HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2005, 12:12 AM   #2536

Hi Everyone, i need some help on my trip to taiwan. I am planning a 14 day trip to taiwan in Dec. I have booked the hotels place i want to go, but not planned the exact itinerary yet. I am planning to stay 2 nites in Jiufen and 2 days in Hualien. A few question to ask.

2nites at jiufen? if u wanna explore the whole places of interest ard that area, 2day 1nite can already. hualian u stay in minsu and ask the owner bring u ard lor

1. is it possible to travel to and fro Jiu fen and Kee lung easily? I am planning to in jiufen and go to Keelung to walk for the whole night before returning to Jiufen. Day2 tour ard Jiufen, e.g Jin gua Shi and Shi Fen, then go to Kee lUNG Miao Kou or Dan Shui at night.

jiufen to keelung is juz by 1 bus. 40mins ride. typically jiufen can be finished with 3hrs and later on u can go keelung miao kou for dinner. nothing much in keelung itself~ den maybe if ur hotel is in jiufen den go back hotel rest.

next day morn visit jinguashi/shifen/yeliu. should not take u more than after 5pm if u set off early. den take train from ruifang or keelung back to taipei (1hr) and check in to watever hotel u choose and go danshui if tats ur plan. taipei MTR to danshui another 30mins+

2. For Hualien,
Day1 join tour or book a cab by this cabbie who is also a tour guide (introduced by one of the forumer here). How much does it cost for the cab typically? there is only 2 of us, me and my wife.

550 - 650NT per person for cab. but most cabbies will quote 1500NT for 2 ppl if u cant find cheap lobang den take up the coach at 550NT

Day 2, I was planning to join a tour to Taidong by joining the 1 day bus tour. Any recommendations?

nv went there b4 so no recommendation. go from hualian to taidong rite? nearer

3. I am staying 2 days in Hsinchu also
How do i plan my 2 days tour there? I want to visit the Xiao Ding Dang Le Yuan, Leofun Village and Xiao Ren Guo. Can anyone help? How can i plan my itinerary and cover more places like Beipu 北蒲?

put dingdang and xiaorenguo in 1 day and leofoo in another day.

PLease help. thanks

so ur itinerary should be hmm...

day1
reach taipei. stay in taipei

day2
hualian

day3
hualian

day4
hualian to taidong

day5
taidong

day6

Hsinchu

day7

hsinchu

day8

taipei to jiufen-keelung

day9

jiufen to taipei to danshui

day10 - 14

taipei

something like tat? maybe u should refer back and read from page 100 onward and see our itinerary.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:13 AM   #2537

hongge, you are 70% rite man in the iternerary, its just that i did not go taidong, but i saw a day trip tour to taidong from hualien. Thanks for your advise This is my iternerary

Day 1
Reach taipei at 7pm, Check in hotel at Taipei

Day 2
At Taipei (not planned yet)

Day 3
Travel to Yilan- Jiao Xi
Enjoy the hot Spring
Travel to night mkt at Yilan City. Return to Jiao Xi for accomdation

Day 4
Travel to Hualien
Join Toroko Tour or book cab
Visit night mkt

Day Five
At Hua LIen
Join Tour group for day trip to Taidong, Or book cab if possible?

Day 6
Travel to Hsinchu by train(Hualien - Taipei - Hsinchu) Chk the schedule, its is the fastest by this way. Should reach Hotel latest by 1pm according to train schedule. Chk in hotel and go to leofun village.
Go to night mkt

Day 7
At Hsinchu
Go Xiaoding Dang and Xiaorenguo.
After that, go Feng Cheng for shopping and nite mkt for dinner

Day 8
Travel to Jiufen.
Go to Kee Lung (iternerary no confirm)
Visit miao Kou at nite. return to Jiufen

Day 8
Visit Jinguashi, Shifen, Yeliu if possible,
go to keeling for dinner, return to jiufen

Day 9
Return to taipei hotel to put belonging(if possible)
Go to Wulai, for Hot spring, then walk ard. Got to local nite mkt nearby,
Stay one nite at Wulai

Day 10-13
Taipei(not planned yet)

Day 14
Home sweet home via Jetstar
Old 03-11-2005, 09:44 AM   #2538

Leofoo Village

Forumer at TA returned from a Taiwan Holiday said the Leofoo undegoes maintainance of many of the rides on Mondays , so it is best to avoid going on a Monday.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:04 PM   #2539

Taroko Gorge Closeed Trails

Had mentioned that I had spoken to them at Toroko and they said only 2 trails were open.

http://www.taroko.gov.tw/ENGLISH/park.htm
Old 03-11-2005, 03:16 PM   #2540

wow so many trails closed~ now go taroko bohua sia
Old 04-11-2005, 12:29 AM   #2541

Will be going to Taiwan from 3 - 10 Dec...a few questions i want to ask here.

