HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-07-2006, 08:05 PM   #4456

Thanks for the info link. May I know the pricing of Gundam models will be ard??
sorry pal..
i din pay much attention to the pricing... but there sure plenty of gundum toys around when i was there my trip..

cannot help u much on tis ya...

but i do remember a box of hello kitty peach mint cost NTD42 at 7-11 stores..
Old 25-07-2006, 08:54 PM   #4457

anyone going taipei on 16/8?
i going by jetstar 1300, staying in Hotel PARADISE(RENOVATED), Taipei.
anyone stay in Hotel PARADISE(RENOVATED), Taipei. B4???
BRO n SIS, can u all reply my msg??? thanks...
anyone stay in Hotel PARADISE(RENOVATED)一樂園大飯店,
http://letsgo.wingnet.com.tw/paradise/
Taipei. B4???

this hotel looks scary 2 me....
Old 25-07-2006, 09:02 PM   #4458

Clarity, You seem to like Museums. There is a special Tourist Map out now by the Taipei Local Govt re visiting some 13 Museums Free plus some will give you momentos e.t.c. But you got to have that Map/Brochure. Each place you visit will rubber stamp your trip. At the end I think you get another souvenier or something. I got one from the Taipei Main Station. I'll see where else it is available and post the info.
Hee, thank you nuttyazn =) You're right, I love museums

Btw, have anyone been to the Bitan Scenic area? From what I found, it seems that it's something like a river, and there is a hugh suspension bridge? As this is near to Wulai, thought of dropping by

The nearest MRT to this would be XiaoBitan or HsienTien?
Old 25-07-2006, 09:54 PM   #4459
Supremacy Member

BRO n SIS, can u all reply my msg??? thanks...
anyone stay in Hotel PARADISE(RENOVATED)一樂園大飯店,
http://letsgo.wingnet.com.tw/paradise/
Taipei. B4???

this hotel looks scary 2 me....
from the pictures I dont really think it's that scary..compared to the one i stayed last time - Mei Shiuan Hotel - I guess this is much more better.

Google and look out for those people who had stayed before in this hotel and gave comments IF there's still no reply from anyone here.

Old 25-07-2006, 11:37 PM   #4460

Hee, thank you nuttyazn =) You're right, I love museums

Btw, have anyone been to the Bitan Scenic area? From what I found, it seems that it's something like a river, and there is a hugh suspension bridge? As this is near to Wulai, thought of dropping by

The nearest MRT to this would be XiaoBitan or HsienTien?
There is actually a lot to see here in Taipei and its Surburbs.

The New Map is called: Taipei "Inner City" Area Tour map
History Revival Festival from 7/1/2006 ~ 8/31/2006 Free entry to 13 Museums(Taipei Cultural Center) Collect Q&A 6 Stamps for fine gifts
Available at Hotels in theZhongZheng District,MRTStations,Museums Taipei City Hall (Tourism Bureau).

When taking the MRT to Xindian Station, do not get off when you hear "For passengers transferring to Xiaobitan, pls get off here."; your station is Xindian, not Xiaobitan.
The suspension bridge, cafes, games and swan boats (They're boats that you pedal yourselves) are all in Bitan, next to the MRT station. As you exit the station, you'll see a high fence---Bitan is below---walk south toward the market street and you will see steps on your right leading to the bridge. In the morning there is a market with food stalls near those steps; on weekend nights there are games and some food stalls also. Good time to visit even though it may b a bit crowded is Fri or Sat Evening. (Bitan info by CC of TA)

Last edited by nuttyazn; 25-07-2006 at 11:39 PM..
Old 25-07-2006, 11:51 PM   #4461

There is actually a lot to see here in Taipei and its Surburbs.

The New Map is called: Taipei "Inner City" Area Tour map
History Revival Festival from 7/1/2006 ~ 8/31/2006 Free entry to 13 Museums(Taipei Cultural Center) Collect Q&A 6 Stamps for fine gifts
Available at Hotels in theZhongZheng District,MRTStations,Museums Taipei City Hall (Tourism Bureau).

