HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-01-2006, 09:14 PM   #2926

okie..shall heed your advise and postpone the pruchase of airtix
btw..when do u think its the latest i should wait till? maybe 1.5mths b4 flying?

yeah yeah i start to do my survery and research of getting my tix around 2 months before.... i got the tic a month later...
so shouldnt a prob.

meanwhile.. u can check for promos on natas tour fair... maybe can get good bargain there..!!

happy planning.!! ;P

taiwan a nice place to visit.
Old 23-01-2006, 12:02 PM   #2927

hi everyone...

i finally finished the 196 pages... i am really very impressed with the info... will post my itinerary for you guys' comments after i finalised some details.. before that, need some help here... will be going Taiwan in mar and thot of going Alisan, Ri Yue Tan before proceed back to Taipei, from Taitung.

But so far, i din hear anything abt Taitung.. can someone help me on this:

1. Will be travelling via train from Hualien to Taitung, in view of the scenic views along the way. But i am stuck here.. how to get to Alisan from Taitung?

2. Is Taitung worth the journey cos i read tat we can go alisan from hualien...

3. How to proceed to Ri Yue Tan from Alisan?

4. What is the duration like for the Ri Yue Tan (Nantou) back to Taipei?

Any kind souls out there... please assist.. thanks..
Old 24-01-2006, 11:20 PM   #2928

http://crazy_azn1.tripod.com/taiwan/id11.html

oh god...is this in taipei? its so beauty.anyone?
Old 24-01-2006, 11:22 PM   #2929

yeah yeah i start to do my survery and research of getting my tix around 2 months before.... i got the tic a month later...
so shouldnt a prob.

meanwhile.. u can check for promos on natas tour fair... maybe can get good bargain there..!!

happy planning.!! ;P

taiwan a nice place to visit.
if i were to book thru natas...it would means tt i have to go with travel agency rite?
are their free and easy truely free and easy? that is...basically they provide only accom and airtix.
Old 25-01-2006, 08:20 AM   #2930
High Supremacy Member

Booking free and easy i might as well book my own air tickets and hotels.. cheaper and more choices
Old 25-01-2006, 11:58 AM   #2931

http://crazy_azn1.tripod.com/taiwan/id11.html

oh god...is this in taipei? its so beauty.anyone?
That's in the Hsinchu area. The Address and Map is also there. About 1.5 hrs away from Taipei City.
Old 25-01-2006, 01:23 PM   #2932

Way to Go!! Singaporeans.

Last year, an unprecedented 3.37 million foreign tourists visited Taiwan, marking growth of 14 percent year-on-year and moving a step closer toward the government's goal of luring 5 million visitors by 2008.

All major markets in the region reported marked growth in tourism, with the biggest increase from Singapore, at 42.17 percent

Keep on trucking!!!
http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/biz/.../23/2003290403
Old 25-01-2006, 08:22 PM   #2933
Arch-Supremacy Member

hey.. wanna ask if guo guang hotel is better? i see the price until i luan.. den the room types also confusing.. can i know wads the rate for rainbow hotel also? thx..
Old 25-01-2006, 08:38 PM   #2934

if i were to book thru natas...it would means tt i have to go with travel agency rite?
are their free and easy truely free and easy? that is...basically they provide only accom and airtix.
hello tama,

my last trip to taiwan was basically stay in taipei....
cos i wanna experience the city and nite life at the north..

travel agency do provide free N easy. and i had took up the offer..

actually wat my package of FnE includes were...
2 and fro China Airline Tics..
Airport Tax
2 and fro airport transfer...
4 nites hotel stay for about 3star hotel (near ximending)
4 daily breakfast...
free tour to Jiufen, beitou spring bath, yelieu,and shilin ( these are optional)
and these cost me a price tag of S$730

the free n Easy last for 5 days 4 nites.

all while i roamed around on my own.. so no tour guides or agency disturb in between.

