HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-10-2005, 01:47 PM   #2446

zhong xiao xin sheng, fuxing and dunhua. got zhongxiao night market meh? nv heard of it leh
Old 21-10-2005, 03:46 PM   #2447

Free outdoor MTV concert at Chung Shan Soccer Stadium tomorrow, Oct. 22, from 7pm to 10pm, tickets available thru MTV. http://www.mtvchinese.com/News/Chine...510/21/09.html
Artists include Stephanie Sun, Machi and 5566. If you're interested but won't be here, it will be broadcast in Southeast Asia, China, Hong Kong, UK, Japan and Sweden. (Posted by CC at TA)

This page tells you where and How to get the Tickets:
http://www.mtvchinese.com/Channel/Ev...tle/Login.html

This page tells you of Events here in Taiwan by MTV:
http://www.mtvchinese.com/News/Event/Index.html

Last edited by nuttyazn; 21-10-2005 at 04:20 PM..
Old 21-10-2005, 03:50 PM   #2448

zhong xiao xin sheng, fuxing and dunhua. got zhongxiao night market meh? nv heard of it leh
he Underground Mall is between ZX-Fushing and ZX-Dunhua.
Outside there is the Dinghow Market-Haven't been there in a while. Used to have factory ourlets and street food.

You can check the ZX Area Shopping map here: Scroll down

Shopping Areas
Old 21-10-2005, 05:32 PM   #2449

i remember someone mention before leh......... but duno which page liao....
Old 21-10-2005, 05:40 PM   #2450

he Underground Mall is between ZX-Fushing and ZX-Dunhua.
Outside there is the Dinghow Market-Haven't been there in a while. Used to have factory ourlets and street food.

You can check the ZX Area Shopping map here: Scroll down

Shopping Areas
yo bro.... sorry so u mean its an underground shopping mall nia hur... not outside one isit... so u mean the underground mall is link from Fushing to Dunhua isit... or need to take MRT from one place to other place... so their open hrs is abt 11 isit

oh the Dinghow Market... isit a night market or open in the morning one

sorry wor so many question
Old 21-10-2005, 09:37 PM   #2451

yo bro.... sorry so u mean its an underground shopping mall nia hur... not outside one isit... so u mean the underground mall is link from Fushing to Dunhua isit... or need to take MRT from one place to other place... so their open hrs is abt 11 isit

oh the Dinghow Market... isit a night market or open in the morning one

sorry wor so many question
No worries on the questions.

Fushing Dunhwa is linked with an Underground Mall.

Dinghow Market is outside. Like I mentioned , I have not been there in a long time, Afternoons and evenings used to be the time to go there and weekend evenings. It used to be a nice place to meet chicks in the "good old days"

The Other two underground Malls are at the Taipei Main Station. The Front Station mall is shorter and the other is at the Rear , known as Taipei Metro Mall. This is long . Both are good places to pick up bargains - shoes at NT200/ Undies/Socks from NT30 up, Hats/Caps/Umbrellas/Tshirts from NT100/- Fung Hsui stuff (neat stuff to giveaway From NT10 ~NT50) When you get tired of walking,there are places there to eat or have a cuppa.
Old 22-10-2005, 01:00 AM   #2452
Master Member

most prob its their smelly toufu
No lah. I think it is 卤味.
Old 23-10-2005, 02:43 AM   #2453

I would be going Taipei too in a month's time. still have not make any hotel bookings or plan itinerary.. will be there for 7 days.

Would it be too rushed to go Taipei - Hualian - Alishan - Taipei again covering common sites as discussed here? eg. Jiufen, Jingguashi, Yeliu, yangmingshan etc and the usual shopping? I hope I'm not too greedy or ambitious.. :p
Old 23-10-2005, 12:42 PM   #2454
High Supremacy Member

I would be going Taipei too in a month's time. still have not make any hotel bookings or plan itinerary.. will be there for 7 days.

