Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-10-2004, 06:21 AM   #241
Supremacy Member

try to go wu fen pu earlier, some shops already close by 6pm
Old 28-10-2004, 10:58 AM   #242
Master Member

coolsmurf,

ok, i will take note of goin wu fen pu early, intitially was thinking of going late at nite, thanks for ur info!

anyone been to the Rao He Nite Market near wu fen pu? is there anything happening there?
any special food to recommend etc?

where is the cheapest to get clothing actually? xi men ding? wu feng pu? nite market?
Old 28-10-2004, 11:01 AM   #243
Arch-Supremacy Member

wu feng pu Cheapest. Afterall nite market and ximenting got some of their clothes from there.
Old 29-10-2004, 03:38 PM   #244
Master Member

hi all

going to leave singapore and go taipei 2molo.
quite excited by it.
went to collect my air tickets yesterday at chinatown people park centre.

exchange rate is SG1 = NT20.05
well the 0.05 is not much different if u not changing a few thousands etc.
Money changer at ground floor, indian man, quite skinny, people park centre. was told the one Opposite MAYBANK dont bother asking, he give u poor rate.

Those in taipei, wats the weather there now?
From the newspaper here, its reporting "FAIR WEATHER", correct?

i reach taipei around midnite, my fren will be carrying a big luggage, and we intend to take public bus, is there space for his "big luggage" ?

and we dont have small change, cos the money changer all give us NT1000 notes, do we pay for tickets on the bus, or buy at the counter?

wat about normal buses plying the street of taipei, do we have to pay exact amount on bus? or is it like the MRT fare card system? pls advice, cos if so, we need to get some small notes soon.
The "Easy card" is used for unlimited mrt and bus ride daily? or is that another card? i think most likely we be using alot of the mrt ride, and not the bus, pls advice which card to get and how much and at where.

I be staying at Castle Royal hotel at chengdu road, once i check in shld be around 1am, is there any makan places nearby?
can we get to some nitespots , pubs disco etc?
wat time do the nite spot close?
pls advice.

The bus from Airport will go straight to the Taipei main station? or it be stopping at bus stops also? everyone will alight at taipei main station? after i alight, do i walk to my hotel, or shld i take a cab? dun wana take a cab and realise the hotel is jus across the street. Castle Royal Hotel, does the cab knows the english name for the different places we want to go, or i need to speak in mandarin to him? pls advice as i dont know the name of the hotel in chinese at the moment. hehe
Old 29-10-2004, 03:40 PM   #245
Arch-Supremacy Member

If the luggage can fit the plane then it can fit the bus assuming u mean the bus from airport to city. Different bus company got diff route. Some stop once or twice, some got more than 10 stop. See which bus tic u buy loh.
Normally get the tic that go almost straight to main station.

Ticket buy at counter one so big notes not a problem.

For the city normal bus i only pay using their top up card. So just need to tap dont know the paying system.

There is a lot of easy card. Adult, child(student), ...
Get the adult one more worth it. Dont think the unlimited day trip is worth it unless that day u travelling non stop here and there

Last edited by History; 29-10-2004 at 03:46 PM..
Old 29-10-2004, 03:47 PM   #246
Master Member

to History,
u in taipei now? or in spore?

So the Top up card is it daily unlimited ride type? or u mean the normal type- use finish top up again, i am more keen on the daily unlimited usuage type,is it better value for $$ ?

Most important now

after i reach taipei ( hotel ) around 1230am-1am timing,
any place we can go to? nite spot? clubbing? disco?

if not much clubbing places, then any place to eat supper, hotel near xi men ding.

pls advice.
Old 29-10-2004, 03:54 PM   #247
Arch-Supremacy Member

I am in singapore.

That time i went i bought those adult top up card. (same as ez link). More value for $$ for my side. If i did not remember wrongly the unlimited one not cheap too. Unless that day u going to use for 6 times or more then get it.

xi men ding got one 24 hr ma la steamboat. Across the street near ximenting got a street of cinema and resturant.... but i not sure 24 hr a not
Ximenting after 23.30 is like ghost town liao all shop close.
Old 29-10-2004, 04:03 PM   #248
Master Member

u got cheong nite spots?
hehehe

wats ur email?
need to ask some other questions

or u got msn?

add me vinz@hotmail.com
Old 29-10-2004, 04:05 PM   #249
Arch-Supremacy Member

Their nitespot no. Because went with gf and safety is a concern.
email : history@daocaoren.net
Old 29-10-2004, 04:10 PM   #250
Master Member

ok goin out now.. maybe email u 2nite
hope u can reply me by 2molo noon
leaving hme around 2pm 2molo.

any interesting places die die must go ?
other than the few popular one..

which is the best place u like? shi lin ye shi?
or wu fen pu?
need to put that as priority if its very interesting, first few days must go there check it out,
if bored then last few days can go again mah

hehe
Old 13-11-2004, 10:34 PM   #251

does anyone know if staying at rainbow hotel, which bus to take from the airport is the most convenient??
Old 13-11-2004, 11:00 PM   #252

does anyone know if staying at rainbow hotel, which bus to take from the airport is the most convenient??
u can take Guo Guang bus to Taipei Railway station n take mrt to Ximen station... u can find rainbow hotel within ximenting
Old 15-11-2004, 03:05 AM   #253
Master Member

Talking bus to rainbow hotel

rainbow hotel is not beside the main road, so u die die got to take the bus to the "taipei main station", which is an mrt station cum railway station.

if u reach in the day or evening, not pass midnite, andif u not carrying super big luggage,
then u can take mrt (from taipei main station to Ximen Station )
come out from ximen mrt station (many exits in one single station ), ask the station master which exit to ximending, u jus follow , go up to open air ( ximen mrt station is underground ).
once out of the exit, turn half right where all the crowd is walkin, tis place is know as ximending.
Rainbow hotel is right in the middle of tis area, thk u can see the sign board at 2nd floor.
its not a single building standing there, the whole area is like shophouses ( 1st storey all the shops, makan etc ), 2nd storey u gotta look at sign board to know wat its all about.
so open ur eyes and see, if not ask the chinese name of the hotel and ask around.

i jus came back from taipei 7D6N.

read the below:
http://sg.messages.yahoo.com/bbs?.mm...539419&mid=654

http://sg.messages.yahoo.com/bbs?.mm...539419&mid=655
Old 17-11-2004, 03:54 PM   #254
Master Member

i remember when i went to taiwan in april, many of my friends and i got stuck wif dollar notes tt cannot be used anymore. apparently those r old notes which singapore moneychangers still deal out... i exchanged them from one of the shops in people's park...

i'm going to taipei this month again... anyone knows where's a good moneychanger of course, without those old notes... i can't remember the look of those old notes already so i can't differentiate them if i receive them...
Old 17-11-2004, 03:56 PM   #255
Master Member

btw can the cabs in taipei squeeze 5 ppl? we dun have auto roam there...
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.