Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2006, 04:05 PM   #3676

well not much to see also
Old 08-05-2006, 07:14 PM   #3677
Arch-Supremacy Member

hey thepasarmalamshop..
thanks for ur info..
guess the place u recommend...is more than enough..but i am not sure..what do u mean the 97storey buidling?
how much do i need to pay...
and also..the ferri wheel is ex?
all this places are located near the MRT rite..

haha aya i use to gf shopping the whole day and i just stand there and look ard..LOL..
btw how much SG dollars u spend excluding airfare and hotel?

[/SIZE]
Old 08-05-2006, 10:09 PM   #3678

The tall building is Taipei 101, It costs NTD350 per head to go to the viewing observatory. Free shuttle bus from Taipei City Hall MRT exit 2,on your right side, many bus stops, one has board "Free 101" (That is not a political sign)

Thw Ferris Wheel is at Miramar Complex. From Jiantan MRT stop,.Right exit, there is a shuttle to go to Miramar and back to Jiantan MRT for the Shihlin NM. The Big Building across the Jiantan is the Food Center, the Night market is on the street further down to your right .
The Miramar ferris wheel costs TWD150 weekdays and TWD200 weekends & holidays.
http://www.miramar.com.tw/4play.php
Old 08-05-2006, 11:53 PM   #3679
Arch-Supremacy Member

thanks nutty once again..
btw guys..
u guys got the taipei map from SG b4 leaving..or u guys get when u reach taiwan airport?
SG where can i get it ah..
anyone got the address...leaving this coming sat..woo excited..

[/SIZE]
Old 09-05-2006, 03:32 AM   #3680

btw guys..
u guys got the taipei map from SG b4 leaving..or u guys get when u reach taiwan airport?

http://www.trtc.com.tw/e/travel95.asp

Go look at this.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:56 AM   #3681
Arch-Supremacy Member

erm whats the food like in Taipei? Is it very oily. Is it safe to travel alone 2 ladies ( 1 55 yr old 1 23 yr old) together? Been to hong kong free and easy before so no problems there.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:36 AM   #3682

btw guys..
Singapore Office, Taiwan Visitors Association
5 Shenton Way, 31-11, UIC Building
Singapore 068808
Tel: 65-6223-6546/7
Fax: 65-6225-4616
Email: tbrocsin@singnet.com.sg
Old 09-05-2006, 11:38 AM   #3683

erm whats the food like in Taipei? Is it very oily. Is it safe to travel alone 2 ladies ( 1 55 yr old 1 23 yr old) together? Been to hong kong free and easy before so no problems there.
No worries here. Many young girls travel Alone at ,night going home after their classes at tHe Bushibans.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:57 PM   #3684
High Supremacy Member

anyone ?
i bring my passport with me...
Old 09-05-2006, 02:56 PM   #3685

Hi guys..readup from page 200 and above...but still confused about the various place..sorry guys...need you guys clarification..
i will be going 7 days 6 nights..to taipei...Staying at Onestar hotel...for u guys info..i was quote 10320 for the duration..for type A suite..for a guide for those who wanna booke this hotel.

Day 1
Arriving at Airport at 5.45pm..
Which is better alternative to go to Onestar Hotel..
Paid NT130 for the tourbus? Freedog is it? Forget the name...
if not...any better ways..
Will be going to Shilin Market for the first night...Take bus better or take MRT or Train..confused about it too...
I just came home last friday from taipei.

I took Guo Kuang from the airport. Turn right after u get out of the custom. There is a sign board for bus at the end. The counter is somewhere around there. Guo kuang will stop at taipei station. you can take a cab to Wonstar Hotel about NT70.

For transportation wise, buy a topup card like ezylink card in sg. NT500 including deposit NT100. You can refund all back before you leave taipei. Some bus also use, like if u go to Gu gong, u need to change a bus 304 or R30. NT15

Day2
Might be going to The so call sim lim Jinshan North Road and Civil Boulevard..how do i get there?

As for other days.,..not much plans for me yet..piority will be given to my gf..on where she wanna go..so guys any gd recommendation?
Jiu fen is worth to go. I went to Spring Hotel hotspring, outdoor cosrt NT800 per person unlimited time. I think if 1 hr about NT600. For indoor would be more expensive. MRT stop at sin bei tou station.

Will be going to Hot spring either...which day is it better to go for BEitou hotspring..Do i require a whole 1 day at Beitou area? Which Pte Hot spring for couples with reasonable rate u guys recommend?

As for this whole trips...i will be accompanying my gf for shopping most of the time..
of cos those CKS memorial stuff will not be miss...

Is it advisable that i leave taipei to kaoshiung...taichung etc...but be back to taipei in the night?
thanks.~
Its very easy to go from taipei to taichung. go to taipei mrt station, use exit 8. the guo kuang bus terminal is there. u can go keelung. there is also nearby terminal. I think its call the taipei west station(cannot remember). this terminal will bring u to taichung, tainan, kao xiong, etc etc. take this green coach called UBUS. around 2hours to taichung for NT220.

