HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2006, 09:16 AM   #3706

Nutty,can you help me?

Hi,i been readin up on the thread,but i am quite confused about these things,can you guys help me out?

1)yeliu, jilong n jiufen,Miao Kou Jie) in Kee Lung,
2)Beitou+Danshui(Lao Jie)(Yurenmato)
this is what i gathered from the poeple here,but i am not sure the order of places which the best to go.Is this order correct?for two days?

For the farm visits,ppl here recommend Qing Jing Farm,how far is this place from taipei?Do i need to stay one night here?

i am stil deciding btw mei shuang,east dragon,new moon,so is mei shuang the best cos of its location?How to i get to mei shuang hotel from taipei station?

Miramar ferris is near jiantan station,is there places b4 tat which i can go?or i need to travel all the way here juz for the ferrish wheel
Old 10-05-2006, 09:30 AM   #3707

from Marytrs Shrine how to get to the imperial palace museum ?
After MS, take Bus Red 2 or 21 (247 and 287 if the board mentions MRT Yuanshan) to Yuanshan MRT and then go to Shihlin MRT Stop and from outside, take Bus Red 30 to the National Palace Museum.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:40 AM   #3708

kyo1986

1. WuFenPu is in Songshan area, While some of the shops on the Songshan Road opens earlier, but the Main Wufenpu Square Shops start opening up about 3.30 so by 4.30pm most should be open, which is why we recommend going after this time.

2. CC Posted:
"Jay Chou's retro shop, "Omni by JFK", is at No. 52, Lane 161, Dun Hua S. Rd. Sec. 1. Tel: 5584-3006. Hours: 14:00~23:00
His retro restaurant, "Old Theater Nostalgic Restaurant" (literal translation) is at No. 42, Lane 223, Zhongxiao E. Rd. Sec. 4. Tel: 8733-1481. Hours: 11:00~15:00 & 17:00~02:30. I don't know the exact locations, but from the addresses, the MRT station for the shop would be Zhongxiao Dunhua, and for the restaurant it would be either Zhongxiao Dunhua, Zhongxiao Fuxing or Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall."

3. You should do Yeliou in the morning. There is a Kelung bus from Danshui to Keelung, At Keelung Station you have to change bus for Yeliou.Bus has no numbers, so ask at the MRT Info counter.

4. Easy Card is sold at all Metrpo Station and At the 7/11 convenience stores
Old 10-05-2006, 03:52 PM   #3709

Luvkhor

I sent you emial yesterday to your hotmail. East Dragon should be most convenient as it is a designated stp fro Freego bus.
You can get to Ferris Wheel Via Miramar Shuttle Bus from outside MRT Jiantan and Return the same way. Behind Miramar are two large Dept Stores, Carrefour and Geant as well as the Miramar Complex it self.

Yeliou,Jioufen Keelung should take you a full day.
On the day you go to Beitou/Danshui your Morning is free?? You can got to YangmingShan first from there to Beitou then to Dnshui.

For Ching Jing farm, You have to leave early and get the GuoGuang Bus to Puli then transfer to another bus -at 2-05 The Nantou Bus to reach ChingJIng. You definitely need to spend the night there. Next day do the farm and late afternoon 4.10pm bus to Puli and transfer Guo Guang 6pm bus back to Taipei

Last edited by nuttyazn; 10-05-2006 at 04:13 PM..
Old 10-05-2006, 07:28 PM   #3710
Arch-Supremacy Member

thanks thanks nutty!!
btw..i wish to order the Tai yang ping...is there a minimun order b4 they will send to taipei?
how much per pack ah

[/SIZE]
Old 10-05-2006, 07:51 PM   #3711
Arch-Supremacy Member

actually...how long i the flight to taiwan(taipei) ah from here??
Old 10-05-2006, 07:54 PM   #3712
High Supremacy Member

actually...how long i the flight to taiwan(taipei) ah from here??
4hrs 15mins
Old 10-05-2006, 08:08 PM   #3713

Itineries

Hi i miss the post on the itineries. Anyone can resend me? Going taiwan for 7 days.
edwin.chua@gmail.com

