HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-06-2006, 08:20 AM   #4171
Arch-Supremacy Member

Only can help u on Qns1
Yes there is hot spring there. As far as i know there is 2 public hot spring FOC. Shuttle bus should run daily, not only weekend.

Qns2.
When i go 101 only open till level 5 or 6 only. Nothing much there in term of shopping as they are pretty much the same as paragon singapore.
Old 13-06-2006, 11:19 AM   #4172
Arch-Supremacy Member

once again,thanks for the info
guess i will just go buy it straight when i reach taipei city,
my friend told me that I was lucky for not taking the train to kaoshiong that day. Coz the train collapsed on the same day!!!!
Old 13-06-2006, 02:32 PM   #4173

Hi all, going to taipei tml. I have a question..

We plan to go to their ktv. but anyone knows how they calculate the charges?
for example, from 7am-11am is price A then from 11am-4pm is price B. Lets say I go sing for 3 hrs.. starting from 10am. Which rate will they take? or they will only let us sing from 10am - 11am?
Old 13-06-2006, 04:40 PM   #4174
Master Member

Hello everyone!

I'll be going over Taipei this Thursday, i have some questions which i hope everyone who has been there can help me out yah? Thanks.

1. Are there any hotspring around Yang Ming Shan? Would be good to experience that while i'm there. I should be going there on Saturday as i heard from my friend that the shuttle bus service is only available on weekends?

2. When is a good time to go 101? I intend to go up to the 89th storey. Was wondering if Sunday would be a good time to go, especially with all the crowds.

3. I will be staying over at WonStar Hotel. Although internet access is available from room, does anyone know if this service requires additional charge?

Thanks in advance for all inputs!
Answers to 2...

if the weather is good in terms of without rain and haze u can go up and see taipei city..if it rains its not recemmanded to go up as u cant see anything up there...its usually not crowded up there...
Old 13-06-2006, 04:45 PM   #4175

Hmm
How to go Feng Jia Night Market And Tiger City Shopping centre?

If i take train to taizhong from taipei from there how i go this 2 location??
No need take train, its very long according to my taiwan friend. I took coach from the terminal next to taipei station(this station to keelung and CKS airport), nearby to each other. cost only around S$11. NT220. then the bus will stop at one of the terminal in taichung called Zhong Gang Ke Yun Zhan. 中港客运站

if u still wan to take train, then take cab to these 2 places.

u can stay this 2 hotel, feng jia is within walking distance or 5 mins by car. tiger shopping around this hotel.
Le Parker http://leparker.network.com.tw
The Galerie Hotel http://www.thegaleriehotel.com
Old 13-06-2006, 06:08 PM   #4176

3. I will be staying over at WonStar Hotel. Although internet access is available from room, does anyone know if this service requires additional charge?

No additional charge incurred, just bring along a network cable and you can surf straight away.
Old 13-06-2006, 09:39 PM   #4177

my friend told me that I was lucky for not taking the train to kaoshiong that day. Coz the train collapsed on the same day!!!!
OMG,you are one lucky man! faster go buy 4D leh..erm..hopefully nothing happens to me when i go in sept
Old 13-06-2006, 10:42 PM   #4178
Supremacy Member

hi guys! i will be leaving for taipei on 19th -28th June.. Below is my itenary but not sure if any part of it can be improved or feasible. Hope fellow experience hwz members can help out
p.s. Send an email to nuttyazn but i think he's too busy

Day1 - 19th June, Mon
1300hrs flight from S'pore => reach CKS Airport ~1800hrs
=> Check in Mei Shiuan Hotel
=> Get tix to go Taichung/ Alishan/ Hualien if possible @Taipei Main Station,
=> Proceed to Shihlin till last train back to hotel.