1. Anyone been to Alishan? are tours to alishan easily avaliable from Taichung? cause i intend to go straight to Alishan from taichung, skipping chiayi

2. Is there a highway to link Alishan or Taichung to Hualien..That means cross island.

3. Is it possible to cover Yangming Shan, Yeliu and Danshui in the same day?
Old 04-11-2005, 12:47 AM   #2542

101 area is super upmarket type like A/X and DKNY type.. lots of chio ppl here

just make sure you dont pay to get to the top of taipei 101. really nothing much to see up there. felt really cheated. found out later from some friends that they felt the same way when there was no outdoors opened on top like Empire State. Waste of $ for sure.
Old 04-11-2005, 01:14 AM   #2543

i stayed at the hotel at SGD80.00 nett. maybe you will be going at a peak period that's why the rates are higher.
I'm going there in 2 weeks time and I still haven't book the hotel! read the stars hotel website, the listed price for a double room per nite is NT$2400 leh...works out to be S$100++...how come the great difference in pricing?
Old 04-11-2005, 01:28 AM   #2544

just make sure you dont pay to get to the top of taipei 101. really nothing much to see up there. felt really cheated. found out later from some friends that they felt the same way when there was no outdoors opened on top like Empire State. Waste of $ for sure.
came back from taipei last week

forget going to the top...NT350 ($18) for a 37 sec ride...
even the tour guide advised against it...somemore if u suay suay rainy days all u see is clouds...

shopping...nothing there that cant be found in singapore not forgetting its probably priced higher than in SG

would only recommend the foodcourt at 101....classy looking and damm big...
love the mango shaved ice...quite a big serving for NT120..fresh mango is somehow frozen one...not like those in RaoHe...ice cream is nice too...near the exit of the foodcourt basement
Old 04-11-2005, 09:44 AM   #2545

Pop star promotion / autograph-signing events Posted by CC at TA:

Nov. 5 (Sat.): Red Ribbon AIDS Foundation Concert - 1:00PM in Ximending
Nov. 6 (Sun.):Jay Chou - 1:00PM in Ximending, in the square in front of the Red Theater (SW corner of Ximending Circle)
Nov. 13 (Sun.): May Day - 4:00PM in Ximending, in the square in front of Watson's

http://www.g-music.com.tw/event/storesp/storesp.asp
Old 04-11-2005, 10:00 AM   #2546

1. Anyone been to Alishan? are tours to alishan easily avaliable from Taichung? cause i intend to go straight to Alishan from taichung, skipping chiayi

Are you planning to go to Sun Moon Lake?? I read somewhere that there is a route directly from there to Alishan, I think. Otherwise unless you are driving, you got to go through Chiayi.

2. Is there a highway to link Alishan or Taichung to Hualien..That means cross island.
The Cross Island link is there but No Public transport covering that route. Cab will be really expensive. Are you driving?? Here is the current road conditions from Taichung to Hualien
Scroll down to appropriate section:

Road Conditions of the Highway from Taichung (Puli ) to Hualien via Toroko

3. Is it possible to cover Yangming Shan, Yeliu and Danshui in the same day?
If you leave for Yeliou in the early morning about 8am and come back about 1pm then to YMS till 5 ~6pm then to Danshui

Last edited by nuttyazn; 04-11-2005 at 10:03 AM..
Old 04-11-2005, 10:07 AM   #2547

They have opened the 91st floor for the Outdoor Observatory but the entry is NT100/-- more. Anyway, I got better things to do with my NT450/-
Old 04-11-2005, 10:13 AM   #2548

Hi Everyone, i need some help on my trip to taiwan. I am planning a 14 day trip to taiwan in Dec. I have booked the hotels place i want to go, but not planned the exact itinerary yet. I am planning to stay 2 nites in Jiufen and 2 days in Hualien.
PLease help. thanks
You mentioned you already booked your rooms in Jioufen, Any Link to that place and how much are you paying per night??
Old 04-11-2005, 07:57 PM   #2549

I am staying at Longmun ke zhan 九份民宿龍門客棧. Its cost NT1200 per nite during weekdays and NT1600 during weekends. I went to yahoo.com.tw forum and a lot of pple recommend this. I have attached the website below, but its in chinese
http://www.minsuking.com/welcome53/h4.htm
Old 04-11-2005, 11:14 PM   #2550
Supremacy Member

came back from taipei last week

forget going to the top...NT350 ($18) for a 37 sec ride...
even the tour guide advised against it...somemore if u suay suay rainy days all u see is clouds...

shopping...nothing there that cant be found in singapore not forgetting its probably priced higher than in SG

would only recommend the foodcourt at 101....classy looking and damm big...
love the mango shaved ice...quite a big serving for NT120..fresh mango is somehow frozen one...not like those in RaoHe...ice cream is nice too...near the exit of the foodcourt basement
normally if u go with tour they don't really bring u to the shopping area, best is u got a taiwanese friend
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.