HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-05-2006, 10:34 PM   #4006

espenses in taiwan

Can anybody suggest to me how much to expect to spend a day in Taipei say on food (street food), transportation (plan to go the more well known touristy areas around Taipei) etc? Do you drink bottled water there? If so how much does that cost?
Old 28-05-2006, 10:56 PM   #4007
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wan Tai Hotel in Songshan- call quickly they may still have rooms!!
http://www.wan-tai.com.tw/e-index.html
Bus 611 and 284 stop very close to WTC - abt 10 mins.

If you dont want fancy but clean and safe : : Life Hotel about NTD850 per night.Food, Convenience stores e..t.c. all close by. No Website e.t.c. only phone reservation 2 mins to Shangdao MRT station.
http://www.photovideoi.com/share/upl...life_hotel.jpg
http://www.photovideoi.com/share/upl...ife_hotel1.jpg
brother, this Life Hotel won't have bing bing pong pong sound and moarning sound next door one right? lol.

is it near to Shantao Temple MRT station? that means 1 stop to taipei station which is the mrt station nearest to Taipei WTC?

Last edited by iMbEst; 28-05-2006 at 11:06 PM..
Old 28-05-2006, 11:01 PM   #4008

I will be there in early August, can anyone advise how's the weather then? Thanks!
Old 29-05-2006, 10:09 AM   #4009

Can anybody suggest to me how much to expect to spend a day in Taipei say on food (street food), transportation (plan to go the more well known touristy areas around Taipei) etc? Do you drink bottled water there? If so how much does that cost?
how many days u be there??
for transportation... u can get the EZ card for NT500.
cab are not expensive... i no mid nite charges so far
if u saying about finger food those in nite market.. then would cost u NT40 to NT100 like tat base on wat u eat la..

look out for fast food rest. i got myself a cute xiao ding dang alarm clock from kfc.!

bottled water oso have.. can get from conv store... but wat they have are similar to sg..
got mineral water softdrinks.. etc... if u refering to nite market.. then fruit juice would be common to see around there..

if no branded or expensive stuff to buy.. i guess NT2000 per day should be enough ba..
for normal spending
but bring more cash ba... cos there hard to exchange for NT$$$
Old 29-05-2006, 10:24 AM   #4010

brother, this Life Hotel won't have bing bing pong pong sound and moarning sound next door one right? lol.

is it near to Shantao Temple MRT station? that means 1 stop to taipei station which is the mrt station nearest to Taipei WTC?
No , This is in a residential area, Day care center opposite and an old folks home. If you hear moaning, must be from the Old folks

Taipei City hall is on the same Shangdao Line Going the other way from Taipei main Station. Ximen is 2 stops away on the same line.

Shangdao Exit 5, turn right in the lane, Opposite: Taiwan Breakfast 24 hrs! Good food.
From Hotel Turn left to the end of the street 2 24 hrs convenience stores and a Supermarket.
Old 29-05-2006, 10:29 AM   #4011

Bottled water is from NT15 ~ 25 depending on the size of Bottle. If you pass by a Supermarket, buy from there, it is cheaper. The Hotel supplies you hot water anyway, so no probs.
NTD2000!! That too much for just sight seeing and eating.Even in small coffee Houses and at the Underground Malls, set lunches about NTD120 tops. Convenience Store Lunch boxes NTD65 NT tops.
Shopping for clothes , clubs e.t.c. separate.
Old 29-05-2006, 10:49 AM   #4012
Arch-Supremacy Member

According to this thread, the new hosts for GuessX3 are:

http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showthread.php?t=1308116
the one i watched is makiyo....
[SIZE=1][color=black]Pride[/color] [color=red]Anger[/color] [color=deeppink]Lust[/color] [color=darkolivegreen]Envy[/color] [color=gold]Gluttony[/color] [color=skyblue]Sloth[/color] [color=purple]Greed[/color]
[/SIZE]
Old 29-05-2006, 10:52 AM   #4013
Arch-Supremacy Member

That was quick!!! How was Hualien and the Whale Watching. Perhaps some advise for my White Haired Friend : Flanker27
din manage to go whale watching....coz it rained the previous day...according to ms liu....the whale dont go near black water....n there will be a lot if it rained the previous day....
taroko is superb...the scenery is beautiful....as for white water rafting....enjoyed it...although its a moderate course...its still pretty fun....
[SIZE=1][color=black]Pride[/color] [color=red]Anger[/color] [color=deeppink]Lust[/color] [color=darkolivegreen]Envy[/color] [color=gold]Gluttony[/color] [color=skyblue]Sloth[/color] [color=purple]Greed[/color]
[/SIZE]
Old 29-05-2006, 10:54 AM   #4014
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi guys.. im new here!
read thru e posts and i would like to noe bt attending guessX3 recordings
do i hav to call beforehand?
or can i jus turn up at the studio? where's the studio?
thanks
actually u just nid to turn up at the ctv station...calling is just to confirm if there is a recording or not...

try to be there at 1030 to 11...no nid to be too early....

just take a bus 22 opp kunyang station...and u will reach the station...
[/SIZE]
Old 29-05-2006, 10:58 AM   #4015
Arch-Supremacy Member

i certainly recommend stone house minsu for pple going to hualien...the place is like a 3 star hotel...
very near to their town centre and mdm liu is very warm and friendly...
if u r going o hualien...try to have at least a 3d2n thing there....den u can enjoy everything...ranging from whale watching...rafting...taroka....wen quan....and the others....
[/SIZE]
Old 29-05-2006, 11:02 AM   #4016

the one i watched is makiyo....
i also went for the makiyo recording. did u went for the morning session? surprisingly for our session, there are 30 singaporeans and all are to-be uni grads. they make us rehearse "singapore university cheer". damn funny.

whole recording was considered quite long inclusive of waiting time. was there at 1030 and it ends on 4pm.
Old 29-05-2006, 11:12 AM   #4017

actually u just nid to turn up at the ctv station...calling is just to confirm if there is a recording or not...

try to be there at 1030 to 11...no nid to be too early....

just take a bus 22 opp kunyang station...and u will reach the station...

hmmm....

so is it confirmed if there is any recording next mon 5 jun 06 monday?

may i know wat time is it?

i will be reaching CKS at 3 pm.

will i be in time for the recording?

thanks!
Old 29-05-2006, 11:16 AM   #4018
Arch-Supremacy Member

i also went for the makiyo recording. did u went for the morning session? surprisingly for our session, there are 30 singaporeans and all are to-be uni grads. they make us rehearse "singapore university cheer". damn funny.

whole recording was considered quite long inclusive of waiting time. was there at 1030 and it ends on 4pm.
mine is the afternoon one...ard 10 sgeans lor...
[/SIZE]
Old 29-05-2006, 11:18 AM   #4019
Arch-Supremacy Member

hmmm....

so is it confirmed if there is any recording next mon 5 jun 06 monday?

may i know wat time is it?

i will be reaching CKS at 3 pm.

will i be in time for the recording?

thanks!
i dun think so....coz the trip from CKS airport to taipei main station is easily an hour....and from taipei main station to kunyang...easily 25 min...plus a bit of dilly dallying and checking in....i dun think u will be in time bah...mabbe a very slim chance lor...
[/SIZE]
Old 29-05-2006, 12:11 PM   #4020

oh ok ... thanks osianblue...

me planning to watch sunset at danshui / yu ren ma tou.

r these 2 places together?

which is a better place to watch sunset?

how to get to these 2 places?

n wat is the best time to go there to watch sunset?

thanks...

paiseh... so many qns...
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.