HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-03-2006, 11:45 AM   #3286

Or you could do Danshui and Fisherman's Wharf first then go and relax in the "Private " Room for a dip and a meal.
The Asia Pac also have a free pickup every 45 mins from Beitou MRT stop.
Uhmm..think I prefer to go dip 1st..but actaully what so great about all this dips huh...so exp and what's this benefits...hehe...then proceed to fisherman wharf...so that we can make it back to either Shilin or XMD for some pubs drinking..
Old 30-03-2006, 03:42 PM   #3287

Uhmm..think I prefer to go dip 1st..but actaully what so great about all this dips huh...so exp and what's this benefits...hehe...then proceed to fisherman wharf...so that we can make it back to either Shilin or XMD for some pubs drinking..
I have no idea!! Many people like it, it is supposed to be theraputic .

I went once many years ago and did not find it special. I find my Cigarette, coffee and if there are a couple of girls on the either side of me to be most therapeutic!! Pub crawling is also very therapeutic.

For Clubbing and pubs , check out these - posting again :

What's on in Taipei

The happening joints:

Plush and Party Room (formerly 911), on the 12th floor of Living Mall.
Plush
Partyroom

Room 18
台北市松壽路22號B1 (Neo19 Bldg)
Room 18 /

http://dict.revised.moe.edu.tw/
Old 30-03-2006, 08:13 PM   #3288
Master Member

..but actaully what so great about all this dips huh...so exp and what's this benefits...
I also wonder why peple like to go to hot spring. Singapore is already HOT enough.
Old 30-03-2006, 09:34 PM   #3289
Zeo

Cool

wah 7D6N cover the whole island like abit hiong ah, i going for 6D5N i maybe wana spend one day in hualien only ... hehe mus enjoy the whole taipei .. got time den go back again cover other places .... imo lar
Haa~
I'm going for 6D5N too & I'm not going anywhere further than Jiu Fen/Keelung~!

I also wonder why peple like to go to hot spring. Singapore is already HOT enough.
Hot spring is rather diff.
The minerals in the water plus the heat actually helps to detoxify the body.
Dat time behind sembawang airbase also alot of ppl go soak leg, wash body ah.
I watch news even got ppl brought bathtub there!!!
Anyway, found some info on it.

Beneficial Effects of Hotspring Bathing:

Chemical Effects
* Pharmaceutical Effects: The various chemical elements contained in hotspring water can be introduced to the body either by bathing or by drinking.
* Effects on Physical Fitness: Different hotsprings have different medical effects. Hotsprings range from springs emitting low amounts of radioactivity to alkaline and salt water springs. The spring water is said to strengthen the body and improve the immunity system. s

Physical Effects
* (1) Temperature: Stimulates the metabolism and the blood circulation, improves detoxification of the body, relaxes the muscles and bones, and refreshes the whole body.
* (2) Water Pressure: Pressure of the hotspring water massages the body
* (3) Buoyancy: Floating in hotspring water relaxes the whole body and lightens up the spirit. It is an effective treatment for people with physical inability.

Psychological Effects
* Soaking in hotspring water while surrounded by beautiful mountain scenery can refresh your body as well as your soul.

Last edited by Zeo; 30-03-2006 at 09:51 PM..
Old 30-03-2006, 10:54 PM   #3290
High Supremacy Member

Haa~
I'm going for 6D5N too & I'm not going anywhere further than Jiu Fen/Keelung~!

Hot spring is rather diff.
The minerals in the water plus the heat actually helps to detoxify the body.
Dat time behind sembawang airbase also alot of ppl go soak leg, wash body ah.
I watch news even got ppl brought bathtub there!!!
Anyway, found some info on it.

Beneficial Effects of Hotspring Bathing:

Chemical Effects
* Pharmaceutical Effects: The various chemical elements contained in hotspring water can be introduced to the body either by bathing or by drinking.
* Effects on Physical Fitness: Different hotsprings have different medical effects. Hotsprings range from springs emitting low amounts of radioactivity to alkaline and salt water springs. The spring water is said to strengthen the body and improve the immunity system. s

Physical Effects
* (1) Temperature: Stimulates the metabolism and the blood circulation, improves detoxification of the body, relaxes the muscles and bones, and refreshes the whole body.
* (2) Water Pressure: Pressure of the hotspring water massages the body
* (3) Buoyancy: Floating in hotspring water relaxes the whole body and lightens up the spirit. It is an effective treatment for people with physical inability.

