HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-11-2005, 04:27 PM   #2626

where can i get a map of taipei online??
where is Chengde Road?? stayin in Santos hotel...
i wana knw if its near any gd shoppin area or night market?
I was staying at Santos Taipei 2 months ago.
The staff there are very polite and rooms are big and very clean.

Do not know whether is their tradition or not, guess what when we checkin,
one of the staff even sent us to the lift, wait for us to enter and bow at us like what japanese usually does. During checkin, they even gave us 2 glass of lime water while waiting for them to process our checkin.

Breakfast is international buffet type, not bad.

less than 5mins walk to MingQuan W MRT.

7 Eleven is just next to the hotel, very convenient.
Old 18-11-2005, 08:46 PM   #2627
Master Member

Anyone been to this resort (涵碧楼 ) in Sun Moon Lake? Look like very nice place!

http://www.thelalu.com.tw
Old 18-11-2005, 11:03 PM   #2628
Storm Trooper

Hi, anyone know how the weather like in Taipei? Leaving tomorrow Sat at 8am.

Here's a tentative itinery, any comments? Thanks!

Day 1 (Noon):
Check in hotel at Ximending, shop/concert? , Miramar ferris wheel, any nite market nearby?

Day 2:Guided Tour
Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall
Martyrs Shrine
National Palace Museum
Mao Princess House
Tienlu Handicraft Centre
Chiufen
Peitou Hot Spring
Shihlin Nite Market

Day 3 :
Morning - Taipei 101 + New York New York + Warner
4pm Wu Fen Pu wholesale mkt. (Is open on Mon and what time?)
Night - Rao He Nite Mkt

Day 04 Taipei - Singapore ( Breakfast ) - Flight departs at 3.20pm
Morning- Taipei Main Station
1pm - Airport
Old 18-11-2005, 11:41 PM   #2629

A Singaporean Forumer Titaniums at Trip Advisor posted this today:Very informative especially about fares.:
Hi Nuttyazn,
let's see, i planned the Yehliou trip on my 6th day. Here's what i did.
I boarded the Guoguang Yehliou bus, around 8.45am, at booth 19 costing me NT92 one way.
Trip was around 80mins, and i stopped at the Yehliou stop and walked about 10-15mins to the Yehliou tourist park. You need to pay an entrance fee of NT50 to go into park to see the beautiful blue sea and rock formations. In that area, not in the park, you will also see a Marine park, a much smaller version of the marine world in ocean park where there are dolphins performances.
After taking my photos i crossed the road to where i alighted and boarded the bus to Keelung town centre. Its actually the last stop and it cost me NT44, we alighted along the Keelung harbour where you will see a building with Starbucks and Burger King. I crossed the road using the overhead bridge to the other side and took the bus to Jinguashi. It cost me NT50 but i stopped at the Rueifang train station, (ask the driver to inform you when to alight as there aren't stops indication unlike the ones in Taipei and danshui). At Rueifang train station you will see a small shop selling snacks, etc. PEOPLE, get your Jinguashi Admission Ticket here. It cost NT80 for off peak and notice that at the bottom right side of the card there are four cloumns that you can tear out. You can take FREE rides within Rueifang for 4 times with that. The driver will tear one at a time when you board the bus, just pass the green card to him. It saved us the bus money when we did that. We took the bus to Jinguashi to see the history of goldmining but its a pity we missed the slot to dig for gold! I think they have 2-3 times slots i only remember the one at 2.30pm. After that we used the same card to travel down to Jiufen and bought many Taiyang Bing! After that we used the same card to return to Keelung. Sad to say we didnt manage to go to Shifen waterfalls as it was getting dark as days are shorter and it became dark very soon. (NOTE : although we used the same card but the driver made us top NT $24 per person as the card was only good within Rueifang.) After stopping at the same bus stop, i.e the Keelung Harbour we crossed the overhead bridge where you will see alot of white Guoguang buses and they have buses going straight back to Taipei main station at NT51.((Anyway, anyone who wants to go to Shifen my advice would be to go there before you head for Jinguashi and especially Jiufen as you would have so much to carry if you buy things. Take the train to Shifen and walk about 15-20mins along the track and it will lead you to the waterfalls.))
My advice to other travellers,
1)Get your coins ready as exact change is needed, no change given, you are supposed to slot them into the transparent box beside the diver.
2)When unsure ask the bus drivers or look out for the bus heading, they will tell you where they go.
3)If possible, check out the train timetables for the timing of the train to Shifen. They will help in your planning.
Overall we had sufficient time to walk around, if you want to spend more time shopping or taking more shots leave Taipei earlier. The buses leaving from Taipei to Yehliou are available every 20mins.
Old 18-11-2005, 11:46 PM   #2630

Hi, anyone know how the weather like in Taipei? Leaving tomorrow Sat at 8am.

Here's a tentative itinery, any comments? Thanks!

Day 1 (Noon):
Check in hotel at Ximending, shop/concert? , Miramar ferris wheel, any nite market nearby?

Day 2:Guided Tour
Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall
Martyrs Shrine
National Palace Museum
Mao Princess House
Tienlu Handicraft Centre
Chiufen
Peitou Hot Spring
Shihlin Nite Market

Day 3 :
Morning - Taipei 101 + New York New York + Warner
4pm Wu Fen Pu wholesale mkt. (Is open on Mon and what time?)
Night - Rao He Nite Mkt

Day 04 Taipei - Singapore ( Breakfast ) - Flight departs at 3.20pm
Morning- Taipei Main Station
1pm - Airport
Hey,
Weather is cool to cold.17C~18C now.

