HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone knows Taipei well?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2006, 06:07 PM   #4576

day 3 is planned out very nicely....some suggestion, you can afford to reach Wu fen pu at a later time say abt 1700, this will give you one more hour to cover those places near Taipei 101...

as for day 4, you might want to give more time to yehliu and jiufen, maybe you can wait for sunset at jiufen...i will show some pictures of jiufen so that you can decide whether to stay there longer...haha

Last edited by celeron85; 10-08-2006 at 06:35 PM..
Old 10-08-2006, 08:21 PM   #4577
Supremacy Member

Hehe, xie xie

Shifen was incredible... Was not easy getting there, quite out of the way.. But it was worth every bit! Too bad, no time to go Jioufen though..

Ha, Europe, is like a far away dream to me... Nexy destination, most probably Japan this Nov for Autumn. Then Taiwan again next yr for Spring...

I wan to visit Alishan, Sun Moon Lake, Hualien and Penghu next time!
YEs you must visit those places!! spectacular! Esp Alishan!!
Old 10-08-2006, 08:46 PM   #4578
Supremacy Member

Finally after reading 305 pages of threads, my eyes going narrow and having picked up alot of fun and interesting facts on what to do and where to go. I am ready to post my itinery.
I know it's abit early to put in my itinery but like to know whether is there any changes I have to made to further enhance my trip, !
My comments on those i know are in RED and hopefully it helps

Day 1 and 2 look fine to me, workable plan. But IMHO, i feel that you should spend another night in Hualien to experience Whitewater rafting/ Whale watching etc. I spent 1D1N as u too but I felt it was too rush
I miss that place...

Day3
I thought xiaolong bao is available in DTF everyday?? Erhm, from DTF, prob you can try ICE MONSTER which is just nearby. And from DTF, you can take a straight bus to SYS MH too. Not sure if CKS MH is easily accessible from SYS MH or nearby.
After Wufenpu, you can try going to Raohe Night Market.

Shihlin Night Market can be put in you Day5. The place is BIG..you will spend quite some time exploring it And since you are at Shihlin quite early, you can go to Miramar first by taking the free shuttle bus outside the MRT station.

Day7 to DTF again

For me, whichever nights you are free, you can make use of the time to visit various night markets at different MRT stations. or juz visit XMD and Shihlin again & again.

click to enlarge
Old 10-08-2006, 09:37 PM   #4579

The third pic of the 7/11 is perfect for people to know exactly where to gt off the bus. Nice shot.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:12 PM   #4580

day 3 is planned out very nicely....some suggestion, you can afford to reach Wu fen pu at a later time say abt 1700, this will give you one more hour to cover those places near Taipei 101...

as for day 4, you might want to give more time to yehliu and jiufen, maybe you can wait for sunset at jiufen...i will show some pictures of jiufen so that you can decide whether to stay there longer...haha

Thank you for the suggestion and the pics, they were nice. I might consider staying at Jiufen till sunset..
Old 10-08-2006, 11:16 PM   #4581

My comments on those i know are in RED and hopefully it helps

Day 1 and 2 look fine to me, workable plan. But IMHO, i feel that you should spend another night in Hualien to experience Whitewater rafting/ Whale watching etc. I spent 1D1N as u too but I felt it was too rush
I miss that place...

Day3
I thought xiaolong bao is available in DTF everyday?? Erhm, from DTF, prob you can try ICE MONSTER which is just nearby. And from DTF, you can take a straight bus to SYS MH too. Not sure if CKS MH is easily accessible from SYS MH or nearby.
After Wufenpu, you can try going to Raohe Night Market.

Shihlin Night Market can be put in you Day5. The place is BIG..you will spend quite some time exploring it And since you are at Shihlin quite early, you can go to Miramar first by taking the free shuttle bus outside the MRT station.

Day7 to DTF again

For me, whichever nights you are free, you can make use of the time to visit various night markets at different MRT stations. or juz visit XMD and Shihlin again & again.

click to enlarge
Thank you for the suggestion, i tot of staying 1 more night but i am going with mum. She dunno how to swim so i gotta give a miss on the white water rafting!!