Day2 - 20th June, Tue
=> Go Taichung (Catch the earliest bus/train from Taipei - 2+ hrs)
=> Join tour to visit Sun Moon Lake, Wen Wu Temple
=> Shop at Tiger City Shopping Centre
=> Visit Feng Jia Night Market
=> Stay one night in Taichung

Day3 - 21st June, Wed
=> Go Alishan (Catch train to Chiayi - 1+ hrs followed by bus/train to Alishan – 2-3 hrs)
=> Explore Alishan on our own or join tour (Is there a tour over there to join??)
=> Stay one night in Alishan

Day4 - 22nd June, Thu
=> Join tour at Alishan to watch sun rise (3am-8am)
=> Go back Taipei (Catch bus/train to Chiayi followed by train to Taipei)
=> Shopping at Underground Malls
=> Visit Longshan Temple and Huashi St. Market
=> XMD/KTV

Day5 - 23rd June, Fri
=> Go Hua Lien (Catch the earliest train if possible - 3+ hrs)
=> Join tour to visit Taroko and Qi Xin Tan
=> Night Market in Hua Lien
=> Stay one night at Minsu/ Hotel or go back Taipei
=> XMD (if go back Taipei)

Day6 - 24th June, Sat
=> Yang Ming Shan
=> Shopping in Tien Mu
=> Miramar Shopping + Ferris wheel
=> Shihlin night market

Day7 - 25th June, Sun
Early morning: CKS Memorial Hall => SYS Memorial Hall
=> Taipei 101 via shuttle bus, NYNY, Warner Village, Guanghua Elec Mart
=> lunch @Din Tai Feng ; IceMonster nearby
=> ~4pm: To WuFenPu via Bus Nos 611 and 284 outside Warner Village
=> Raohe Night Market
=> Return via TRAIN to Taipei Main Station from Songshan.

Day8 - 26th June, Mon
=> Beitou (Xinbeitou station) for Hotspring
Visit Hell Scenic Park + Hot spring Museum (close on Monday??)
=> MRT to Danshui + Old Street + Shi Da Night Market
=> Fisherman's Wharf/ Lovers' Bridge (take bus Red 26 outside Danshui MRT)
=> Return via MRT

Day9 - 27th June, Tue
=> Yeliu - Take a Kuo Kuang (02-2558 3060) Bus (every20mins) from the North Station of KuoKuang Bus in Taipei near Taipei Main Station to Yeliu (~NT80 per head for weekday).
=> To Keelung (From Yeliu, take a Keelung Bus to the Keelung Main Station.) -> Ruifang, change train to Shihfen.
=> JingGuaShih + Jiufen via bus from Keelung Main Station
=> Return to Keelung/ Miao Kou Night Market
=> Return to hotel via Train (faster; last train at 2230hrs)

Exact change needed for buses here so keep a lot of NT50 and NT10 coins**

Day10 - 28th June, Wed
=> Last minute shopping...
=> Zhong Xiao Dun Hua MRT to have buffet lunch @ Xi Duo Wu (Ming Yao Dept Store, 12th floor) which starts at 1130hrs

Depart from CKS Airport 1845hrs => reach S'pore ~2300hrs
Old 13-06-2006, 11:26 PM   #4179

Thank You History, Regent__Sec and Kelvin0217 for sharing the information!
Old 14-06-2006, 12:39 AM   #4180
High Supremacy Member

No need take train, its very long according to my taiwan friend. I took coach from the terminal next to taipei station(this station to keelung and CKS airport), nearby to each other. cost only around S$11. NT220. then the bus will stop at one of the terminal in taichung called Zhong Gang Ke Yun Zhan. 中港客运站

if u still wan to take train, then take cab to these 2 places.

u can stay this 2 hotel, feng jia is within walking distance or 5 mins by car. tiger shopping around this hotel.
Le Parker http://leparker.network.com.tw
The Galerie Hotel http://www.thegaleriehotel.com

Hi .. u say can take coach from the terminal next to taipei station, u mean (国道客运台北总站 )?
If take coach it take how long to reach 中港客运站? ah i plan to go back to my hotel which is located @ ximenting tht day.

