HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2006, 01:31 PM   #4066

All thanks to this forum, I collected most of my information here b4 I went for the trip.. the tips are pretty useful.. =D now, it’s my turn to provide some information to those who are gg to Taipei..

I juz came back from Taipei recently.. a 4D3N stay at Paradise Hotel.. the room was pretty comfy & spacious.. cost abt SIN$133.50 per pax for 3 nites.. (a triple room) it’s located near xi men ding.. booked online thru Octopus travel.. http://www.octopustravel.com/

Do take a copy of the “Tourist Pass Book” at the airport.. it’s a book full of discount coupons.. if u are buying ur airport transfer at the airport, u can use the discount ~ NT$20 in the book.. the transfer coz abt NT$135 – NT$20 = NT$115 per pax (from airport to hotel).. the coaches come every 10-15 mins.. so it’s pretty fast & convenient..

Rem to purchase their you1 you2 MRT card.. similar to our EZ link card.. cost NT$500.. stored value of NT$400.. NT$100 for deposit.. all unused value will be refunded.. including the deposit.. unless u accidentally bend the card.. using this card is much more cheaper..

Day One Xi Men Ding - There’s a desert shop named “San Xiong Mei” pretty good!! muz try the “Ba Wang Bing”.. powerful!! *highly recommended*

Day Two:
 Longshan Temple (beside Longshan Si Station)
 Chian Kai-shek Memorial Hall (beside Chian Kai-shek Memorial Hall Station) – famous for their “Changing of guards” ceremony; which occur every hr.. pretty spectacular! They march in sequence and perform several rifle maneuvers that require much skill and training. It's amazing how they can stand so straight and still for so long without moving an inch.
 National Palace Museum (MRT to Shihlin Station, take bus 213, 255, or 304) - It is opened from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., 365 days a year. Admission is NT$100(adult) NT$50(student) ~ rem to bring ur student pass.. Each admission ticket allows 2 visits within 1-3mths..
!! I have 2 NT$100 tickets selling for NT$50 each.. if anyone interested.. pls msg me.. thanks..!! (50% saving)
 Hot Spring at Peitou (MRT to Hsin Peitou) – I took a package which includes transport from station to resort and back, “wen quan”, “steam”, high-tea.. (the high-tea is pretty filling).. a worthwhile package which cost NT$1099 for 2… it also allows you u have a second “wen quan” session within one mth.. if anyone is interested, do msg me.. coz I have the left over pass selling at half price.. the resort is called Pacific Wellness Spa & Club..
 Tamsui (MRT to Tamsui Station and take bus to yu ren ma tou.) – beautiful scenery.. a romantic place for couples..
 Shinlin Night Market (MRT to Chientan) – lotsa food & shopping… mostly for ladies.. most of the shops sell similar stuff & the prices are the same..

Day Three:
 Chuifen (Railway train from Taipei Main Station to Rueifang – NT$52, then a bus to Chuifen – NT$15)– total journey abt 1hr.. The narrow alleys and old architecture in Chuifen makes for interesting photographic possibilities. However, the town is built on the steep slope of a hill, so wandering through it means some serious hiking up and down steep/narrow stairs. The scenery is magnificent.. simply love the place.. there’s also lotsa local pdt that u can buy.. recommendation: “Le Yi Bing Dian” – the “feng li su” is fantastic good.. *yummie*
 Wufenpu (MRT to Houshanpi Station) – wholesale clothing..
 Raohe Night Market (abt 10 mins walk from wufenpu..) – also shopping & eating..
 Huaxi Night Market (MRT to Longshan Si Station) – also known as snake alley.. nothing much to see..
Day Four: Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall (MRT to Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall)
 Taipei 101 (10-15mins walk from the Memorial Hall) – there’s free shelter bus from Taipei city hall station too..)
= HOME SWEET HOME =
undefined
Hi ,
May I know where did you purchase your you1 you2 MRT card? Was it from the airport counter ? And also, does the discount from the tourist pass applicable to only 1 passenger? Thus, if I had 4 members, I had to get 4 tourist pass. Thanks
Old 01-06-2006, 01:43 PM   #4067

