HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-12-2004, 10:33 AM   #406
pop
Master Member

so fast you all go and comeback!! no one stay for countdown 2005?

me, me. Will arrive on NY eve, but worry whether got traffic problem.
Old 24-12-2004, 01:37 PM   #407

Where exactly is this baide road??
Old 24-12-2004, 11:37 PM   #408
High Honorary Member

Where exactly is this baide road??
Sorry, it's bade road.

http://home.trtc.com.tw/INFO92/bigmap.asp?number=bl9
Old 25-12-2004, 03:13 PM   #409

is it good to visit taipei during chinese new year period?
Old 25-12-2004, 09:40 PM   #410

dear hkail, i'll be travelling on 31 dec, and once I reach there, I will sign up for a 2-day trip to hualian, which includes train/coach rides, overnight accommodation, farm visits, sightseeing, etc. I think hotel can help with such arrangements.
Thanks for the advice, but i am thinking of doing all by myself...thou a bit troublesome but that it is fun of a F&E trip. Moreover, after Hualian, i am planning to go TaiChung. Guess tour group won't have such arrangements ?

Any1 got recommendation of accom in Hualian? Can be the cheaper hostels type of the mid-range hotels kind. Preferably can be booked online. Getting bit worried cos i need the room on 1 Jan and this is likely a peak season ?

Thnax
Old 25-12-2004, 11:31 PM   #411

Any1 got recommendation of accom in Hualian? Can be the cheaper hostels type of the mid-range hotels kind. Preferably can be booked online. Getting bit worried cos i need the room on 1 Jan and this is likely a peak season ?
Thnax
if u dun mind, u can source out for those minsu, in which u stay wif a family... i did that when i was in hualian the other time.. they provide very personalised services at a reasonable price (to me lah)... i like it a lot

http://home.kimo.com.tw/ix0701/index.htm

this was the one i went to the last time.. the family was rather nice n they catered to our designated itinery...
Old 25-12-2004, 11:44 PM   #412
pop
Master Member

if u dun mind, u can source out for those minsu, in which u stay wif a family... i did that when i was in hualian the other time.. they provide very personalised services at a reasonable price (to me lah)... i like it a lot

http://home.kimo.com.tw/ix0701/index.htm

this was the one i went to the last time.. the family was rather nice n they catered to our designated itinery...

cool. Thks for sharing, Beyondgal. Do you email them for booking? In English or must be in Chinese? Do they book the train ticket for you? Or you buy your own ticket, tell them when you arrive and your sightseeing plan? If buying own train tickets, must buy in advance or can just go train station on the day itself, and just buy ticket there on the spot? Thanks for answering.
Old 26-12-2004, 12:13 AM   #413

cool. Thks for sharing, Beyondgal. Do you email them for booking? In English or must be in Chinese? Do they book the train ticket for you? Or you buy your own ticket, tell them when you arrive and your sightseeing plan? If buying own train tickets, must buy in advance or can just go train station on the day itself, and just buy ticket there on the spot? Thanks for answering.
i actually called them when i was in taipei n told them when i would arrive at hualian, wat itinery i wan..then they'll meet me at the train station n then take care of our trip there in hualian. i bought the train tickets myself at taipei railway station.. i bought a day in advance but i guess it's ok if u buy on the spot cos quite a number of trains to hualian in a day, depending on whether u wan express or normal service...

http://www.tbm.idv.tw/egoing/trains.htm

u can actually check the train schedule from the above link... enjoy ur trip
Old 26-12-2004, 09:02 PM   #414
Supremacy Member

Thanks for the advice, but i am thinking of doing all by myself...thou a bit troublesome but that it is fun of a F&E trip. Moreover, after Hualian, i am planning to go TaiChung. Guess tour group won't have such arrangements ?

Thnax
i also went f&e with my friends for 6days 5 nites... was quite cheap... under 700 for the whole thing including air tix, plus the stuff i bought... if only counting air tix, accomodation, food and transportation it's probably less than 600

of course i didnt stay in the big hotels and eat in posh restaurants though

jan would probably be off peak season though, so no need to worry...
Old 26-12-2004, 10:56 PM   #415
pop
Master Member

what kind of luggages do you people carry?

