HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-05-2006, 12:25 AM   #3796

guys..i'm flying off on thursday and i still have some doubts regarding the below. can someone help me with it?

(1) CKS memorial should be at CKS stop rite? found the answer
(2) Is Shida NM nice?
(3) Shida is at guting station or taipower building station?
(4) Tianmu is at mingde station or shipai station?
(5) where is hello kitty KTV?

all helps are greatly appreciated

Last edited by tamahome81; 16-05-2006 at 12:52 AM..
Old 16-05-2006, 12:34 AM   #3797
Arch-Supremacy Member

10.30 for Morning, 2pm for afternoon and 6pm for Evening. However. I would call them once you are here to verify the times. (Half an hour before recording)If you go a bit earlier to be on the safe side, you can buy sandwich and drink at Kunyang before going there.

SSL is competitor of DTF (Din Tai Fung) Ice Monster and many food shops are near DTF on Yongkang Street. MRT To Daan: Exit on Xinyi Road , Left passed the Daan Park for DTF and Yongkang St..
hi nuttyazn...

thanks for all ur help...my iternary is quite up le....

nid to ask u some qns....

1.Wads nice @Shilin Nite Market?? ANy recommendations besides the hao da chicken cutlet?...
2.How to get to Guang Hua Market to buy manga? Any shop recommendations to buy manga??
3. How to get to Ding Tai Fung(main)??
4. Wads the lunch buffet timing for Xi Duo Wu@ MingYao Dept Store??
5. Wads the closing time for Wu Fen Pu??
6. Is MOS at Miramar?? Where is it exactly and how to go there from Shilin NM??
7. Wads the direct bus from Keelung to Danshui....how long is the journeY??

Thanks a lot for the info...I have sent u my iternary lE~ Would u mind taking a look to see how izziT? mabbe any more places of interest to visit in the placES??

All ur help is really appreciated!!! Thanks a lot!!!
[SIZE=1][color=black]Pride[/color] [color=red]Anger[/color] [color=deeppink]Lust[/color] [color=darkolivegreen]Envy[/color] [color=gold]Gluttony[/color] [color=skyblue]Sloth[/color] [color=purple]Greed[/color]
[/SIZE]
Old 16-05-2006, 02:05 AM   #3798
Arch-Supremacy Member

Drop by here tomorrow and pick up your maps for free:

Taiwan Visitors Association
5 Shenton Way, 31-11, UIC Building
Singapore 068808
Tel: 65-6223-6546/7
Fax: 65-6225-4616
Mon. to Fri., 9am to 5pm (lunch break 12pm to 1:30pm)

hey sorry to trouble.i knew that already from past posts.
Old 16-05-2006, 05:06 AM   #3799

can i shop around zhong xiao dong lu area in the morning?what's the opening time of the shops there?
Old 16-05-2006, 12:45 PM   #3800

My wife and I have just come back from Taiwan last night. Everything turns out well. The hotel (TS)which we stay are new and the service is good. Thanks Nuttyazn for the recommondation and the iternary. We have a wonderful time there. Thanks again
Old 16-05-2006, 01:37 PM   #3801
Arch-Supremacy Member

My wife and I have just come back from Taiwan last night. Everything turns out well. The hotel (TS)which we stay are new and the service is good. Thanks Nuttyazn for the recommondation and the iternary. We have a wonderful time there. Thanks again

hee so glad to hear that
Old 16-05-2006, 03:08 PM   #3802

Is there a charge for using the lugguage boot of taxis? The driver charged us NT$10 for using it and said it's the norm.

And a few tips for those taking public transport:

- Train: we bought train tickets at 7pm and queued up for almost 45min, but there was no queue when we passed by it in the morning at the ticket booths. The ticket stubs are collected when you exit the control gate.

- MRT: get a stored-value Easycard since you get 20% off travel rates, and it can be used on most buses in Taipei. NT$500 for the ticket which includes a refundable NT$100 deposit. Ticket can be refunded at the control station counter. You tap on the side of the gate on the area showing the Easycard logo, and push the turnstile to enter/exit. For single trip cards, they are slotted in at the front just like the magnetic cards we used to use.