Er...does anyone know if the reception at Mei Shiuan hotel do help to receive registered mail for their guests? I have something that I need to be sent to my friend around Mid June...
Old 01-06-2006, 01:44 PM   #4068

Checked the yahoo weather website and it predicts scattered thunderstorms at Taipei for the the whole of next week. Is the weather there that bad now?
Old 01-06-2006, 01:57 PM   #4069

hi..

does anyone know if there is a Guess x3 recording on next mon?

and the time of the last recording for the day?

thx thx
Old 01-06-2006, 02:49 PM   #4070

Hi ,
May I know where did you purchase your you1 you2 MRT card? Was it from the airport counter ? And also, does the discount from the tourist pass applicable to only 1 passenger? Thus, if I had 4 members, I had to get 4 tourist pass. Thanks
i bought the card at the MRT station. Each tourist pass book is applicable for one person.. so if u have 4 members, rem to take 4 booklets..
Old 01-06-2006, 05:01 PM   #4071

i bought the card at the MRT station. Each tourist pass book is applicable for one person.. so if u have 4 members, rem to take 4 booklets..
i think should get 8 for 4 persons...
can use the freego voucher on return as well.

btw..freego pickup point at xmd is at royal castle hotel. (5mins walk frm rainbow)
Old 01-06-2006, 06:13 PM   #4072

nuttyazn, that's ZhongHua not Zhongxiao right? Me blur liao. So is it within walking distance to computex? I thought computex nearest MRT is tiapei main station, is that true?
http://home.trtc.com.tw/INFO92/big.asp?SID=086
It's in Ximending, so the nearest MRT is Ximen station.
Old 01-06-2006, 07:41 PM   #4073

halo!
any1 knows how much is Rainbow's room deposit? cos we have already booked the rm thru Pricebreaker, but heard we ned to pay deposit b4 we get the keys at check in... supposedly in case we break or spoil anything in the rm...
Old 01-06-2006, 09:16 PM   #4074

Hi, going to taiwan in a months time, hunting for hotels now
Going to taipei, dan shui, yanming shan, jiufen and hualien
For taipei, budget ard 1500NT, thinking of neijiang hotel.
For hualien, thinking of stones house. Seems like good reviews from fellow forummers
Anyone nice hotels to recommend in jiufen?
Old 01-06-2006, 10:18 PM   #4075
D69

u need to book hotel for jiufen meh? Just go to there from your taipei location shd not be far...
Old 02-06-2006, 08:06 AM   #4076

Hi,

Anyone there have stayed in Alishan Minsu, pls advise me.I am thinking to spend anight there.

Thks
Old 02-06-2006, 09:52 AM   #4077
Arch-Supremacy Member

http://home.trtc.com.tw/INFO92/big.asp?SID=086
It's in Ximending, so the nearest MRT is Ximen station.
thanks a lot! that map really help a lot!

by the way, is there any wild wild thingy happening at taipei?

or any wild wild place to visit? hehe...

Last edited by iMbEst; 02-06-2006 at 11:52 AM..
Old 02-06-2006, 11:52 AM   #4078

I am changing S$600 for a a 6D5N trip to taipei. 2 of us are planning to visit the museum, hot springs, taipei 101 etc . Do you think that is enough?
Old 02-06-2006, 12:03 PM   #4079
Arch-Supremacy Member

really depends on what you want to buy lor. Spare a credit card if possible.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:05 PM   #4080
pop
Master Member

I am changing S$600 for a a 6D5N trip to taipei. 2 of us are planning to visit the museum, hot springs, taipei 101 etc . Do you think that is enough?
assuming hotel is paid for separately, and these 600sgd is just for eating, moving around and paying of entrance fees and buying souvinirs, then i think more than enough. taipei food is cheap and travel on bus or mrt also cheap. enjoy.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.