HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2005, 09:42 PM   #2146
High Supremacy Member

maybe nakedtoes have answer to my query since he had visited hualian b4

can i check wat train did u took to hualian and let see if i book a cab to tour ard taroko and after tat ask him to bring us ard hualian see see look look how much do i need to pay him?

is the fee to taroko separate or already bundled together with the cab tour?

issit possible to stay in hualian till 8 or 9pm den catch their train back to taipei cos i read some last train is ard 5pm?

all this i cannot plan for u... if u are comfotable to wake up at 5am then book 6am train...u can bargain with the cab driver.. if 4 ppls then book whole cab for whole day lor.. tell him to drive u to nite market...
Old 17-09-2005, 11:12 PM   #2147
Great Supremacy Member

we are not able to find the 110v convertor for the 2 flat pin power adaptor, only manage to find the 250v selling at $3.90 at carrfour, behind the packaging it say can use in taiwan, but taiwan use 110v, 250v can use?

found some places selling at $1.80 without any packaging and did not state can use it taiwan, 250v too, too risky to buy?

should i get this $3.90 250v or go and look for the 110v?

110v where to buy?

thanks.
juz place a deposit to hotel to rent the adapter, u will get ur deposit once u returned the adapter to them
Old 18-09-2005, 11:17 AM   #2148

U can take 自強號 @ NT445 or 莒光號 @ NT345. Last train is around 9pm. You can actually check http://train.twtraffic.com.tw/TaiTrain/time_full.html for the train schedule. Last train is 9pm.
thks~ i think i will try to get the 1st train in the morning and return to taipei with the last train!
Old 18-09-2005, 01:19 PM   #2149

Hi Guys and Gals At HWZ

Not too late to Wish all of you:

Happy Zhong Qiu Jie (a Happy Mid-Autumn Festival)
Have a nice day.

Old 18-09-2005, 01:22 PM   #2150

thanks to those who respond.

basically, I have
1) 1 sanyo battery charger (100-240v) 2 flat pin
2) 1 pda (100p240v) 3 flat pin
3) 1 nokia phone 240v charger 3 flat pin

can i say
1) no problem to use
2) voltage no problem, but need to find a 3 pin to 2 pin convertor
3) cannot be use
I just break off the large pin!!! and keep the 2 flat pins. Also easier to buy two pin flat convert to round and vice versa.
Old 18-09-2005, 01:24 PM   #2151

Excellent Pictures Zhoosh, Really good
Old 18-09-2005, 02:09 PM   #2152
High Supremacy Member

Hi Guys and Gals At HWZ

Not too late to Wish all of you:

Happy Zhong Qiu Jie (a Happy Mid-Autumn Festival)
Have a nice day.

thanks bro... Happy Zhong Qiu Jie to U too.. and all the taiwan mei mei out there..
Old 18-09-2005, 02:34 PM   #2153
Arch-Supremacy Member

thks~ i think i will try to get the 1st train in the morning and return to taipei with the last train!
the ticket counter doesn't open until 0730 so you have to get your ticket the day before if you want to take those really early train.

No lag, just flap flap!
Old 18-09-2005, 08:22 PM   #2154

hi peeps!!

i'm back from Taiwan!!

i had a fantastic time there and encountered the mega typhoon!
it didn't deter me from anything, in fact, i'm really amused as i've never experienced a typhoon in my life.
really an eye-opener.

i did lots and lots of shopping and ate like there was no tomorrow!!
Taipei really has a great variety of food!!

i took 300++ pictures.
those of you interested to see my Taiwan pics, feel free to visit my blog.
i even posted pictures of the destruction the typhoon caused
and of course, pics of lots of the delicious food i had.