Do the 6 pm Wu Fen Pu wholesale mkt. Night - Rao He Nite Mkt on Day 1

Monday is not a good day to go to Wufenpu.
On Monday Taipei 101 + New York New York + Warner , Then The Dunhua MRT underground mall. Moramar Ferris Wheel and later you can go to Gogguang MRT stop for the Gongguang Market.This is where the National Taiwan University Students hang out and buy stuff.There is also a street there witha lot of food stalls. Or head backtoShihlin if you did not complete the place with the tour.

Last edited by nuttyazn; 18-11-2005 at 11:52 PM..
Old 19-11-2005, 12:22 AM   #2631
Storm Trooper

Thanks so much for your recommendation. What can we do on last day besides shopping? Hehe....any other recommendation? I will change Wufenpu to Sat then.
Old 19-11-2005, 11:36 AM   #2632
Supremacy Member

anyone been to the new taipei xiao ju dan? any photos?
Old 22-11-2005, 01:37 PM   #2633

HI Guys and Gals,

I was talking to the CTV people. It seems that the Jacky Wu recordings is twice every alternate Monday. At 2pm ~ 6pm and 7pm ~ 11pm NOT every Monday, so call before you go there. Arrive half an hour earlier is best for better seating.
Old 22-11-2005, 10:53 PM   #2634

Transport to and from CKS to Ximenting Hotels by puffish at TA:

Free Go Bus Company

"bigger coach bus will txf btw taipei city area and cks airport.
minibus will take you to the hotel from drop-off pt. efficient transfer. zero waiting time btw txf for me.
onestar hotel is a designated destination on their brouchure. other xi meng ding hotels incl. rainbow, kilin, ferrari."
contact Mr Tai 0925-822-819 to arrange for transportation back to airport.
Old 23-11-2005, 02:31 AM   #2635

Transport to and from CKS to Ximenting Hotels by puffish at TA:

Free Go Bus Company

"bigger coach bus will txf btw taipei city area and cks airport.
minibus will take you to the hotel from drop-off pt. efficient transfer. zero waiting time btw txf for me.
onestar hotel is a designated destination on their brouchure. other xi meng ding hotels incl. rainbow, kilin, ferrari."
contact Mr Tai 0925-822-819 to arrange for transportation back to airport.
Just came back from Taipei.
FreeGo Bus is NT135/pax one way.
When going to hotel, minibus drops u off at individual hotel.
But when going back to airport, you may need to meet at designated point for pick-up. I stayed at OneStar and the pick-up point is Dong-Long which is nearby. People from Rainbow hotel also go to this pick-up point. If it is raining, it can be quite a hassle to drag ur stuff there
Old 23-11-2005, 02:32 AM   #2636

HI Guys and Gals,

I was talking to the CTV people. It seems that the Jacky Wu recordings is twice every alternate Monday. At 2pm ~ 6pm and 7pm ~ 11pm NOT every Monday, so call before you go there. Arrive half an hour earlier is best for better seating.
Yeap. I missed it. Was in taipei 21 Nov and there wasn't recordings.
Old 23-11-2005, 09:15 AM   #2637

Just came back from Taipei.
FreeGo Bus is NT135/pax one way.
When going to hotel, minibus drops u off at individual hotel.
But when going back to airport, you may need to meet at designated point for pick-up. I stayed at OneStar and the pick-up point is Dong-Long which is nearby. People from Rainbow hotel also go to this pick-up point. If it is raining, it can be quite a hassle to drag ur stuff there
i ask the onestar hotel to book for me and the minibus pick us up from our hotel .. but i hv to pay slightly more ex... NT160/pax.

also when yr reach the airport, get the tourist pass or book from the information counter, when u buy the Freego tickit, tear the coupon from the tourist pass/book ( can't remember which pg ), there is a discount of 10% or 15% ( can't really remember ..but sure got discount)
Old 23-11-2005, 10:31 AM   #2638

Hi BlackJazz, regqrding the hot srping u went to, is it nice and recommended? How much was it?
hi phoria, didn't saw yr post, i already stated the price on the attach picture, but it wl cost more if u go on the wkend ... u can also ask them to let u look at the room first, if don't like than go to another resort ... hope it help ... so when u going?
Old 23-11-2005, 06:53 PM   #2639
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yeap. I missed it. Was in taipei 21 Nov and there wasn't recordings.
I miss it too when I was in Taipei but I went to 'Zhong Yi Da Ge Da' recording the next day instead.

No lag, just flap flap!

Last edited by waitforyou; 28-11-2005 at 01:20 PM..
Old 24-11-2005, 09:09 AM   #2640

Hi guys,

I'll be going down to taiwan next week, doing some backpacking..

Itinerary
Taipei (1st - 4th day) danshui (san dimingo fort), shilin yeshi, ximenting, yangming san,
nantou (4th - 6th day) sun moon lake
Hualien (6th - 8th day)
Kaohsiung (8th - 10th day)

I'll be camping around @ kaohsiung international airport on the 9th night as my flight back to SG is 0910.

I have already booked a hostel in taipei costing ard 16SGD a night.
Cheapest hotel i can find in kaohsiung is about 31USD a night.

Can anyone recommend me some mingsu in nantou and hualien.
Any hostel/cheap hotel around kaohsiung area?

Any nice places to visit for the following places?

Cheers =)
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.