When taking the MRT to Xindian Station, do not get off when you hear "For passengers transferring to Xiaobitan, pls get off here."; your station is Xindian, not Xiaobitan.
The suspension bridge, cafes, games and swan boats (They're boats that you pedal yourselves) are all in Bitan, next to the MRT station. As you exit the station, you'll see a high fence---Bitan is below---walk south toward the market street and you will see steps on your right leading to the bridge. In the morning there is a market with food stalls near those steps; on weekend nights there are games and some food stalls also. Good time to visit even though it may b a bit crowded is Fri or Sat Evening. (Bitan info by CC of TA)
Hmmmmmm.... Thk I should spend some time there
Old 26-07-2006, 09:44 AM   #4462

sorry pal..
i din pay much attention to the pricing... but there sure plenty of gundum toys around when i was there my trip..

Nevermind thanks so much for ur help
Old 26-07-2006, 09:46 AM   #4463

sorry pal..

Hello Kitty peach mints? U ate it? R u a gal? How was it? Then I can consider buying back some for my sis.
Old 26-07-2006, 10:37 AM   #4464

Hi Nutty

I have a problem here!!
I will be travelling on the 8th August and going to Hualien on the next following morning which is 9th August. My intention is to purchase Hualien Train Tickets on the 1st day when I reached Taipei Station.
But I realised that it is actually school holiday period and afraid that all tickets will be sold by that then.
I tried to book tickets online but I have to collect them before the due date stated. I called up to their customer service and she explained to me that the only way to secure the tickets is to pay thru credit card (TAIWAN CREDIT CARD only). I tried using DBS Master but failed.
Being KIASU, is there any other way to get the tickets earlier? Given to the worse scenario whereby all tickets sold, I heard that I can still pay to aboard the train but have to STAND all the way....is it true?
Old 26-07-2006, 10:38 AM   #4465

Hello Kitty peach mints? U ate it? R u a gal? How was it? Then I can consider buying back some for my sis.
ermmm the box is cute.. but the sweet not very minty.. got peach favour..

there are mickey mouse candy too.. very nice
Old 26-07-2006, 11:42 AM   #4466

ermmm the box is cute.. but the sweet not very minty.. got peach favour..

there are mickey mouse candy too.. very nice
Ok thanks I think I will buy some for my sis
Old 27-07-2006, 02:22 AM   #4467

hi all, i just came back from Taiwan....it was a good and fun trip...

wanna say thanks to all who have helped me b4.....

also, i think yeh liou/jiufen is a MUST visit for tourist....really must try... haha
Old 27-07-2006, 08:44 AM   #4468

Anybody would like to advise or help in this?

Hi Nutty

I have a problem here!!
I will be travelling on the 8th August and going to Hualien on the next following morning which is 9th August. My intention is to purchase Hualien Train Tickets on the 1st day when I reached Taipei Station.
But I realised that it is actually school holiday period and afraid that all tickets will be sold by that then.
I tried to book tickets online but I have to collect them before the due date stated. I called up to their customer service and she explained to me that the only way to secure the tickets is to pay thru credit card (TAIWAN CREDIT CARD only). I tried using DBS Master but failed.
Being KIASU, is there any other way to get the tickets earlier? Given to the worse scenario whereby all tickets sold, I heard that I can still pay to aboard the train but have to STAND all the way....is it true?
Old 27-07-2006, 08:54 AM   #4469
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi Nutty

I have a problem here!!

i dont really find the school holiday much of an issue.i just came back from there which the holiday already started and i have no problem at all getting any tickets.yes,i saw one guy standing all the way but not sure if there was no tickets and he just board it or he short change those train people.i only bought the tickets one day before i went hualien
Old 27-07-2006, 06:27 PM   #4470

Hi All,

Flying tml to Taipei already.. Any comments on my itinery? Reaching Taipei @ 5.40pm via Jetstar...

Day one : Dinner with fren(Mala huo guo!), Shilin Nite Market

Day two : Yehliu, Shifen, Jiufen. After that, more shopping @ nite market / Ximending if got time.
Planning to set off @ abt 9am.

Day three : Wulai waterfall, Bitan Scenic area, GongGuang Market, Wufenpu, Raohe Nite market
Planning to set off @ abt 9am.

Day Four : Xing Guang San Yue(uh, wat time do they open? 9am open liao?), GuangHua Computer Market, Beitou Hotspring, Titto Glass Museum, Danshui (see sunset), More nite market if got time..

Day Five : Taipei 101. Flying back via Jetstar @ 6.40pm...
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.