-08-2005, 06:07 PM   #1818

thus, is it still convenient for shopping even when the typhoon hits?

are the stalls in the night markets still opened?
Old 05-08-2005, 10:22 PM   #1819
Master Member

Wat can i expect if i am travelling to taipei during the mid autumn festival ? Is there any place I can go to or any events i can participate ??
Old 05-08-2005, 11:00 PM   #1820

thus, is it still convenient for shopping even when the typhoon hits?

are the stalls in the night markets still opened?
Hi,
Well, it depends. During the Last typhoon virtually every shop was closed except the convenience stores.

Today,we went out in the evening and quite a few shops and stores were opened,and at the evenng market half the stalls were there even though it was raining hard. .

Qinzheng would have a nice landing as the rains stopped a couple of hours ago.
Old 06-08-2005, 06:28 PM   #1821
High Supremacy Member

hmm if like that ...

i got a question to ask...

if typhoon is still on... and i think is unless to go there.. will tour agency let me change my location like from tw to hk becos of the weather even flight still can fly but go there also cannot tour.. as u say shop r close
Old 06-08-2005, 06:58 PM   #1822
High Supremacy Member

hmm if like that ...

i got a question to ask...

if typhoon is still on... and i think is unless to go there.. will tour agency let me change my location like from tw to hk becos of the weather even flight still can fly but go there also cannot tour.. as u say shop r close

cute question u have.. why dun u ask yr tour agents haha
Old 07-08-2005, 09:36 AM   #1823

Typhoon has longg one, looks like it was never here.
Qinzheng is in for a good time, Long hot days!!!
Harky, TheTyphoon ,after leaving Taiwan heads for the PRC , many times HK as it's next destination,.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:48 PM   #1824
High Supremacy Member

Typhoon has longg one, looks like it was never here.
Qinzheng is in for a good time, Long hot days!!!
Harky, TheTyphoon ,after leaving Taiwan heads for the PRC , many times HK as it's next destination,.

no more tyhoon liaoz?? cos my friend going on the 19th
Old 07-08-2005, 06:07 PM   #1825

Typhoon gone.Tthe actual effect of the typhoon is 2 days , It lasted 3 days only once that I can remember. Your friend can check again on the 14th to see the weather situation.
Old 07-08-2005, 07:10 PM   #1826
Master Member

wow... my trip is nearing but dunno whether safe to go or not leh.. oh ya, nuttyazn, can recommend me some places to go ? Shopping + Eating + Fun ... No sightseeing haha.. oh ya , going to taipei from 15-19. roughly tell me where to go ? kee lung got beach ?
Old 08-08-2005, 12:00 AM   #1827
High Supremacy Member

Hi thx man...

Btw can someone recomm me a cheap and good the most is SAFE hotel near Xinem or Taipei train station or 101......................... for group around 4 to 5 ppl... thx.

Buget.. lol
Old 08-08-2005, 10:08 AM   #1828
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi thx man...

Btw can someone recomm me a cheap and good the most is SAFE hotel near Xinem or Taipei train station or 101......................... for group around 4 to 5 ppl... thx.

Buget.. lol
how cheap is your cheap?

please note that most hotels in Taipei are in the range of SGD150-SGD250, therefore, SGD80.00 is considered cheap already. But if your cheap is SGD30.00, a hotel can be found. Whether safe or not is another question. It all depends if you want to sacrifice comfort and safety.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:42 AM   #1829

wow... my trip is nearing but dunno whether safe to go or not leh.. oh ya, nuttyazn, can recommend me some places to go ? Shopping + Eating + Fun ... No sightseeing haha.. oh ya , going to taipei from 15-19. roughly tell me where to go ? kee lung got beach ?
Hi,
I am sure, many people especially those that have just returned can give you more accurate info on where to shop and eat now. Me, I still end up in the regular places,Tian Mu, Shihlin, Ximenting, Zhongxiao and Hsinyi area depending on what I want to buy or eat. I dont really go to restaurants as my GF is a Great cook so we are out only for Local snack food ( We even make or own hamburgers)

Keelung has a nice beach Fulong Beach.More about the Fulong area:
http://www.chinapost.com.tw/travel/d...ID=53857&GRP=g
Getting there: Trains travel to and from Taipei and Fulong at the rate of about one every hour.
Old 08-08-2005, 12:01 PM   #1830
High Supremacy Member

how cheap is your cheap?

please note that most hotels in Taipei are in the range of SGD150-SGD250, therefore, SGD80.00 is considered cheap already. But if your cheap is SGD30.00, a hotel can be found. Whether safe or not is another question. It all depends if you want to sacrifice comfort and safety.
Ehh.. below S$100 ? for 2 ppl ..............

range of SGD150-SGD250 is at least 4 stars ba? got 3 stars one Cheap gd and SAFE?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.