HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-11-2005, 09:47 AM   #2656

wow...the scenery is so great.....makes me want to go there now...........

haha,....i m going to taiwan in jan 06.....hmm...is there anyone who can help me in my itiernary? want to have advice...hahaha...thanks.

1st of all, thaniks to nutty for introducing me to this website!!!! was trying to get info at yahoo.com.sg msg board when he directed me here....thanks so much!

hee hee....i have read thru most of the post here....it's has been so enriching....however, i still need help with my itiernary....cos everywhere in taiwan just seem so great! and i have to pack a lot of places into a few days...haha

I'm going over on the 5th Jan. Will reach ard 5pm.

My plans for that day(5th Jan) will be going to Wufenpu,Raohe,Zhonghsiao area. to cover that stretch of area.

2nd day(6th Jan)
Go Taipei Sea World(heard some said no good;should I go?)
Maybe Yang Ming Shan
Then Tian Mu
Then go Beitou for hot spring(is it better to go for hot psirng in the day or night time?)
Then go Danshui(Fisherman's Wharf & Lovers' Bridge)
After that go Keelung for seafood
Then to Shilin
***Will I have enough time?

or alternative 2nd day trip(cos u guys said that better not to go Keelung, Jiufen,Danshui on weekend)
Go Jiufen, Ruifang then Keelung(hmm i read from some posting that they r near;is this order good)
Then Dan Shui
Then Beitou
And maybe Shilin if got time

3rd-5th day(7 Jan-9th Jan afternoon)
Go outside of Taipei
Perhaps go Hualien, Kaohsuing, Yilan or Taroko Gorge
*** This is the part whereby I m most confused cos some of the postings stated that must overnite at least 1 day at these places.
I would like to cover these few places but dunno how to plan.
***also would like to stay at some minsu to experience the life there)

5th day(9th Jan)
Back from whatever places
o for Guessx3 recording in the afternoon(at Kunyang rite?)
Then Miramar,Taipei 101, New Yorkx2, e area at Taipei City Hall,
Then go to Ximenting
Then KTV at Cashbox

6th day(10th Jan)
My fren flying back to S'pore at nite
Maybe go to some theme park eg:Leofoo Village
Or go for some shopping
***pls recommend

7th - 8th day(11-12th Jan)
I m staying at Taiwan till 12th evening.
***Any places to recommend to go?

In addition, hmm...i would like to squeeze in some time to go to a theme park cos taiwan is so famous for its theme park. Which are the several ones that i die die must go and see? Cos read some posting saying that Leofoo is not so good......And which day you guys would recommend me to go? How the itiernary should be like? Can help me squeeze in my itiernary? hahahaha

haha...also, hmm....is there any interesting places that I miss out? Cos spend so much $$$ over there so would like to ensure that I cover as much as I can.

Anything interesting in the nearby places of Taipei that i should go? Eg: in Taoyuan, Hsinchu,Miaoli, Taichung or any other places?

Also, any places that offer horse-riding experience?

Lastly, is there any other recording that i can go for?

haha...sorry for the long posting. and thanks to everyone who helps me!!!! thanks!!!!!
Old 30-11-2005, 12:08 PM   #2657

End of this week to early next week !! Cold:
12/01 12/02 12/03 12/04 12/05 12/06 Date

17~24 16~23 17~22 11~18 10~16 10~17 C
Old 01-12-2005, 01:29 AM   #2658

Suggestions Needed :)

Hi everyone!

The posts here are amazing! I'm heading to Taipei next Thur, Dec 8. Here are my very rough plans for this short trip:

Day 1
Reach Taipei around 5pm, by the time check into East Dragon hotel should be around 7pm plus. Intend to just walk around Ximending and go Shilin for makan and shopping.

Day 2
Shopping day! Will take train to the Zhong Xiao areas, explore the shopping districts, Taipei 101, Underground malls etc. Proceed to Wu Fen Pu for more shopping and probably Raohe night market. Any advice on how else I can make better use of the day?

