HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2005, 09:30 AM   #2566

ya man, looking fwd for ur pics too....1 more mth to my taipei trip!...yeah man!

btw bros....as mentioned i was thinking to watch guessx3 liveshow...but im leaving taipei on mon 6pm flight...so i have to extend a day if i want to watch it....here comes the prob....as i cant be sure tat i could watch the show until i reach taiwan...i really hav a headache on whether to extend my trip 1 more day for the show( nid to apply for leave sia)... scared tat i'd not get to watch the show after i applied 1 more day leave....

any suggestion on wat should i do?...is it a waste if i dun watch the show?(i love guessx3 sooo much)....

*headache*
Old 10-11-2005, 06:55 PM   #2567

Lol, i guess i reach thru the whole thread 4th time le ever since i started planning my itinery for Taipei. As its a 4 days trip only, its really hard to plan with so many nice recommendation by all bros. I have some doubts:

1) Wat are the opening hours of WuFenPu where most shops are open? Some said that Sat is not a good time, some said its good to go there at noon. Is it opened on Sundays? As for Monday, is it mostly for wholesale dealers or we can go too without much prob.

I am plannning to use 1300 hrs - 1600 hrs on Saturday for WufenPu cos i am planning Jiufen+keelung after that (which is quite packed adi) and was wondering if all shops in WuFenPu will be available from 1300-1600.

2) What time does the Taipei underground mall (Front Station Mall and Taipei metro mall) operates? Is it ok to plan to visit there for shopping from late morn to early noon?

3) I understand that its highly recommended to visit danshui by sunset to get good scenery and pictures. We can watch the sunset from Danshui old street or at Yu Ren Ma Tou? M i rite to say that we have to take busfrom Danshui MRT to Old street and from old street, we take bus or ferry to Yu Ren Ma Tou?

Thanks for helping!
Old 10-11-2005, 09:12 PM   #2568

Hi,

1) I am plannning to use 1300 hrs - 1600 hrs on Saturday for WufenPu cos i am planning Jiufen+keelung after that (which is quite packed adi) and was wondering if all shops in WuFenPu will be available from 1300-1600.
Earlier on,some shops on the Street (Main Roads are open but the main inside market area not till after 4pm) Best not to go on Monday.Every other day from 4.30pm~ 11pm Do Jioufen and Keelung in the day(earlier in the morning )and come back to Taipei for Wufenpu and Raohe Street Mkt.

2) What time does the Taipei underground mall (Front Station Mall and Taipei metro mall) operates? Is it ok to plan to visit there for shopping from late morn to early noon?
After 10.30 is good especially Metro mall. You can lunch there as well. Indonesian, Filipino Western and Local .Abt NT120+ per head Max

3) I understand that its highly recommended to visit danshui by sunset to get good scenery and pictures.
Check the weather before you go there, if the whole day is going to be grey and cloudy then anytime is okay. You can walk to the Old street and then after that take the Red 26 to Fisherman's wharf.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:13 PM   #2569

scared tat i'd not get to watch the show after i applied 1 more day leave....

any suggestion on wat should i do?...is it a waste if i dun watch the show?(i love guessx3 sooo much)....

*headache*
call up guessx3 and confirm got recording 1st. den decide on the following.

1. push ur tour to taipei 1 day later so u can return 1 day later and u can catch guessx3
2. apply 1 more day. the recording is fun! the 1 day leave definately worth it and i pretty sure u will be able to make full use of this extra 1 day to do more sightseeing or shopping
Old 10-11-2005, 11:54 PM   #2570

below are my actual Itinerary.

Day 1 - 30 Oct - Sunday
2215 Arrived in Taipei. Take Freego Bus to Taipei station than take Taxi to Hotel.
2400 Check in One star hotel, quite late just walk around the hotel and have some noodles.

Day 2 - 31 Oct - Monday
0730 Ximenting Breakfast.
0900 Buy train ticket to Hualien for 01/11 at Taipei Train Station
1000 Beitou à Hotspring at Bai Lei Hui for NT 1,200 / 2hrs.
1230 Went to Hotspring Museum but it is close on Monday. Lunch near the MRT Station
1430 Danshui àLao Jie for shopping
1630 Take Ferry to Yu Ren Ma Tou (Lover's Bridge). Bridge was lighted up ard 530pm.
2100 MRT back to Ximenting for Ah Zhong Mian Xian.

