Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-05-2004, 01:45 PM   #31
High Supremacy Member

Originally posted by guanoe
ok qns by qns...

once you come out of airport. outside the arrival hall got one side for taking cabs and one side for taking bus. The bus will come at regular intervals. Look at their sign pasted to say go taipei. Can ask the people if dont know. Pay for ticket on the bus.

If not can take cab to tao yuan jiao lu zhan and take aloha or more bus to taipei.

Yes.. Dansui for real nice bbq food.
Yeliu is to see rock formation. quite nice too.
Keelung i haven been there so not much help but i heard is just a normal city to see. complete the taipei trip.
Yang ming shan same.

shopping....

Zhong hsiao dong lu is the entire stretch like orchard road. Lots of high class shopping and departmental stores. Alot of independent labels too.. must find hard. It stretches from from 3 mrts stops zhong hsiao dun hua to zhong hsiao fuxing. (names of mrt stops)

Ximenting for more lower age crowd.. something like fart east shopping centre type and annex level of heeren

101 area is super upmarket type like A/X and DKNY type.. lots of chio ppl here

Shih ling Night Markets lots to eat and buy (go at abt 10pm to 3pm)

You got accomodation already? I can recommend this very cheap but stilll consider good to me. NT$700 a night for single. Near Central Railway/MRT stop.

As for the MRTs... wont get lost. Very organise like singapore one. Not as crowded as japan subway. But becareful dont confuse the railway for MRT.
thanks bro for all the info
I'll just stick to the bus at the airport
i go ther see PC HW and eat only

maybe buy a blardy Lain Li V2000 back
Old 18-05-2004, 09:27 PM   #32
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just return from taiwan this evening.

If anyone is going to see hardware there, try not to go on weekend. The corridor is very small. One person open arm wide wide is about the corridor liao. Weekend can hardly walk.
But if go weekend beside guang hua got a weekend farm market or something like it. All local product from all over taiwan. eg wild boar meat, qi yu fish ball, peach,.....
Old 18-05-2004, 09:39 PM   #33
Arch-Supremacy Member

Originally posted by wai

How's this hotel?

now only NT990

http://www.easytravel.com.tw/ehotel/...?n=6864&sn=635

how will be the payment like if u book online?

thanks
Take the NT990 if u are one person only. I saw the room very ke lian small. 2 small size ger can fit in lah.

Take the NT1440 double room. The hotel is just good enough for sleeping only. Dont expect too much.
It provide internet access but require ur personal laptop. Very near to MRT. Less than 5 min walk. Rainbow also very near.
Royal castle and kilin a bit far lah

This hotel is mostly freq by hong konger and japanese. Less singaporean.
Those single room i heard is mostly book by taiwanese student from other town.

Payment is by credit or debit card. Done online. They will send u a comfirm email which u print and bring to the hotel.

Easytravel not too bad lah. The day before still got sms me to remind me.
Old 18-05-2004, 09:47 PM   #34
Arch-Supremacy Member

Shopping wise can go zhong xiao area. Shop till u drop dead. But what they sell are what we have in orchard. Sogo sogo sogo....
Price about the same.

Alcohol wise as cheap as our duty free. Vodka one bottle $25 sing at 7-eleven

MRT just like singapore. The most confusing station is taipei main station which is like douby gaut. Have to walk one end to the other end. Just see color. Red and blue line is useful only
Old 19-05-2004, 02:02 PM   #35
Master Member

Originally posted by History

Take the NT990 if u are one person only. I saw the room very ke lian small. 2 small size ger can fit in lah.

Take the NT1440 double room. The hotel is just good enough for sleeping only. Dont expect too much.
It provide internet access but require ur personal laptop. Very near to MRT. Less than 5 min walk. Rainbow also very near.

This hotel is mostly freq by hong konger and japanese. Less singaporean.
Those single room i heard is mostly book by taiwanese student from other town.

Payment is by credit or debit card. Done online. They will send u a comfirm email which u print and bring to the hotel.

