HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-06-2006, 10:20 PM   #4246
Supremacy Member

HI all!!

First of all, just wanna say thanks so much to nuttyazn for sending me the itinerary to taiwan!! thanks so much! so sorry for the late thanks, cause actually i just found the itinerary. it wasn't sent to my inbox but to my spam holder instead. wonder why... sorry nuttyazn but thanks once again!

wanna ask if anyone here knows about any variety show recording that my friends and i can attend to when we will to go to taiwan? will be there from 6 july to 11july. hhehe.. many thank for ur valuable inputs and replies!!
I believe you can call them up to know the schedule timings:

2781-3888 - Guess x3
2772-9168 - ZYDGD

Add '886' for taiwan country code and then '2' for taipei area code in front.

Old 29-06-2006, 11:04 PM   #4247
Supremacy Member

My opinions in RED..hope it helps. I just come back from Taiwan not long..
Btw, if you are a girl or going with female friends, you will spend lot of time in Night markets esp in Shilin and XMD so do take note of the time you put for those places

Day One (SAT)
1800 reach cks
1930 check in hotel and dinner at ximending
2200 shilin mkt
XMD quite big and you may spend the rest of the night exploring in there liao. If you proceed to Jiantan and visit Shilin NightMarket..you may not be able to finish walking around Shilin and moreover, you will need to rush for the last train back to XMD.

Day two (sun)
sight seeing along chung shan north road
national palace museum, tienmu, cks memorial hall, sea world, grand hotel at nite
huaxi mkt at nite
you may include Shilin Night Market and Miramar here. Most imptly, these places are easy to reach via MRT and buses...in an orderly manner..
Another suggestion is going to Yeliu and jiufen+Miao Kou Night Market

Day three (mon)
yang ming shan [go during early morning to avoid the hot sun!!]
dan shui
i suggest going to Beitou for Hotsprings after your YMS trip which may take up to 3-4 hours depending whether you will visit all the scenic points. There's a bus that will pass by Xinbeitou from YMS bus terminal, just ask the friendly driver. After Hotspring (2-3hrs), you may then take train to Danshui and proceed to Fisherman's Wharf & Lovers' Bridge first before heading back to Danshui Old Street and there's another mini night market on the other side of the mrt station to explore at night.

day four
taipei 101
you may include going to DTF for brunch and then to SYS Memorial Hall before Taipei 101 (walkable distance). Window Shopping ard that area e.g. Warner Village and New York New York -> try out their Mister Donut!! till around 3+pm before leaving for WuFenPu.
wu fen pu --- when is the best time and day to go here??
best time to go is after 4pm as most shops have opened by then..another big market for clothes so probably you will spend quite some time there. plus there's Raohe Night Market to visit, on the other side of the Songshan Train Station. The night market that is quite famous for its 胡椒饼.
miramar
Most likely, you will travel back to Taipei station via train from Songshan Station. And i foresee you will stay there till quite late. unless enough time is spared for travelling to Jiantan MRT Station, board the free shuttle bus to Miramar, if not i suggest putting this Miramar trip in some other nights.

day five
nothing planned yet
flight home is at 1800
interested in going memorial halls or museums? You can go to CKS MH, Marty's Shrine etc. to see the guard changing parade and big parade ground with magnificent buildings in the morning. Can shift ur original day2 itenerary here as well..
Old 02-07-2006, 10:57 PM   #4248

Bros can anyone recommend me an internet site where I can book hotel in Taiwan?

Anyone tried booking through this webbie be4?
http://hotelclub.com/DirectHotel.asp...&akid=55392618

Does it look dodgy?
Hi hello!

I've booked using this website before but decided to cancel it and call the hotel up directly instead. Sometimes the hotel website might indicate that no rooms are available but upon calling, you might actually find that they still have rooms and will take your reservation. This was what happened to me.

So i cancelled my reservation with hotelclub and they charged me a SGD$25 cancellation fee but returned me my money which i had paid earlier. So it should be quite reliable and fine i guess.

Furthermore, i don't think you can indicate the grade of rooms (ie superior, deluxe) with hotelclub. They may most prob give you a lower grade for the price you pay.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:02 PM   #4249

Just my opinion..

For day 1, remember to eat the Fei Tian Ma La steamboat for dinner. It is very good and cheap. Near Xi Men Ting Area. After that, you can still walk to Ah Zhong Mian Xian branch in Xi Men if you still feel hungry.

For day 2, if you going Taipei 101, buy the ticket to 89 floor to take picture. Remember to go there just before sunset. Take the day shoot. Then wait til nite and take the nite shoot

For day 3, maybe you can add Yeliu. If oyu take bus to JiuFen, you will pass by Yeliu first. The rock formation are a must watch imo. You can spend 2 to 3 hrs there. Then take a bus to Ji Long and from there, switch another bus to JiuFen.