According to the threads here, only xiao long "tang" bao for sale in DTF on Sunday.

Day 5, i am going to Raohe also.. thinking of visiting as much of night markets as possible once i covered the general area...
Old 11-08-2006, 09:43 AM   #4582

Hi guys, I'll be going to taipei this coming september. Have check with Stars hotel and they quote me NT$2080 for weekday and NT$2280 for weekend, discounts only will be given for bookings more than 7 nights stay. Any of you guys got a better price??

Thanks for replying
Old 11-08-2006, 11:42 AM   #4583

Hi guys, I'll be going to taipei this coming september. Have check with Stars hotel and they quote me NT$2080 for weekday and NT$2280 for weekend, discounts only will be given for bookings more than 7 nights stay. Any of you guys got a better price??

Thanks for replying
You did not mention for which type of room, they are giving you??
If you check their website at the end of every room description they have :
房價平日7折起,週末例假日8折起
So whatever the list price , reduce it by 30% on weekdays Sun to Thur and by 20% on Friday and Sat. Then reconfirm the room type and rate.

http://www.starshotel.com.tw/index.p...mid=47&lang=tw

If they are troublesome now since we made them popular, try Ta Shun.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:05 PM   #4584

Hello all,

Finally after reading 305 pages of threads, my eyes going narrow and having picked up alot of fun and interesting facts on what to do and where to go. I am ready to post my itinery.

I know it's abit early to put in my itinery but like to know whether is there any changes I have to made to further enhance my trip, !

Day 1, 20 Oct 06 (Friday)

1315 Reach CKS, Pick-up from Hualien Minsu (Shi-tou de Jia)

1600 Reach & check-in minsu, Qi Xin Tan, night market

Day 2, 21 Oct 06 (Saturday)

0800 Breakfast

0900 Taroke (Tian Xiang), Wenshan Hot Spring, Shakadang Trail, Statue of Aksobhya (The Imperturbable Bodhisattva), Ning-An Bridge, Yinhao waterfall, Swallow Grotto, Tunnel of Nine Turns, Eternal Spring Shrine, Chihsing Lake.

1700 Take evening train back to Taipei, stop at Taipei Main station

2030 Take train to Xi Meng Ding, check in Rainbow Hotel or Ta Shun Hotel.

2130 Xi Meng Ting to eat Ah Zhong Mian Xian, Book street (Chongqing S. rd, walk over)

Day 3, 22 Oct 06 (Sunday)

0700 Prepare

0730 Lungshan Temple, Din Tai Fung (Sunday only – xiao long tang bao)

0830 CKS Memorial Hall

0930 SYS Memorial Hall

1030 Zhongxiao Xinsheng, Zhongxiao Dunhua (underground mall), Zhongxiao Fuxing (Sogo)

1300 Lunch at Jogoya, New York New York, Warner Village, Taipei 101 (Taipei City Hall), Zhongxiao Donglu (Hsinyi District)

1600 Wu Fen Pu

2130 Shilin night market

Day 4, 23 Oct 06 (Monday)

0700 Prepare + Breakfast

0800 Yeliu (Guoguang bus at North station of Guoguang bus co near Taipei Main station)

0930 Keelung bus (Fulong line) to Keelung City, Jinguashi

1130 Shifen (see waterfall), Ruifang
At ruifang, can take cab to jiufen, lots of cabbies waiting there, fixed price cost around NT150, alternatively bus station is just directly opposite the train station exit.

1430 Jiufen

1700 Keelung bus to Keelung City, Miaokou night market

2200 Guoguang bus to Taipei

Day 5, 24 Oct 06 (Tuesday)

0800 Prepare + Breakfast

0900 Martyr Shrine (Yuanshan station, see guard change duty)

1200 ZYDGD or Guessx3 filming

1630 Wu Fen Pu again

2100 Raohe night market

Day 6, 25 Oct 06 (Wednesday)

0700 Prepare + Breakfast

0800 Yangmingshan

1200 XinBeiTou hotspring bath (right-private, left-public) – Ya Tai hotspring or Spring City Resort or Asakusa Hot Spring House.