Would it be too rushed to go Taipei - Hualian - Alishan - Taipei again covering common sites as discussed here? eg. Jiufen, Jingguashi, Yeliu, yangmingshan etc and the usual shopping? I hope I'm not too greedy or ambitious.. :p

no it is possible if u plan wisely.. put those place that are about the same zone together then search for the bus number
Old 23-10-2005, 10:08 PM   #2455

but will be very tiring lor~ esp to hualian and alishan
Old 23-10-2005, 11:09 PM   #2456

hi guys....

i've been reading all the pages...got lots of useful info from u guys...deeply appreciated it...i've come out an itinery for my 7 days trip in TP, going on 13th to 19th dec, 12 ppl...this is our 1st time to TP, so we were thinking of gg all the must-go-places....hope to haf some opinion by u guys....

13th(tue): reach TP at 7++....shilin night market, sleep at hotel(gonna book train tic to hualien for the next day, to yilan on thu....possible to book it at tat hour?)

14th: hualien in the morning, all the way till late noon then take train back to TP....(any major issue i nid to take note to go to hualien?)

15th: go to yilan for hot n cold spring....thinking of gg to jiufen to stay coz i heard the night view of jiufen is terrific! fren reccomend to stay at minsu there...any recomendation?...will it be too rush?....wat time do the shops open till?

16th(fri): bf n stroll ard in jiufen in the morning, jinguashi afterwards, if can then gonna cover jilong....will go back TP by evening time
then, thinking of going room18 to chiong....anything to take note?...or is there any more happening clubbing place to rec?

17th, 18th(sat n sun): ximending, dong qu, huanaweixiu.....gonna explore all over the TP city.....

19th(mon): wufenpu in the morning( coz its mentioned here tat wufenpu only open on weekdays), guofu jiniantang, CKS memorial hall.....last min shopping b4 gg off...

tat will be all....but we are thinking of watching guessx3 show, too bad plane leaving at 6+...can i call them now to confirm places now so tat i can extend 1 more day in TP? any idea?

really hope tat the experts here can give some comment on my itinery....hope to haf a memorable trip....TP has always been my dreamed place, man!
Old 24-10-2005, 10:00 AM   #2457

hi guys....

i've been reading all the pages...got lots of useful info from u guys...deeply appreciated it...i've come out an itinery for my 7 days trip in TP, going on 13th to 19th dec, 12 ppl...this is our 1st time to TP, so we were thinking of gg all the must-go-places....hope to haf some opinion by u guys....

13th(tue): reach TP at 7++....shilin night market, sleep at hotel(gonna book train tic to hualien for the next day, to yilan on thu....possible to book it at tat hour?)

u should buy ur hualian and yilan ticket when u reached taipei station. since u going on wed, i dun think u can get zi qiang hao at very early hr. so probably they will give u ju guang hao at 7.45am. reach hualian already near 11am. as for yilan, higher chances to get faster train since u going on thu.

shilin is cool. and many ppl will revisit shilin more than once~ the wkend is terrific over there.

14th: hualien in the morning, all the way till late noon then take train back to TP....(any major issue i nid to take note to go to hualien?)

hualian nothing much to shop, so probably u would like to cover taroko gorge and the beach. take a 7pm train back to taipei ba. remember to buy return ticket when u purchase tic on tues. it will be better if u buy ticket from hualian to yilan and stay overnite there

15th: go to yilan for hot n cold spring....thinking of gg to jiufen to stay coz i heard the night view of jiufen is terrific! fren reccomend to stay at minsu there...any recomendation?...will it be too rush?....wat time do the shops open till?

nv been to yilan but should be a nice place but travelling all the way to there for hotspring? abit waste of time. can hotspring in taipei xinbeitou mah. from yilan to jiufen should be another couple of hrs travelling time. i went jiufen in the day so not sure of the night scenery but saw some pics b4. quite nice. jiufen is juz an old street can finish it off with 1 nite.

16th(fri): bf n stroll ard in jiufen in the morning, jinguashi afterwards, if can then gonna cover jilong....will go back TP by evening time
then, thinking of going room18 to chiong....anything to take note?...or is there any more happening clubbing place to rec?

hmm... u got more than enough time to cover jinguashi, yeliu and keelung. keelung nite time go more happening else daytime go awhile can leave le. if u going back to taipei in evening time, u have 1 nite to do other thing. if u go chiong, room18 is fine cos i've been to there and its quite safe. the new room18 is at neo19 building beside warner village. cover chage is 700NT.