- Bus: Bus stops are normally a stand with the bus number and route information by the road side and can be easily missed if you do not notice.
For my trip to Yehliu on Guogang bus, I sat in front and listened to the driver announcing the destination of each stop.
For the other buses in Taipei city, I had to rely on the driver announcement, pre-recorded announcement or the LED board status at the front of the bus. Fare is NT15 for a section, you normally pay when you get down(depending on bus, the board above the driver side when you board the bus will indicate) using coins, or by tapping your Easycard. Take note of the announcement and press the alight buzzer immediately when you hear the driver announce or the LED board status flash your destination(it will say 'Nearing <desitnation>', or you will miss the stop. Or simply just ask the driver to tell you when to alight ^-^
Old 16-05-2006, 03:22 PM   #3803
Master Member

http://www.reservations.bookhostels.com/2camels.com/

hi pals, just to add, this webbie can search and book for cheap hotel
for those budget traveller, you may find beds at 15+ SGD per day in taipei
Old 16-05-2006, 03:44 PM   #3804

Hee Hee, not as glad as I am.

Actually it is an Old Hotel which was fully renovated early this month. Everything is new, smelt new as well.
You are fortunate to get some of this coolish and comfortable weather even though it rained a bit. Great weather for walking around actually. Thanks for posting.
Old 16-05-2006, 08:30 PM   #3805
Master Member

- Bus: Bus stops are normally a stand with the bus number and route information by the road side and can be easily missed if you do not notice.
For my trip to Yehliu on Guogang bus, I sat in front and listened to the driver announcing the destination of each stop.
For the other buses in Taipei city, I had to rely on the driver announcement, pre-recorded announcement or the LED board status at the front of the bus. Fare is NT15 for a section, you normally pay when you get down(depending on bus, the board above the driver side when you board the bus will indicate) using coins, or by tapping your Easycard. Take note of the announcement and press the alight buzzer immediately when you hear the driver announce or the LED board status flash your destination(it will say 'Nearing <desitnation>', or you will miss the stop. Or simply just ask the driver to tell you when to alight ^-^
For the tapping of the card, when u board the bus, look for a sign on top of the driver facing you. It will say if you should tap before/after or both. And the easycard is really worth it cause there is some discount if you use it, like Singapore ezlink card. If you cannot finish the value in the card can still refund all of it so thats not a problem.

I stayed in TS as well, it was really clean and neat though the breakfast quite little think cause a lot of pple eating.. the gd stuff (eggs or bacon) will always run out quickly one! hehe.. But i got no complaints cause they upgraded the 2 rooms I booked.. from single / double becomes double / deluxe.. hehe for free!! It is really a nice hotel which I believed is family-run type..

Oh I face a lot of problems during my travel though.. it seems like everyone says different thing.. When I reach the CKS airport.. I went to take Freego which dropped me before a primary school then I took a cab which dont know where TS is even after giving him the address.. then he dropped us at XMD and we walked aimlessly around for 30 mins asking various people till we finally reached TS. The problem with TS is its location though close to XMD.. the stretch of road leading XMD to TS is actually very deserted.. But overall still ok for a cheap hotel
Old 16-05-2006, 09:20 PM   #3806

It is really a nice hotel which I believed is family-run type..

Oh I face a lot of problems during my travel though.. it seems like everyone says different thing.. When I reach the CKS airport.. I went to take Freego which dropped me before a primary school then I took a cab which dont know where TS is even after giving him the address.. then he dropped us at XMD and we walked aimlessly around for 30 mins asking various people till we finally reached TS. The problem with TS is its location though close to XMD.. the stretch of road leading XMD to TS is actually very deserted.. But overall still ok for a cheap hotel
Thanks for writing in?? Next person should tell them,I'll be there at 7.30 am for breakfast , Load up the eggs and bacon please

For Others, from MRT Ximen Exit 1, continue south on Hanzhong St. You'll reach Ta Shun, in South Ximending, just before you hit Changsha St.

aciDz : Yes there is a surcharge of NTD10/- for each luggage in the boot.

