HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2006, 12:35 PM   #4516

Wah..looks like some history education tour..maybe u'll like to tell us where ur hotel is (starting point), then probably can have better planning? But still hope u can come up with ur own itenary then ask us for pointers... i believe these 300 pages covers almost all of the places u wanna go...
actually i been to taipei before and i been visiting those trendy n shopping areas...therefore this time i wana go and visit their historic nature...
the ting is i do not know where thses places are located therefore i cnt plan my itenary..hope u guys cn understand...sori..
i will be staying in rainbow hotel in ximenting..
Old 03-08-2006, 12:47 PM   #4517

There is a New Map is called: Taipei "Inner City" Area Tour map
History Revival Festival from 7/1/2006 ~ 8/31/2006
Free entry to 13 Museums(Taipei Cultural Center) Collect Q&A - 6 Stamps for fine gifts
Available at Hotels in theZhongZheng District,MRTStations,Museums Taipei City Hall (Tourism Bureau).
Many of these are around the Ximending Area.I'll see if I can scan some info and post it for you tomorrow.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:58 PM   #4518

hi all..i will be goin got taiwan on 12-20 aug...i

Confucius Temple, Pao-an Temple, Longshan Temple, Dihua St, Story house, Huahsi St, Yangmishan, Lin An-tai Historic house, Raohe St..

Which of these places are worth visiting??Pls help mi to plan the route to those places too...pls...help...
From the temples, a lot of them are within reach by MRT.
http://crazy_azn1.tripod.com/taiwan/id5.html
Di Hua St is nothing much , like Singapore Old Chinatown selling Chinese medicines, foodstuff e.t.c. We only go there during CNY to buy nuts and stuff but now they have competetion from Dept stores so No need to go so far either as prices not really far off.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:07 PM   #4519

i am back from taipei yest.. thanks for all the tips and advices in this forum!!
now that i am back.. i hope i can be of help to the forumers here..

juz a show of my itinerary for the 10 days..

day1: check in future star hotel
shilin night market

day2: yeliu
jiufen
went ruifang for dinner
stay over at jiufen minsu

day3: jiufen
taipei main station underground mall

day4: hualien
stayover at hualien minsu

day5: hualien
ximenting at night

day6: ximenting
danshui (happened to see the li sheng jie concert there)

day7: wulai
wufenpu
raohe

day8: longshan temple
zhongxiao dong lu
taipei 101, nyny, warner village
guess3 recording

day9: cks memorial hall
wu fen pu
raohe
shilin

day10: ximenting
back to singapore

some days look abit empty coz we overslept thus went to lesser places as originally planned.... we missed the keelung nite market, gong guan nitemarket and shifen waterfall...
Old 03-08-2006, 02:15 PM   #4520

hi all..i will be goin got taiwan on 12-20 aug...i haf decided to go to hualian and taipei..will spend abt 2 days in hualian and the rest in taipei...juz wana check if these places are worth visiting in taipei..
Confucius Temple, Pao-an Temple, Longshan Temple, Dihua St, Story house, Huahsi St, Yangmishan, Lin An-tai Historic house, Raohe St..

Which of these places are worth visiting??Pls help mi to plan the route to those places too...pls...help...
hualien is definitely worth going!!! esp this period.. the weather there is great.. i seen beautiful waterfall in taroko.. if u r staying for 2 days.. a stay in a minsu will be nice and get a tour guide to drive u ard for the 2 days.. as recommended byt he forumers here i stayed in the stone house minsu and the tour guide arranged by the minsu owner.

longshan temple is a nice place to go if u r interested in historical sites...
Old 03-08-2006, 02:19 PM   #4521

Hi,

Just wondering when is the recording for jacky's Guess x3 in August.

Also, does anyone know when is the recording of another Jacky's show "Qi Tian Da Shen" in August?

Anyone with info, kindly advice..

Thanks in advance!!!
if u r interested in the guess3 recording, i will advice u to gif them a call and leave ur name and number.. coz if on that day alot of ppl go for the recording, they will gif priority to those whu call in and make reservation. (thats what i did for my grp of frens - 8 ppl)

i juz went for the recording on the 31st july 06.. so a rough gauge of the next recording will be the alternate mons after that. but it will be easier if u call in and check coz there might be changes.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:54 PM   #4522

what time are the recordings usually and how long would it take?