Psychological Effects
* Soaking in hotspring water while surrounded by beautiful mountain scenery can refresh your body as well as your soul.
hmm when are u going ... ? yah i dun wana travel too far away coz my 5 nights hotel all in taipei .. travel too far off the time is also spent on travelling itself ..
Old 31-03-2006, 12:38 AM   #3291
Zeo

Cool

hmm when are u going ... ? yah i dun wana travel too far away coz my 5 nights hotel all in taipei .. travel too far off the time is also spent on travelling itself ..
I'm going on coming Sat, 1st Apr.
Taking Jetstar. Reach there 6plus-7pm, if all things go smooth sud reach city ard 8pm.
Check into Paradise hotel, settle down, go haf a bowl of Ah zhong mian xian.
Then take MRT to Shilin walk walk. Return to hotel ard 2330hr.

2nd day wake up 0930hrs, go down McDonald's eat breakfast.
Ard 1000hrs go Taipei Main Station area walk2 look2 see2.
At noon, take train to Zhong Xiao Dun Hua MRT to haf buffet lunch @ Xi Duo Wu (Ming Yao Dept Store). Suppose to surpass our Pariss Restaurant here.
After lunch will go Wu Fen Pu, shop till drop or dinner time. Whichever come first.
Cross over Songshan train station to Rao He nite market.
And if still haf time or energy, drop by Tong Hua Street nite market.

3rd day wake up 1000hrs go find breakfast, then proceed to railway station to take train to Ruifang. Upon reaching change bus up to Jiufen. Find lunch.
Explore old street till 1700hrs, then take bus to keelung.
Walk ard abit then go Miao Kuo nite market find dinner.
2200hrs take train back (or bus? which better?)

4th day 0830hrs wake up. As usual, find breakfast.
Take MRT to XinBeiTou. Find a decent & cheap Tang Wu to soak.
After dat go Hell Valley see see, then go Hot Spring Museum.
Sud be hungry liao, take MRT to Danshui station.
Go old street to look for food. Buy a carton of tie dan.
Then take a boat ride to Yu Ren Ma Tou. Take some pics b4 & after lights up.
Find some seafood to eat. Take bus back to old street for dinner part 2.
If got time, drop by Shilin nite market again.

5th day, morning dunno wat to do yet. But will go 101 take some pics & walk ard dat area.
Then if my wife can't get enuff of Wu Fen Pu still can revisit.
After lunch go Jiantan to Taipei Sea world then maybe astronomy museum too.
1700hrs take shuttle bus to Miramar see Ferris wheel.
Then go back Shilin nite market once again.

6th day walk ard Ximending
Till check out. I requested for late check out.
Anyway, how early muz check in for flight uh?
1825hr flight muz check in wat time?

Well, datz my trip. Hope everything goes well....
Oh yah, is it feasible to stroll from Ximending up to Taipei Main station to Zhong Xiao Dun Hua? Can't gauge from maps....

Last edited by Zeo; 31-03-2006 at 02:07 AM..
Old 31-03-2006, 09:09 AM   #3292

Anyone been to Sun Moon Lake before? Worth going despite the hassle?
Will it be easier and nearer to go there from Taichung? I intend to go Taichung straight from the Taipei airport 1st and from there to Sun Moon Lake, so I need to find a cheap accomodation. Since its just a one-night stay, I only need a somewhere cheapest and nearest to the train station. Any reccomendation? Pls advise on the transport as well. Anywhere to shop and dine at night at Taichung? How's the night market there? I need some reviews.
Thank you for all the kind reply!!
Old 31-03-2006, 09:39 AM   #3293

been to SML in Jan 06......hmm...for me personally, didn't felt that it's really worth e trip & time down there....cos i really went down there all e way for taipei....but if u r nearby eg: taichung,puli, then no harm going there.....

but that's my biased view cos that time, i only maanged to tour ard e lake for a very short while...and didn't set foot upon e pagoda at e top of the hill....i guess e sight should be very beautiful......and with so many ppl and tour agencies goinmg there...i guess there must be something really great over there....there is also a aboriginal tribe outside that area.....if u have e chance, do try it also.....and pls do e trip to SML on a weekend...if u go during a weekeday, u will cry like mad...cos basically almost no tourists ard or ppl taking e boat ard e lake....u have to wait like ages to get on one....
Old 31-03-2006, 09:49 AM   #3294
tEr

They have one day tour's starting from Taichung at 8.30 in the morning.

http://www.taiwantourbus.com.tw/engl...il.php?uid=133

Anyone joined those one day tour to Puli, Sun Moon Lake etc from Taichung before?

