HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2006, 07:02 PM   #4291

chuan.....

you must have enjoyed your taiwan trip VERY much...

sibeh steady......
Old 07-07-2006, 07:52 PM   #4292
Supremacy Member

chuan.....

you must have enjoyed your taiwan trip VERY much...

sibeh steady......
Hahaha!! Yah, I did enjoyed the trip very much...

Must visit again!
Old 07-07-2006, 08:53 PM   #4293
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi guys, i'm going to Taiwan next week... planning my itinerary now... just wana check, is Leofoo Village worth going?? cuz i will be spending most of my time in Taipei... if it is not fun, then i'll just give it a miss and concentrate on Taipei...

is there any transfer from the hotel to airport?? how do we go about booking it and how much will it cost??

me too next week!!ya gg on sunday??
Old 07-07-2006, 09:08 PM   #4294

YES you can. It's for the tourists~

one passport for one card. just register for FREE!!!

you can top up the card if you used up the balance (NT$99). It's enough for me to make 2 calls (short ones of cuz) back home + 1 sms

Hey Brother, that is an excellent find!!!!! Will post this info out in my other Forums giving you credit. If you suddenly feel a lot of love in the air, it is from the Forumers online.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:16 PM   #4295

Foofam : YeLiu -> Shi Fen -> Jiu Fen -> Jin Gua Shi -> KeeLung
I have done this before but I was alone and I was lucky with the train connections. However,.I was out doing the same last week with my sis, and found out that people with you might enjoy a certain area and it is not worth while hurrying them up on a holiday. So take it easy and do the Yeliou _ Keelung(Change bus_ Jinguashi> Jioufen>Keelung (Miaokow ) If you finish early, you can take the train to Songshan Station for Raohe St NM or to Taipei Train Station and head for a KTV or Pub. I finishd at 9pm as my sis got tired. (9pm is not late) but 12 hrs of moving around could be tiresome to others as we started at 8.30am.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:20 PM   #4296
Supremacy Member

Hey Brother, that is an excellent find!!!!! Will post this info out in my other Forums giving you credit. If you suddenly feel a lot of love in the air, it is from the Forumers online.
{o_0"}

thanks nuttyazn. I also just knew this info from my gf's fren the day before i left~

Btw, if anyone going to get this prepaid sim card these few weeks, please check it out if it's under a promotion period.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:56 PM   #4297
Supremacy Member

courtesy of edmw:

photoblog of this ang moh in Taiwan, check it out -

http://www.mondophoto.net/asia/taiwa.../taipei01.html
Old 08-07-2006, 03:51 AM   #4298

This forum is great!!! Finally read thru all the 287 pages. took me 4 days though. Really useful in planning for my taiwan trip.

Will be leaving on the 24th july to 2nd aug. Will post my itinerary soon once done. Juz some questions to ask those whu are familar or have been there.

1. Where is the exact location of the Ah zhong mian xian? can't seem to find any ppl mentioning how to go there...

2. The minsu in hualien (owner ms liu) as mention by afew of you guys, how much it will cost for a 2 day tour by the tour guide ms zheng excluding the accomodation cost? does it matter is there are only 2 of us -pricewise? (me and my gf)

3. Also, i would like to go for the variety show recording eg. guess or zhong yi da ge da. anybody knows if there is any during this period of time?
Old 08-07-2006, 08:59 AM   #4299
Supremacy Member

1. Where is the exact location of the Ah zhong mian xian? can't seem to find any ppl mentioning how to go there...

2. The minsu in hualien (owner ms liu) as mention by afew of you guys, how much it will cost for a 2 day tour by the tour guide ms zheng excluding the accomodation cost? does it matter is there are only 2 of us -pricewise? (me and my gf)

3. Also, i would like to go for the variety show recording eg. guess or zhong yi da ge da. anybody knows if there is any during this period of time?

1. Ah Zhong Mian Xian is in XimenDin. Very easily found (especially when there's a crowd almost everytime) if you explore the whole place..

2. The Minsu (石头的jia) is under Ms. Liu while the tour guide from the Minsu is Ms Zheng. It doesn't matter if it's just the 2 of you going for tour. I went there previously - it was NT$900/pax for a day's tour and NT$1000/night in Minsu. For a 2 days' tour, I think it should be double of that - NT$1800 - but not sure if it's negotiable or there's any discount. You can email or call (preferred) them up. Also, tell them the places in Hualien you wanna go, they can plan swee swee for you

(You can just call Ms Liu alone and she'll settle for you.)

