HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-07-2006, 09:36 PM   #4426

Hi all,

I have been reading this thread and collecting info all along and find all these info very useful. I would like to know from nutty that I booked 2 rooms with Royal Castle Hotel which is a triple room and a twin room. I would like to know if upon reaching there can I change a room? It is because 1 of my friends not yet confirmed and supposedly there are six of us and will be goin to Taipei in 23rd of Sep by JetStar Asia. Another enquiry is that this thread did not specifically any info that where men or guys can buy men's clothes, wear, shoes? I would like to know if it is advisable to buy in Taipei compare the price in Singapore? Are Gundam models cheap in Taipei over there? If yes, where could I get them? Thanks.
hi
there is a gundam shop at this KMall
台北車站前的 KMall 資訊廣場 (前大亞百貨)

see the website. the KMall got small and huge gundam models..
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jccchou/8873317/

the shop is located same level as muji shop..
u can go there shop around..look for ur stuffs.
can take pic with the giant gundam model (very big)

hope this useful to u.

i stayed in this royal castle hotel before.. small hotel room with very nice and friendly hotel staffs.
i think they are able to get wat u need ..

location is good. 5 mins or less walk striaght to xmd station. nearby got mala steamboat, xmd shopping streets, and convenient stores jus across the hotel and popular tattoo shop..

there is a internet access at the basement mini in-house restaurant.
Old 22-07-2006, 05:27 PM   #4427

Hi everyone... i have benefitted a lot from the post here and will be travelling to taiwan this wed.

But i still have a couple of doubts and hope that u guys here can help me with.

a) Is it possible to walk from (i)CKS memorial hall then to (ii)DTF main branch 信義路二段194 then to (iii)Guang Hua computer stuff (MRT Stop Zhongxiao Xinsheng > Exit 4 > Turn right, walk to second junction , turn left , walk 2 mins to new location along Civic Blvd)?

the distance looks short on the map but looks are deceiving haha

b)What is the opening hours for the shops inBook Street at Chongqing S Rd. Sec 1.

Thanks for the help!
Old 23-07-2006, 12:34 AM   #4428
Arch-Supremacy Member

hello everyone!!im back!!will update tmr.just back home,damn shag now
Old 23-07-2006, 01:58 AM   #4429
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thou i had not booked from this hotel before, but i believe you can just do the changes at there IF THERE'RE AVAILABLE ROOMS. You can always call them up to ask again, one week before etc.

Erhm, IMHO, I went there and realised the fashion style of men's clothes doesn't suit me. Too beng/ funky/hip-hop?? If you are looking for formal wear, there're major shopping centres which I find the price not much difference. In XMD and Shihlin, prob what a guy can look out for are the various kinds of sneakers and sports shoes. They are slightly cheaper than here. I saw some Gundam toys sold in Miramar SC but the price wasnt any cheaper too.

Perhaps other forumers came across any shops with good bargains, do share with us

not really lei.for me case,i find thier men clothes quite ha-ri(jap) so i actually bought alot.of cos not all are nice to be honest...they are more err blackie rap(those whats up man) type than beng lah
Old 23-07-2006, 04:19 AM   #4430

Hello there anyone know where can i buy computer hardware and PC stuff in Taipei?
Seagate SATA2 250gb x 2 RAID 0[/SIZE]
Old 23-07-2006, 12:26 PM   #4431

GuangHua Mart 光華商場 MRT Stop Zhongxiao Xinsheng > Exit 4 > Turn right, walk to second junction , turn left , walk 2 mins to new location. First traffic Lights is Bade Rd, On your Right the short street is full of Computer shops as well.
Blk 3,4 n 5.

For Books, Games, CD's Blk 1 n 2
Old 23-07-2006, 01:05 PM   #4432
Arch-Supremacy Member

GuangHua Mart 光華商場 MRT Stop Zhongxiao Xinsheng > Exit 4 > Turn right, walk to second junction , turn left , walk 2 mins to new location. First traffic Lights is Bade Rd, On your Right the short street is full of Computer shops as well.
Blk 3,4 n 5.

For Books, Games, CD's Blk 1 n 2

yeah went there and got quite a number of staff.trust me,its damn cheap.i got a 2gb thumb driver for like $80 and my gf too,2gb CF card also $80.
Old 23-07-2006, 08:03 PM   #4433

Hi

Able to advise on how to get to Wulai Waterfall (From the Hsintien MRT station?