17th, 18th(sat n sun): ximending, dong qu, huanaweixiu.....gonna explore all over the TP city.....

cool! sat and sun are the most fun in taipei~ u'll definately enjoy the shopping. go 101, NYNY, xin guang san yue, ximending and zhong xiao dong lu area. if got time revisit shilin at nite ba~ u'll surprized how different it is during wkend.

19th(mon): wufenpu in the morning( coz its mentioned here tat wufenpu only open on weekdays), guofu jiniantang, CKS memorial hall.....last min shopping b4 gg off

CKS is nice. go in early morning den go guofu in late morning and monday for wufenpu?? i think no gd cos all the retailers will crowd the wholesales market on mon!! so they wun entertain u. go on sunday ba. wu fen pu opens everydays till quite late so dun worry

tat will be all....but we are thinking of watching guessx3 show, too bad plane leaving at 6+...can i call them now to confirm places now so tat i can extend 1 more day in TP? any idea?

call them up and check recording schedule. no need tic or booking. juz go assemble at their lobby can le. the last time i checked, the schedule is mon 2-6pm and 7-11pm

really hope tat the experts here can give some comment on my itinery....hope to haf a memorable trip....TP has always been my dreamed place, man!
u missed out an important place! danshui. i love that place

Last edited by hongge; 24-10-2005 at 10:11 AM..
Old 24-10-2005, 10:53 AM   #2458
High Supremacy Member

yeah lor how can u miss danshui?? yu ren mai tou and the nice food there... morning go xin bei tou for hot spring then afternoon go danshui , night time go yu ren maitou.. they are in the same mrt line..
Old 24-10-2005, 11:06 AM   #2459

No worries on the questions.

Fushing Dunhwa is linked with an Underground Mall.

Dinghow Market is outside. Like I mentioned , I have not been there in a long time, Afternoons and evenings used to be the time to go there and weekend evenings. It used to be a nice place to meet chicks in the "good old days"

The Other two underground Malls are at the Taipei Main Station. The Front Station mall is shorter and the other is at the Rear , known as Taipei Metro Mall. This is long . Both are good places to pick up bargains - shoes at NT200/ Undies/Socks from NT30 up, Hats/Caps/Umbrellas/Tshirts from NT100/- Fung Hsui stuff (neat stuff to giveaway From NT10 ~NT50) When you get tired of walking,there are places there to eat or have a cuppa.
yo bro... tks again

can ask hor... so ZX Xinsheng.... got shopping or not... or only Fuxing and Dunhua

so only got Underground Mall there and outside only got the Dinghow Market (duno still there or not) isit... beside that anything else for shopping there.....

oh the taipei main station got 2 underground mall hur... i thought only 1 nia... so all link together one isit...

btw can we bargain at nite markets and shopping mall or not...
Old 24-10-2005, 01:39 PM   #2460

hey hongge and naked toes....thx so much for the comment man!!....haha....感谢感谢!

chose yilan for hotspring coz my fren said only there has COLD spring...so do u tink its worth a try?...i oso feel tat travel all the wayt o yilan, then back to jiufen at night again like abit rush sia..so i'd take ur advice i guess....

saw some of u rec wulai for hotspring as well...xinbeitou n wulai, which one better?...or is every hotspring abt the same?

wat to do in danshui huh?...coz so far nvr heard of anything abt there man....yurenmatou i noe, xiong tian ping's song...hehe....a bunch of guys go there ok ma?...will ppll think us as gay?...hehe..jus kidding....really curious of wat to do there....can help?

think i saw some info abt hualien somewhere here b4...saying tat theres a tour trip rite?...if we reach there at 11+, can we make it for the trip?.....is taking taxi a better choice?...

and, my god, the cover is so high, man!....tats abt SGD35....wow...are the drinks there as cheap as double o?...hehe....

thx again for the info....and sorry for asking soooo many qn....paiseh paiseh
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.