Last edited by nuttyazn; 16-05-2006 at 09:25 PM..
Old 16-05-2006, 09:54 PM   #3807

guys..i'm flying off on thursday and i still have some doubts regarding the below. can someone help me with it?

all helps are greatly appreciated
Shida At MRT Taipower Bldg. Station is for Food mainly : Localand international as many Foreign students in that area.
Quote Roy" I personally like Shida night market in between Guting or Taipower MRT Station. It's got a vibrant feel of it - maybe its because its near to the Taiwan University hostel. The other time I was there, we visited Shilin, shida and guangzhou st night mkts. Shida turns out to be my favourite. "

Gongguan at Gonguan MRT is a small evening/Night market catering to Students of the NTU. Some of the stuff there is not found in Shihlinor Ximenting.

Tian MU is at Shipai MRT. then bus Red12 to Tian Mu circle. Outlet shops (After 2 pm) and PS Bubu (After 12 noon) on Zhongshan N Rd Sec 7.

Quote xiaoblur25 :Oh, we also went to the Hello Kitty KTV on our day08. Not a very good songs selection programe. I think PartyWorld will be better if compare to Hello Kitty. Partworld look so much bigger & grand (Across the road from Ximenting)
Quote Aaples: "I went to hello kitty ktv, nothing fantastic, if possible, dun go. it's quite costly considering the limited songs title."
Old 16-05-2006, 10:14 PM   #3808

natty ah...you really spoilt me!!now so many theme parks how to choose!!

any suggestion?i want one with real good rides,location can be either hualien or taipei.you ever tried any yourself??
I'm not a theme park type of guy. Looking at some of the rides is already a thrill, Last time I went on a wild ride, I came down but left my hair up there somewhere. Now I'm botak!!

Any way, So far there are three always being mentioned:
Janfusan, Yamay and Leofoo.

CC at TA posted:

Yes, Janfusun has more extreme thrill rides, but be sure to check beforehand that your favorite ride is running that day; sometimes one is closed for maintenance----and all thrill rides at all parks are stopped in rainy weather. Janfusun has a bus-park package for 2 pax (or more), which is good value at TWD1199+ each. Please check the rates according to the dates of your trip. Toll free number: 0800-053888 Tel: 05-5825789

http://www.startravel.com.tw/hotel/t..._08/index.html

Yamay is inconvenient to reach, but it has the rare "tilt" roller coaster and Mala Bay water park.
http://www.yamay.com.tw/index.asp
http://www.yamay.com.tw/html/hot_mala.htm
http://www.yamay.com.tw/yamay-e/index.htm Check out the "Street" Gravity Max!!!
Old 16-05-2006, 10:33 PM   #3809
Arch-Supremacy Member

I'm not a theme park type of guy. Looking at some of the rides is already a thrill, Last time I went on a wild ride, I came down but left my hair up there somewhere. Now I'm botak!!

Any way, So far there are three always being mentioned:
Janfusan, Yamay and Leofoo.

CC at TA posted:

Yes, Janfusun has more extreme thrill rides, but be sure to check beforehand that your favorite ride is running that day; sometimes one is closed for maintenance----and all thrill rides at all parks are stopped in rainy weather. Janfusun has a bus-park package for 2 pax (or more), which is good value at TWD1199+ each. Please check the rates according to the dates of your trip. Toll free number: 0800-053888 Tel: 05-5825789

http://www.startravel.com.tw/hotel/t..._08/index.html

Yamay is inconvenient to reach, but it has the rare "tilt" roller coaster and Mala Bay water park.
http://www.yamay.com.tw/index.asp
http://www.yamay.com.tw/html/hot_mala.htm
http://www.yamay.com.tw/yamay-e/index.htm Check out the "Street" Gravity Max!!!

ya are the man natty.also thanks for the "side request"

anyway i said so many times of going.now i finally have my skeleton plan

am buying the air tix from jet starasia.from the airport there,i will take one of those free go bus to wonstar where i will stay on the 16th,17th,20th and 21th july.as for 18th and 19th,will be staying at that minsu mentioned by bro laksa in hualien.

as for the main idea while in taipei and hualieh,too scratchy at the moment.anyway is my DIY still okay?doubt can get it cheaper from any agency though
Old 16-05-2006, 10:44 PM   #3810

hi nuttyazn i am planning to go to green island during my trip ... izzit good ???

[/SIZE]
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.