HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-01-2006, 09:12 AM   #2911
Supremacy Member

so u r recommending to take a night train to hua lien and stay in the fan dian..after whh nex morning go for tour..and finally take the night train back? correcT?

where can i find travel agencies for hua lian? in hua lian itself or should do it in taipei?
Yes, i would recommend that so that you can take up the full day tour to cover Hua Lien. As for the tour package, there are several options.

1. You can book the tour which i took from the Qian Tai Fan Dian itself for 700NTD.

2. You can visit the tourist information centre (which is also in front of the train station) for tour packages.

3. You can also flag cab drivers to take you around. We found this rather bo hua if you are travelling in twos cos the tour fare will be split by two nia. Say. if you are travelling in a group of 4, it's more worth it cos the tour fare can then be shared by 4 people. There was this cab driver that quote my gf and myself 2,200NTD for a 1/2 day tour which i think is expensive.

My firend got a better lobang. Her sister and herself were charged 2,000NTD for a full day tour by cab. You can contact Mr Liu Wen Hua at 0919-281878.
Old 14-01-2006, 11:22 AM   #2912

Thanks nutt was waiting for ya reply hehe

One last thing, was thinking of squeezing Wufenpu and Raohe night market (from previous posts)... can I get there easily from say, Taipei 101 area or Taipei Main Station.

Many thanks again, look forward to telling you guys how it went when I get back!
If you check this post from Taipei or the Airport:

In Front of Warner Village, take the bus 184 directly to Wufenpu. After Wufenpu, cross the road at the Songsang Railway Station and use the overhead bridge to get to Raohe St on the other side. After Raohe St. take the train (NOT MRT) To Taipei main station -NT18- Last train at 11.50.
Old 15-01-2006, 12:05 PM   #2913

Notice:

GuangHua Electronic Market is Officially closed today after 30 years.A lot of the shops will be moving to a Place on Chinsan S Rd, I will post address and directions when I have it .
Old 15-01-2006, 10:06 PM   #2914

do pple go hot spring during summer?
will be there at ard middle may period. is the weather too hot for hot spring?
Old 15-01-2006, 10:23 PM   #2915
Supremacy Member

do pple go hot spring during summer?
will be there at ard middle may period. is the weather too hot for hot spring?
Ya, i supposed so. I went for hotspring bath when i was there in May three years back. It was alright cos after the bath, you will feel definitely refreshed!
Old 15-01-2006, 10:42 PM   #2916

Notice:

GuangHua Electronic Market is Officially closed today after 30 years.A lot of the shops will be moving to a Place on Chinsan S Rd, I will post address and directions when I have it .
but the street there still sells alot of electronic stuffs rite?
Old 15-01-2006, 10:55 PM   #2917

Ya, i supposed so. I went for hotspring bath when i was there in May three years back. It was alright cos after the bath, you will feel definitely refreshed!
yeah go to those with water jets/sprays massages.. have a hot spring bath in the evening... u sure will have a nice sleep later.!!

(",)
Old 15-01-2006, 11:04 PM   #2918
Supremacy Member

yeah go to those with water jets/sprays massages.. have a hot spring bath in the evening... u sure will have a nice sleep later.!!

(",)

Yes, it is!

Last edited by ralfale; 16-01-2006 at 08:33 AM..
Old 16-01-2006, 12:41 PM   #2919

but the street there still sells alot of electronic stuffs rite?
Correct. Pateh Rd Sec 1. The "Fixed" Electronic retailers will still be there. From the news yesterday, they will not move very far from the current location.

Here's the full story including the Plans for the Shops:
Taipei bids adieu to Kuanghua Market
http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/biz/.../16/2003289300

Last edited by nuttyazn; 16-01-2006 at 11:41 PM..
Old 16-01-2006, 11:25 PM   #2920

for the hot spring at xinbeitou..when they say they have couple hot spring..it means tt they redirect the water up to hotel room or its juz a smaller hot spring in the building itself?

how much are the charges for hot spring roughly?
Old 16-01-2006, 11:39 PM   #2921

for the hot spring at xinbeitou..when they say they have couple hot spring..it means tt they redirect the water up to hotel room or its juz a smaller hot spring in the building itself?

Correct, they redirect the water from the Springs into the private rooms.

The rates vary depending on the establishment. For the rates some of the current forumers can advise you better , Me not being a hot spring/jacuzzi/bathtub kind of guy!!
Old 17-01-2006, 01:09 PM   #2922
Supremacy Member

We went to Ya Tai hotspring hotel (Asia Pacific in English i think) and took up the package for 1,000NTD for an hour of hotspring bath in the private room (or couple room). This price comes with two hours of free usage for the public bath after the hour of private bath. In addition, this price (or promotion ?) is valid only on weekdays. The attraction is, we are able to take the free shuttle bus from outside the hotel to Bei Tou Jie Yun station after your bath which saved us some hassle to walk to the Xin Bei Tou Jie Yun station.
Old 17-01-2006, 04:10 PM   #2923

do u all think i should book my tix in these few days or should i wait till they have promo to taipei if i'm travelling in mid may?
Old 17-01-2006, 10:12 PM   #2924

Wait is better as you still have time. In another forum,a guy got a great deal for his trip but got the Hyatt Hotel . So if you have another of those Natas or travel fairs, you can see what on offer. Atleast you have the advantage of knowing what to cover in Taiwan on F&E through this forum and approximate prices for expenses,hotels e.t.c.
Old 20-01-2006, 12:30 AM   #2925

Wait is better as you still have time. In another forum,a guy got a great deal for his trip but got the Hyatt Hotel . So if you have another of those Natas or travel fairs, you can see what on offer. Atleast you have the advantage of knowing what to cover in Taiwan on F&E through this forum and approximate prices for expenses,hotels e.t.c.
okie..shall heed your advise and postpone the pruchase of airtix
btw..when do u think its the latest i should wait till? maybe 1.5mths b4 flying?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.