HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2006, 04:46 PM   #4276

[QUOTE=queenly]OMG i actually read through all 285 pages.....it was really very useful.

Take train back to hotel then go to Shilin night market

QUOTE]

How to take train back to Taipei city from Jiu Fen?
Old 06-07-2006, 05:12 PM   #4277

[QUOTE=foofam77]
OMG i actually read through all 285 pages.....it was really very useful.

Take train back to hotel then go to Shilin night market

QUOTE]

How to take train back to Taipei city from Jiu Fen?
take bus or cab down to ruifang then take the train back loh
Old 06-07-2006, 08:45 PM   #4278

hi guys, i'm going to Taiwan next week... planning my itinerary now... just wana check, is Leofoo Village worth going?? cuz i will be spending most of my time in Taipei... if it is not fun, then i'll just give it a miss and concentrate on Taipei...

is there any transfer from the hotel to airport?? how do we go about booking it and how much will it cost??
Old 06-07-2006, 09:53 PM   #4279
Supremacy Member

My comments are in TEAL. I try to help as much as possible..experience limited May other members help too

Day 1
Arrival at Chiang Kai Shek Airport
Check-in to Rainbow Hotel
Ximenting

remember to get the FREE prepaid sim card (balance of NT$99) at the handphone rental shop near tourist service centre. If got time at night, probably you can go and visit Longshan Temple and the Night Markets nearby. @Longshan Station

Day 2
Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall / Ding Tai Fung (where is it located?)
Taipei 101 / New York New York Shopping Center / Xin Guang San Yue

Wufenpu
Raohe Street Tourist Night Market

DinTaiFung Restaurant-
main︰信義路二段194號 (886) 2721 1890
branch︰忠孝東路四段218號 (886) 2721 7890
Try the Ice Monster nearby too - to get to Ice Monster from DTF, turn left from the exit, and walk into the alley.
From DTF, you can board a bus to SYS MH. and From SYS MH you can walk to Taipei 101.

Day 3
Yang Ming Shan
Beitou Hot Spring
Danshui / Fisherman Wharf
Shilin Night Market

Day 4
Yehliu
Jiufen
Keelung / Keelung Temple Space (Miao Kou) Snacks (Night Market)
Dihua Street

Day 5
Leofoo Village
Zhong Xiao Dong Lu
Eslite 24 hours Bookstore (how to go there?)

Day 3, 4 are ok. Can't help in day 5 as I'm not too sure of these places

Day 6
Chinese Postal Museum / National Historical Museum / CKS Memorial Hall
Ximending
Move off to CKS Airport
Departs from Taipei to Singapore
Old 06-07-2006, 11:46 PM   #4280

HI all,

Some comments on the Day trip up North.

Important Note: The GouGuang Bus North Station is now known as Taipei Intercity Bus Terminus.

I found it is not convenient to do Shifen on the same day if you really want to enjoy yourself.
I did the route as I recommend to all of you and found that doing just Yeliou,Jinguashi, Jioufen and Keelung is nice and not too tiring.

The Buses are all new and Clean with good Airconditioning. The Drivers call out all the Major stops. There are toilets everywhere including one in Yeliou across from the New Temple being built when walking towards the Yeliou Scenic Area (No Soap or TP here). Yeliou Entry cost : NTD50 and NTD25 (Adult/Kids)
The Bus to Keelung is in front of the Convenience store across from where you get off at Yeliou. In Keelung you have to cross the bridge to the other side to board bus to Jinguashi if coming from Yeliou:

Since My Sis loves Scenery we spent a lot of time in each place, and we saw Tour buses come and go quickly.
Jinguashi also needs a lot of walking especially if you hit the trails.Lovely scenes and very rustic,
Entry NTD100/- (Cheaper for kids -Was not paying attention)

Forumers tip on getting off at 7/11 and walking down the steps is great too in Jioufen (No energy to walk up-did I mention something
about getting old!!)However, do this last before your return trip otherwise, once down, following the road out is residential area
and leads to a large temple. There is a bus stop outside for buses that heads to Rueifang ,Keelung or Taipei.Lots of food here.
Good to eat here first then walk it off before heading to Keelung Miaokow where you will also find lots of lovely local food as well.

