HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2006, 10:13 AM   #3106

Hi Leslie,

Surprised on the Flowers. Some others found it "great" .
Te Malls in Xinyi, Now18, Warner Village, NYNY, Singkong Mitsukoshi (Across the road)
Did you go for a dip at a hot spring: If so, How was it and where did you go?

Between the Station Front Mall and the Taipei Main Station,There is a new shopping Mall underground,The New World something, saw it yesterday.That Singapore restaurant is there : Treasure something, doing quite well!! Mostly food here a few shops, nothing great.

Last edited by nuttyazn; 04-03-2006 at 10:19 AM..
Old 04-03-2006, 10:15 AM   #3107

The Easy card is good for the MRT and Bus.
If you switch from the MRT to Bus or vice versa within an hour of Exit, you get an automatic discount.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:16 AM   #3108
Banned

Hi Leslie,

Surprised on the Flowers. Some others found it "great" .
Te Malls in Xinyi, Now18, Warner Village, NYNY, Singkong Mitsukoshi (Across the road)
Did you go for a dip at a hot spring: If so, How was it and where did you go?

Between the Station Front Mall and the Taipei Main Station,There is a new shopping Mall underground,The New World something, saw it yesterday.That Singapore restaurant is there : Treasure something, doing quite well!! Mostly food here a few shops, nothing great.
Yeah those were the malls I went to!

Didn't take a dip.. my gf didn't wanna go for it so we walked around the Beitou area before taking a bus up Yangming

New World Shopping Centre.. thats the name I think. I went to that particular restaurant. There're 2 outlets that are opposite each other. Its by some Imperial group. Ramen is good but dumplings.. I'd just say go for those @ Crystal jade in Singapore. Mister Donut there is doing exceptionally well though.
Old 04-03-2006, 12:06 PM   #3109

Correct,Mr Donut had a queue a mile long,all students!!

Imperial Treasure and Crystal Jade ,I read a report in the Straits Times online . They are related to each other or one of the partners split and set up IT. Very interesting report.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:47 PM   #3110

juz wondering whether do they have dunkin donuts or krispy kreme donuts over there?
Old 04-03-2006, 06:50 PM   #3111

Day THREE

Breakfast @ the Taipei Station Front underground mall

Transferred to Hotel Flowers @ Huai Ning St

Shin Bei Tou Hot Springs area

Yangming Mountain

Fishermen's Wharf

Shilin once again for shopping and dinner

got enough time to go back shilin for shopping and dinner? did u all see the lighting up of that lover's bridge?
Old 04-03-2006, 11:16 PM   #3112
Banned

got enough time to go back shilin for shopping and dinner? did u all see the lighting up of that lover's bridge?
Very packed schedule but it can be done. Red 26 bus to Xin Bei Tou station and from there to Jiantan was rather fast. The lighting @ Fishermen's Wharf comes up @ about 6 IIRC.

Got to Shilin @ 8+
Old 05-03-2006, 11:01 AM   #3113

People going Taiwan soon can please please please PM me? I wanna buy just one Dopod 577W battery, and hope someone can help me because it's the ONLY country selling the spare batt for the 577W, or the Dopod 577W phone for that matter!
Old 06-03-2006, 10:54 PM   #3114

Oh!Oh! No Guess 3 recording on the 13th Next on the 20th March
hi nuttyazn,

any other recording as I will be at Taipei from 8 to 14 Mar... actually planned to go see the 13 mar recording... thank you...
Old 07-03-2006, 08:26 PM   #3115

Hi all the Taipei experts here, I intend to plan a Taiwan Trip this coming July or August. After surfing all these, I realised that last year 2004, Typhoon attacked during these months. How about this year? How is the weather during these 2 months?
Thanks a lot for any advice...
Old 07-03-2006, 09:01 PM   #3116

hi nuttyazn,

any other recording as I will be at Taipei from 8 to 14 Mar... actually planned to go see the 13 mar recording... thank you...
Hi, Sorry to say the next recording will be on the 20th. However there is always other entertainment going on here: Look through this list for events :

http://www.g-music.com.tw/event/storesp/storesp.asp

http://www.mtvchinese.com/News/Event/Index.html

A bit of rain over here and the temp will be between 18C ~25 C dropping after a few days to 14C ~22C. You will need a medium weight Jacket during this period. Bring a couple of extra tshirts, so if you really feel cold,wear layers. Or just buy a new Jacket or Coat, Sale at KUDA stores city wide from NTD390/-up (presuming you are a babe!!)
Old 07-03-2006, 09:04 PM   #3117

Hi all the Taipei experts here, I intend to plan a Taiwan Trip this coming July or August. After surfing all these, I realised that last year 2004, Typhoon attacked during these months. How about this year? How is the weather during these 2 months?
Thanks a lot for any advice...
HI,
It will Hot.

Typhoons are not predictable but we always get good advance notice when they do come. Mostly they are gone within 24 hrs. No need to worry too much as Taipei city is situated in a Valley.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:39 PM   #3118

Hi, Sorry to say the next recording will be on the 20th. However there is always other entertainment going on here: Look through this list for events :

http://www.g-music.com.tw/event/storesp/storesp.asp

http://www.mtvchinese.com/News/Event/Index.html

A bit of rain over here and the temp will be between 18C ~25 C dropping after a few days to 14C ~22C. You will need a medium weight Jacket during this period. Bring a couple of extra tshirts, so if you really feel cold,wear layers. Or just buy a new Jacket or Coat, Sale at KUDA stores city wide from NTD390/-up (presuming you are a babe!!)
hi nuttyazn,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Was there to tour Taiwan last year Apr, did asked you for advice too (don't think you can rem rite? that time was at yahoo travel forum). Anyway, now going to Taipei for more shopping & eating... yes, me gal... bought a few jackets plus long sleeves there last year...

Cheers...
Old 08-03-2006, 08:41 AM   #3119

HI,
It will Hot.

Typhoons are not predictable but we always get good advance notice when they do come. Mostly they are gone within 24 hrs. No need to worry too much as Taipei city is situated in a Valley.
Thank you for your reply. So I guess I can safely proceed with my advance purchase of tickets bah...so scare that the stupid typhoons will spoilt my whole trip becos I intend to plan a 7D6N one....long enough to cover most of the shopping and sight-seeings.
haha.....I'm quite kiasu lah....going to start planning now....
Old 09-03-2006, 11:25 AM   #3120

A bit of rain over here and the temp will be between 18C ~25 C dropping after a few days to 14C ~22C.
the temp in taipei nw is perfect!!!
too bad it will be summer when i'm travelling there on mid may
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.