HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-10-2005, 10:56 PM   #2521

yup when i was at miramar i saw the big MOS building but wasnt sure if it is MOS. looks cool! and those pics makes me recall all the wonderful experiences in taipei haa

holiday ktv also got a personal toilet in their room~ one thing gd abt taiwan ktv is the unlimited food and freeflow drinks haha
Old 31-10-2005, 09:21 AM   #2522

yup... but one thing bad about their ktv is that they have no analogue... if u cant seldom sing chinese songs that will be a big problem
Old 31-10-2005, 09:39 AM   #2523
Master Member

[img=http://www.photoi.org/share/upload/590277561/taiwan_253_th.jpg]

new york new york.. the building in the background is 101
reminds me I was there 3 weeks ago
Old 31-10-2005, 11:01 AM   #2524

Below is my itinerary.... can someone pls help and comment

05/11 - Sat
2100 Hrs - Shida Night Market
GongGuang would be better since you are going there after dinner. Shida , more food.

06/11 - Sun
0800 Hrs - Depart to YMS
1300 Hrs - Depart to DanShui from YMS

Instead of coming back down YMS on the same route and then heading for Danshui , Take another bus (#230) straight to Beitou MRT from YMS and then onto Danshui by MRT, you can save about an hour.

1730 Hrs - Depart to Fisherman Wharf from DanShui
1900 Hrs - Depart to DanShui Night Market from Fisherman Wharf
2100 Hrs - Minamar Ferris Wheel
Quickest way to reach here is by MRT to Yuanshan.Exit 1, cross the road to Soccer Stadium Bus stop and take any of these Buses: Red 2, 21, 247,287. May Lee Hwa -From Miramar to get to Shihlin, Find out first when is their last free Transport to Jiantan (Shihlin NM)
2300 Hrs - ShiLin Market (If we still got time after the Ferris Wheel)
yo yo yo... tks... so excited abt my trip liao

btw where is this Gong Guang Night Market
Old 31-10-2005, 12:43 PM   #2525

i also went for 8days trip but i didnt manage to cover so many places. ur itinerary is abit pack but if u r not a shopping person, juz see see look look, it can be achieved. u need to have great stamina and discipline to cover all the venues. sleepiness in the morning is a killer! take note of it cos i missed yeliu due to overslept.

have fun in taipei~

tks chiam liao leh... im a shopping freak wor... if really really no time... then got to miss some of them lor... sob sob

btw i like to know how to go from Jiufen to Jingguashi hur... no time to refer back wor... anyone can help
Old 31-10-2005, 03:23 PM   #2526

GongGuan NM at GongGuan MRT stop: Exit 4.
Gongguan is popular and inexpensive because it is frequented by National Taiwan University students: Long lines at popular food shops/stalls

Jioufen to Jingauashi by the same bus that takes you to Jioufen from Keelung.

Last edited by nuttyazn; 31-10-2005 at 03:27 PM..
Old 31-10-2005, 04:59 PM   #2527

yup when i was at miramar i saw the big MOS building but wasnt sure if it is MOS. looks cool! and those pics makes me recall all the wonderful experiences in taipei haa

holiday ktv also got a personal toilet in their room~ one thing gd abt taiwan ktv is the unlimited food and freeflow drinks haha
Confirm is MOS... i saw it when on the Ferris Wheel....

Old 31-10-2005, 05:14 PM   #2528

When i went there, some ppl told me ding tai feng is over hyped and the dumplings are expensive... was recommended to go to some shanghai restaurant at Breeze Center (Wei Feng Guang Chang) near ZX Fuxing MRT... go out from Exit 5 and walk straight to reach Breeze Centre... The restaurant shd be at level 1... Personally feel that its not bad... although I did not try ding tai feng...
ding tai feng is not really expensive lah around S$20+ for 2...eat till i want to vomit......compare to singapore's... n it tase alot better then s'pore. singapore's DTF sucks.....haha... the food is really great...then after that can go eat ice-monster....haha.....

Old 01-11-2005, 03:35 PM   #2529

yeah thx man....i could have such good plannning is all becoz of u guys' info la....haha...
dunno my frens interested in looking at rocks onot..if not will def try to go yeliu....btw, would take ur advice to go keelung instead....1 more place to explore...yeah!

and ya, we will def go up TP101 n the wheel....wont miss it!

anyway, jus a couple of qns more...

1. any rec on beitou's hotspring?...heard it will be quite crowded at tat season...and we noe nuts abt beitou's hotspring sia....

2. anyone noes how much is the entrance of MOS?...wat type of music? (they play tranze i guess....dun like tranze)...but we will go la...since many HOOT babes there....but how much is the drinks there? whos been MOS n ROOM18(we plan to go both)?....roughly how much is the spending there?...note: we are a bunch of guys who can really drink....hehe...

3. any MUST eat food in specific area?....hehe...too many nice food in TP liao...scare i would miss those MUST try food.....bros...jus lists down as many as u guys can think of can?..ahah....(im a greedy lad)....

4. its best to go wufenpu after 4.30pm on sat? see it somewhere at this forum.

thx a million again!