3. For variety recordings, I think it will be better to call them up. I'm sure you have the contact numbers since you read up this thread

Hope it helps!

Last edited by chuan3205; 08-07-2006 at 09:28 AM..
Old 08-07-2006, 09:34 AM   #4300
Supremacy Member

Nuttyazn's website also have a map on Tourist sites in Taipei by MRT: http://crazy_azn1.tripod.com/taiwan/id5.html

I've just uploaded an up-to-date one:

Click here for a bigger resolution.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:13 AM   #4301

me too next week!!ya gg on sunday??
nope... me going next tues...

hey, has anyone heard of the Kiki restaurant that is open by Lan Xin Mei?? where is it located & how to get there??
Old 08-07-2006, 02:30 PM   #4302
Arch-Supremacy Member

1. Ah Zhong Mian Xian is in XimenDin. Very easily found (especially when there's a crowd almost everytime) if you explore the whole place..

2. The Minsu (石头的jia) is under Ms. Liu while the tour guide from the Minsu is Ms Zheng. It doesn't matter if it's just the 2 of you going for tour. I went there previously - it was NT$900/pax for a day's tour and NT$1000/night in Minsu. For a 2 days' tour, I think it should be double of that - NT$1800 - but not sure if it's negotiable or there's any discount. You can email or call (preferred) them up. Also, tell them the places in Hualien you wanna go, they can plan swee swee for you

(You can just call Ms Liu alone and she'll settle for you.)

3. For variety recordings, I think it will be better to call them up. I'm sure you have the contact numbers since you read up this thread

Hope it helps![/COLOR]

im staying at that minsu!!keke

anyway someone mentioned a ma la hotpot here which is very nice in xmd.where's the exact location??

will post my final itenary once its done
Old 08-07-2006, 10:30 PM   #4303

hows the ocean park in hua lien?cos im gg there,if its fun i will go there and skip the tourist guide hiring and those places cos im staying only one day
Those rides are quite normal nothing spectacular...however enjoy the scheduled performances there, its a 1 day event...would suggest taroko park if u r to spend only a day in hualien..great sceneries
Old 09-07-2006, 09:28 AM   #4304
Supremacy Member

im staying at that minsu!!keke

anyway someone mentioned a ma la hotpot here which is very nice in xmd.where's the exact location??

will post my final itenary once its done
Hee yup this minsu is weidely recommended in here

I think you are talking about Fei Tian (飞天) MaLa Hotpot located in XimenDin mentioned by someone previously. I went recently, I managed to found it (after walking for some time, it's sort of 'outside of Ximendin shopping area') but decided to skip it and try another one:

'Cuz comparing the prices, I felt this was more value for money. More variety of food and you can also bbq the food at the same time!

Total cost includ. service charge = NT$878 for 2 persons.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:44 PM   #4305
Banned

Smile help !!!

Hello!!! guy, me a newbie in this forum will be also going to Taipei 5D4N first long oversea travel and going alone( abet scare) in coming sept 06 . Below I have a few questions need to ask the expert, hope that you all can assist me a few.

1. I will be staying in the Good Ground Hotel for the above day, any comment about this hotel. E.g.: Location, room, and other?

2. From the CKS airport, is there what transport should I take? e.g.: bus, train, or taxi that can reach the hotel/place?

3. As I will be travel with jetstarasia, as you know by the time when I reach the airport + travel to the hotel it will be quite late. So my main concern is should I inform the hotel that I will be check-in late or by default will they hold for me? And I have paid all the hotel cost already. By the way I book the hotel through jetstarasia website under octopustravel-asia.

4. I will be confuse as if I read through all the 280+ page in this forum, so I request that if your itinerary match with my travel day(5D4N) and same hotel or same travel day + different hotel but still in xinmentin. So is there possible that you share your detail itinerary with me? And sorry for the trouble cause.

5. What are the safety concern should I look for, since I travel along without experience ?

Well.... that all for the time being, and in future I may have other question ask to check with you all, once again thank you so much for reading my silly post and have a nice day

Last edited by superman2006; 09-07-2006 at 01:57 PM.. Reason: aaa
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.