unless if u are travelling off far away from taipei.. like going to kaohsiung etc.. then fNE package from agent not very wise choice.. cos u will waste ur hotel stay at taipei.

anyway.. hope tis tips helps u

happy holidays.!!
Old 25-01-2006, 09:05 PM   #2935
High Supremacy Member

Last year May i spend only $400 per pax for 7 day 6 nite stay at taipei.. $300 for return air ticket and $100 for hotel
Old 25-01-2006, 11:53 PM   #2936

Last year May i spend only $400 per pax for 7 day 6 nite stay at taipei.. $300 for return air ticket and $100 for hotel
100bucks for 6 nights?
u live in those mingshu?
Old 26-01-2006, 03:41 PM   #2937

erm... no one can assist on my questions?

hi everyone...

i finally finished the 196 pages... i am really very impressed with the info... will post my itinerary for you guys' comments after i finalised some details.. before that, need some help here... will be going Taiwan in mar and thot of going Alisan, Ri Yue Tan before proceed back to Taipei, from Taitung.

But so far, i din hear anything abt Taitung.. can someone help me on this:

1. Will be travelling via train from Hualien to Taitung, in view of the scenic views along the way. But i am stuck here.. how to get to Alisan from Taitung?

2. Is Taitung worth the journey cos i read tat we can go alisan from hualien...

3. How to proceed to Ri Yue Tan from Alisan?

4. What is the duration like for the Ri Yue Tan (Nantou) back to Taipei?

Any kind souls out there... please assist.. thanks..
Old 26-01-2006, 08:54 PM   #2938

I just came back from 13D/12N in Taiwan yesterday Taiwan land transportation (i.e. train/bus) is so efficient and on time that I managed to do Alishan, Green Island (Taitung) and Hualien in 6-7 days - no rush at all!

1. From Chiayi (i.e. Alishan) to Taitung, easiest way is to take train to KaoHsiung and there will be many connections to Taitung. A more scenic route would be morning bus from Tainan to TienChi on the South Cross-Island Highway. You will have to change bus at TienChi to Taitung around noon, and yes you will have still have to take a bus from Chiayi to Tainan.

2. The east coast scenary is best on a bus rather than train, as the train tracks are little inland and goes through lots of tunnels compared to the road which is hugging the coast. Best part arre the QingShui Cliffs just north of Hualien and also the part just south of Hualien. Having said that there's currently NO bus between Taipei and Hualien (company closed down!).

3. Taitung is a sleepy little town with nothing much to do other than being the departure point for Green Island (Lu Dao) and Orchid Island (Lanyu Dao). Lu Dao is very beautiful - scenary almost like parts of Europe. If you're a scubadiver, it is one of the top divesites in Taiwan (the other being Orchid Island).

4. It will really save you lots of $$$ if you can ride a scooter. Me and my friend rented scooters at NT250-400/day at various places and we explored fully places like Green Island and Taroko Gorge and we had more flexibility than taking a tour. Taiwanese bikes are really easy to handle but avoid the big cities like Taipei if you are a rookie!

5. Sorry can't offer much advice on Sun Moon Lake as the last time I was there was more than a decade ago!

Enjoy your trip!

erm... no one can assist on my questions?
Old 26-01-2006, 09:47 PM   #2939

100bucks for 6 nights?
u live in those mingshu?
ermmm if Nakedtoes get 100 for 6 nites tats fantastic.!! maybe u can ask where to get the offer..
u can save a big deal from ur coming trip .!!

as for me.. i quite comfortable with my offer at that time..
letting the agent do all the stuff.. no no complaint on cost.
jus enjoy my trip alone over at taipei.

maybe my next trip i all approach Nakedtoes for tis offer hehee..
good deal
Old 26-01-2006, 11:39 PM   #2940

Hi Guys and Gals,

It's been nice knowing you all online. You are all really great.
I would like to wish all of you The very best for the Year of the Dog.

Xin Nien Kuai Le

Last edited by nuttyazn; 26-01-2006 at 11:41 PM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.