In Keelung,getting to Miaokow: Getting off the bus, walk back passed the Sea (Keelung River??)all the way to the otherside to the Macdonalds. Passing the shops in that street, Miaokow is on your left at the First Junction.Not difficult to find.
From Keelung Station you just cross the Street and walk along the Sea .......
Old 07-07-2006, 10:25 AM   #4281

hi chuan3205,

thanks for your advice... thought nobody is gona reply to that posting so had deleted it away... thank goodness you still managed to see and reply to it...

just wana check, where is the tourist service centre located?? you mean we can walk up to that rental handphone shop and ask for a free prepaid SIM card??!!

is Zhongxiao Dunhua Station the nearest MRT station to DTF branch?? how do we go to the restaurant from there?? do you know what is their operating hours??

sorry to bombard you with so many questions!! thanks for your help!!
Old 07-07-2006, 11:50 AM   #4282

is there really no way to do YeLiu -> Shi Fen -> Jiu Fen -> Jin Gua Shi -> KeeLung
within a single day?

If there is, what time shoudl we start setting off from Taipei Main Bus station?
Old 07-07-2006, 12:02 PM   #4283

YMS:

I noted that there are many tourist spots in YMS itself.

As i am travelling by public bus, can anyone suggest what shoudl be the ideal route and points to take/ visit?
Old 07-07-2006, 12:40 PM   #4284
Supremacy Member

paiseh, i try to answers all the questions posted. Please correct me if anything is wrong

just wana check, where is the tourist service centre located?? you mean we can walk up to that rental handphone shop and ask for a free prepaid SIM card??!!
is Zhongxiao Dunhua Station the nearest MRT station to DTF branch?? how do we go to the restaurant from there?? do you know what is their operating hours??
When u have collected your luggages and exit from the gate, the tourist service center is on your right. the handphone rental shops are nearby. There's a small sign on one of the counters advertising the FREE prepaid card.
it looks like this, with the manual book:

To get to DTF: Get off from Zhongxiao XinSheng Station, ask the control station staff for the correct exit. Out from the exit, walk straight and you will see a convenience store- ask the staff again and walk for ard 15mins down the road, you will reach there.

is there really no way to do YeLiu -> Shi Fen -> Jiu Fen -> Jin Gua Shi -> KeeLung
within a single day?
If there is, what time shoudl we start setting off from Taipei Main Bus station?

YMS:
I noted that there are many tourist spots in YMS itself.
As i am travelling by public bus, can anyone suggest what shoudl be the ideal route and points to take/ visit?
It's not impossible, however, as mentioned by Nuttyazn in his latest post, he realised that it is not too convenient to do so. Read again
I left Taipei for Yeliu at around 10am and ended up I have to skip Shifen 'cuz time was not enough.

Very important thing to take note when planning: Time spent travelling is also a factor.

Regarding YMS,
when you take bus to YMS bus terminal, there's a shuttle bus down there to take you around the place - a total of 13 spots in YMS.

Single trip (i.e. stop to stop) can be paid by Easycard or you may buy a ticket that entitled you unlimited ride on that shuttle bus for NT$60/pax.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:37 PM   #4285

paiseh, i try to answers all the questions posted. Please correct me if anything is wrong

When u have collected your luggages and exit from the gate, the tourist service center is on your right. the handphone rental shops are nearby. There's a small sign on one of the counters advertising the FREE prepaid card.
it looks like this, with the manual book:

To get to DTF: Get off from Zhongxiao XinSheng Station, ask the control station staff for the correct exit. Out from the exit, walk straight and you will see a convenience store- ask the staff again and walk for ard 15mins down the road, you will reach there.

It's not impossible, however, as mentioned by Nuttyazn in his latest post, he realised that it is not too convenient to do so. Read again
I left Taipei for Yeliu at around 10am and ended up I have to skip Shifen 'cuz time was not enough.

Very important thing to take note when planning: Time spent travelling is also a factor.

Regarding YMS,
when you take bus to YMS bus terminal, there's a shuttle bus down there to take you around the place - a total of 13 spots in YMS.

Single trip (i.e. stop to stop) can be paid by Easycard or you may buy a ticket that entitled you unlimited ride on that shuttle bus for NT$60/pax.
thanks for the info on YeLiu -> Shi Fen -> Jiu Fen -> Jin Gua Shi -> KeeLung.