I'm planning to take the bus from airport to taipei city, and then also will be travelling to hua lian & jiu fen for overnight stays, travelling on public buses and trains. Usually for my other travels, I like to bring those trolley type, hard casing luggage. But don't know if I should get a harvesack or sling bag instead. Just share with me what bags you people use.
Old 27-12-2004, 07:37 PM   #416

[QUOTE=mosmos]Ext. HDD casings are very cheap there. I bought 3.5" with fan at NT800 and 2.5" at NT450. All aluminium. NB cooler with 3 fan at NT399(a bit regret now bec 4 fan cost NT599 and 2 fan cost NT299). All bought along baide road. Same 3.5" casing at gwanghwa complex sell at NT1000. I went there around 8PM+ and all still open, nearest mrt is zhongxiaoxinsheng.

For MP3 player, I don't find it cheap but a lot of models to choose from. Many stated from korea but from their brand names, i don't find it sounds like korea, more like chi-na. Memory cards and ram almost same price as SG. 8x DVD disc is cheap at NT10 per piece, but I didn't buy bec a spindle is too heavy, afraid luggage overweight. Btw this month PC-home magazine now got a free DVD-RW.
QUOTE]

there is another place selling computer stuff, it is juz next to xin guang san yue. it is call NOVA zi xun guang chang" i think..nearest MRT is taipei che zhan.

bot a 40gb 2.5" harddisk with casing only paid NT 2800 for it..and the XD memory card for digital camera is also cheap..i paid ard NT 2800-2900 for a 512MB XD card.

yah the DVD-R is very cheap..it abt 0.60 cents per disk.. ^^

juz fyi...the shop will charge you cheaper if you pay by cash..if pay by credit card..there will be an extra 5%...
Old 27-12-2004, 07:41 PM   #417

what kind of luggages do you people carry?

I'm planning to take the bus from airport to taipei city, and then also will be travelling to hua lian & jiu fen for overnight stays, travelling on public buses and trains. Usually for my other travels, I like to bring those trolley type, hard casing luggage. But don't know if I should get a harvesack or sling bag instead. Just share with me what bags you people use.
my lugguage is those travel bags (cloth material) with wheels..personally felt that it is easier to carry along..n nt as bulky as those hard casing luggage..

oh yah..if u intend to take bus to and from the airport..maybe u would like to buy return tix as well..it will be NT 20-30 cheaper..
Old 27-12-2004, 08:04 PM   #418
pop
Master Member

hey, naomi, tell us more about your trip leh.

for the airport bus, you can carry luggage up the bus is it? or is there a luggage compartment like those tour coaches?
Old 28-12-2004, 12:36 AM   #419

yup..it is those tour buses with luggage compartment.. ^^

my trip was okie...very rush...i only have less than 2 days in taipei..
manage to rush to shi lin ye shi on the nite i reached taipei..
touch ground on zhong shan airport ard 5:45pm..took the 6:15pm bus..reach hotel ard 7..by 7:45..i'm at shilin olredy..heehee

i notice shilin have change qt abit..the food area have shift to a nearby place (something like our hawker centre) if you mrt..drop at jian tan station..exit by exit 1..go straight turn left at the traffic light..you will be able to see the food centre..
the "hong you chao shou" (something like wantan in chilli oil) from the first store is at nice..
few store away is the famous XXXL "zha ji pai" the q was super long..i tried the taiwan sausage..qt nice oso....this store also sell "da bing bao xiao bing" but i find it so so only..
had cong you bing and smelly tofu as well..the smelly tofu not as smelly as the ones in HK.. (wished i have 2 stomach..can try all the food there..hahaha)

across the street..it is the nite market..near to the entrance there is a store selling cheese cake and chocolate (nicely packed in a round cake box) very nice oso..can ask the auntie to let u try the samples ^O^....i even tabao 2 boxes of cake bk to sg..

oh yah..side track abit b4 i forget....i found the minsu contact in jiu fen i mentioned in my earlier post..however they do nt have a website nor email address..maybe u wan to call them when u are in tapei?

the name of the place is "jiu fen Cultural & Photo Studio" it is own by a photographer call "luo ji(2) kun..they do have minsu as well..their contact no: 886-2-24978316

if you happen to stay there..maybe check n update us..whether does they have an email now?
Old 28-12-2004, 02:24 AM   #420
Master Member

i also went f&e with my friends for 6days 5 nites... was quite cheap... under 700 for the whole thing including air tix, plus the stuff i bought... if only counting air tix, accomodation, food and transportation it's probably less than 600

of course i didnt stay in the big hotels and eat in posh restaurants though

jan would probably be off peak season though, so no need to worry...
hi, which hotel did ya stay?
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.