Last edited by cyngeiw; 01-11-2005 at 04:02 PM..
Old 01-11-2005, 10:24 PM   #2530

cyngeiw

2. anyone noes how much is the entrance of MOS?...wat type of music? (they play tranze i guess....dun like tranze)...but we will go la...since many HOOT babes there....but how much is the drinks there? whos been MOS n ROOM18(we plan to go both)?....roughly how much is the spending there?...note: we are a bunch of guys who can really drink....hehe...

MOS

Room18

Plush and 911
The Living Mall boasts two new nightclubs next door to each other. Plush and 911 are quickly becoming the place for Taipei's trendiest, sexiest and hottest citizens to be seen. Cover charge is NT$350 on weeknights and NT$500 on Friday and Saturday. Open from 9 p.m. to 4 a.m. daily.
No. 12 Dungshing Road (in the Core Pacific City Living Mall), Taipei

Wufenpu after 4.30pm as then all the shops will be open, otherwise many will be closed.

Last edited by nuttyazn; 03-11-2005 at 12:05 AM..
Old 02-11-2005, 12:16 AM   #2531
Arch-Supremacy Member

that time I walk past the MOS building, it looks like it had shut down or something.... looks just an abandon building

No lag, just flap flap!
Old 02-11-2005, 09:12 AM   #2532

Hi everyone.... tks tks for all the useful info that u all have share with me

i'm flying off later.... so excited

come back will update u guys

anyway.... happy holiday ahead
Old 02-11-2005, 01:48 PM   #2533

cyngeiw

MOS

Room18

Plush and 911
The Living Mall boasts two new nightclubs next door to each other. Plush and 911 are quickly becoming the place for Taipei's trendiest, sexiest and hottest citizens to be seen. Cover charge is NT$350 on weeknights and NT$500 on Friday and Saturday. Open from 9 p.m. to 4 a.m. daily.
No. 12 Dungshing Road (in the Core Pacific City Living Mall), Taipei

Wufenpu after 4.30pm as then all the shops will be open, otherwise many will be closed.

I remember paying 500 NT for enterence on a saturaday night. With one free drinks ( housepour or beer ). That place reminds me of zouk... but the dj console in the main area is very huge... with tables at the side for the djs and babes to chill out. The main area plays house music... while the 2nd level plays R&B (just like phuture). Remember to dress ur best cos taiwanese are superb in dressing up.

I heard plush cost 750NT on saturday.

I went wufenfu twice ard noon and even time. Most shops are opened when i was there. I still remember the Elva Hsiao look alike salegirl in one of the shops...

Old 02-11-2005, 07:19 PM   #2534

Smile

Hi Everyone, i need some help on my trip to taiwan. I am planning a 14 day trip to taiwan in Dec. I have booked the hotels place i want to go, but not planned the exact itinerary yet. I am planning to stay 2 nites in Jiufen and 2 days in Hualien. A few question to ask.

1. is it possible to travel to and fro Jiu fen and Kee lung easily? I am planning to in jiufen and go to Keelung to walk for the whole night before returning to Jiufen. Day2 tour ard Jiufen, e.g Jin gua Shi and Shi Fen, then go to Kee lUNG Miao Kou or Dan Shui at night.

2. For Hualien,
Day1 join tour or book a cab by this cabbie who is also a tour guide (introduced by one of the forumer here). How much does it cost for the cab typically? there is only 2 of us, me and my wife.

Day 2, I was planning to join a tour to Taidong by joining the 1 day bus tour. Any recommendations?

3. I am staying 2 days in Hsinchu also
How do i plan my 2 days tour there? I want to visit the Xiao Ding Dang Le Yuan, Leofun Village and Xiao Ren Guo. Can anyone help? How can i plan my itinerary and cover more places like Beipu 北蒲?

PLease help. thanks
Old 03-11-2005, 12:03 AM   #2535

1. is it possible to travel to and fro Jiu fen and Kee lung easily? I am planning to in jiufen and go to Keelung to walk for the whole night before returning to Jiufen. Day2 tour ard Jiufen, e.g Jin gua Shi and Shi Fen, then go to Kee lUNG Miao Kou or Dan Shui at night.

Sure but check the times of the buses: here:
Ruifang Scenic Area
Miaokou is in Keelung, Danshui is out of the way. Note: Later at night, cab fare should be confirmed first before going back to Jioufen from Keelung.

2. For Hualien,
Day1 join tour or book a cab by this cabbie who is also a tour guide (introduced by one of the forumer here). How much does it cost for the cab typically? there is only 2 of us, me and my wife.

That forumer paid NT1500 for 2. I guess it would be less per head if there was more people. But it never hurts to try and bargain.

Day 2, I was planning to join a tour to Taidong by joining the 1 day bus tour. Any recommendations?

3. I am staying 2 days in Hsinchu also
How do i plan my 2 days tour there? I want to visit the Xiao Ding Dang Le Yuan, Leofun Village and Xiao Ren Guo. Can anyone help? How can i plan my itinerary and cover more places like Beipu 北蒲?

For Leo Foo, do get that Tourist Pass as there is a discount coupon for foreigners NT530 instead of the regular of the 800+ .There is a Hsinchu bus that goes to LeoFoo, your Hotel people should be able to advise you better.

Shops near the Railway Station sell Famous Hsinchu Food. Do Try The: Hsinchu Mee Fen, Gongwan(Pork Meat Balls) And Bawan :Wonderful.!!

Hsinchu City Guide

Travel Hsinchu
Scroll down the Page for more info.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.