Day 3 - 01 Nov - Tue
0600 Morning train 0645 to Hualien (left luggage at One Star Hotel)
1000 People from Minsu pick us up and help us arrange for tour around Huailien. (Tour fee 1,100NT for 2 pax – lunch not included and boring places with nothing interesting in our opinion)Best of the best they send a 40 seater coach and there is only me and my wife.
1500 Cycling (bicycle from Mingsu) along the sea side till 1830hrs, sky turn too dark for safe cycling
1900 Dinner at Nan Bing Night Market (food not nice and very small) and went back to Mingsu for the day.

Day 4 - 02 Nov - Wed
0800 Tour at Toroko (NT1,980/2pax – lunch included) in Hualien…
1730 Train to Taipei Main Station
2045 Reach Taipei, take MRT back to Ximenting and check in back to One Star hotel.
2130 Ximenting for Ah Zhong Mian Xian before proceeding to Shilin Night Market.

Day 5 - 03 Nov - Thru
0830 Ximenting Breakfast.
0900 Train to Zhong Hsiao Fuxing, take a bus to Ruifang then change another bus to Jinguashih – Gold Museum.
1130 Take bus to Jiufen for their famous fishball, Or Ni and shopping
1600 Leave Jiufen for Keelung – Miao Kou night market (direct bus around 1hr trip)
1720 Keelung à Miao Kou Night Mkt, Lots of variety of seafood.
2045 Take a direct bus from Keelung to Taipei Main Station for NT 102 for 2pax
2130 Shop around Ximenting before heading back to Hotel,

Day 6 - 04 Nov - Friday
0830 Ximenting Breakfast .
0900 Lungshan Temple
1030 CKS memotial Hall. See the changing guard parade.
1200 Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall
1330 Back to hotel, becos very tired. We take a one hour nap.
1530 Leg massage at Ximenting.
1700 Wu Fen Pu wholesale mkt. ( HoushanPi MRT, along Zhong Hsiao Rd, 5 min walk ..)
1830 Rao He Nite Mkt ( Songshan Railway statin exit, walk across the bridge to RHNM )
2200 Back to Hotel, too tired to go Ximenting / Shilin

Day 7 - 05 Nov - Sat
0900 Breakfast at hotel.
1030 Go Wulai, Ming Yue hot spring, NT900 for 1 hr, shop ard than we take the mini train uphill to see the Waterfall.
1800 Shilin shop and maka.

Day 8 - 06 Nov - Sunday
0900 Too lazy so we take Breakfast at hotel.
1030 Go 101 and NYNY
1200 Back to Ximenting to catch Jay Chou concert
1500 Go Wu Fen Pu again, becos my wife still not shop enough
1730 Shilin shop and maka …

Day 9 - 07 Nov - Monday
0930 Breakfast at hotel.
1030 Pack luggage and check out hotel.
1130 Last min shopping than bus to Airport and home sweet home…

Wl post the photo later ...
Old 11-11-2005, 09:21 AM   #2571

1200 Back to Ximenting to catch Jay Chou concert
1500 Go Wu Fen Pu again, becos my wife still not shop enough
1730 Shilin shop and maka …
You went to Wufenpu at 3pm on Sunday, were all the shops insde the Market open then?? This is useful info!!
Old 11-11-2005, 10:20 AM   #2572

Hi,

1) I am plannning to use 1300 hrs - 1600 hrs on Saturday for WufenPu cos i am planning Jiufen+keelung after that (which is quite packed adi) and was wondering if all shops in WuFenPu will be available from 1300-1600.
Earlier on,some shops on the Street (Main Roads are open but the main inside market area not till after 4pm) Best not to go on Monday.Every other day from 4.30pm~ 11pm Do Jioufen and Keelung in the day(earlier in the morning )and come back to Taipei for Wufenpu and Raohe Street Mkt.

