Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2005, 07:36 PM   #2326

Long wan typhoon at ximenting:

Old 05-10-2005, 08:36 PM   #2327
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hualien

Personal advice for --http://www.taiwantourbus.com.tw/english/tour_detail.php?uid=61--half day tour. The tour bus will start at 11am. After picking up at few point, the bus will fetch you at 11.30am at hualien train station. After that, it will proceed to few more pts for picking up. The last picking up will be around 12pm ++. You will only reach taroko at around 1pm. Total touring
time is only 3hrs. After which at around 1600, the bus will start moving back to the picking up point for dropping. You will reach the train station at 1630hrs. I would suggest taking a cab. The competition over there is very strong. A uncle went up to me and offered me 1500NT for me and my girlfriend. It was quite lucky for me because that uncle was a registrated Tour guide
with the national board of tourism. Therefore I tour around taroko in a cab with a nice tour guide who explain eveything to me in details . By the way. the cab i took was a toyota MPV
....Very shiok. Along the journey, we can walk as long as we like, hehe
After the tour, i requested the uncle to bring me to the best maji shop in hualien.<Not those tourist shop>

And one last thing, rem to book the train ticket to hualien early...
the rate he offered you is for 2 person or per trip? cause I could be going be 3 other friends, if per trip we can save quite a bit.

No lag, just flap flap!
Old 05-10-2005, 08:44 PM   #2328

750 per person
Old 05-10-2005, 10:44 PM   #2329
High Supremacy Member

i was quote 650NT per pax later bargain to 550NT per pax.. 10 am tour until 5PM then the cabby bring us to the nite market there and also a beach there... end tour at 8PM..
Old 05-10-2005, 11:25 PM   #2330

Hi Timas,
Thanks for the Good advise. I hope you dont mind if I post your comments elsewhere. Twinstar said the same thing, many tour agents around the Train station so it is not really necessary to bookthrough a travel agent first but there are some people who would prefer to have things organised first.
Youpaid NT1500 for acouple,what about 3 or 4 people any ideas?? Any phone number of that "Uncle" Could help others.

You did not do Yeliou and went to Jioufen first, How ?? via the Bus from From the Exit #1 at MRT Stop: Zhongxiao- Fuxing or train to Rueifang then Keelung Bus. If you got advise to make it easier,let us know.I get a lot of Questions by email daily.

NIce Pics. Miaokow is better mainly the Keelung is different from Taipei so the place and the atmosphere is different and the food variety is amazing.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:33 PM   #2331

i was quote 650NT per pax later bargain to 550NT per pax.. 10 am tour until 5PM then the cabby bring us to the nite market there and also a beach there... end tour at 8PM..
Could his cost higher cause it was a spacious "Cabby" "By the way. the cab i took was a toyota MPV"

Hey Timas,Thanks again for posting your comments.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:10 AM   #2332

Hi Timas,
Thanks for the Good advise. I hope you dont mind if I post your comments elsewhere. Twinstar said the same thing, many tour agents around the Train station so it is not really necessary to bookthrough a travel agent first but there are some people who would prefer to have things organised first.
Youpaid NT1500 for acouple,what about 3 or 4 people any ideas?? Any phone number of that "Uncle" Could help others.

You did not do Yeliou and went to Jioufen first, How ?? via the Bus from From the Exit #1 at MRT Stop: Zhongxiao- Fuxing or train to Rueifang then Keelung Bus. If you got advise to make it easier,let us know.I get a lot of Questions by email daily.

NIce Pics. Miaokow is better mainly the Keelung is different from Taipei so the place and the atmosphere is different and the food variety is amazing.
According to that 'uncle' the fees for four person will be more cheaper. I didn't go yeliu becos I went hot spring at beitou in the morning. I took train to Ruifang station.. Just follow the crowd to the bus stop across the street and take a keyun to jiufen. Something I learnt from taiwan, for popular places, just follow the crowds. If not just ask. One thing to note, book your train ticket early regardless to hualien or ruifang. I almost can't buy my tic to hualien. As I bought my tic to ruifang the very last min, I had to stand for the whole journey.

As for keelung, the seafood variety is 'solid'..

Pic of one of the store at keelung:
Old 06-10-2005, 12:18 AM   #2333

Raohe Nightmarket:

Food wise: Not bad.
Look for this famous mee shuang at raohe

Sry for the blur picture
Old 06-10-2005, 12:35 AM   #2334

Hi Timas,

As for hualien, when i step out of the train station, I didn't see any tour agents around except alot of cabby and one tourism centre there. In fact, when I went in to the tourism centre to ask for the tour, he show me the taiwantourbus package. From the flyers, the touring time is only 3hrs. When I am waiting for the bus to pick me up, this uncle approached me....

Here's his card:

Old 07-10-2005, 08:07 AM   #2335

how come no one commend on my itinerary ...

any expert can help .....
Old 07-10-2005, 11:24 AM   #2336
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi, anyone got any info about river rafting in Hualian can post here? tks

No lag, just flap flap!
Old 07-10-2005, 03:53 PM   #2337

Rafting

Hi,

Hi, anyone got any info about river rafting in Hualian can post here? tks
Hualien White Water Rafting

Rueisuei Rafting Service Center
Old 07-10-2005, 03:57 PM   #2338

how come no one commend on my itinerary ...

any expert can help .....
Hey,
Sorry, Tonight will post. . Need a few changes so you dont double back .
Also , waitforyou got nice Avatar, makes me always want to reply quickly
Old 07-10-2005, 08:03 PM   #2339

posting from hualian internet cafe now~

taroko is beautiful but alot of places temp closed down due to fallen rocks caused by longwang typhoon~ oone section of the road even have a big crack when the rock from the mountain hit it. tour ended quite early due to some spot closed down so the driver drove us to qi xing tan beach and the beach is heavily damaged by the typhoon but still looks nice~

do go miaokou at night! its nicer than shilin

and give jinguashi a visit if u on the way to jiufen. have more things to explore in jinguashi!
Old 07-10-2005, 10:03 PM   #2340

Thanks for the update!!!! Very useful for others.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.