HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-09-2005, 05:05 PM   #2086
Great Supremacy Member

for long journy one the train got toilets.. so not to worried.. if u bought the ticket to gether they will assign close together.. u
Old 14-09-2005, 05:07 PM   #2087

tks for the adv, wl call the hotel soon.

Have any one try to book the train ticket from the internet? really need help how to book.. becos i wl only reach Taipei 22.00pm, so got no chance to buy the next day train ticket to hualien ... i found the internet http://railway.hinet.net/ for tain ticket booking, but have problem with it, can anyone help ....
Old 14-09-2005, 05:18 PM   #2088

for long journy one the train got toilets.. so not to worried.. if u bought the ticket to gether they will assign close together.. u
thanks, how about from taipei to hualien is it consider long journey?
Old 14-09-2005, 05:42 PM   #2089
Great Supremacy Member

thanks, how about from taipei to hualien is it consider long journey?
journey abt 3 hrs.....
Old 14-09-2005, 05:43 PM   #2090
Great Supremacy Member

tks for the adv, wl call the hotel soon.

Have any one try to book the train ticket from the internet? really need help how to book.. becos i wl only reach Taipei 22.00pm, so got no chance to buy the next day train ticket to hualien ... i found the internet http://railway.hinet.net/ for tain ticket booking, but have problem with it, can anyone help ....
why not try to bk tix for the day after next?
Old 14-09-2005, 05:55 PM   #2091
Great Supremacy Member

found this tour at hualien train station
http://www.taiwantourbus.com.tw/engl...ail.php?uid=61

but the tour starts at 7am, how to reach there so early?

is there any difference between Taroko National Park and Taroko gorge? Which one better?
its the same

go for the half day tour instead...starts at 10am or 11am now.
Old 14-09-2005, 07:22 PM   #2092
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks alot~! Was thinking of this hotel or Rainbow hotel.
go for One Star Hotel. All three hotels in the same area. East Dragon and One Star are just beside each other while Rainbow is in the middle of Ximenting which I find that can be a bit too noisy for my liking when I want to rest early. About 10pm can still hear noise from the 'crowd' in the room.

I went to see the room at East Dragon. So so only but have internet access in their rooms. Not all rooms have internet access. There's internet access in all rooms in One Star. Good for people who bring their laptops.
Old 14-09-2005, 09:08 PM   #2093

if u want 3 ppl....then u have to take the 1000NT per night room....with include 1 single N 1 queen size bed.....

the 800NT cannot add bed...but can sleep on the floor...haha..think they give extra sleeping bags in the room.......
so 800NT room also can 3 ppl share rite~ cos will be heading down to hualian so dun wan bring luggage over to hualian + got 1 nite go chiong till morning so nv sleep in hotel too and maybe 1 more nite sing KTV

was thinking to stay in hostel too since they provide computer to use. anyone stayed in their hostel b4?
Old 15-09-2005, 12:17 AM   #2094
D69

I just booked a tour package from dynasty travel at suntec's natas fair.. going on 24th dec 6 days trip.. covering in order: taipei - hualien - kaoshiung - taichung - taipei... any reccomendations on wat to buy there at that time of the year?

Understand it willbe abit colder then so shopping for clothes not ideal as most will be selling winter wear? So shd i still go to wu fen pu?
Old 15-09-2005, 09:18 AM   #2095

why not try to bk tix for the day after next?
my plan was to cover Hualien first ... than Taipei ..
Old 15-09-2005, 10:18 AM   #2096
Great Supremacy Member

my plan was to cover Hualien first ... than Taipei ..
i presume u will reach Taipei first on Sunday night. Spend Monday to Xin Bei Tou for hot spring then Dam Sui and Yu Ren Ma Tou. You can buy the Hualien tix for Tuesday then u wont worry that u cant get train tix for Hualien liao.

Post ur itenary here.
Old 15-09-2005, 10:20 AM   #2097
Great Supremacy Member

I just booked a tour package from dynasty travel at suntec's natas fair.. going on 24th dec 6 days trip.. covering in order: taipei - hualien - kaoshiung - taichung - taipei... any reccomendations on wat to buy there at that time of the year?

Understand it willbe abit colder then so shopping for clothes not ideal as most will be selling winter wear? So shd i still go to wu fen pu?
tour grp ah?

Worth a trip there lah. Then can go to Rao He night mkt..juz nearby oni.
Old 15-09-2005, 10:23 AM   #2098
Great Supremacy Member

go for One Star Hotel. All three hotels in the same area. East Dragon and One Star are just beside each other while Rainbow is in the middle of Ximenting which I find that can be a bit too noisy for my liking when I want to rest early. About 10pm can still hear noise from the 'crowd' in the room.

I went to see the room at East Dragon. So so only but have internet access in their rooms. Not all rooms have internet access. There's internet access in all rooms in One Star. Good for people who bring their laptops.
din know so many new budget hotels in Xi Men Ding now.

One Star
East Dragon

any tohers?
Old 15-09-2005, 10:48 AM   #2099
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi, read from the past posts that Leofoo village theme park is about an hour plus away from Taipei then how about 八仙海岸 Formosa fun coast? And 劍湖山世界 Janfusun Fancyworld is in Kao shiong? how long will the trip take from Taipei? thanks!

No lag, just flap flap!
Old 15-09-2005, 12:24 PM   #2100
Master Member

Take Gouguang Bus to Taipei Main Station and then a cab (Below NT100) or MRt to Ximen Exit 6 and walk to hotel through the Ximenting Pedestrian area (Pass Rainbow,straight on pass the food shops, cross small road to East Dragon.
Ximen Area Map
Thanks for the info man~!
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.