Day 3
Relaxing time. Proceed to Beitou for hotspring. Must I make any bookings before I go down? Which private baths are recommended? Will then move on to Danshui, then Yu ren ma tou. Are they within walking distance? Am planning to go on the Miramar Ferris Wheel too... is it near Danshui? After that can take a shuttle to Shilin and experience the weekend night market.

Day 4
Last day, departure at 6 plus pm. Do I take a bus, like Freego, back to the CKS airport? If so, where should I go to and what time should I be there? Haven't planned what to do for the last day apart from walking around the Ximending area near hotel.

Pls give me advice on how I should improve on my iternary and make it a more wonderful experience. Any help is really much appreciated!

Many thanks ppl!!!
Old 01-12-2005, 10:17 AM   #2659

Hi Everyone,

After reading from the previous posts, I'm able to find so many useful information for my trip to Taiwan. Thanks....

Can someone please advise me how to travel from Holiday Taoyuan Hotel at Taoyuan to Wufenpu cos I will be travelling with tour for 7 days in Taiwan and my first day will be at Taoyuan (Free Day).

I will be reaching Taiwan ard 1240hrs and by the time I check-in to hotel should be 1330hrs. Thought of going to Wufenpu and Raohe Nite Market during my free day. Or shd I stay and explore Taoyuan cos I'm not sure where to go for shopping at Taoyuan.
Old 01-12-2005, 12:22 PM   #2660

Hi Everyone,

Can someone please advise me how to travel from Holiday Taoyuan Hotel at Taoyuan to Wufenpu cos I will be travelling with tour for 7 days in Taiwan and my first day will be at Taoyuan (Free Day).

I will be reaching Taiwan ard 1240hrs and by the time I check-in to hotel should be 1330hrs. Thought of going to Wufenpu and Raohe Nite Market during my free day. Or shd I stay and explore Taoyuan cos I'm not sure where to go for shopping at Taoyuan.
HI,
Good idea,

No real hurry for you. Spend a couple of hours in Taoyuan, there is a new Mall there.Then You can take the TRAIN from Taoyuan Railway Station to Sung-Shan Station .(Abt 45 mins Fare abt NT$63) They have 3~4 trains every hour. One side is Wufenpu and the other side is Raohe St NM. You do Wufenpu first , then Raohe, and take the train Back to Taoyuan. Return:
After 9pm, 5 trains, After 10pm - 3 trains, 11pm - 2 trains.
Last two trains are at : 11.10 and 11.14 PM
10 pm trains at : 10.09 , 10.32 and 10.43PM
Old 01-12-2005, 01:18 PM   #2661

hi can anyone help me? thanks.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:40 PM   #2662

Talking

HI,
Good idea,

No real hurry for you. Spend a couple of hours in Taoyuan, there is a new Mall there.Then You can take the TRAIN from Taoyuan Railway Station to Sung-Shan Station .(Abt 45 mins Fare abt NT$63) They have 3~4 trains every hour. One side is Wufenpu and the other side is Raohe St NM. You do Wufenpu first , then Raohe, and take the train Back to Taoyuan. Return:
After 9pm, 5 trains, After 10pm - 3 trains, 11pm - 2 trains.
Last two trains are at : 11.10 and 11.14 PM
10 pm trains at : 10.09 , 10.32 and 10.43PM

Hi Nuttyazn,

Thanks for your quick reply . I was having headache over this matter.

Shd I explore Ximenting on my last day since my departure flight is 1520hrs and most properly be staying at Kilin Hotel which is near Ximenting. Not sure whether I have enough time to travel to Taipei 101 and NYNY for shopping before leaving for the airport.
Old 01-12-2005, 04:15 PM   #2663

hi can anyone help me? thanks.
Still have time, Will reply over the weekend Dont worry.
Old 01-12-2005, 08:38 PM   #2664

Hi Nuttyazn,

Thanks for your quick reply . I was having headache over this matter.

