HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-10-2004, 03:29 PM   #226
Great Supremacy Member

any1 knows taking coach from Taipei to Hualian is how long?
Old 18-10-2004, 03:44 PM   #227
Supremacy Member

You can go to Hualien by the following ways.

(1) airplane - It takes about 40 minutes to take the airplane from Taipei domestic airport to Hualien airport. The one-way ticket is about USD30 to USD40. The ticket can be bought at http://www.ezfly.com but that website is written in Chinese.

(2) train - It takes about three hours to take the train from Taipei to Hualien by the fast express at the cost around USD 10 to USD 15.

(3) car - Although it is a long way to go, it is worthy for you to see the beautiful scenes along the Su Hua Highway (route 9) in the car. You'll take about 5 hours driving from Taipei to Hualien. Be careful to pass the car in front of you only at the safe location.
Old 18-10-2004, 04:01 PM   #228
Great Supremacy Member

You can go to Hualien by the following ways.

(1) airplane - It takes about 40 minutes to take the airplane from Taipei domestic airport to Hualien airport. The one-way ticket is about USD30 to USD40. The ticket can be bought at http://www.ezfly.com but that website is written in Chinese.

(2) train - It takes about three hours to take the train from Taipei to Hualien by the fast express at the cost around USD 10 to USD 15.

(3) car - Although it is a long way to go, it is worthy for you to see the beautiful scenes along the Su Hua Highway (route 9) in the car. You'll take about 5 hours driving from Taipei to Hualien. Be careful to pass the car in front of you only at the safe location.
thanks for the detailed info.

reason i asked is becos the tour package includes Hualien and it takes 5 hrs by coach, so half the day gone..
Old 18-10-2004, 04:05 PM   #229
Supremacy Member

maybe u could extend ur stay in taipei for 1 or 2 days, find a cheap lodging or what...the air ticket shld be able to extend one
Old 22-10-2004, 12:50 AM   #230

ah SA tours ah...i'll be travelling with Nam Ho at the end of Nov... Anyone travelled with Nam Ho before and any comments about your trip?
Btw, heard about the bus accident at Jiu Fen...just pray that when me and my friends reach there, the bus driver drives properly!!!
Old 22-10-2004, 10:15 PM   #231

ah SA tours ah...i'll be travelling with Nam Ho at the end of Nov... Anyone travelled with Nam Ho before and any comments about your trip?
Btw, heard about the bus accident at Jiu Fen...just pray that when me and my friends reach there, the bus driver drives properly!!!
when i was there in Sept, i took the public bus downhill... it was quite ok... so i guess the accident happened cos of driver's neglience... but i find that the SA tour a bit EX leh... 1k+ for 7-days...
Old 27-10-2004, 11:06 AM   #232
Master Member

goin taipei on sat wit a male fren,so 2 of us will b there frm 30oct - 5Nov,tis is wat we gona do,

sun
1)CKS memorial Hall in morning
2)Kwang Hua Shang Chang which is nearby
3)Shop around at Xi Men Ding,heard Sunday mre happenin.

Mon
1)Dan Shui by noon
2)Yu ren ma tou watch sunset
3)Shilin Ye Shi dinner

tue
1)train to hualian (can we take mrt there?or bus? need help on tis. Is taxi expensive to hualian? Hotel is at Xi Men Ding area. Any advice?)

wed
1)bus to Jiu Fen (is there any transport to Jiu Fen?mrt/train?)
2)frm JiuFen,go straight 2 Beitou hotspring.roughly wat time should i leave Jiu Fen for Beitou?
3)If not going Beitou,will go Zhi-long ye shi. (which mrt is near to this nite market? any other way to get there from jiu fen?)

thur
1)Yang Ming shan
2)taipei City Hall, world trade centre and 101 building.at nite go to Wu Fen Pu

pls advise like wat time shld leave hotel daily,hw long shld i stay b4 proceed 2 the next place etc?
Old 27-10-2004, 12:41 PM   #233
Arch-Supremacy Member

http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showt...ghlight=taiwan
A link with some infor about taipei. Hope it is useful

sun
1)CKS memorial Hall in morning
2)Kwang Hua Shang Chang which is nearby
3)Shop around at Xi Men Ding,heard Sunday mre happenin.
1> CKS memorial Hall nothing much to see one. Only see the place nia.

2> Kwang Hua Shang Chang go at weekend is very crowded but on weekend there is a weekend market next to it that sell stuff from all over taiwan. Wild boar meat, bamboo rice, fly fish fishball,.... Worth dropping by.

3> Xi men Ding not much for guys lah, mostly girls cloth and very jap too. Dont think u can stay a long time there. Maybe will have weekend show in front of Rainbow hotel.