From 中港客运站 is there any way to go feng jia and tiger shopping?

I wish to do these tour within the day and end of the day go back to ximenting.
Old 14-06-2006, 12:43 AM   #4181

If anybody is interested I have pictures and a report on TS htoel at www.gordongoh.fotopic.net

Thanks to nuttyanz and all the others for their advice and tips for my trip to Taipei !

My TS hotel report

I stayed in TS hotel from the 7.6.06 to 12.6.06 which is a total of 5 nights. To book the hotel I simply called them at Tel: (02) 2381-8710 and I told them I would like a room for 5 nights and they just took my word for it. To get there you come out from XMD MRT station at exit one turn left, walk along HanZhong road and look out for the TS hotel purple signboard and the hotel itself is on the right side of the road as you walk down from XMD station. It no more than 70 m from the MRT station and about 200 m from the main action area on XMD. (BTW the address it is 170/172 HanZhong road.) We stayed at the 1680 NTD per night room which is small but comfortable enough. It has all the necessary things in a room as in kettle to boil water, empty fridge (who ever eats the stuff in the fridge anyway), soap, shampoo, comb, shaving kit etc. It also has a LCD TV with more than 100 channels for you to choose from. There are of course lots of local Taiwanese chat show programmes along with channels from Japan, ESPN, HBO, discovery, CNN etc to entertain and inform (Live World cup is also being shown on Channel 38 for those interested !). You might also want to bring your personal notebook as well as there is a free broadband internet connection in the room. All you have to do is sign out a cable from the reception desk and you are online. Everything in the room and bathroom is new and the staff do a good job cleaning and tidying up in the morning. There are other rooms to choose from and their price range goes from 2160 NTD to 4760NTD for the TS suites.

The hotel provides morning breakfast from 7.30 am to 10.00 am in what I call their breakfast restaurant as it seems to only serve breakfast. It is a small place which only has about 7 tables with 2 persons per table and one buffet table. The breakfast is simple Chinese breakfast of porridge and various types of “liao” and vegetables (they change the types of vegetables everyday) while the Western breakfast consist of toast bread, egg, ham, sausages, jam etc.

I found the staff really nice at TS hotel and you will undoubtedly get to meet the friendly Miss Su who is the daughter of the owner of the hotel. She is very friendly and knowledgeable on how to get to various places and tips on places to visit etc . Even when she was not sure she would call and look up for further information and get back to us in a very quick time. There are currently 2 other front desk staff who take turns to man the counter. All of them are courteous and very helpful but the one who really stands out is probably Miss Su because she seems to be always on duty and extremely helpful and nice to everybody. The other stuff that work in the breakfast restaurant are just as pleasant and courteous. Being a small hotel and it does not take long for the staff to know you and the service is a lot more personal and sincere than at the bigger hotels I have stayed at. If I were to return to Taipei I would probable stay in TS hotel once more just based on the genuine friendliness of all their staff.
Old 14-06-2006, 12:46 AM   #4182

Does anyone know if Wonstar has many channels to view?
Old 14-06-2006, 08:57 AM   #4183
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi guys! i will be leaving for taipei on 19th -28th June.. Below is my itenary but not sure if any part of it can be improved or feasible. Hope fellow experience hwz members can help out
p.s. Send an email to nuttyazn but i think he's too busy

Day1 - 19th June, Mon
1300hrs flight from S'pore => reach CKS Airport ~1800hrs
=> Check in Mei Shiuan Hotel
=> Get tix to go Taichung/ Alishan/ Hualien if possible @Taipei Main Station,
=> Proceed to Shihlin till last train back to hotel.

