HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-04-2006, 09:59 AM   #3421

Yup There was torrential rain the day before, then yesterday it went up to 34C high, and today's high is 23C and low of 17C tonight.

oh my god.... i flying there tomorrow......

hope i get good weather thru out the 5 days......
Old 13-04-2006, 02:25 PM   #3422

HI,
The weather is okay but You might still need a light Jacket if you are not used to a continous cool cause 17C is not exactly warm.

Itis later in the evening here during this edit: You will definitely need a jacket over the next 3~4 Days,The wind is chilling in Taipei.

Last edited by nuttyazn; 13-04-2006 at 08:11 PM..
Old 13-04-2006, 11:49 PM   #3423

HI,
The weather is okay but You might still need a light Jacket if you are not used to a continous cool cause 17C is not exactly warm.

Itis later in the evening here during this edit: You will definitely need a jacket over the next 3~4 Days,The wind is chilling in Taipei.
hi nutty...will i get this kind of weather one mth later?? i juz luv the kind of weather than is in taiwan nw.
Old 14-04-2006, 12:30 AM   #3424

Talking How to go Yi Lan from taipei???

i would be staying at rainbow hotel.
Which transport can i take to go there..
mrt??or bus??

but the way is there a so call a factory or retail oulet specially selling mi jian(sour plum)
all those type of stuff.
i do see before a travel show showing it says it can be found in YI Lan...

pls helps thanks alot..
Old 14-04-2006, 04:22 AM   #3425
High Supremacy Member

I saw wonstar is quite far away from XMT. Rainbow is right smack in the middle. The hotel I stay in is Chengdu is like 5 mins walk away from XMT. They got internet access and it is totally free.
i am back too! haha. wonstar is okay lar, jus a 5 mins walk to the mrt .. and on the way there .. lots of mei mei to see wonstar queensize bed is really big, and the toilet's big too.
Old 14-04-2006, 09:45 AM   #3426

tamahome81
The problem with the cool weather now on is that it is associated with heavy rain.
In May it can go down to 26C and as High as 36C but has gone down to 20C last year in May.
Old 14-04-2006, 09:51 AM   #3427

i would be staying at rainbow hotel.
Which transport can i take to go there..
mrt??or bus??

but the way is there a so call a factory or retail oulet specially selling mi jian(sour plum)
all those type of stuff.
i do see before a travel show showing it says it can be found in YI Lan...

pls helps thanks alot..
To get to Rainbow, just take the Freego Bus.

For Sour Plum, I am not sure which factory but The best sour plum I eat comes from The Taichung area
http://www.ljmp.com.tw
http://www.ljmp.com.tw/Index.asp?ID=45&ID2=2
Old 14-04-2006, 09:53 AM   #3428

i am back too! haha. wonstar is okay lar, jus a 5 mins walk to the mrt .. and on the way there .. lots of mei mei to see wonstar queensize bed is really big, and the toilet's big too.
Hi, Did you have a good trip?? Yup, watching the mei meis along the way takes time otherwise it would be 3 mins to the MRT
Old 14-04-2006, 10:55 AM   #3429
Master Member

went down this afternoon. the girls are not very friendly leh.. they never even lift their head to see me until i try to ask ques. anyone experience that or is it only me?

anyway, was hoping to get very detail map(incl even small street name) but in vain.. did i miss that? out of the things i managed to collect today, i only found the following 3 good: taiwan map, northern taiwan map and tourist pass
What they sent were tourist maps, not street directory But the maps are good enough since most people only go to major landmarks.

Only been communicating with them via emails and the replies were always prompt and helpful.
Old 14-04-2006, 11:02 AM   #3430
High Supremacy Member

Hi, Did you have a good trip?? Yup, watching the mei meis along the way takes time otherwise it would be 3 mins to the MRT
yea definitely man, initially i was abit scared coz it's like my first trip and thot like i'll be lost somewhere or something LOL. but the info i got thru here is really helpful man, those places are easy to find, the transportation wise is damn good. The MRT, the TRA, and those KE YUN wow they goes everywhere!

i love jinguashi mannnnnnnnnn it's a awesome place!!! i'm definitely going back there again damn beautiful place! and ya the weather is abit weird, yday was real cold in taipei, haha i am missing the ah zhong mian xian already
Old 14-04-2006, 11:18 AM   #3431

yea definitely man, initially i was abit scared coz it's like my first trip and thot like i'll be lost somewhere or something LOL. but the info i got thru here is really helpful man, those places are easy to find, the transportation wise is damn good. The MRT, the TRA, and those KE YUN wow they goes everywhere!