1400 Tianmu (Shipai Station)

1600 Danshui, Fisherman’s Wharf & Lover’s bridge

2030 Mirama Ferris Wheel

Day 7, 26 Oct 06 (Thursday)

0700 Prepare

0800 Checkout hotel

0900 Ding Tai Fung (Yixing Rd)

1030 Taipei City Hall (last min shopping)

1600 Back to CKS Airport

Please advise is it too tight a schedule?!

Thanks,
Hi, for day 4, for Shifen, remeber to check the train schedule. That time when I went, had to wait 30min for the train... End up, took cab from Ruifang. 400NT

Hmm, thk u might want to spend more time @ Shifen. Also forget how much time I spend there. Jiufen, I wanted to see sunset there... But din have the chance...

Ha, overall, I thk ur schedule very tight. Juz my opinion. I thk if schedule too tight, hard to enjoy Also, u have to make allowances for getting lost too. Juz what I thk lah. Cos I tried before liao.. Planning time, was enthuastic, plan alot.. When really go, had to cancel parts of it, cos overslept or simply got lost. Haha
Old 11-08-2006, 01:08 PM   #4585

YEs you must visit those places!! spectacular! Esp Alishan!!
Haha, looking forward to see the sunrise @ Alishan
Old 11-08-2006, 02:49 PM   #4586

You did not mention for which type of room, they are giving you??
If you check their website at the end of every room description they have :
房價平日7折起,週末例假日8折起
So whatever the list price , reduce it by 30% on weekdays Sun to Thur and by 20% on Friday and Sat. Then reconfirm the room type and rate.

http://www.starshotel.com.tw/index.p...mid=47&lang=tw

If they are troublesome now since we made them popular, try Ta Shun.
Hi Nuttyazn, thanks for replying! The price is for room type B, they only give further discount for 7 nights and more. Anyway called Ta Shun already, flat rate of NT$1680 regardless of weekday or weekend, guess we will settle for that
can save more $$$ for eating haha.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:30 PM   #4587

Just got another forumer to confirm with them.The Bigger discount is for 7 nights. Well, they will lose out to Tashun ,Rainbow and East Dragon

Ta Shun is indeed the most competitively priced at the moment for the "NEW" look.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:43 PM   #4588

1st going tomorrow 6d5n

hi guy can anyone help to do a small planning for 6d 5n

i am staying in ever spring hotel in nan jing!! comment???

also should i bring my lappy there???
to surf net??? got free one???

i got a few reference from the reply here and still going through!!

but can anyone help me plan thanks... cos i only book the tix and hotel on wed so quite last min
Old 11-08-2006, 05:18 PM   #4589

Wink

Hi, for day 4, for Shifen, remeber to check the train schedule. That time when I went, had to wait 30min for the train... End up, took cab from Ruifang. 400NT

Hmm, thk u might want to spend more time @ Shifen. Also forget how much time I spend there. Jiufen, I wanted to see sunset there... But din have the chance...

Ha, overall, I thk ur schedule very tight. Juz my opinion. I thk if schedule too tight, hard to enjoy Also, u have to make allowances for getting lost too. Juz what I thk lah. Cos I tried before liao.. Planning time, was enthuastic, plan alot.. When really go, had to cancel parts of it, cos overslept or simply got lost. Haha
Thank you for the advise. What train schedule? Need to take a train to Shifen? I tot a Keelung bus will do.

My schedule is quite flexible and work around my mum but of cos, hope to cover most of it. Not really worry abt overslept but getting lost,
Old 11-08-2006, 08:02 PM   #4590

Thank you for the advise. What train schedule? Need to take a train to Shifen? I tot a Keelung bus will do.

My schedule is quite flexible and work around my mum but of cos, hope to cover most of it. Not really worry abt overslept but getting lost,
Hmm, got to take train from Ruifang to Shifen mah. From wat I know...
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.