You can also go to airport from taichung to cks airport. about 2 or 2.5 hrs., no need to go back taipei then cks airport. the airport is somewhere in between the 2 cities. taichung shopping is cheaper than taipei and you can get the tai yang ping and feng li su there too.
if u like nike sport shoe, there is one place call TESCO, below the supermarket, 1 shop selling nike shoe, i bought air max NT2300 from there and realised it cost 50% cheaper than in sg. sg selling $219.

Last edited by esmond; 09-05-2006 at 03:02 PM..
Old 09-05-2006, 08:21 PM   #3686
Arch-Supremacy Member

thanks guys for the valuable replies..
how much Sing Dollar u guys bought there...excluding hotel and air tix

[/SIZE]
Old 09-05-2006, 08:46 PM   #3687
Master Member

You can also go to airport from taichung to cks airport. about 2 or 2.5 hrs., no need to go back taipei then cks airport. the airport is somewhere in between the 2 cities. taichung shopping is cheaper than taipei and you can get the tai yang ping and feng li su there too.
if u like nike sport shoe, there is one place call TESCO, below the supermarket, 1 shop selling nike shoe, i bought air max NT2300 from there and realised it cost 50% cheaper than in sg. sg selling $219.
tai yang ping! can get in Taipei a not? I miss it..
Old 09-05-2006, 08:56 PM   #3688
Arch-Supremacy Member

k guys..
need to summerise my Enquires..though some forumer did post the ans..wanna weigh the cost though..and to summarize the places i am going

- Ximenting
-Shilin Market
-Mirami Shopping Centre<--Ferri Wheel..
-Longshan Temple Train Station --Wanhua Wholesale Area-
-Beitou -- Laojie, Fisherman Village, hotspring of cos!!
-CityHall train Station
-Taipei 101 --Center of Taipei City
-Yew Lian--Jiufeng
-North Road and Civil Boulevard <--SLS but i duno how to go..anyone can clarify?

Tourist Attractions
-Sun Zhong Shan Memorial
Anymore Recommendation?

1) After i alight from Airport..
Whats the cheapest way for me to get to Onestar Hotel?

2) I intend to get the Ezlink Card at NT500 with NT100 amt..Can this card be use on Trains, MRT and Buses?

3)Does every Train Station Provide Maps for the Particular Location? As in What bus Number to take to where...etc..

4)During My last day, how long does it take from wonstar Hotel to The airport? Whats the best and more flexible way to go to the airport via the Hotel? Of cos hope its not too ex..

5) Lastly..As my checkout timing for last day is 12pm..and my flight is 5.45pm..is it advisable to leave my luggage and my shopping stuffs with the hotel? I have checked with wonstar and they did provided this services..but Kinda worry that my stuffs will get missing..Of cos impt Doc..and stuffs i will keep with me..

Thanks guys once again..

Guess thats the stuffs i wish to finalise b4 i went Over..haha 3 more days..sorry for the trouble guys..~

[/SIZE]

Last edited by MaGpiEz; 09-05-2006 at 09:01 PM..
Old 09-05-2006, 09:59 PM   #3689

1) Freego Bus to Stars(Wonstar) NTD 135 per head.
2) Easy card for Taipei City Bus and MRT (Not Railway trains)
3)The MRT Station has a Good Taipei City Map, easy to navigate. Regarding the Bus,sorry only the info that I provided!!
4)The Freego Bus has a pickup at East Dragon a few buildings up the Road from Stars in Hankou St at about 3pm. Check when you get here. Call Mr. Tai 0925-822-819 For return trip to Airport on day before departure

5) So far, Singaporean are bulk Stars clients.There has been no report of anything lost there, Only good reports of the Hotel and the service.

SLS:
About 10.30am To Guanghua Electronic market: 光華商場 MRT Stop Zhongxiao Xinsheng > Exit 4 > Turn right, walk to second junction , turn left , walk 2 mins to new location. First traffic Lights is Bade Rd, On your Right the short street is full of Computer shops as well.

Some alternate Tuesdays , Guanghua is closed, I forgot ask them when I went there today!!

FYI: Tourist sites by MRT:
http://crazy_azn1.tripod.com/taiwan/id5.html

Last edited by nuttyazn; 09-05-2006 at 10:10 PM..
Old 09-05-2006, 10:07 PM   #3690

tai yang ping! can get in Taipei a not? I miss it..
There are many who copy this Tai Yang Bing as CC once pointed out, the Original makers in Taichung did not Patent it.
Taichung's Tai Yang Tang (太 陽 堂 ) cake shop, Original maker of sun-cake snacks-Nothing tastes like the Original:
http://www.suncake.com.tw/

This is the Juinn Meei Website:
http://www.food168.com.tw/poducts-list.htm

What you can do is to select the Items you want and Call them, and ask them to deliver it to you in Taipe using a Local Courier service. It will be cheaper and faster.The train/Taxi to go there will make it uneconomical.
It takes 2 hrs just to get to Taichung by the fast train .
The Hotel people should be able to asist you. We do stuff like this all the time.
Maybe you should try the Original!!
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.