i love jinguashi mannnnnnnnnn it's a awesome place!!! i'm definitely going back there again damn beautiful place! and ya the weather is abit weird, yday was real cold in taipei, haha i am missing the ah zhong mian xian already
whats with jinguashi? its a nice place?
Old 14-04-2006, 11:56 AM   #3432
High Supremacy Member

whats with jinguashi? its a nice place?
u read a few pages back, i also dunno wad's jinguashi in the first place when i went LOL. so blur blur i went, it's a nice scenery place with lots of great views man. and ya i went with slippers if ya wana climb up to see nice views, wear sports shoes

along the way u'll see the ying yang hai, and the keelung bi sha gang, fantastic place man, super nice scenery! and on the way up u'll pass by the huang jing pu bu someting like a mini waterfall, rem to read the notice there ... dun touch the water as it's poisonous. u'll take hours to climb so be prepared, and if ya going on weekdays the transport down there is like only one ke yun, and if i am not wrong the frequency is like one hr.

but nice place lar, take one day go there .. climb up the cha hu shan, quite tedious thou lol. rest a while, damn windy up there.. damn relaxing, damn nice. really, no regrets climbing up! u can go from keelung to jinguashi, do ur stuffs here .. take a few hrs, relax den take to jiufen .. awww this place is damn polluted with many many many tourists. walk ard here, i bought some nai u (butter) bing there, wah seh it's damn bloody nice, and can try the yam tang yuans there, jiufen is famous for it. den from here can choose to take back to either ruifang first or straight back to keelung.

for me is i went keelung - jinguashi - jiufen - keelung miaokou. keelung is a damn nice place, got plenty of other nice places to visit, if ya haf time can consider walking ard, abit regret i dint went yeliu thou
Old 14-04-2006, 12:02 PM   #3433
High Supremacy Member

juz wondering when u guys plan ya itinery..did u all plan have contingency for wet weather plan?

yah damnnnn it i went all the way to taoyuan .. took a 1hr bus to nong tan, and it's raining like hell over there wanted to go xiao ren guo one, arghhhhh!!!!
Old 14-04-2006, 12:08 PM   #3434
Master Member

I wish to add a few pointers:

FREEGO 飞狗吧士

1. When you clear the immigration upon arrival, don't go down the escalator yet. Look for this Naruwan Girl (Brochure Stand). Get the tourist pass there.

2. Show the tourist pass to FreeGo counter, you pay NT105 instead of NT135 to Taipei city. Sometimes if you are lucky, the bus go directly to Ximenting instead of transfer to small bus, if the bus is full of people to Ximenting hotels.

3. The bus will stop at Dong Long Hotel (东龙 ) , then you walk to the nearby Wonstar Hotel or Rainbow Hotel. Dong Long Hotel is also the place you wait for the FreeGo bus to Airport. The hotel reception is also the counter you buy the FreeGo ticket (NT140).

4. You may try to ask your hotel reception to book the FreeGo bus to airport. Then you can save some money on the local call you make in the hotel room. You still need to buy the ticket before boarding the bus.

YELIU 野柳

1. I read from previous posts that to take Keelung bus to Yeliu but it is not the case. The bus counter staff said it is the Jing Shan bus that passes by Yeliu.

2. To take Jing Shan bus, go to Exit 9 of the Taipei Main Station Undergound Mall. From there, go to Taipei Intercity Bus Terminal (国道客运台北总站 ) . There are Guo Kuang bus (国光 ) (NT80) or Da You bus (大有 ) to Jing Shan.

3. When the bus reach Yeliu, take note the bus stand is already slightly over the entrance to Yeliu Geological Park. You have to walk backward and soon turn left to the town. Walk straight all the way for 10 minutes and you are there.

WONSTAR HOTEL

1. This is a nice little hotel. Clean and neat. The room is not very big but there is no crampy feeling. Everything looks new (it is) and cozy, except the wall a bit thin so if next door turn on the TV too loud, you can hear it. Simple breakfast like toast, cereal and porridge may not appeal to you, but coffee is a good start for many people.

2. Make sure you call/ book the right Wonstar Hotel. The staff acknowledges that there are 2 Onestar/ Wonstar Hotel so it is important to check the address. There are poeple book the wrong hotel and arrive at the another hotel.

3. Funny things is the big hotel signboard stated ONE STAR despite website is www.wonstar.com.tw at the side.

萬事達旅店
台北市萬華區中華路一段82號
Tel:886-2-2382-0889
Fax:886-2-2382-0719

Last edited by damienloh; 14-04-2006 at 12:23 PM..
Old 14-04-2006, 12:16 PM   #3435

hmm..
then if i wan to go to Yi Lan, how can i go such as buses from taipei city or train.
i heard that goin taipei to yi lan takes oni an hr???
Can someone give me some coments..
thans a lot...
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.