Old 10-05-2006, 10:48 PM   #3714

There are many who copy this Tai Yang Bing as CC once pointed out, the Original makers in Taichung did not Patent it.
Taichung's Tai Yang Tang (? ? ? ) cake shop, Original maker of sun-cake snacks-Nothing tastes like the Original:
http://www.suncake.com.tw/

This is the Juinn Meei Website:
http://www.food168.com.tw/poducts-list.htm

What you can do is to select the Items you want and Call them, and ask them to deliver it to you in Taipe using a Local Courier service. It will be cheaper and faster.The train/Taxi to go there will make it uneconomical.
It takes 2 hrs just to get to Taichung by the fast train .
The Hotel people should be able to asist you. We do stuff like this all the time.
Maybe you should try the Original!!
hi, I purposely go threre to buy. It is very tasty and not too sweet. This shop is the best and also original one. I couldn't see anyone selling in Taipei but I saw in one shop at Jiufen but not sure how it taste.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:53 PM   #3715

At wonstar you can ask them to book taxi or limosine, both the same price NT1000. If u have many and heavy luggages or more than 1 person, taking this transport would be easier, about 30 to 45mins. The hotel will collect cash from you first. I think u can also pay by credit card. The limosine is very spacious and comfortable.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:01 PM   #3716
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi guys..sorry
got some enquires again
Wonstar Hotel Breakfast is from what time to what time?

I am going from 13th to 19th..meaning no Guess Guess Guess recording rite..damm sianz..

Lastly..all those tourist pass that can be request from shenton way UIC building...can also be obtain at taiwan Airport?..or i will miss out on some of the tourist pass?

Guys..how do i make call In taiwan..using autoroam? or can i purchase any sim Card alike stuffs..so that i can use in taiwan at a cheaper rate? call from hotel ex?

Thanks..~

[/SIZE]
Old 10-05-2006, 11:13 PM   #3717

HI,
Tourist pass has a discount coupon for the freego bus into town.
There is aslo a coupon for Ding Tai Fung on a weekday they givea small momento.Discounts forMoachi shops in Hualien,Tea shops in Joiufev and stuff like that. There are also discounts to some of the Theme parks. You should be able to pick it up from the Tourist Info counter in Taipei at the Airport or at the TaipeiMain Station.

Forumer reporetd that Tie dan 铁蛋 is cheaper in theSupermarkets thaninShops outside. Mochi is good in Jioufen and Hualien . Also a couple of people said that the Tai Yang Bing in Jioufen is also good.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:17 PM   #3718

Just get a new sim card with new number for local use. For This you have to go to the Local office of Chunghwa or TCC. Me I prefer TCC, Their overseas calls by cell are cheaper-I call my son in Sing all the time. You can get this from their shops all over the Island.
Just ask the Hotel for the nearest one to your Hotel. Ask for the smallest Denomination available, Mine cost NT400/- They will take a copy of your passport. Top up cards are available at convenience stores.
The Card gets activated within a couple of hours if not Immediately. All this could be done at the7/11 previously then after 9/11 everything changed. What a bummer!!!!
Old 10-05-2006, 11:20 PM   #3719

If you have a budget problem and miss the Freego bus to the Airport, just take a cab (NTD80) to :
http://crazy_azn1.tripod.com/taiwan/id10.html
Bus Fare to Airport maybe NTD110/- Very frequent .
Old 11-05-2006, 01:47 AM   #3720

Thanks nuttyazn, i still have some doubts here. Yeliou is it in taipei?U mentioned as if it's quite far. This is what we planned to do during one of the days in taipei.

1. BeiTou for Hot Spring.
2. Dan Shui.
4. Sightseeing at Yehliu
5. Fisherman's wharves

Please give some advice on this.

Then does anyone knows roughly how much from CKS airport to hotels in XimenTing and how long it takes if we are taking a cab there?

Lastly, nuttyazn, what is the chinese name of Jay's restuarant?if you can't type chinese characters, is it possible to pinyin for me?Just in case i happen to pass by the restuarant.

Last edited by kyo1986; 11-05-2006 at 01:50 AM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.