Last edited by tEr; 31-03-2006 at 09:51 AM..
Old 31-03-2006, 02:28 PM   #3295

I saw this Habour Hotel at Taichung which is the cheapest and yet nearest to the train station so far....other than that, will be either Taichun Park Hotel or Good Ground Hotel but distance to the train station will be about 10-15 mins walk.
Anyone stay at all these before?? Pls give comments.http://www.eztravel.com.tw/eztravel/...p?CITY_CD=TXG#
Thank you..
Old 31-03-2006, 03:22 PM   #3296
Zeo

Question

Anyone knows watz in the so call little tokyo?
Worth going?
And where can I find alot of manga & plastic model shops?
Heard the gundams there cheap....
nuttyazn can help? Anyone?

Last edited by Zeo; 31-03-2006 at 03:26 PM..
Old 31-03-2006, 03:34 PM   #3297

Taichung hotel: Post by forumer gumbico:
I have to recommend the hotel I'm writing from right now.

Zaw-Jung Business Hotel
100, Fu-Hsin Road, Sec. 5
Taichung 401, Taiwan, ROC
Tel: 04-2223-5838
http://www.zaw-jung.com

This has got to be the BEST budget hotel in Taichung. Our rate is $1100NT and this room is huge (bigger than what we had at Grand Formosa Taroko and it's clean. Plus it has free internet with network cable in the room. And my favorite part, it is literally right across the street from the rear entance of the train station. If you walk down from the rear station, look across the street and you will see a Bank of Taiwan building, the hotel is right under that sign and the entrance is to the right of the banks entrance. Lemme post some pics.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ublic/zaw1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ublic/zaw2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ublic/zaw3.jpg
Basically, for travellers arriving in Taichung via train or GuoGong Bus, this is the place to stay.
Old 31-03-2006, 03:40 PM   #3298

Anyone knows watz in the so call little tokyo?
Worth going?
And where can I find alot of manga & plastic model shops?
Heard the gundams there cheap....
nuttyazn can help? Anyone?
Sorry, I have no idea where that is, My Office girl just said, there is a Xiao Tokyo here?? Where??.
Comics and Mangas: I see shops all over the place. I never paid attention since I cant read Chinese
I know there are some near Ximenting area and also On Chongqing S Rd (Book Street)As the Hotel people. I know many forumers came over and bought comics and Mangas but did not post locations!!!!
You do that when you get back , okay
Old 31-03-2006, 03:46 PM   #3299

They have one day tour's starting from Taichung at 8.30 in the morning.

http://www.taiwantourbus.com.tw/engl...il.php?uid=133

Anyone joined those one day tour to Puli, Sun Moon Lake etc from Taichung before?
I has a forumer in another forum who used the tour, said it was fine. Note they need min 4 passengers to do the tour, so call them the dsay before you go and tell them your train schedule if you are not going to stay in Taichung overnight. There is a 5.45am train to Taichung.
Old 31-03-2006, 04:13 PM   #3300

Zeo,

Jetstar arrv 5.45pm

2nd day, good to go to Wufenpu after 4.30pm. Also being Sunday, Ximenting is a happening place between 1pm ~4.30pm lots of going ons. Or shop around the Zhongxiao area before heading for Wufenpu.

For Breakfast, find a Local Breakfast shop, There is one opp East Dragon Hotel nearby. Try the Fresh Soya Bean MIlk, Sao Pin Tan, Xiao Long Bao e.t.c. Better than Macdonalds. These places all over the shop, ask the Hotel for the one nearest you.

From Keelung train is better for return as the Highway sometimes packed with Container trucks (Keelung Main Northern harbouor)

Last week,rained everyday, This week looks good.No rain on the horizon except on the 5th. However be careful about the weather. It goes down to 17C every night but day temp is high as 29C. Places like Danshui in the evenings are cooler. A Light Jacket would be useful.

April 5th is a public holiday here, Tomb sweeping day. Not to worry, everything is open.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.