HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-06-2006, 09:59 PM   #4201

[QUOTE=LifeIsSuch]

... Shop around Tian Mu. A few shops selling branded rejects. Nothing much actually ...

... Went to Asia Pacific Hotspring and took a 1 hr private bath package. NT 1000 for 2 persons. It is open air and it was quite an experience ....

Thanks for sharing the details! It's really helpful.

I have 2 questions, hope you will be able to help.
1. Which are the branded rejects in Tian Mu?
2. What is include in the private bath package?
Old 15-06-2006, 11:04 PM   #4202

Hi .. u say can take coach from the terminal next to taipei station, u mean (???????? )?
If take coach it take how long to reach ?????? ah i plan to go back to my hotel which is located @ ximenting tht day.

From ????? is there any way to go feng jia and tiger shopping?

I wish to do these tour within the day and end of the day go back to ximenting.

im not sure about the name. I think I saw somethng like west station. u will see ubus there...its green in colour. they go taichong, tainan, kaoxiong...etc.

u can take cab cause transport there not so convenient. not sure about the bus cause my friend got bike to show me around.

if u plan to go in 1 day, then how u go feng jia nite market? so rush. journey around 2hrs if jam then 2.5 hrs. got to wait at the terminal about 30 mins but if peak period only 15 mins.
Old 15-06-2006, 11:14 PM   #4203
Master Member

[QUOTE=ling_o]

... Shop around Tian Mu. A few shops selling branded rejects. Nothing much actually ...

... Went to Asia Pacific Hotspring and took a 1 hr private bath package. NT 1000 for 2 persons. It is open air and it was quite an experience ....

Thanks for sharing the details! It's really helpful.

I have 2 questions, hope you will be able to help.
>> Mainly brands like Polo, Nike, Timberland etc. But not much selection and design is not the newest.
>> 1 hr of hotspring in a private room and 2 hrs in resting area. (The resting area is just some marketing gimmicks. An area for quiet meditation and a lounge area for reading.) The hotspring is nice though. There are 2 selection of room, Jin Tang (as in quiet bath) and Sen Tang (as in forest bath). We chose the Sen Tang which has the bath area constructed from rocks and stones. Temperature is about 42 degree which is just right. There is a website http://www.apresort.com.tw
Usual price is NT 1250 but it is NT 1000 on weekdays. You can also choose other package that includes meal or high tea.
ps: I'm not working for Asia Pacific.
Old 15-06-2006, 11:56 PM   #4204

>> Mainly brands like Polo, Nike, Timberland etc. But not much selection and design is not the newest.
>> 1 hr of hotspring in a private room and 2 hrs in resting area. (The resting area is just some marketing gimmicks. An area for quiet meditation and a lounge area for reading.) The hotspring is nice though. There are 2 selection of room, Jin Tang (as in quiet bath) and Sen Tang (as in forest bath). We chose the Sen Tang which has the bath area constructed from rocks and stones. Temperature is about 42 degree which is just right. There is a website http://www.apresort.com.tw
Usual price is NT 1250 but it is NT 1000 on weekdays. You can also choose other package that includes meal or high tea.
ps: I'm not working for Asia Pacific.
Thanks very much for the info. For the hotspring in private room, er ... do u hv to be naked??

So this Asia Pacific provides free pickup from Beitou MRT station, right?

Last edited by ling_o; 16-06-2006 at 12:11 AM..
Old 16-06-2006, 10:15 AM   #4205
Master Member

Thanks very much for the info. For the hotspring in private room, er ... do u hv to be naked??

So this Asia Pacific provides free pickup from Beitou MRT station, right?
It's all up to you and your partner. It's a private room and you can be fully naked, in swim wear , fully clothed or whatever. And you can do whatever you want in the room.

Yes, they provide free shuttle bus from both Beitou and New Beitou station. Pickup from Beitou is every hour on the 50th min, exit MRT go right. Pickup from New Beitou is every hour on the hour, exit MRT go left. If you are not sure about the pick-up point, there is a small tourist information counter near exit of the MRT station.
Old 16-06-2006, 11:53 AM   #4206

From June 21st to June 24th 2006 in conjunction with the Taiwan International Food Fair at the TWTC:

There will be a food celebration outside the World Trade Center Exhibition Hall One, that will be open on all four days, and will give people a chance to sample a wide range of local regional dishes. These will be sold as from regular hawker stalls, but according to organizers, the vendors have been rigorously selected to ensure high quality and variety. Moreover, as many of the foods featured will come from all over Taiwan, it is a chance to conduct a culinary tour of the island without ever leaving Taipei. There is a total of 55 stalls to choose from, and they will operate 10:30am to 9pm Wednesday, noon to 9pm Thursday and Friday, and 11:30am to 9pm Saturday.
Old 17-06-2006, 09:29 AM   #4207
Master Member

Report live from Taipei,the weather is very sunny and humid,have quite a number of showers.

My trip so far.

1st day
-Reached CKS airport
-Picked up by my uncle's friend to have dinner at "Hai Long Wang" near the airport.The ping lang mei around the area is pretty !
-Check in Li Hua hotel and pretty impressed with their facilities that reflects the price.There are good channels available on the TV hehe,xxx and world cup.
-Went to Hua XI Night market before the England match,get some Tian Bu La and Pork Ribs soup to go with the match.