Shd I explore Ximenting on my last day since my departure flight is 1520hrs and most properly be staying at Kilin Hotel which is near Ximenting. Not sure whether I have enough time to travel to Taipei 101 and NYNY for shopping before leaving for the airport.
flight 1520 den u have to leave by 1400 or even earlier so that u all have time to shop in airport. so i think u only got time to shop in ximending ba~ u might wanna go 101 earlier to take some pics but no shopping cos they open after 10am
Old 01-12-2005, 09:02 PM   #2665

wow...the scenery is so great.....makes me want to go there now...........

haha,....i m going to taiwan in jan 06.....hmm...is there anyone who can help me in my itiernary? want to have advice...hahaha...thanks.

1st of all, thaniks to nutty for introducing me to this website!!!! was trying to get info at yahoo.com.sg msg board when he directed me here....thanks so much!

hee hee....i have read thru most of the post here....it's has been so enriching....however, i still need help with my itiernary....cos everywhere in taiwan just seem so great! and i have to pack a lot of places into a few days...haha

I'm going over on the 5th Jan. Will reach ard 5pm.

My plans for that day(5th Jan) will be going to Wufenpu,Raohe,Zhonghsiao area. to cover that stretch of area.

by the time u check in, 7pm already. reach wufenpu ard 7.45pm see u shop till wat time but i think jan still selling winter clothing so nothing much ba. leave for raohe ard 9pm den cover zhongxiaodonglu after 10 till last train. (dun think can cover whole stretch)

2nd day(6th Jan)
Go Taipei Sea World(heard some said no good;should I go?)
Maybe Yang Ming Shan
Then Tian Mu
Then go Beitou for hot spring(is it better to go for hot psirng in the day or night time?)
Then go Danshui(Fisherman's Wharf & Lovers' Bridge)
After that go Keelung for seafood
Then to Shilin
***Will I have enough time?

YMS will u the whole morn till 12pm after tat go tianmu shopping awhile and leave for danshui should be ard 3pm. danshui and yurenmatou will finish ard 7pm dun think its adviceable to go keelung after tat. too far away! more than 1hr travelling time if u wan. so best if u stick to going shilin. if u think shilin too early den u can visit miramar ferris wheel 1st.

or alternative 2nd day trip(cos u guys said that better not to go Keelung, Jiufen,Danshui on weekend)
Go Jiufen, Ruifang then Keelung(hmm i read from some posting that they r near;is this order good)
Then Dan Shui
Then Beitou
And maybe Shilin if got time

take train u will reach ruifang 1st but there nothing much so u can proceed to jiufen in the morning. spend ard 2-3 hrs there den go keelung. ard 3pm go danshui via keelung train station. u will reach ard 4.30pm. maybe go yurenmatou 1st den back to danshui to shop and eat. ard 8pm u can go xinbeitou for nite hotsprings. soak for 2hrs+ and leave ard 10+. if u wanna go shilin also cant shop for long. at most 1hr so better go back to somewhere near ur hotel to shop. e.g ximending

3rd-5th day(7 Jan-9th Jan afternoon)
Go outside of Taipei
Perhaps go Hualien, Kaohsuing, Yilan or Taroko Gorge
*** This is the part whereby I m most confused cos some of the postings stated that must overnite at least 1 day at these places.
I would like to cover these few places but dunno how to plan.
***also would like to stay at some minsu to experience the life there)

if u juz planned to go taroko, u can come back to taipei within a day. 3hr train travel and 5hrs tour den 3hrs back. kaoshiung too far away. need more time to travel over so u have to stay overnite there if u choose it as ur destination

5th day(9th Jan)
Back from whatever places
o for Guessx3 recording in the afternoon(at Kunyang rite?)
Then Miramar,Taipei 101, New Yorkx2, e area at Taipei City Hall,
Then go to Ximenting
Then KTV at Cashbox

miramar is not in same route with kunyang and xinyi area so u have to travel all the way up to jiantan for miramar den travel all the way back to cityhall. so go miramar when u going for shilin as they are both at jiantan station. KTV try partyworld ba~ better reviews

6th day(10th Jan)
My fren flying back to S'pore at nite
Maybe go to some theme park eg:Leofoo Village
Or go for some shopping
***pls recommend

shopping areas u should have covered most of it ba~ zhongxiaodonglu, xinyi area, wufenpu, shilin, tianmu, underground malls, guanghua etc

maybe u can visit wulai for waterfall etc

7th - 8th day(11-12th Jan)
I m staying at Taiwan till 12th evening.
***Any places to recommend to go?