Is is safe for a gal to go alone?

Sori if this has been mentioned before, I started reading from the front, then cause too long, so started from the back pages, might have missed out something... >.<
Old 24-07-2006, 12:39 AM   #4434

Hi

Able to advise on how to get to Wulai Waterfall (From the Hsintien MRT station?

Is is safe for a gal to go alone?

Sori if this has been mentioned before, I started reading from the front, then cause too long, so started from the back pages, might have missed out something... >.<
Hi,

You can take a public bus from the bus stop just outside Hsintien MRT station to Wulai. Ask around for direction. There should be signs indicating route and destination at the bus stop. Confirm with bus driver if needed.

The bus should bring you to Wulai bus terminal. You would have to walk to Wulai 'Old Street' Lao Jie (abt 10 mins from bus terminal). After Wulai Lao Jie, you should come to a bridge overlooking a wide river. You should able to see a sign indicating direction to Wulai Waterfall by taking a mini train. Travel by this train takes 10 mins. Alternatively, you could walk or take a cab but I recommend the train.

It should be safe to go there in daylight. There is nothing much there except for the waterfall. You should go with your loved ones as it is quite a romantic place. It really makes a huge difference, trust me!
Old 24-07-2006, 11:03 AM   #4435

anyone going taipei on 16/8?
i going by jetstar 1300, staying in Hotel PARADISE(RENOVATED), Taipei.
anyone stay in Hotel PARADISE(RENOVATED), Taipei. B4???
Old 24-07-2006, 11:32 AM   #4436

woah... seems nice.. Too bad, this is gonna be a solo trip.. So thk most likely is going to do this alone. Hope to take some nicey pictures of Wulai waterfall though... Uh, one more Q, is there any place nearby where I can see sunset ?

Hi,

You can take a public bus from the bus stop just outside Hsintien MRT station to Wulai. Ask around for direction. There should be signs indicating route and destination at the bus stop. Confirm with bus driver if needed.

The bus should bring you to Wulai bus terminal. You would have to walk to Wulai 'Old Street' Lao Jie (abt 10 mins from bus terminal). After Wulai Lao Jie, you should come to a bridge overlooking a wide river. You should able to see a sign indicating direction to Wulai Waterfall by taking a mini train. Travel by this train takes 10 mins. Alternatively, you could walk or take a cab but I recommend the train.

It should be safe to go there in daylight. There is nothing much there except for the waterfall. You should go with your loved ones as it is quite a romantic place. It really makes a huge difference, trust me!
Old 24-07-2006, 07:30 PM   #4437

For anyone who is going to taipei from aug 10 - 15 can go to their comic exhibition going to be held in world trade exhibition hall 2, admission tic is required for 100NT.

for more info can refer to the website below

http://www.ccpa.org.tw/comic/ccpa2006/comic_visit.htm

Last edited by ezann84; 24-07-2006 at 08:12 PM..
Old 24-07-2006, 08:57 PM   #4438

Shifen
- From the front of the Keelung Railway Station (will see starbucks and burger king) take a Keelung Bus to Ruifang. (NT50)
- 遊客可在瑞芳火車站轉車搭乘平溪線火車,在大華站或十分站下車,沿著鐵路步行約15分左右即可抵達十分大瀑布。
- Stay for maybe 2-3 hours
Uh... Could someone pls translate the chinese portion >.< Sori, chinese isnt my forte...
Old 24-07-2006, 09:09 PM   #4439
Supremacy Member

Uh... Could someone pls translate the chinese portion >.< Sori, chinese isnt my forte...
遊客可在瑞芳火車站轉車搭乘平溪線火車,在大華站或十分站下車,沿著鐵路步行約15分左右即可抵達十分大瀑布。

Tourists can opt to transfer to 'ping xi' line in 'rui fang' railway station. Afterwhich they can either alight at 'da hua' station or 'shi fen' station and tak e a 15mins walk along the railway to reach 'shi fen' waterfall.
Old 24-07-2006, 11:08 PM   #4440

woah... seems nice.. Too bad, this is gonna be a solo trip.. So thk most likely is going to do this alone. Hope to take some nicey pictures of Wulai waterfall though... Uh, one more Q, is there any place nearby where I can see sunset ?
Hi,

Sorry, I have no idea where. Enjoy yourself. PM me if you want a preview of the waterfall.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.