Day2 - 20th June, Tue
=> Go Taichung (Catch the earliest bus/train from Taipei - 2+ hrs)
=> Join tour to visit Sun Moon Lake, Wen Wu Temple
=> Shop at Tiger City Shopping Centre
=> Visit Feng Jia Night Market
=> Stay one night in Taichung

Day3 - 21st June, Wed
=> Go Alishan (Catch train to Chiayi - 1+ hrs followed by bus/train to Alishan – 2-3 hrs)
=> Explore Alishan on our own or join tour (Is there a tour over there to join??)
=> Stay one night in Alishan

Day4 - 22nd June, Thu
=> Join tour at Alishan to watch sun rise (3am-8am)
=> Go back Taipei (Catch bus/train to Chiayi followed by train to Taipei)
=> Shopping at Underground Malls
=> Visit Longshan Temple and Huashi St. Market
=> XMD/KTV

Day5 - 23rd June, Fri
=> Go Hua Lien (Catch the earliest train if possible - 3+ hrs)
=> Join tour to visit Taroko and Qi Xin Tan
=> Night Market in Hua Lien
=> Stay one night at Minsu/ Hotel or go back Taipei
=> XMD (if go back Taipei)

Day6 - 24th June, Sat
=> Yang Ming Shan
=> Shopping in Tien Mu
=> Miramar Shopping + Ferris wheel
=> Shihlin night market

Day7 - 25th June, Sun
Early morning: CKS Memorial Hall => SYS Memorial Hall
=> Taipei 101 via shuttle bus, NYNY, Warner Village, Guanghua Elec Mart
=> lunch @Din Tai Feng ; IceMonster nearby
=> ~4pm: To WuFenPu via Bus Nos 611 and 284 outside Warner Village
=> Raohe Night Market
=> Return via TRAIN to Taipei Main Station from Songshan.

Day8 - 26th June, Mon
=> Beitou (Xinbeitou station) for Hotspring
Visit Hell Scenic Park + Hot spring Museum (close on Monday??)
=> MRT to Danshui + Old Street + Shi Da Night Market
=> Fisherman's Wharf/ Lovers' Bridge (take bus Red 26 outside Danshui MRT)
=> Return via MRT

Day9 - 27th June, Tue
=> Yeliu - Take a Kuo Kuang (02-2558 3060) Bus (every20mins) from the North Station of KuoKuang Bus in Taipei near Taipei Main Station to Yeliu (~NT80 per head for weekday).
=> To Keelung (From Yeliu, take a Keelung Bus to the Keelung Main Station.) -> Ruifang, change train to Shihfen.
=> JingGuaShih + Jiufen via bus from Keelung Main Station
=> Return to Keelung/ Miao Kou Night Market
=> Return to hotel via Train (faster; last train at 2230hrs)

Exact change needed for buses here so keep a lot of NT50 and NT10 coins**

Day10 - 28th June, Wed
=> Last minute shopping...
=> Zhong Xiao Dun Hua MRT to have buffet lunch @ Xi Duo Wu (Ming Yao Dept Store, 12th floor) which starts at 1130hrs

Depart from CKS Airport 1845hrs => reach S'pore ~2300hrs
seriously its a bit packed. i suggest u skip ur alishan and taichung trip and put more days into ur hualien part.
hualien has a lot of nice places to go...wen quan...whale watching...white water rafting...farmstay...
personally i suggest a at least 3d2n stay in hualien, if better a 4d3n stay. Then you can play everything in hualien...
Regarding taichung..i dunno it a lot...so i wun comment...but from wad i noe.. u can reach it from hualien via road.

http://suto.24cc.cc/

you can email them ur plans and ms liu will plan for you.

for ur minsu stay in hualien, i seriously recommend miss liu and ms tseng(the tour guide) services.
NT1k/per day for room
NT1.6k/per day for tour guide.