taipei u should have covered most of tourists spots. u may wanna travel out of taipei~ e.g sun moon lake

In addition, hmm...i would like to squeeze in some time to go to a theme park cos taiwan is so famous for its theme park. Which are the several ones that i die die must go and see? Cos read some posting saying that Leofoo is not so good......And which day you guys would recommend me to go? How the itiernary should be like? Can help me squeeze in my itiernary? hahahaha

some themeparks are closed during certain season. e.g the ba xian le yuan is closed during winter.

http://202.39.225.133/theme/english/map.htm

or u can try beach

http://www.g-bay.com.tw/htm/01.htm#

haha...also, hmm....is there any interesting places that I miss out? Cos spend so much $$$ over there so would like to ensure that I cover as much as I can.

Anything interesting in the nearby places of Taipei that i should go? Eg: in Taoyuan, Hsinchu,Miaoli, Taichung or any other places?

8days trip can cover taipei, hualian and taichung

Also, any places that offer horse-riding experience?

Lastly, is there any other recording that i can go for?

tues go for dageda recording

haha...sorry for the long posting. and thanks to everyone who helps me!!!! thanks!!!!!
since nuttyazn not free den i reply u 1st ba

Last edited by hongge; 01-12-2005 at 09:08 PM..
Old 01-12-2005, 09:19 PM   #2666

Hi everyone!

The posts here are amazing! I'm heading to Taipei next Thur, Dec 8. Here are my very rough plans for this short trip:

Day 1
Reach Taipei around 5pm, by the time check into East Dragon hotel should be around 7pm plus. Intend to just walk around Ximending and go Shilin for makan and shopping.

Day 2
Shopping day! Will take train to the Zhong Xiao areas, explore the shopping districts, Taipei 101, Underground malls etc. Proceed to Wu Fen Pu for more shopping and probably Raohe night market. Any advice on how else I can make better use of the day?

morn go CKS memorial hall den go zhong xiao. after raohe if too early can go shilin or ximending shop

Day 3
Relaxing time. Proceed to Beitou for hotspring. Must I make any bookings before I go down? Which private baths are recommended? Will then move on to Danshui, then Yu ren ma tou. Are they within walking distance? Am planning to go on the Miramar Ferris Wheel too... is it near Danshui? After that can take a shuttle to Shilin and experience the weekend night market.

no booking needed. yurenmatou quite far away so best still take bus26 over. miramar is at jiantan station. on the way back from danshui will pass by so can drop off and take shuttle bus over

Day 4
Last day, departure at 6 plus pm. Do I take a bus, like Freego, back to the CKS airport? If so, where should I go to and what time should I be there? Haven't planned what to do for the last day apart from walking around the Ximending area near hotel.

yes, take freego back or guo guang bus. buy a 4.30 bus ticket. travelling time ard 1hr

Pls give me advice on how I should improve on my iternary and make it a more wonderful experience. Any help is really much appreciated!

maybe u can push hotspring to last day's morning so that on day3 u can go jiufen

Many thanks ppl!!!
some review
Old 01-12-2005, 11:07 PM   #2667

flight 1520 den u have to leave by 1400 or even earlier so that u all have time to shop in airport. so i think u only got time to shop in ximending ba~ u might wanna go 101 earlier to take some pics but no shopping cos they open after 10am

airport has nice things to shop huh?
Old 01-12-2005, 11:11 PM   #2668
Storm Trooper

haha...when you missed out some presents for people, you will realised that the airport's duty free shop is a blessing....
Old 01-12-2005, 11:32 PM   #2669

haha...when you missed out some presents for people, you will realised that the airport's duty free shop is a blessing....
One of the best places to buy give away type of presents is at the Taipei Main Station - Taipei City Mall after 10.30am.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:35 PM   #2670

Hey, Hongge, Thanks.

You also had a pretty good tour so you can advise properly, No need to wait for me. This Dageda Recording is at the same place and same times but on Tuesday??
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.