Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-09-2004, 09:18 PM   #211

anyway just like to confirm with ppl who went to K.S and Taipei
Is the std of living the same.
cos I went to Taipei, intenet cafe charge me 60 NT per hour
K.S charge me 35 NT for 3 Hrs and 20 NT for a drink (55 NT/ 3 HRs)

Shopping haven't check it out yet.
I also came at the wrong time, Taipei all selling thick clothing for winter, Singapore just cannot wear lah, even if looks very nice ppl tink you siao.

Hopefully K.S still selling summer clothings, tomolo going to Xin Jue Jiang

[/SIZE]
Old 01-10-2004, 08:26 AM   #212
Supremacy Member

Originally posted by catzilla

I also came at the wrong time, Taipei all selling thick clothing for winter, Singapore just cannot wear lah, even if looks very nice ppl tink you siao.

the cost of living is higher in taipei than any other cities in taiwan, so the internet cafe charges is normal...

u have to take note of seasons if u are planning to buy stuff like clothing in taiwan and honkong
Old 03-10-2004, 05:33 AM   #213

any cheap lodging place in taipei??im gonna go there on the 11 oct and coming back on 30th...

the main problem is to save on lodging....

advise how much i would spend during my this trip??

first time travelling...and im going myself there..haha....

can someone pls give me guidance?
Old 03-10-2004, 05:38 AM   #214

hey catzilla..u r alone in taipei now??i will b going there alone too on the 11th of oct..stop over frm san fran...will be staying there till end of oct...

when u leaving??

any tips of being there alone???haha
Old 03-10-2004, 11:11 AM   #215
Arch-Supremacy Member

Originally posted by catzilla

ah... miss k.s....

btw, how's the sentiments over at tw of s'pore?...
Old 10-10-2004, 01:02 PM   #216

Shihlin & HuaXi Night Market Opening Hour

Hi,

I was planning to to Taipei end Nov, free and easy. We will be staying in XiMengTing area. I hope that someone can enlighten me on:

1. what is the business hour of the above night market?

2. do they open every day or only on certain day?

3. what the the speciality that that I should look out in the above night market?

4. Any other tips is well come.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-10-2004, 05:43 PM   #217

Re: Shihlin & HuaXi Night Market Opening Hour

[QUOTE]Originally posted by whitesand
[B]Hi,

I was planning to to Taipei end Nov, free and easy. We will be staying in XiMengTing area. I hope that someone can enlighten me on:

1. what is the business hour of the above night market?

For Shihlin, think it opens from 7 till 11+ or 12.. for Huaxi, think it's abt the same....

2. do they open every day or only on certain day?

they open everyday as they r considered tourist hot spots. But i suggest u go Shihlin on Fridays n weekends cos more happening

3. what the the speciality that that I should look out in the above night market?

pardon me, but i would say huaxi nite market has nothing much to see... juz seafood n stalls selling snakes.. can finished walking within 15 minutes (unless u eat there...)

shihlin is diff.. nice food n lots of shopping can be done there... i went there 4 times during my last trip :bounce:

4. Any other tips is well come.

u staying near ximenting... is it Rainbow hotel or kirin ?

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-10-2004, 07:43 PM   #218

>u staying near ximenting... is it Rainbow hotel or kirin ?

Kirin. You know that place? (This is my first trip to Taipei).
Old 10-10-2004, 11:46 PM   #219
Great Supremacy Member

planning to go in dec, how will the weather be then? will it be cold?

wat's worth to buy back from Taiwan?
Old 17-10-2004, 02:43 PM   #220
Great Supremacy Member

all the links that we posted are lost....

guys, can repost the links fot the tour packages...

thanks!
Old 18-10-2004, 11:45 AM   #221
Supremacy Member

Talking

for those who missed it
Old 18-10-2004, 11:56 AM   #222
Great Supremacy Member

for those who missed it
thanks!!
Old 18-10-2004, 11:57 AM   #223
Great Supremacy Member

my frens gg on a 7-day Taiwan tour package that costs abt $1250 in dec...taking SIA...ex?
Old 18-10-2004, 03:08 PM   #224
Supremacy Member

7-days ?? going many places then worth la. peak period + xpensive airline

best is if got package that bundles a visit to one of the tw variety shows recordings..
Old 18-10-2004, 03:29 PM   #225
Great Supremacy Member

7-days ?? going many places then worth la. peak period + xpensive airline

best is if got package that bundles a visit to one of the tw variety shows recordings..
going many places...think its zou3 ma3 kan4 hua1 lor..very rush..