I do recommend you to try their MOS...its at Miramar...different feel from sg...As for the shilin hao da ji pai....u can see it everywhere....can dun eat at the shilin nite market de....the queue is super long...

you also wun wan to miss yeliu(the dried fish strips and squid strips r very very nice)... keelung...dan shui and jiufen....

especially danshui...u can try the tall tall ice cream....the ah ma suan mei shui....and other nice things there...(psst...u can buy the tie dan and fish crackers at the shop beside the ah ma suan mei shui)
and yu ren ma tou!!....the lover's bridge....the sunset...omg....dun skip them pls...can take a boatride there...200nt per head...to watch the nice sunset...

just my 2 cents...hope i helped nuttYazn for you~...
[SIZE=1][color=black]Pride[/color] [color=red]Anger[/color] [color=deeppink]Lust[/color] [color=darkolivegreen]Envy[/color] [color=gold]Gluttony[/color] [color=skyblue]Sloth[/color] [color=purple]Greed[/color]
[/SIZE]

Last edited by osianblue; 14-06-2006 at 09:05 AM..
Old 14-06-2006, 09:26 AM   #4184

Does anyone know if Wonstar has many channels to view?
yes, wonstar has 100+ channels as well, incl world cup football shown on channel 38 and 50
Old 14-06-2006, 09:28 AM   #4185
Master Member

If anybody is interested I have pictures and a report on TS htoel at www.gordongoh.fotopic.net

Thanks to nuttyanz and all the others for their advice and tips for my trip to Taipei !

My TS hotel report

I stayed in TS hotel from the 7.6.06 to 12.6.06 which is a total of 5 nights. To book the hotel I simply called them at Tel: (02) 2381-8710 and I told them I would like a room for 5 nights and they just took my word for it. To get there you come out from XMD MRT station at exit one turn left, walk along HanZhong road and look out for the TS hotel purple signboard and the hotel itself is on the right side of the road as you walk down from XMD station. It no more than 70 m from the MRT station and about 200 m from the main action area on XMD. (BTW the address it is 170/172 HanZhong road.) We stayed at the 1680 NTD per night room which is small but comfortable enough. It has all the necessary things in a room as in kettle to boil water, empty fridge (who ever eats the stuff in the fridge anyway), soap, shampoo, comb, shaving kit etc. It also has a LCD TV with more than 100 channels for you to choose from. There are of course lots of local Taiwanese chat show programmes along with channels from Japan, ESPN, HBO, discovery, CNN etc to entertain and inform (Live World cup is also being shown on Channel 38 for those interested !). You might also want to bring your personal notebook as well as there is a free broadband internet connection in the room. All you have to do is sign out a cable from the reception desk and you are online. Everything in the room and bathroom is new and the staff do a good job cleaning and tidying up in the morning. There are other rooms to choose from and their price range goes from 2160 NTD to 4760NTD for the TS suites.

The hotel provides morning breakfast from 7.30 am to 10.00 am in what I call their breakfast restaurant as it seems to only serve breakfast. It is a small place which only has about 7 tables with 2 persons per table and one buffet table. The breakfast is simple Chinese breakfast of porridge and various types of “liao” and vegetables (they change the types of vegetables everyday) while the Western breakfast consist of toast bread, egg, ham, sausages, jam etc.

I found the staff really nice at TS hotel and you will undoubtedly get to meet the friendly Miss Su who is the daughter of the owner of the hotel. She is very friendly and knowledgeable on how to get to various places and tips on places to visit etc . Even when she was not sure she would call and look up for further information and get back to us in a very quick time. There are currently 2 other front desk staff who take turns to man the counter. All of them are courteous and very helpful but the one who really stands out is probably Miss Su because she seems to be always on duty and extremely helpful and nice to everybody. The other stuff that work in the breakfast restaurant are just as pleasant and courteous. Being a small hotel and it does not take long for the staff to know you and the service is a lot more personal and sincere than at the bigger hotels I have stayed at. If I were to return to Taipei I would probable stay in TS hotel once more just based on the genuine friendliness of all their staff.
I totally agree abt Miss Su... I believe it is a family ran type of hotel which is why it is much more friendly.. did I mention that they upgraded my rooms foc because they ran out of the rooms that i originally booked.. hehe.. its a really nice hotel and i will book it again next time i go tw..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.