2nd day
-Went to Longshan temple
-Proceed to yangming shan to view CKS's office
-Proceed to the old residenstial area of CKS
-Lunch at some CROC restaurant?! i didnt have the croc meat.
-The taipei national musem? i don't really remember the name
-Back to hotel before i take a cab down to Nova and surprisingly saw Lin Yi Cheng there.
-Went back to Kangding road and have dinner at HuaXi market.Those scoopters should be banned!

cont again.
Old 17-06-2006, 02:12 PM   #4208

Hi,

for those staying in stars hotel and brought a laptop, where did u safekeep your laptop while u were away touring in the city?
Will stars provide a safebox?
I will be leaving for Taipei on the 19th
Old 17-06-2006, 08:58 PM   #4209

Hi,

for those staying in stars hotel and brought a laptop, where did u safekeep your laptop while u were away touring in the city?
there is no safebox inside the hotel room itself. btw i did not bring any laptop along, but i did ask the reception about the safebox thing. they said if u have any valuable items, u may bring it down to the reception and they will take care of it for you.
Old 17-06-2006, 09:20 PM   #4210

Hi,

i thyink taipei is a relatively safe country to carry all ya belongings.
trust me. u'll feel more safe carry it on your body than to put it in a hotel's safe.
Old 17-06-2006, 10:41 PM   #4211

Thinking to go Taipei this end year... around nov... what is the weather like??
Old 18-06-2006, 01:27 AM   #4212

Hi Nuttyazn,

I will be travelling in early Aug, appreciate if you could give some advise to my itinerary :

Day 1 – 4 Aug, Fri
- arrived in Wonstar evening time
- Xi Men Ding

Day 2 – 5 Aug, Sat
- Long San Temple
- Taipei 101, New York New York, Xin Kong San Yue
- Wu Fen Pu
- Rao He Night Market
- Xi Men Ding

Day 3 – 6 Aug, Sun
- Jiufen
- Taipei Underground Shopping Mall
- Shilin

Day 4 – 7 Aug, Mon
- Beitou for hotspring
- Dan Shui
- Fisherman’s Wharf
- Shilin

Day 5 – 8 Aug, Tue
- Zhong Xiao Dong Lu
- Ding Tai Fung
- Eslite 24 hrs bookstore
- 3pm, take freego to airport

Last edited by ling_o; 18-06-2006 at 02:09 AM..
Old 18-06-2006, 02:31 AM   #4213

Just my opinion..

For day 1, remember to eat the Fei Tian Ma La steamboat for dinner. It is very good and cheap. Near Xi Men Ting Area. After that, you can still walk to Ah Zhong Mian Xian branch in Xi Men if you still feel hungry.

For day 2, if you going Taipei 101, buy the ticket to 89 floor to take picture. Remember to go there just before sunset. Take the day shoot. Then wait til nite and take the nite shoot

For day 3, maybe you can add Yeliu. If oyu take bus to JiuFen, you will pass by Yeliu first. The rock formation are a must watch imo. You can spend 2 to 3 hrs there. Then take a bus to Ji Long and from there, switch another bus to JiuFen.

However, a train to RuiFang->Jiufen will be shorter and you will skip Yeliu altogether.

For day 4, remember to bring swimming trunks or u have to pay to get 1 at the hot spring.
Learn it the hard way..Also, do not miss the Hell Scenic Park.

For day 5, since you are going Ding Tai Feng, you should pay a visit to Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall nearby. Learn abit about their history and watch the guard change duty.

Their bookstore sells mostly Chinese books. Da Vinci Code translated to Chinese!
Old 18-06-2006, 02:08 PM   #4214

ling_o

Pretty good. It shows that you have gone through this forum properly
Day 3: Jiajun's suggestion is good. Leave a little early after breakfast.
If you want to do Yeliou first , then take a bus from the North Station - The fare is NTD80 :
LIfe is such posted:
** From Taipei Station MRT stop follow signs to Guo Guang Main Station. There are a few Guo Guang Bus Sation around e.g. West Station, East Station, North Station. Make sure you go to the correct one. Look for the Guo Guang counter and purchase tickets to Yeliou. It should be Bus 19.
** The bus stops by the main road of Yeliou. After which you need to walk about 10 min to the scenic area. Remember to tell the bus driver you are going Yeliou so that he can advise you where to alight.
Take Keelung bus to Keelung for transit to Jiu Fen
** From the bus stop opposite where you alighted earlier, take the Keelung bus. There is only one Keelung bus. Fare is NT 44. From Keelung, take a bus to Jiu Fen. Fare is also NT 44
Day 4: You morning is a bit free, you can visit the CKS memorial hall then Ding TaiFung Hall before heading off to Beitou.
This way,you wont be rushed on Day 5.
Many places to eat in Zhongxiao Dong Lu especially in the East metro mall.
Old 18-06-2006, 09:56 PM   #4215

ling_o

Pretty good. It shows that you have gone through this forum properly
Day 3: Jiajun's suggestion is good. Leave a little early after breakfast.
If you want to do Yeliou first , then take a bus from the North Station - The fare is NTD80 :
LIfe is such posted:

Day 4: You morning is a bit free, you can visit the CKS memorial hall then Ding TaiFung Hall before heading off to Beitou.
This way,you wont be rushed on Day 5.
Many places to eat in Zhongxiao Dong Lu especially in the East metro mall.
Nuttyazn,
Yes, I read thru the forum before setting up the itinerary. It's been very fruitful!
Do you know what time does 光華商場 open and is there any particular shop e.g. challenger I shld go to?

Jiajun & Nuttyazn,
How long is the bus journey to Ye Liu? Any other places I shld cover in that area?
From Jiufen, how do I travel back to Taipei? Can I take the train service?

Last edited by ling_o; 18-06-2006 at 10:31 PM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.