However, a train to RuiFang->Jiufen will be shorter and you will skip Yeliu altogether.

For day 4, remember to bring swimming trunks or u have to pay to get 1 at the hot spring.
Learn it the hard way..Also, do not miss the Hell Scenic Park.

For day 5, since you are going Ding Tai Feng, you should pay a visit to Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall nearby. Learn abit about their history and watch the guard change duty.

Their bookstore sells mostly Chinese books. Da Vinci Code translated to Chinese!
Yeah, that's true, Fei Tian Ma La costs like SGD$16.50 nett per person with drinks, ice cream and everything else. Cheap! But you might want to consider eating it on the last night instead? Your stomach might not get comfortable with the Ma La Steamboat and you won't want to spend the next day in Taiwan finding toilets.

Haha... This was what happened to me.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:11 PM   #4250

Hey,

Busy with my Sis who is in town. Just to let you know current Prices of mp3s:
at Guanghua:
Iriver-6gb at NTD7500 ( SGD1=NTD20 Approximately.)
Creative-Zen 30gb about NTD12,000
Ipod Video: 60GB about NTD13,000

Tomorrow doing the Yeliou,Shifen, Jinguashi,Jioufen, Keelung .
Weather: Blistering hot!!
Old 03-07-2006, 07:48 PM   #4251

thanks for your comments chuan3205..

i am still fine tuning the itineary...
Old 04-07-2006, 12:55 AM   #4252

hi i'm going to taipei with my gf in sept ... the best deal we got from travel agency is $659 on China Air & $677 on Jetstar ... thinking of getting Jetstar cuz of the timing ... the agency reconmend Paradise hotel but most ppl here r toking about rainbow .. it's much better ? anyway on our last day the flight is only at 5 pm so just wan to check does rainbow allows late check-out ?
Old 04-07-2006, 10:04 AM   #4253
Arch-Supremacy Member

they dun allow late check out.. however u can put ur belongings at the lobby.. they will look after for u..
Old 04-07-2006, 10:06 AM   #4254

Hey,

Busy with my Sis who is in town. Just to let you know current Prices of mp3s:
at Guanghua:
Iriver-6gb at NTD7500 ( SGD1=NTD20 Approximately.)
Creative-Zen 30gb about NTD12,000
Ipod Video: 60GB about NTD13,000

Tomorrow doing the Yeliou,Shifen, Jinguashi,Jioufen, Keelung .
Weather: Blistering hot!!

Based on the current Forex, are these cheaper than Sg?
Old 04-07-2006, 10:27 AM   #4255
Supremacy Member

hi i'm going to taipei with my gf in sept ... the best deal we got from travel agency is $659 on China Air & $677 on Jetstar ... thinking of getting Jetstar cuz of the timing ... the agency reconmend Paradise hotel but most ppl here r toking about rainbow .. it's much better ? anyway on our last day the flight is only at 5 pm so just wan to check does rainbow allows late check-out ?
Rainbow is hihgly recommended cuz it's almost located in the centre of XimenDing..very happening at night. And it's near the Ximen MRT station too...
Old 04-07-2006, 10:33 AM   #4256

I believe you can call them up to know the schedule timings:

2781-3888 - Guess x3
2772-9168 - ZYDGD

Add '886' for taiwan country code and then '2' for taipei area code in front.

How advance shd we call to check availability of tickets?
Old 04-07-2006, 10:35 AM   #4257

Rainbow is hihgly recommended cuz it's almost located in the centre of XimenDing..very happening at night. And it's near the Ximen MRT station too...

But other than the more popular hotels: rainbow, royal castle, kilin, is there any other cheaper hotels which are in good location too?

Maybe room rate per nite: S$60- 80?
Old 04-07-2006, 10:40 AM   #4258

ok thanks a lot .. den rainbow hotel would be the one ... wonder is there any promotional fare to taiwan from other airlines ?
Old 04-07-2006, 10:53 AM   #4259

f there is Typhoon, would all the indoor shopping areas be closed?

also one more qn...is it better to go sightseeing and shopping during weekdays as compared to weekends?

Are there any places which are only open during weekend and not weekday, something like Chatuchak in BKK?
Old 04-07-2006, 12:09 PM   #4260
Supremacy Member

How advance shd we call to check availability of tickets?
For this I not too sure but i think other ppl have tried calling them 2-3 weeks before they reach to know about their schedule timings.

browse through some pages in this thread and look at where other forumers stay other than Rainbow. I can suggest another one which have been recommended in here before:

Pai Yueh Hotel

http://www.hktc.com.tw/bh.htm

Location: Ximending, in an alleyway. 10-15mins walk from Ximen Station
Rates: NT$980 and up
Contact no.: 02-2388-1792
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.