============================================

Group Tours - Taiwan
7 DAYS BEST OF TAIWAN (Code: TPET)

Highlights
* - value inclusion

Taipei City
• CKS Memorial Hall/ Ximenting/ Ye-Liu Scenic Area / Chiufen “ Sad City” filming site/ Martyr’s Shrine/ National Palace Museum/ 101 World Building *
Hualien
• Aboriginal Cultural Show/ Taroko Gorge/ Sansiantai Scenic Area *
Tamshui
• Tamshui old street Fisherman’s Wharf “Meteor Garden” filming site Cruise along Tamshui water *
Taitung
• Rainbow Resort, Hot Spring *
Kaohsiung
• Fo Kuan Shan Monastery Salt Lake Scenic Area Leo He Night Market *
Taichung
• Sun Moon Lake Wenwu Temple *

Itinerary
DAY 1: SINGAPORE -> TAIPEI : XiMenTing
Assemble at Singapore Changi International Airport for your flight to Taipei - the capital of Taiwan, the Republic of China. After landing at airport, we will proceed on to Ximenting for a fun time of shopping of the latest trends, fashion and get to enjoy some Taiwanese local delight (complimentary, self service, Ah zong mian xian). After dinner, we will transfer you to your hotel.
( meals on board, dinner )

DAY 2: TAIPEI – (By Train) HUALIEN : Ye-Liu Scenic Area / Chiufen, actual filming site of popular Taiwan movie “Sad City”/ Ami Aboriginal Cultural Show
This morning, proceed to Ye-Liu Scenic Area. Ye-Liu is the most remarkable of all Taiwan’s northern scenic areas. The park is formed by a promontory that stretches 1,700 meters into the sea and contains a bewildering variety of rock formations. Next, travel to Chiufen, actual filming site of popular Taiwan movie “Sad City” which is located up in the hills of northeast Taiwan. Due to the pitch of the hillside, all buildings do not obstruct the view of another, making it as an excellent observation of individual houses as well as beautiful scenery. In the late afternoon, travel to Hualien by train. This evening, enjoy a traditional Ami Aboriginal Cultural Show.
( breakfast, dinner )

DAY 3: HUALIEN – TAITUNG : Taroko Gorge / Sansiantai Scenic Area / Hotspring
This morning, you will take an impressive tour of the Taroko Gorge – one of the most spectacular natural wonders of the world. Through the Taroko Gate, you will witness the magnificent beauty of the External Spring Shrine, Swallow Caves, Nine Turn Grotto and Tien Hsiang. After lunch, proceed to Taitung. Enroute, visit Sansiantai Scenic Area, and get to take a view of its spectacular sight. Next, we will check into Rainbow Resort, be treated to some Hotspring and SPA facilities within the resort. Highlight of the day, after dinner, enjoy with your family and friends a funfilled activity - a DIY local Taiwanese food cooked in the Hotspring water (complimentary supper).
( breakfast, lunch, dinner )

DAY 4: TAITUNG – KAOHSIUNG : Fo Kuan Shan Monastery / Salt Lake Scenic Area / Leo He Night Market
After breakfast, we depart for Kaohsiung – the second largest city and commercial seaport in Taiwan. Visit Fo Kuan Shan Monastery. Since established in 1967, it has evolved from a mountain-top bamboo monastery to the largest Buddhist monastery in Taiwan and it is a internationally recognized site of pilgrimage. The Great Buddha land has an Amitabha Buddha statue standing 120ft tall and is surrounded by 480 small statues. This afternoon, we will have traditional Kampung Chicken meal for lunch. Next visit the Salt Lake Scenic Area, here you get to take a dip in the salt water and at the same time get to enjoy a salted ice cone (complimentary). (Admission to Salt Lake Pool at own expense, passenger to bring own swimming costume, cap, goggles and towel). Tonight, you may want to spend some time at the famous night market in Kaohsiung – Leo He Night Market.
( breakfast, lunch )

DAY 5: KAOHSIUNG – TAIPEI : Sun Moon Lake / Wenwu Temple / Shilin Night Market
This morning, depart for Taichung where you will visit the biggest fresh water lake in Taiwan – Sun Moon Lake. The lake covers an area of 793 hectares and the length of the lake is about 33km. It is divided into two sections by Lalu Island. After Lunch, visit Wenwu Temple. It is located at the shoulder of mountain on the north of Sun Moon Lake and was built in 1938. Return back to Taipei where we will visit the famous and biggest night market in Taipei – Shilin Night Market.
( breakfast, lunch )

DAY 6: TAIPEI : Martyr’s Shrine / National Palace Museum / CKS Memorial Hall / 101 World Building / Tam Shui Old Street / Fisherman’s Wharf, actual filming site of popular TV drama series “Meteor Garden”, Boat Cruise
After breakfast, visit Martyr’s Shrine, take a picture of the ceremony of changing guards at hourly intervals. Then, proceed on to the National Palace Museum which houses the largest collection of priceless Chinese pieces of art collected over many centuries by Chinese emperors and royal families. Along the way, we will visit CKS Memorial Hall, this hall is constructed in memory of the late president of the R.O.C Chiang Kai-Shek. Gardens around the building are planted with flowers of many varieties, and colours. After lunch, visit Taipei’s tallest skyscraper 101 World Building. Next, we will proceed to Tam Shui Old Street where you can shop for lots of Taiwan’s famous snacks such as “Grandma’s Iron egg”…. Enjoy the sunset at Fisherman’s Wharf, actual filming site of popular TV drama series “Meteor Garden” where you can find many cafes, restaurants along the wharf, we will also get to cruise the Tam Shui waters and capture the beautiful scenery along the coast.
( breakfast, lunch, dinner )

DAY 7: TAIPEI -> SINGAPORE
After breakfast, free at own leisure until time for transfer to the airport for your flight back to Singapore. We hope that you have enjoyed your holidays with SA TOURS.
( breakfast )
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.