After 10.30 is good especially Metro mall. You can lunch there as well. Indonesian, Filipino Western and Local .Abt NT120+ per head Max

3) I understand that its highly recommended to visit danshui by sunset to get good scenery and pictures.
Check the weather before you go there, if the whole day is going to be grey and cloudy then anytime is okay. You can walk to the Old street and then after that take the Red 26 to Fisherman's wharf.
Thanks for your help, Nutty! More Qns for your guidance pls:

1) Wat other night markets beside shihlin and Raohe is worth going? i heard that Huaxi is mainly selling snakes for eating (not interested). Is there any other large night market in taipei which can let us shop and eat to heart contend?

2) I heard that shihlin can open up till 2.00am. if i take cab fr there back to rainbow hotel, it only cost me NT$200 rite?

3) Any famous Ma La Huo Guo to recommend? No need nice posh restaurant but good place that have good reviews.

Thanks a lot.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:00 PM   #2573

hi everyone.... me back too....

was a very very tired trip.... leg nearly break into half man....

yo nutty....... really tks for all the useful info u provide... i use all ur info and get ard the places.... can u imagine w/o all the bus no and where to take... i will be super lost there.... i didnt manage to get any maps wor.... so duno how to walk ard...

yo jazz.... wow ur wife still manage to find clothes at wufenpu hur... i only bought 2 tops and 1 pants for myself there leh... cos all the clothes seem to be more for winter liao leh...

but i bought a few skirts at shilin night market and cheap blouses there too

best is the bags i bought from danshui..... wow i bought about 8 for myself man.... :p hubby said so cheap buy lah... dun consider so much... so i grab alot lor... kekeke
Old 11-11-2005, 04:48 PM   #2574

You went to Wufenpu at 3pm on Sunday, were all the shops insde the Market open then?? This is useful info!!
Yes, it is Open on Sunday and in fact it is more crowded than Thursday which i went.
And according to them, the shops open from 1pm till 12am+ ....
When i went on Thu, there wasn't much sale, but when i went on Sun, more items are on sales, price start from NT100... But there isn't much thing for Guy, all long sleeve.

Remember when u shop there, don't just go to one shop and buy everything there, check ard the price ard. Eg one shop sell the long skirt (my wife bought one) at NT 480 and some sell as low as NT300..
Old 11-11-2005, 04:54 PM   #2575

hi everyone.... me back too....

was a very very tired trip.... leg nearly break into half man....

yo nutty....... really tks for all the useful info u provide... i use all ur info and get ard the places.... can u imagine w/o all the bus no and where to take... i will be super lost there.... i didnt manage to get any maps wor.... so duno how to walk ard...

yo jazz.... wow ur wife still manage to find clothes at wufenpu hur... i only bought 2 tops and 1 pants for myself there leh... cos all the clothes seem to be more for winter liao leh...

but i bought a few skirts at shilin night market and cheap blouses there too

best is the bags i bought from danshui..... wow i bought about 8 for myself man.... :p hubby said so cheap buy lah... dun consider so much... so i grab alot lor... kekeke
Ha, how is the weather for the last few days there?
My leg almost break into half ... so we go for the foot massage .. did u go?
when we went Danshui on Monday, the shop selling the NT50 bag was close for stock take ... so my wife didn't bought any bag from there, but bought 4 bags from Miao Kou Nite Mkt at NT 100 each.

Last edited by blackjazzboy; 11-11-2005 at 05:07 PM..
Old 11-11-2005, 11:23 PM   #2576

Below are some of the photos i took ...

Shop outside Xin BeiTou MRT Station

on the way to Bai Lei Hui saw some kids dress up nicely, so took the photo ..

Bai Lei Hui hotspring resort i went at Xin BeiTou
Old 11-11-2005, 11:30 PM   #2577

Hi BlackJazz, regqrding the hot srping u went to, is it nice and recommended? How much was it?
Old 11-11-2005, 11:30 PM   #2578

this room cost NT1200 for 2hrs ...

Hotspring museum .. but was close on Monday
Old 12-11-2005, 12:05 AM   #2579

Danshui Lao Jie

This is very nice, don't forget to try the petter biscuit when yr at Lao Jie
Old 12-11-2005, 12:08 AM   #2580

Lover Bridge at Yu Ren Ma Tou

Light up at night

Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.