So in that case, would it be better for me to do YeLiu -> Shi Fen -> KeeLung on one day, and Jiu Fen -> Jin Gua Shi on another day?

OR would you suggest YeLiu -> Jiu Fen -> Jin Gua Shi -> KeeLung on one day, and Shi Fen on another day?

Last edited by foofam77; 07-07-2006 at 01:39 PM..
Old 07-07-2006, 03:00 PM   #4286
Supremacy Member

thanks for the info on YeLiu -> Shi Fen -> Jiu Fen -> Jin Gua Shi -> KeeLung.

So in that case, would it be better for me to do YeLiu -> Shi Fen -> KeeLung on one day, and Jiu Fen -> Jin Gua Shi on another day?

OR would you suggest YeLiu -> Jiu Fen -> Jin Gua Shi -> KeeLung on one day, and Shi Fen on another day?
Erhmm I'm not really sure about the order but I think:

yeliu -> shifen -> keelung is ok.

jingguashi -> jiufen -> keelung is also ok.

both ways will need to pass by Ruifang anyway.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:24 PM   #4287
Arch-Supremacy Member

Erhm imho, i didnt really find it very useful

but do take note to apply the prepaid sim card (a balance of NT$99) for free at the handphone rental shops in CKS Airport. One passport for one card.

the shop is on your left when u check out from the arrival gate, near to the tourist service counter where u collect the maps etc.
serious i can use their prepaid for free??
Old 07-07-2006, 03:44 PM   #4288
Supremacy Member

YES you can. It's for the tourists~

one passport for one card. just register for FREE!!!

you can top up the card if you used up the balance (NT$99). It's enough for me to make 2 calls (short ones of cuz) back home + 1 sms

btw, just wanna share my experience in Taiwan.
wrote the 10days out in my own blog:

http://chuan3205.blogspot.com

请多多指教!
Old 07-07-2006, 03:56 PM   #4289
Arch-Supremacy Member

Back from taiwan... weather is damn hot... thanks forumers for advices on this trip, here is my actual itineries if anyone needs it although there is changes in the previous plan while in taiwan...cheers

Day 1 - 26th Jun - Mon
CKS Airport to Wonstar Hotel
Reach Wonstar Hotel / OTOT / Buy EzyCard / Buy Hualien Tix
Taipei 101

Day 2 - 27th Jun – Tues
Noon reach Hua lien and stayed at stone house (www.sutohome.com)

Tour guide: Ms Tseng, mobile: 0937-832178
Visit some 3rd grade historical site and some photo taking session along the hualien land trail.

Day 3 - 28th Jun - Wed
Taroko National Park: Taroko Gorge, Eternal shrine, Tunnels of 9 turns, Swallow Ghetto, Qi Xing Tan

Day 4 - 29th Jun - Thur
Hualien Ocean Park

Evening back to taipei
Shop in Ximenting

Day 5 - 30th Jun - Fri
Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall, watched guard changing ceremony
Dan Shui & Fisherman's Wharf
Shihlin Night Market

Day 6 – 1st Jul - Sat
Yeliu

Jiufeng..miss keelung miao kou coz friend want to go back taipei
LongShan temple
Huaxi Night Market

Day 7 – 2nd Jul - Sun
Beitou

SYS memorial hall
Guanghua market in zhong xiao xing sheng
Shop in taipei main underground mall

Day 8 – 3rd Jul - Mon
SOGO in zhong xiao fu xing
Back home 1500hrs.

Taiwan 2006: Taipei/Hualien - Some point and shoot photo for viewing
http://www.imagestation.com/members/edwinckchua
hows the ocean park in hua lien?cos im gg there,if its fun i will go there and skip the tourist guide hiring and those places cos im staying only one day
Old 07-07-2006, 04:11 PM   #4290
Arch-Supremacy Member

YES you can. It's for the tourists~

one passport for one card. just register for FREE!!!

you can top up the card if you used up the balance (NT$99). It's enough for me to make 2 calls (short ones of cuz) back home + 1 sms

btw, just wanna share my experience in Taiwan.
wrote the 10days out in my own blog:

http://chuan3205.blogspot.com

请多多指教!

coll and thanks for the info!much appreciated
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.