special thanks to people like nuttyazn, delphinus, nakedtoes who answered my queries and who alwayz never fails to post valuable information regarding Taiwan here

you guys made my trip awesome!!
Old 18-09-2005, 09:27 PM   #2155

jerbelle: ur taiwan trip seems reallly enjoyable. i got excited by juz reading ur blog! next will be my turn to visit taipei from 3rd - 10th oct!! btw how much $$ did u spent altogether cos u seem to try every single thing
Old 18-09-2005, 10:23 PM   #2156
High Supremacy Member

jerbelle : great to hear u enjoy yr trip...u go to the same hot spring resort as me.. looking at yr photos of all those food i still can remember their taste ..start to drool liaoz.. kinda miss taiwan..
Old 18-09-2005, 11:49 PM   #2157

jerbelle: ur taiwan trip seems reallly enjoyable. i got excited by juz reading ur blog! next will be my turn to visit taipei from 3rd - 10th oct!! btw how much $$ did u spent altogether cos u seem to try every single thing
btw 10th oct is their national day
Old 18-09-2005, 11:57 PM   #2158

WOW...what a wealth of information here...
took me a whole 5+ hours with some breaks inbetween to plough thru the full 72 pages and copy stuff I find interesting...

Im in the midst of planning a 4 or 6 day(might not get ticket for this) winter trip to taiwan, either 1stJAN-4thJAN or 30thDEC-4thJan (im transiting thru taipei from korea)

my rough plan includes:
1st day: arrical afternoon///Taipei 101///RaoHe Night Market///Miramar Ferris Wheel///XiMenDing (Il be staying there)
2nd day: Beitou Hot Springs///DanShui///Shilin Night Market
3rd day: Hualian 1 day taroko gorge tour///XiMenDing again?!?
4th day: hoping to go Sun Moon Lake or YangMing Mt. early morning and get back by noon for 1520 flight...is this possible?!?!?

for the above most of the details Ive already gotten liao, except for the location and means of getting to SunMoonLake(via Puli?) and YangMing Mt. so can anyone help with those?

Im actually pretty gian for a minsu stay but with only 3 nights total, staying at a minsu seems kinda wasted for 1 night snice you cant do much there...

if Im able to extend to 6 days, will shops even be opened on new yesrs eve and new years day itself?

if I can extend to 6 days, what other places do u guys recommend? jiufen/jiufen minsu? yeliu? jilong? yangmingshan?

Im actually VERY gian for Alishan but its kinda tight if I squeeze it in right?

can I have some comments from you veterans? tha last time I visited ROC was with the SAF...lol...
Old 19-09-2005, 07:52 AM   #2159

btw 10th oct is their national day
yup i saw it on their calander. too bad im catching a 6pm flight cannot join their celebration
Old 19-09-2005, 10:25 AM   #2160

[QUOTE=darkest_matter]
2nd day: Beitou Hot Springs///DanShui///Shilin Night Market
3rd day: Hualian 1 day taroko gorge tour///XiMenDing again?!?
4th day: hoping to go Sun Moon Lake or YangMing Mt. early morning and get back by noon for 1520 flight...is this possible?!?!?

if Im able to extend to 6 days, will shops even be opened on new yesrs eve and new years day itself?
if I can extend to 6 days, what other places do u guys recommend? jiufen/jiufen minsu? yeliu? jilong? yangmingshan?
Im actually VERY gian for Alishan but its kinda tight if I squeeze it in right?

[QUOTE]
Hi,
Suggest you spend more time in Danshui and do Shihlin another day. I dont think you can eat that much Just look at Jerbelle's excellent Blog report of her trip I too feel like going around again after reading her blog Maybe Next weekend

3rd day, After Hualien Tour, you can try another Night Market : Gongguan NM. Also nice and again a different variety of stuff and food.

4th Day: Yangmingshan would be better as it is in Taipei - Sun Moon Lake is in Taichung so dion a trip to SML and Puli would not get you back in time.

Western NY here no value, all shops open BUT it is celebrated in a larger fashion here with BIG Street parties and all the Stars of Music, TV and Movies show up, going from venue to venue performing . It is a great atmosphere.

If you do extend your stay, Keelung, Yeilou, Jioufen can all be done in One day.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.