Mon
1)Dan Shui by noon
2)Yu ren ma tou watch sunset
3)Shilin Ye Shi dinner
1> Dan shui can go early then maybe can go to the thermal spot around there. Should have those pao tang(bath). Noon time then go dan shui for lunch. Can buy those fish cracker and "ping pong" egg(metal egg). A lot of di gam store also can play. Got the 30 cm long ice cream there.

2> Yu ren ma tou never go before. Heard is sea food stuff and got temple or somthing.

3> Shilin is good!! Fav hunt man! Lots of food lots of stuff. Buying clothes maybe going to Wu Fen Pu is better. Must eat the ji pa there. Got purple corn too. Frankly speaking i find shi lin more interesting than ximenting. Maybe i more food person.

tue
1)train to hualian (can we take mrt there?or bus? need help on tis. Is taxi expensive to hualian? Hotel is at Xi Men Ding area. Any advice?)
Go taipei main station there got train station to hualien. Or can take bus there too. Got a lots of long distance bus company around the main station(cannot rem). Choose the company u like. The place something like our golden mile lah.

wed
1)bus to Jiu Fen (is there any transport to Jiu Fen?mrt/train?)
2)frm JiuFen,go straight 2 Beitou hotspring.roughly wat time should i leave Jiu Fen for Beitou?
3)If not going Beitou,will go Zhi-long ye shi. (which mrt is near to this nite market? any other way to get there from jiu fen?)
Jiu Fen got one Guo Guang bus going there. Jus Fen go as early is good. Reach like 11-12am can liao. A place worth going.
Can go to the tourist place ask for direction. Got 2 in taipei one along the underpass in main station or zhong xiao, the other should be outside CKS. You better check before going. They provide good help and infor. their infor very good one as they can even tell u the exit u must use to get to certain place. They speak english too haha.

thur
1)Yang Ming shan
2)taipei City Hall, world trade centre and 101 building.at nite go to Wu Fen Pu
Yang Ming Shan nothing at all. Going is a waste of time. Reach there only to see old ppl exceise there. See stuipd flower clock then went off liao. Maybe i miss the good spot there.
101 building got free shutter bus one dont miss it. Along 101 got a wide range of shopping center but all god damn expensive. Like paragon singapore lah.
Zhong Xiao area also got a lot of shopping.
Behind isetan there got one jap style steam boat cum BBQ. Worth it man.

Lastly go there first thing to get is the adult MRT pass. (aka the blue adult card in singapore. If student can also get the student card but only discount for bus. MTR is the same)

Last edited by History; 27-10-2004 at 02:04 PM..
Old 27-10-2004, 12:45 PM   #234
Arch-Supremacy Member

You got ur hotel already?
If not got http://www.easytravel.com.tw

Check out the 國光大飯店. Right inside XimenTing. Less than 5 min walk from MTR station.
1400-1600NT
Old 27-10-2004, 01:11 PM   #235
Master Member

I have already confirm my trip to taipei
starting 30th OCT (510pm flight transit Hongkong 1 hour ) to 5 Nov ( 3pm flight back to singapore )
CHINA AIRLINE. Free and easy

total is 7D6N, but i think i already waste the 1st day, cos i am going to reach Taipei only at 1145pm at nite! argh..Staying at Royal Castle Hotel for the whole trip
Address: No.115 Chengtu Road, Taipei, Taiwan

total i paid for all these, including airport taxes etc, is SG$730 each (two person going). which is quite cheap after checkin out a few other tour agencies.

i be bringing my hp,
can anyone tell me whether the charger (3-pin spore type) can be use in taipei,
if not wat shld i do, or where shld i buy the travel chargor from, thanks.

pls refer to my earlier post and advise me on my plans for my taipei trip.
tks

Last edited by vinz; 27-10-2004 at 01:13 PM..
Old 27-10-2004, 02:01 PM   #236
Arch-Supremacy Member

Taipei's socket diff from singapore
Old 27-10-2004, 02:05 PM   #237
Arch-Supremacy Member

Bascially taipei very tourist "friendly" one. People there quite helpful, transportation are easily found,...
Food Haven!!
Old 27-10-2004, 04:01 PM   #238

anybody interested to go taipei early dec for abt a week, like fr 7th to 14th or 15th? if yes, then maybe we can buy air tickets together, cheaper if GV2, can PM me if keen, thks.

Last edited by potatohead; 27-10-2004 at 04:10 PM..
Old 27-10-2004, 04:08 PM   #239

i be bringing my hp,
can anyone tell me whether the charger (3-pin spore type) can be use in taipei,
if not wat shld i do, or where shld i buy the travel chargor from, thanks.
tw uses 2 flat-pin plug and 110V (like US), ur hp travel charger shd most prob be universal voltage (100-240V) but plug may not fit.

refer to pic below, shd be able to get a converter fr our local neighbourhood store for abt S$1.50 to $2.00.

Old 27-10-2004, 09:53 PM   #240
Master Member

potatohead,

thanks, i got it...

any comments abt my trips and plans for each day?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.