HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-11-2005, 12:31 AM   #2596
Master Member

Jiu Fen is in Day 2 already. Chiufen.....different spelling only

Dan Shu and Yu Ren Ma Tou near each other? wat can we do there? thanks!
yu ren ma tou is at dan shui.. go there see sunset...
Old 14-11-2005, 10:12 AM   #2597

1) Is there any concession card since i predict i'll be taking a lot of their jie yun

They have a one day pass for unlimited travel on the MRT ONLY @ NTD150 + NT50 Deposit = NTD200

2) I read that Guang Hua Shang Chang is at Ba De Road. But i see from map that road got many section. Exactly where is the building? How to get there?
Zhongxiao/Xinsheng MRT Stop, Exit 4, Turn right and walk up to the Traffic Lights - 2 mins. You can see the "Guanghua" under the Overpass. After 10am and It is closed on 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of every month.

3) I understand there are also whale watching (dolphin watching?) activities in Yi Lan. Any ideas on that? Also, are there any nearby places of interest to visit in Yi Lan?

Whale Watching & Turtle Island:
http://www.ez666.com
Old 14-11-2005, 08:58 PM   #2598
Supremacy Member

Like to get some advice from you guys,

As i know taroko offers 3 routes (land, mountain, ocean).
Is it possible to complete all 3 routes in a single day? (As im interested to see the gorge as well as the whales)

Assuming i take the earliest train ride from taipei to hualien, can i do the whale watching in the morning, then gorge in the afternoon. Then at nite go walk walk around the nite market before taking the last train back to taipei.

Possible?
Old 14-11-2005, 10:55 PM   #2599

Like to get some advice from you guys,

As i know taroko offers 3 routes (land, mountain, ocean).
Is it possible to complete all 3 routes in a single day? (As im interested to see the gorge as well as the whales)

Assuming i take the earliest train ride from taipei to hualien, can i do the whale watching in the morning, then gorge in the afternoon. Then at nite go walk walk around the nite market before taking the last train back to taipei.

Possible?
Hi,
Dont understand the first part. But you can do Toroko and Hualien Night Market and return to Taipei Late. Toroko is mostly Hiking trails.

Whale watching on the same day is impossible.
Old 14-11-2005, 11:24 PM   #2600
Supremacy Member

Sorry ah ... i meant to ask, i won't be able to spare a night's stay in Hua Lien so thought of completing 'Taroko' and whale watching all in a day. Really not possible?

So if say i missed the whale watching in Taroko, I am also thinking of travelling to I Lan for the whale watching session in the morning through afternoon and rush back to Taipei for the 'Guess Guess Guess' recording on the Monday when i arrived in Taipei? Enough time? Also, are there recommended activities in I Lan or the areas nearby?

Is Shi Fen and Yeh Liu close to each other? Can i plan a morning through afternoon for them? Any other nice places nearby to recommend?

I'm now planning Jin Gua Shi, Jiu Fen, Ji Long and Miao Kou in the same day? Any more places or after acttivities to recommend after which?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by ralfale; 14-11-2005 at 11:26 PM..
Old 15-11-2005, 12:01 PM   #2601

ralfale:

The Hualien Website says whale watching season ends in October. So you can email those people in Ilan and find out the curent situation.

Shi Fen And Yeilou is not that close: Yeliou is North of Keelung and the Others :Shifen, Jiofen, JInguashi are south of Keelung.

Start early : Leave about 8 am, the go to Yeliou then head for Keelung to change bus for Joiufen and Jingauashi finish this and the bus to Rueifang then train to Shi fen, from Shifen to Keelung by train.

I-lan :
http://tourism.e-land.gov.tw/
Old 15-11-2005, 01:31 PM   #2602
Supremacy Member

ralfale:

The Hualien Website says whale watching season ends in October. So you can email those people in Ilan and find out the curent situation.

Shi Fen And Yeilou is not that close: Yeliou is North of Keelung and the Others :Shifen, Jiofen, JInguashi are south of Keelung.

Start early : Leave about 8 am, the go to Yeliou then head for Keelung to change bus for Joiufen and Jingauashi finish this and the bus to Rueifang then train to Shi fen, from Shifen to Keelung by train.

I-lan :
http://tourism.e-land.gov.tw/

Thank you!

Is Yeh Liu worth a visit then?

So how about Wu Lai? I'm planning for a single day to Wu Lai (to see waterfall, hotspring, wu lai old street and aboriginal village) alone? Makes sense cos i was thinking there is no need to spend such a long time? If a day is too long, where are the nearby attractions recommended?
Old 16-11-2005, 01:50 PM   #2603

If you in Taipei over the coming weekend.:

Watch out for performances by MAY DAY and Wu Ke Qun (on November 19 at the South Square of Ximending),

If you are coming here before the end of this year:
Taipei Ximen Festival:
http://www.shimen-walker.com/shop/

Other exciting events on December 11 (a rock concert) and December 17 (a charity sale).
Ciao for now.

