HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-08-2005, 09:36 PM   #1921
High Supremacy Member

i also wondering leh. hahha

but i ever tried at new york.. a room for 4 persons.. end up squeezing 6 or 7 ppl i think..
aiya.. i dont want to squeezing la.... sleep also want to save cannot la... must have a good sleep to have a tour..

i m going with 2 girl and one guy so i need a double + single bed room
Old 20-08-2005, 12:38 PM   #1922
Master Member

i also wondering leh. hahha

but i ever tried at new york.. a room for 4 persons.. end up squeezing 6 or 7 ppl i think..
if like dat the chambermaid will bao toh to management if she see so many bags or not ???
Old 20-08-2005, 03:37 PM   #1923
Arch-Supremacy Member

aiya.. i dont want to squeezing la.... sleep also want to save cannot la... must have a good sleep to have a tour..

i m going with 2 girl and one guy so i need a double + single bed room
best is to call the hotel and check if they have rates for 3 person sharing.

the best person to answer all the questions you have is the hotel staff.
Old 20-08-2005, 03:44 PM   #1924
Arch-Supremacy Member

if like dat the chambermaid will bao toh to management if she see so many bags or not ???
actually it depends on which hotel one is staying. if one is staying at the smaller, budget hotel where the lobby life and the reception is next to each other, the reception will be able to see how many people is going up to a room. Of cos, can say the extra person is a visitor....but bear in mind that the hotel staff may go to your room late at nite and knock if they don't see the 'extra' guest leaving the hotel. Moreover, in the bigger hotels, there are closed circuit tvs as well as conceige. Some hotels have 'visting hours' and if by a certain time the guest doesn't leave, they will go up to your room.

Most of the time when one makes a booking, the reservation staff will ask if it's a single or double occupancy. For most bigger chain of hotels, the single and double occupancy rate is the same.
Old 20-08-2005, 06:22 PM   #1925
Master Member

actually it depends on which hotel one is staying. if one is staying at the smaller, budget hotel where the lobby life and the reception is next to each other, the reception will be able to see how many people is going up to a room. Of cos, can say the extra person is a visitor....but bear in mind that the hotel staff may go to your room late at nite and knock if they don't see the 'extra' guest leaving the hotel. Moreover, in the bigger hotels, there are closed circuit tvs as well as conceige. Some hotels have 'visting hours' and if by a certain time the guest doesn't leave, they will go up to your room.

Most of the time when one makes a booking, the reservation staff will ask if it's a single or double occupancy. For most bigger chain of hotels, the single and double occupancy rate is the same.
hm... like dat means cannot hiong ??
Old 20-08-2005, 07:09 PM   #1926
Arch-Supremacy Member

hm... like dat means cannot hiong ??
CAN at your own risk. If anything unpleasant happen and ruin your holiday, you have no one to blame but yourself.
Old 20-08-2005, 07:25 PM   #1927
Great Supremacy Member

she nv come leh but after we left.. she confirm kpkb.. cause we change the whole room setup

we combine 2 * twin bed together.. then move the drawer elsewhere..

budget poor students like that one

the hotel was small ...they confirm know we a lot of ppl one.. but they close one eyes lar.. they know china man poor
Old 21-08-2005, 09:58 PM   #1928

i did this before too!

that time was during a holiday to HK.

it's a room meant for 2 only actually.
and 5 of us managed to squeeze in it and were not chased away by anyone for a full 5 nights!
Old 23-08-2005, 01:18 PM   #1929

Hi brudders,
going on end sept. Will there be any typhoon?
And does rainbow or one star has bathtub? How about the location of one star? issit very near to Ximenting station?
Old 23-08-2005, 08:37 PM   #1930
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi brudders,
going on end sept. Will there be any typhoon?
And does rainbow or one star has bathtub? How about the location of one star? issit very near to Ximenting station?
Both Rainbow and One Star has a bathtub. If you do not browse along the way, you can walk to One Star from the Ximenting station within 3 to 5 minutes.

Don't people here read through the thread anymore? Infomation like this has been posted before in this thread. When I was doing my research, I read through every page, and I noted down which page has the info that I want so that I can always refer to it.
Old 24-08-2005, 12:04 AM   #1931

can someone advise me on the kind of travel adaptors which can be used in Taiwan?

i went to the shops to take a look, there are various kinds of adaptors and i'm not sure which is suitable to buy.

i saw the ones with 2 pins.
they have the round headed pins and another one which is more angular.
which one is suitable for use in Taiwan?
Old 24-08-2005, 09:19 AM   #1932

Taiwan Plug is 2 flat pins,like used in the US(Not Round or Angular) 110V
Old 24-08-2005, 10:02 AM   #1933

Dear all,

If anyone know Shan Lin Hotel? I get this budget hotel from WEB site and price they quoted is cheap. About NT1200+ for 2 (without breakfast). They claimed near to Ximenting station also.

Can anyone tell me if this is worth to stay.
Old 24-08-2005, 11:36 AM   #1934
Arch-Supremacy Member

Dear all,

If anyone know Shan Lin Hotel? I get this budget hotel from WEB site and price they quoted is cheap. About NT1200+ for 2 (without breakfast). They claimed near to Ximenting station also.

Can anyone tell me if this is worth to stay.
I went to have a look at the hotel and room at Shan Lin. Not as good as One Star. Decided to stay at One Star instead. If I don't remember wrongly, the rooms in Shan Lin has a huge mirror in front of the bed.....huge as in almost covering the wall!

can show me the link? need to refresh my memory.....
Old 24-08-2005, 11:49 AM   #1935

http://www.sunlinhotel.com.tw/info_01.html

Link as above, their price is cheap (NT1200+) when compare with One Star. Am I right?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.