Also, do they shoot several epsisodes at one go and woudl i be able to leave halfway through?
Old 03-08-2006, 06:24 PM   #4523

Another thing is since I goin for 5D4N trip, how much will I need to bring there to spend?Is 1k enough?
Old 03-08-2006, 06:46 PM   #4524

Another thing is since I goin for 5D4N trip, how much will I need to bring there to spend?Is 1k enough?
i think 1k is overkill...unless you are treating everyone all the time.....

shopping and eating...i think one person max ia abt SGD600 for 5 days....
Old 03-08-2006, 07:45 PM   #4525
Supremacy Member

hi all..i will be goin got taiwan on 12-20 aug...i haf decided to go to hualian and taipei..will spend abt 2 days in hualian and the rest in taipei...juz wana check if these places are worth visiting in taipei..

Did you at least spend some effort reading through the latter part of the thread?
Old 03-08-2006, 07:46 PM   #4526
Supremacy Member

Then in terms of charges and usage which one will be better and cheaper?
I could make at least 2 calls back home during my 10 day trips

You can top up the card if you think NT$99 isn't enough.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:27 PM   #4527

i am back from taipei yest.. thanks for all the tips and advices in this forum!!
now that i am back.. i hope i can be of help to the forumers here..

some days look abit empty coz we overslept thus went to lesser places as originally planned.... we missed the keelung nite market, gong guan nitemarket and shifen waterfall...
It does get a bit tiring after the first 3 days,doesn't it?? Anyway, those places you missed,you can do it on your next trip.
You did Wufenpu and Raohe St twice!! Nice, heh!!
Old 03-08-2006, 10:10 PM   #4528

what time are the recordings usually and how long would it take?

Also, do they shoot several epsisodes at one go and woudl i be able to leave halfway through?
there is usually 2 recordings in 1 day but its not always... first from 1 to 430pm i think and the second from 730 to 11pm.. u can go either one

each recording is 1 episode and they dun allow ppl to leave halfway... and try to reach half and hour before the recording starts.. so if is 730 start, reach around 7..
Old 03-08-2006, 10:19 PM   #4529

It does get a bit tiring after the first 3 days,doesn't it?? Anyway, those places you missed,you can do it on your next trip.
You did Wufenpu and Raohe St twice!! Nice, heh!!
haha.. yea.. it gets pretty tiring after afew days.. esp when there's travelling out of taipei.. so advice to forumers here is not to plan too many things in a day. .better to enjoy urselves than to rush around trying to meet the itienary. can put some slack time towards the end so that u can revisit some places that u may feel like gg back again..

wufenpu and raohe is juz too big to finish shopping the first time round (at least for my gf).. haha..
Old 04-08-2006, 10:26 AM   #4530

Talking

Hi everyone Here is my 7D6N Taipei Itinerary. (Final copy)
Please give your kind comments. Did I leave out anything important behind?

Day 1
Reach CKS Airport
Check-in Ta Shun Hotel
Miramar Ferris Wheel
Shilin Night Market

Day 2
Check-out Hotel
Proceed to Hualien Minsu
Taroko Gorge
Nan Bing Night Market

Day 3
Hualien Ocean Park
Hualien City/Clubbing

Day 4
Check-out Minsu
Proceed to Ruifang
Bus to Jinguashi-->Jiufen-->Keelung
Miao Kow Night Market
Wu Fen Pu (If sufficient time and still early)
Clubbing (Optional)

Day 5
Taipei 101/Warners/NYNY
Eslite Bookstore/Ladies Shoes @East Metro Mall
Taipei Underground Shopping Mall
Xi Duo Wu Buffet
Wu Fen Pu
Raohe Night Market
Holiday/Cashbox KTV (Which is in good location and value for money esp for the beer cost?)

Day 6
CKS Memorial Hall (Optional)
National Museum
Beitou/Hell Scenic Park
Danshui
Yu Ren Ma Tou
Shilin Night Market again
Clubbing (Optional)

Day 7 (last day)
Wulai
Ding Tai Fung for lunch (if possible)
Pack up/Check-out Hotel
Home sweet Home
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.