Easytravel not too bad lah. The day before still got sms me to remind me.
i know of more budget hotels but really considered good. I stayed there twice. Highly recommended. NT$700/night

Mei Shiuan Hotel at Tai Yuan Road 5 mins from Railway Station. Near Starbucks coffee.
Old 20-05-2004, 06:02 PM   #36
Master Member

I am thinking going to Taipei from 18-22 June also

Any cheap air ticket to recommend?

I had check ZuJi and it is around S$660 for EVA (depart at 1.10pm to taipei and 0740am back to singapore)

Another alternative is SIA, but cost S$800 for tickets only

Any site can recomemnd me to book cheap tickets to Taipei? Preferraly go with EVA or China Airline
Old 20-05-2004, 09:39 PM   #37
High Supremacy Member

Originally posted by freehtml

I had check ZuJi and it is around S$660 for EVA (depart at 1.10pm to taipei and 0740am back to singapore)

Any site can recomemnd me to book cheap tickets to Taipei? Preferraly go with EVA or China Airline
get the packsge that give you 2 nights stay with ticket at S$700~800.. then add on or find other lodging yourself ..

and go after the june holis... cheaper
Old 20-05-2004, 09:54 PM   #38
Master Member

Not that expensive lahz. Booked mine from 28june to 2july for SIA flight.
5 DAYS 4 NITE free and easy inclusive of hotel + transfer+ airport tax + 1 day free mrt pass for $875. Think should be cheaper to book now due to the intense competition in avaiation industry.
Old 20-05-2004, 11:09 PM   #39
Master Member

Originally posted by chipmunk
Not that expensive lahz. Booked mine from 28june to 2july for SIA flight.
5 DAYS 4 NITE free and easy inclusive of hotel + transfer+ airport tax + 1 day free mrt pass for $875. Think should be cheaper to book now due to the intense competition in avaiation industry.
where did you book the ticket?

I am actually looking for around 600++ for air ticket and of course the timing...
Old 20-05-2004, 11:10 PM   #40
Master Member

Originally posted by booest

get the packsge that give you 2 nights stay with ticket at S$700~800.. then add on or find other lodging yourself ..

and go after the june holis... cheaper
too bad only have time during June holidays...

As for lodging, I will ask my fren over there to keep a look out.
Old 21-05-2004, 01:01 AM   #41
wai
Arch-Supremacy Member

internet must pay or not??

speed??

surf from your room or need to go to lobby or something to surf?
Old 21-05-2004, 01:02 AM   #42
wai
Arch-Supremacy Member

Originally posted by guanoe

i know of more budget hotels but really considered good. I stayed there twice. Highly recommended. NT$700/night

Mei Shiuan Hotel at Tai Yuan Road 5 mins from Railway Station. Near Starbucks coffee.
wah....NT$700 even cheaper

which hotel? any URL to book online?
Old 21-05-2004, 09:53 AM   #43
Arch-Supremacy Member

Originally posted by wai

internet must pay or not??

speed??

surf from your room or need to go to lobby or something to surf?
Only at the lobby. Should be free access.

If u stay at the taipei railstation there is a taiwan tourist help desk or something that provide travel tips, free internet via their desktop and wirless with ur own laptop. FREE!!!
Old 21-05-2004, 11:06 AM   #44
wai
Arch-Supremacy Member

Only at the lobby. Should be free access.

If u stay at the taipei railstation there is a taiwan tourist help desk or something that provide travel tips, free internet via their desktop and wirless with ur own laptop. FREE!!!
wah...more high tech than Singapore

the railway station got open 24hrs a day?

a bit troublesome to surf at the lobby thou, where else got free wireless access in taipei? thanks!
Old 21-05-2004, 08:28 PM   #45
Master Member

where did you book the ticket?

I am actually looking for around 600++ for air ticket and of course the timing...
Book from SA tour lor. Bundled the trip with a 3* hotel located in xi meng ting . Hotel name is called kilin.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.