Last edited by nuttyazn; 16-11-2005 at 01:57 PM..
Old 16-11-2005, 01:57 PM   #2604

Thank you!

Is Yeh Liu worth a visit then?

So how about Wu Lai? I'm planning for a single day to Wu Lai (to see waterfall, hotspring, wu lai old street and aboriginal village) alone? Makes sense cos i was thinking there is no need to spend such a long time? If a day is too long, where are the nearby attractions recommended?
Yeliou is worth it as it is quite different, you dont really haye to spend too long a time there.
I have noticed people missing out on Yeilou. Only one person was honest enough to say that he could not get up and went to Jiufen e.t.c. giving Yeliou a miss.

Wulai- I think is about a half day tour , not longerunless you are plannning a 2 hrs Hotspring spell. . On the way back form Xinadian , you can stop by the Gongguang Market at the Gongguang MRT - Exit 4.
Old 16-11-2005, 02:31 PM   #2605
Storm Trooper

If you in Taipei over the coming weekend.:

Watch out for performances by MAY DAY and Wu Ke Qun (on November 19 at the South Square of Ximending),

If you are coming here before the end of this year:
Taipei Ximen Festival:
http://www.shimen-walker.com/shop/

Other exciting events on December 11 (a rock concert) and December 17 (a charity sale).
Ciao for now.
That's cool. Any idea what time is the concert? I will reach Taipei at 12.40pm at airport. Hope can make it for the concet!
Old 16-11-2005, 02:40 PM   #2606

I will post if I get further Info but in most cases they start after 1pm . Anyway, I will also check out what up on Sunday. Normally lots of Happenings after 1pm till about 4.30 - Events in different locations around Ximenting. (You can also check with the Hotel reception on info)
Old 16-11-2005, 08:59 PM   #2607
Supremacy Member

Yeliou is worth it as it is quite different, you dont really haye to spend too long a time there.
I have noticed people missing out on Yeilou. Only one person was honest enough to say that he could not get up and went to Jiufen e.t.c. giving Yeliou a miss.

Wulai- I think is about a half day tour , not longerunless you are plannning a 2 hrs Hotspring spell. . On the way back form Xinadian , you can stop by the Gongguang Market at the Gongguang MRT - Exit 4.

Thank you.

Say, if i were to stop by Gong Gang (night?) market after Wu Lai, you think i will still be in time for the Guess Guess Guess recording at night? What is famous at Gong Guang?

Also, i will be counting down to the new year, how do you think i can spend the night? Thought of joining the countdown concerts ... how do i go about getting information about the concerts going on?
Old 16-11-2005, 09:07 PM   #2608

guess who i saw at Shilin?

Jay Chou at Ximenting

Sweetie at Ximenting a the same day same timing

Old 16-11-2005, 09:11 PM   #2609

Photo taken at WuLai

Waterfall at Wulai
Old 16-11-2005, 09:12 PM   #2610

Sorry ah ... i meant to ask, i won't be able to spare a night's stay in Hua Lien so thought of completing 'Taroko' and whale watching all in a day. Really not possible?

So if say i missed the whale watching in Taroko, I am also thinking of travelling to I Lan for the whale watching session in the morning through afternoon and rush back to Taipei for the 'Guess Guess Guess' recording on the Monday when i arrived in Taipei? Enough time? Also, are there recommended activities in I Lan or the areas nearby?

i think u still not very clear with where is taroko rite? it is at hualian. if u going taroko, u'll have to take train from taipei ard 7am and will reach hualian at ard 10am. den u follow whichever coach or cab to tour the taroko gorge. it will take u 5hrs from 11 - 4pm or even later. so it make it impossible to go Ilan or even rush back to taipei to catch guessx3! my suggestion is tat u take 1 day to explore hualian or take the 5pm train back to taipei and visit a night market aft tat.

if hualian's whale sighting season ended, i doubt Ilan will still have it too. maybe u'll need to check the website on this.

Is Shi Fen and Yeh Liu close to each other? Can i plan a morning through afternoon for them? Any other nice places nearby to recommend?

if u take keelung as a centre point, yeliu is north of keelung while shifen is south of keelung. it is far but should be able to complete within a day. leave taipei at 8am, visit yeliu den jiufen, jinguashi/shifen, keelung. (i think u only have enuff time to cover either JGS or shifen)

I'm now planning Jin Gua Shi, Jiu Fen, Ji Long and Miao Kou in the same day? Any more places or after acttivities to recommend after which?

squeeze everything into 1day with the above. no point coming back to the same place for 2day unless u staying overnite at the hotel there

Thanks in advance!
2cent worth~
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.