Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-12-2004, 07:47 AM   #421
pop
Master Member

yup..it is those tour buses with luggage compartment.. ^^
sry ah, but need to clarify. Is it the overhead compartment above the seats or those outside the bus, where all passengers dump their luggages there? I prefer to be able to carry my luggage up the bus with me.

Thanks for sharing, naomi. Looks like you have had fun there.
Old 28-12-2004, 09:13 AM   #422

sry ah, but need to clarify. Is it the overhead compartment above the seats or those outside the bus, where all passengers dump their luggages there? I prefer to be able to carry my luggage up the bus with me.

Thanks for sharing, naomi. Looks like you have had fun there.
THe luggage compartment is outside the bus one.. n they haf designated areas to designated destination.. Hahhaha.... but if ur luggage is not that big, u r allowed to carry it up onto the bus with u :p
Old 28-12-2004, 09:17 AM   #423
pop
Master Member

THe luggage compartment is outside the bus one.. n they haf designated areas to designated destination.. Hahhaha.... but if ur luggage is not that big, u r allowed to carry it up onto the bus with u :p
If it is outside compartment, I don't like to put my luggage there. I lost my luggage this way once in Bangkok. I later realise it is so easy for people who stop earlier than you to just drag your luggage with them.
Old 28-12-2004, 09:35 AM   #424

If it is outside compartment, I don't like to put my luggage there. I lost my luggage this way once in Bangkok. I later realise it is so easy for people who stop earlier than you to just drag your luggage with them.
hi Pop,

nt to worry..the bus company hv a gd system..
although it is those outside compartment but the luggages will be seperated into individual compartment for each stop. And when you place yr luggage into the compartment..yr luggage will be tag with a no..and u will be given a no tag too..when u alight..the bus driver will check the tag b4 u can take yr luggage.. ^^
Old 28-12-2004, 09:59 AM   #425
pop
Master Member

Cool. Thanks for the info. Guess I'm still haunted by my bad experience in BK.
Old 29-12-2004, 05:27 PM   #426
Master Member

those who went, how much did ya all spend averagely a day for food and shopping?
Old 29-12-2004, 10:35 PM   #427

i sent around S$30 on average. i didnt buy lotsa stuff coz mostly winter wear mah. juz mainly on food and bubble tea lol. muz go n check out their range of teas! cheap and nice woohoo
Old 30-12-2004, 08:35 AM   #428
pop
Master Member

Is it better to change money there? If so, where is a good place to do it? Thks.
Old 31-12-2004, 12:19 PM   #429

sorrie... but i find it strange that people are asking this question...
i personally change at chinatown.. rate was 19.52, 1 week ago...
unless you are changing 10K SGD... i dun see how differentw with the rate...
Old 02-01-2005, 10:23 AM   #430
Supremacy Member

so anyone went to the countdown?
Old 04-01-2005, 06:29 PM   #431
Banned

so anyone went to the countdown?
hmm.. i stayed in the 飯店 in taipei, from window can see taipei101 put some pyrotechnics and then the lights on the building flashed 5 times.. signifying the year 2005..

very beautiful.. will try to post pics of it lighted up..

okays.. here is it..

Last edited by PlatinumX; 04-01-2005 at 06:41 PM..
Old 06-01-2005, 04:43 AM   #432

Will be going to Taipei LATER!

Will be catching the Mayday concert there too
Old 07-01-2005, 06:36 AM   #433
pop
Master Member

sorrie... but i find it strange that people are asking this question...
i personally change at chinatown.. rate was 19.52, 1 week ago...
unless you are changing 10K SGD... i dun see how differentw with the rate...
no, it is not strange at all. I've experienced, with some previous trips, that I get better rates changing in the countries I was visiting.

Money changers are running business operations. To make a profit, they have to consider the costs of business operations, such as rental, salary and other related costs. Such costs vary from country to country resulting in possible differences in exchange rates provided by money changers. Sometimes the difference may be significant, sometimes probably not.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:08 AM   #434
High Honorary Member

no, it is not strange at all. I've experienced, with some previous trips, that I get better rates changing in the countries I was visiting.

Money changers are running business operations. To make a profit, they have to consider the costs of business operations, such as rental, salary and other related costs. Such costs vary from country to country resulting in possible differences in exchange rates provided by money changers. Sometimes the difference may be significant, sometimes probably not.
Btw in taipei, outside airport, the only place you can change currency is either hotels or banks.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:26 AM   #435
pop
Master Member

Btw in taipei, outside airport, the only place you can change currency is either hotels or banks.
that's true, I didn't see any money changers around. In the end, I just drew fom ATMs through my CC.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.